#1 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 11:23 AM

Dear Admin,

When I look at the Forum it looks like the jcl Showand I find this embarassing.

So my question is; to post or not to post?

By reading far back into the history of the Forum, I found far more enthusiam and more intellectual (as relates to TUB) dialogue than today. Not a judgement meant, but a concern. Am I being too critical of jcl? Are we all on the logical road at this point in time and space?

Thank you for your advice in advance.

Regards,

jcl
"Knowledge is possessed only by sharing; it is safeguarded by wisdom and socialized by love."

#2 admin

admin

Poster

• Root Admin
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:40 PM

Hi jcl,

Yes, Iíve noticed you post quite a bit. You are making up for the many subscribers who like to stay on the sidelines. Perhaps there is too much noise in the world and most people prefer to commune with their inner spirits?

You ask: ďAre we all on the logical road at this point in time and space?Ē Wherever we happen to be today is the one place we can act fromómake decisions or no decisions. Who are we and where ought we to go? Your Adjuster will tell you, will show you the way.

Forums, mailing lists, communicating through the Internet, all this is a recent phenomenon. Still trying to figure out this animal myself.

And then there is The Urantia Book. Before I discovered the book I thought the world was as flat as a piece of paper on a table. Then I realized you could pick up this paper, roll it into 3-D, at the same time noticing the table has legs and you can move around it. The Urantia teachings opened up a multi-dimensional universe. Opportunities are cropping up all over the place suddenly. One learns that being a human being is actually exciting. And we're just starting out, as eternity stretches out before us.

As to your question: to post or not to post? You decide.

peace,
admin

Dear Admin,

By reading far back into the history of the Forum, I found far more enthusiam and more intellectual (as relates to TUB) dialogue than today. Not a judgement meant, but a concern. Am I being too critical of jcl? Are we all on the logical road at this point in time and space?

Regards,

jcl

#3 williamstade

williamstade

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests: Guitar practice, writing practice, and metaphysics (The nature of reality. Laughh.)

Posted 10 November 2007 - 09:11 PM

Hi Carolyn... Was good to see you.

I am only on this board a week or so. Is there a high rate to turnover so far as members are concerned? That might make the type of dialogue that you are looking for more difficult.

Hope you are feeling well and having a good evening. :D

William

"Straightforward naturalness, genuineness, simplicity and spontaneity are important virtues" (Lama Surya Das, 2007).

#4 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 11:52 AM

Advice taken.
Thank you.

Hi jcl,

Yes, Iíve noticed you post quite a bit. You are making up for the many subscribers who like to stay on the sidelines. Perhaps there is too much noise in the world and most people prefer to commune with their inner spirits?

You ask: ďAre we all on the logical road at this point in time and space?Ē Wherever we happen to be today is the one place we can act fromómake decisions or no decisions. Who are we and where ought we to go? Your Adjuster will tell you, will show you the way.

Forums, mailing lists, communicating through the Internet, all this is a recent phenomenon. Still trying to figure out this animal myself.

And then there is The Urantia Book. Before I discovered the book I thought the world was as flat as a piece of paper on a table. Then I realized you could pick up this paper, roll it into 3-D, at the same time noticing the table has legs and you can move around it. The Urantia teachings opened up a multi-dimensional universe. Opportunities are cropping up all over the place suddenly. One learns that being a human being is actually exciting. And we're just starting out, as eternity stretches out before us.

As to your question: to post or not to post? You decide.

peace,
admin

"Knowledge is possessed only by sharing; it is safeguarded by wisdom and socialized by love."

#5 Joe DiMaggio

Joe DiMaggio

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 03:18 PM

Carolyn,

It is my opinion that you should continue to post as your spirit leads you to. I personally find your contributions both insightful and inspirational and you are to be complimented on letting the spirit of courage bring you along from this. . .

Dear brilliant reader of TUB and thinker,

Your last referrence to certain groups was perhaps not intended to be read as judgemental. The not nice word you used as descriptive was a bit enthusiastic, but... perhaps a word with higher purpose would illicit others to dialogue. I admire your words and your questions. I admire the dialogue I have read. I write in real humility as a newbie but am not brave enough to dialogue.

. . .to a certifiable leader and teacher to many forum members both new and old. I have been following your posts and topics from the sidelines and have come to admire your insight, your patience, and your love of your fellows.

Joe

#6 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:07 PM

Dear Joe Dimaggio and others,

Thank you for affirmation. From time to time everyone needs TLC.

What better way to find that but here on the Urantia Forum at which LOVE abounds.

Haven't read a post from you for awhile?

Love to all,

Carolyn

#7 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:16 PM

Dear wiliamstade,

Not a lot of turn over, but recently fewer posting. Perhaps very busy or just reading.
This is all well and good.

I am very well. Thank you. My family is also. We seem to be in a high point waiting, as we mortals do, for the next low...all part of the personal journey. My immediate family is very large. So the probabilites of said high and lows are numerous.:D

I hope this finds you doing ok, too. :D

Love,

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn... Was good to see you.

I am only on this board a week or so. Is there a high rate to turnover so far as members are concerned? That might make the type of dialogue that you are looking for more difficult.

Hope you are feeling well and having a good evening. :D

William

#8 Joe DiMaggio

Joe DiMaggio

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:38 AM

Regretably, I have not been posting for some time now. I do need to periodically dedicate some of my time to this as it is a wonderful avenue for fellowship and mutual growth.

During my posting hiatus, as a result of some offline conversations with other members triggered by some of my earlier posts, I became aware of this whole "teaching mission" problem. I spent a great deal of time researching the extent of it by educating myself on their literature, motives, and intentions and I must say that it disturbed me enough that I had to take a step back and meditate for several weeks on what damage they are doing to our potential and actual new readership as well as what action I should take in helping to deal with it. I still don't have an answer, but I have at least come to terms with understanding it and assessing what threat it poses to the revelators original purposes so now I feel ready to return to active participation within the fold of the true students of this uniquely divine gift to humanity. This forum seems to have the most seasoned and tested readership of any I have visited and I truly enjoy interaction with its members.

Happy posting,

Joe

#9 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:44 AM

Dear Joe DiMaggio,

Lovely.

Nice to have back your expertise. We shall, now, all benefit.

Love,

Caroyn

#10 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:12 PM

Dear Admin,

I have been curious as to why on June 27, 2007 so many were on the Forum at the same time?

#11 admin

admin

Poster

• Root Admin
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:33 AM

Carolyn,

No idea what transpired on that day. Someone may have mentioned this forum to a lot of people and they stopped by for a visit?

admin

Dear Admin,

I have been curious as to why on June 27, 2007 so many were on the Forum at the same time?

#12 Guest_U-rantian_*

Guest_U-rantian_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2007 - 03:24 AM

Dear Carolyn
Don't feel discouraged in what your doing, it is priceless that forbearance of yours, something we should learn from. This forum needs someone focused on the study and you are that one. We will try to catch up with you soon. In the meantime keep looking ahead and leading the way.

Regards
U-rantian

Dear Admin,

Regards,

jcl

#13 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:51 PM

Dear Admin and U-rantian

I was hoping for a really big answer...funny me. So there is no answer? Okay. I can live that.

Nice words from you U-rantian. Thank you. I take that as a affirmation. Love back to you as well.

Carolyn

#14 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:26 PM

Dear Admin,

There are 281 members of this Forum and yet only a very small % post their comments about the topics.

Do you have really great and profound answer for me, besides "who knows"?

With profound curiosity as there are very bright members who remain silent,

Carolyn

#15 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 03:04 PM

Dear admin,

I have answered my own question. Read my posts.

There is a member causing the best of the members to leave or not post and should be removed from the Forum. the damage has been overwhelming.

Carolyn

#16 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:19 PM

Dear Admin,

Merry Christmas and happy holidays.

I appreciate your volunteering to monitor the forum. Must be difficult.

Love and peace,

Carolyn

#17 admin

admin

Poster

• Root Admin
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 04:49 AM

The forum moderators decided 3 to 1 to let Robert of Australia stay on the forum. To give us a breather his account will be suspended for 11 days. Unless something else comes up, like a change of mind, his account will be automatically reinstated about January 1st, 2008.

It is easy to be intolerant of something or someone one does not understand or is quite different.

admin

Dear admin,

I have answered my own question. Read my posts.

There is a member causing the best of the members to leave or not post and should be removed from the Forum. the damage has been overwhelming.

Carolyn

#18 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:destiny interception, kindred spirits, Sailing my ketch, cooking, reading ( a book a day, if possible), helping fellow sojurners on the path of righteousness.I am most interested in building strong relationships with fellow kingdom builders knowing that we will be serving together, off and on, through time and into eternity.

Posted 22 December 2007 - 01:34 PM

The forum moderators decided 3 to 1 to let Robert of Australia stay on the forum. To give us a breather his account will be suspended for 11 days. Unless something else comes up, like a change of mind, his account will be automatically reinstated about January 1st, 2008.

It is easy to be intolerant of something or someone one does not understand or is quite different.

admin

Gabriel was in favor of severely stern measures to deal with Lucifer and his rebels at the outbreak of the rebelion. Yet because Michael had yet to achieve sovereignty, evil was allowed to flourish, to run its course. We are told that literally thousands of times as much good can come forth from evil compared to the sum of its harm done. But for sin to succeed, all that is necessary is for kingdom builders to do nothing, let evil go unchallenged.

My Brother Robert from OZ is ,at times, quite tiresome with his clever pointed barbs calculated to incite reaction. Dwelling on his earthly obsession with kingdoms, empires, power, death and war, he would repeatedly turn our deliberations from the sublime to the ridiculous. Yes, Robert, there IS evil in this world. I thank God for that. I thank my Heavenly Father I was born into this place, that by the ministry of the grace of God the Spirit I am enabled to become a eternal child of the Living God. Earth is a great place to be FROM. But to make the most of our time here is to grasp the meaning of Supremacy, the fact of the world-wide Family of God.

We are no longer Austrailians or Dutch or Finn, Thai or Ghanian, we all live in "the city whose foundations are righteousness and joy in the truth, and whose builder and maker is God." We are all in the Kingdom and born of the spirit, hence free from the sin and guilt of spiritual pride and moral self-satisfaction.I Pray to God daily for this to be so.

Robert, remember the Parable of the Talents, to them whom much is given- much is expected! What are you going to tell the Mansion World Teachers in your Life Review sessions? "I read the revelation but instead of sharing the truth and spreading the joy, I complained to my brothers about the "motes in their eyes." Better by far to have a small but living and growing faith than to be possessed of a great intellect with its dead stores of worldly wisdom and spiritual unbelief. Likewise we should not contend with those we wish to bring into the kingdom.

Finally, may I say the greatest among you is the servant of all.
Slowly but surely the Power of Love is overcoming the Love of Power

#19 Jose Alberto Wonsover

Jose Alberto Wonsover

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:10 PM

By reading far back into the history of the Forum, I found far more enthusiam and more intellectual (as relates to TUB) dialogue than today.

Hi my friends... ;)

I like comment, if allow me, with you permission.Only this interest aspect, that first question. Like a personal opinion.

We go through a journey, a beautiful journey, an adventure exuberant. The most great of all, the most exciting of all adventures. We begining the first steps, ours first steps of this path, of this spiritual search. We begining like a personal search, but at some time we found that much more people and friends to be in this path, in this way, in this adventure.

Here are enthusiam... Little by little. But it exists. Well yes there is certainly!. You have it!. Each one have it!. Itís your, belong to you. And you have that spirit, that mood, because is a happiness that donít explain with words, and you want that other people so do it. Do you wish that other people participate more, to be share more, to be courage more. And it is normal. Itís wonderful. Who donít be want some time?. That path it is so touched, so beautiful that you wish that creativity in the other people. And this ok. But my friend, we could not force to somebody. Each one has choise the better for that person. Some people like read more, study more, learning more. Itís wonderful. Each in his own way. Sometimes is very difficult to express it in words.

That courage, that share, that spirit has born in every man. Everything with measurement. We cannot change the people against his will. Every man himself choise the set oneís heart on something. And this is wonderful!. We cannot take that.

Remember this beautiful quote:
Man cannot cause growth, but he can supply favorable conditions. Growth is always unconscious, be it physical, intellectual, or spiritual. Love thus grows; it cannot be created, manufactured, or purchased; it must grow. Evolution is a cosmic technique of growth. 1097:4

Everything progress. Everything evolution to something better. Sometime that progress is very slowly. The wonderful flowers donít growth overnightÖ Itís a process. Sometime, perhaps, from that intellectuality suceeded to understand there are something highest that merely intellectuality. Do not exclude the intellectuality. But itís superiorÖ Itís a spiritual experience, a real experience, genuine, unique. A refreshing experience, a new experience. All things are becoming new. Itís happening that is experiential, thatís living, enjoy life to the full with all his being.

There are four phases in the evolution of religious philosophy: Such an experience may become merely conformative, resigned to submission to tradition and authority. Or it may be satisfied with slight attainments, just enough to stabilize the daily living, and therefore becomes early arrested on such an adventitious level. Such mortals believe in letting well enough alone. A third group progress to the level of logical intellectuality but there stagnate in consequence of cultural slavery. It is indeed pitiful to behold giant intellects held so securely within the cruel grasp of cultural bondage. It is equally pathetic to observe those who trade their cultural bondage for the materialistic fetters of a science, falsely so called. The fourth level of philosophy attains freedom from all conventional and traditional handicaps and dares to think, act, and live honestly, loyally, fearlessly, and truthfully. 1114:2

Sometime a person said:
Posted Image

Nothing is forced. The most beautiful always to give a natural way. A flower never forced to growth. Never forced to produce fruitsÖ Do it with naturalness!. Such is life!. In everything. The more forced more move it away. Tha Master said:

Always respect the personality of man. Never should a righteous cause be promoted by force; spiritual victories can be won only by spiritual power. This injunction against the employment of material influences refers to psychic force as well as to physical force. 1765:4

What do you do?. Follow your way. Follow with all love to be have, with all faith in our dear Father, with all energy, with all vitality, with all conviction, all certain, with all the enjoy and the happiness. Follow your way. Because itís a personal search. Because itís a personal way. Each one have a personal religion. It's personal. Rejoicing if somebody accompany us in this way!. To share with other people, sometime they ask about how do you get it. They be led to inquire. Be creative, be inventive, be yourself. Be someone new for your friends, for your family, here in this forum too, if you want. Wherever you go. In this path is very important to socialize with other friends. To know its experiences, their points of view. To feel the company of our friends. That Union of Love and spiritual values will unite more to us. Sometimes there are perspective differences, but Love is the Union. And that is the challenge, understanding more to us.

Posted Image

We are a creative persons. Itís innate. Itís natural. We living at this time in who a person need more creative, because has a better opportunity. In the work, amongst your family, amongst your friends, wichever you doÖ Beging yourself, wash the dishes, clean a room, to cook, wichever you do, try to with all love. Donít need forced somebody. Be creative yourself, and more creativity more you have to share. The more give more expandÖ But with respect. Itís difficult but that is a challenge.

Greetings! ;)

#20 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:destiny interception, kindred spirits, Sailing my ketch, cooking, reading ( a book a day, if possible), helping fellow sojurners on the path of righteousness.I am most interested in building strong relationships with fellow kingdom builders knowing that we will be serving together, off and on, through time and into eternity.

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:38 PM

Dear Jose,

I hear you sincerely wishing for a better world, a better forum, for each one to love the other, for people to let it be and to live and let live.

We have to allow our fellows freedom of expression and not promulgate by force. Jesus did not ever use the superior force of his majestic personality or intellect to overawe or overpower those less gifted.

Your quote at the top may be true. Maybe there was more intellectual participation before. I believe these things run in cycles and it will pick up after the holidays. Plus there has lately been a few "wolves in sheep's clothing," disingenuous troublemakers with agendas of their own to promote that have little to do with the study and discussion of the Urantia book. There are people who spend agreat deal of their time, behind the scenes, going over posts and discussing just what people are about. I am sure it is a difficult and thankless job and i thank them for it now.

You live in the land of "pura vida" and surround yourself and recognize all the beauty around you and then try to share it with us. May God bless your efforts, Jose. I know i do.

Bill Martin
Slowly but surely the Power of Love is overcoming the Love of Power

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users