#1 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:43 PM

Dear Jorge,

I think that the topic needs to change. There are few reading it. I think it is the word 'pleasure' that stops most from reading. I had a hard time with that word. I could be wrong. But then if I am, perhaps that will get a response.

Until then, let us begin.

p. 651, Paper 57, The Origin of Urantia, Sec. 1. The Andronover Nebula, par 1

"Urantia is of origin in your sun, and your sun is one of the multifarious offspring of the Andronover nebula, which was onetime organized as a component part of the physical power and material matter of the local universe of Nebadon. And this great nebula itself took origin in the universal force-charge of space in the superuniverse of Orvonton, long, long ago."

Do you think anyone will respond?

Regards,

jcl
"Knowledge is possessed only by sharing; it is safeguarded by wisdom and socialized by love."

#2 Guest_robert_*

Guest_robert_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:09 PM

Many times have I enjoyed the supreme pleasure of a sojourn in the immediate personal presence of the Universal Father.
I portray the reality and truth of the Father's nature and attributes with unchallengeable authority; I know whereof I speak.
[p.32]Is pleasure--the satisfaction of happiness--desirable? Then must man live in a world where the alternative of pain and the likelihood of suffering are ever-present experiential possibilities.[p.51]

Without taking our pleasures perhaps as seriously as our sojourning friend, we could state
the problem with the pleasure-principle--is always the value we assign.

The UB appears to imply such when it enquires the value of the desire.

Pleasure approaches desire-satiation when it is assigned 'with other pleasures'--ie how do we measure or value the relief and satisfaction of relaxing after a hard days effort--it is simply 'golden' when deserved.

Most error arises when we attempt to quantify these moments--through to the stage that "certain" brain-levels are supposedly conducive of eternal bliss.

[probably true if we didnt have autonomic systems that want to imput age and illness upon us]...

But what is man--if not stupid [even love is supposedly measurable, rather than an ever expanding reality]??

THE VALUE/ QUALITY/EFFECT of any sensory condition is always "over time", if we believe that normally we progress as orderly and evolving persons.

Whereas the mechanist point of view is Freudian--ie we function solely as pleasure and pain individuals; or equally disjointed, the branch of Psychology deemed as behaviouralism.

Regards the latter--if any thinking person has experienced or noted the bizarre chemical cocktails that such science verities
[ie observation means you may extrapolate from animal-results and call that "the human condition"-];
then you can see why the father of Psychology, Dr.Sadler, changed his "behavioural ideas" once he was presented with more conclusive evidence.

Development over time is the 'evolving" model--
Consequently the realities of iatrogenia and medically-inflicted abuses should never have been visited on the species.

[Allopathy is Pavlovian--and Plato illustrated the ineptitude of that reality, before even the bestowed influence held sway.]

Regards designing universes--the pleasure may be understanding the long-term desire:

"While there is this dematerializing technique for preparing the Adams for transit from Jerusem to the evolutionary worlds, there is no equivalent method for taking them away from such worlds unless the entire planet is to be emptied, in which event emergency installation of the dematerialization technique is made for the entire salvable population.

If some physical catastrophe should doom the planetary residence of an evolving race, the Melchizedeks and the Life Carriers would install the technique of dematerialization for all survivors, and by seraphic transport these beings would be carried away to the new world prepared for their continuing existence.

The evolution of a human race, once initiated on a world of space, must proceed quite independently of the physical survival of that planet, but during the evolutionary ages it is not otherwise intended that a Planetary Adam or Eve shall leave their chosen world.[p.582]

If this all seems fictional or not 'in my lifetime'--then realise that the father of elecricity, Nikola Tesla wanted to harness free-energy
in the 1920's.
[we need the time to create our universes--not instead allow merit to reside in trust accounts--and dictate "needs"]

interesting topic...

#3 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:44 AM

Remember your reaction the first time you read this sentence?

Worship is salvation for the pleasure-seeking generations of mortals.

Mine was one of curiosity, but not of understanding. After twenty+ years of scaling this mountainous revelation, I am beginning to understand worship's meaning---in reality, pitiful and humanly imperfect that it is...

Total understanding will not be complete until we graduate Paradise, ya? Imagine the pleasure of total engulfment in Father God.

Humanity needs a new addcition, a positive one. Here it is! But will humans make it a fetish? Maybe. But my worship seems always time limited, that is, has to be balanced with worldly doings. Allopathy notwithstanding. :)

#4 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 12:35 PM

Dear Rick,

Allopathy: def. "1. system of medical practice that combats disease by treatments that produce effect different from those produced by the disease treated. 2. a system of medical practice making use of all measures proved of value in treatment of disease."__Webster hmmmm? Love to be sent to big dictionary, as little dictionary usually handles most of my needs for understanding or spelling.

I do remember the first time I read said sentence. Worship was my first thought: sincereity my second. That is not an easy value to perfect in a lifetime...need more of the journey for that one.

Yes, the adventure has begun... to reach that perfection wherein we embrace our Ultimate Father. Faith, unwavering, needed for this journey. So far, a pleasure.

Now "pleasure" as stated with this information doesn't look as it first did on the Forum board. Perhaps I have grown up, in, or through? :)

Thank you for your response.
Perhaps Jorge will visit?

Carolyn
"Knowledge is possessed only by sharing; it is safeguarded by wisdom and socialized by love."

#5 Guest_robert_*

Guest_robert_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:01 PM

hi carolyn--your nation worship is slightly disturbing--do we really raise our grandchildren to sacrifice to a misguided summation of present affairs:
[1] Family faith:

In the creation of the System Sovereigns and the Planetary Princes there occurs the personalization of a concept that has been getting farther and farther away from the Universal Father and the Eternal Son, and there is an increasing danger of losing the sense of proportion as to one's self-importance and a greater likelihood of failure to keep a proper grasp of the values and relationships of the numerous orders of divine beings and their gradations of authority.

That the Father is not personally present in the local universe also imposes a certain test of faith and loyalty on all these Sons.

[2] the loyalty of the US:

Can an advanced society maintain that military preparedness which renders it secure from all attack by its war-loving neighbors without yielding to the temptation to employ this military strength in offensive operations against other peoples for purposes of selfish gain or national aggrandizement?

National survival demands preparedness, and religious idealism alone can prevent the prostitution of preparedness into aggression.

The "aggressive defence of oil" are acts of aggression.

Defence" CAN NEVER BE in somebody else's nation.

It is also a war-crime when your own personnel train the terrorists.[see facts if you care]:

there is no such things as renegade organisations that own flight simulators;

you cannot fly through twenty-four hour defence systems unless they are deliberately left unattended--proven systems do not become halloween inoperable.

You do not have an impact that registers on the Richter scale, but cannot be explained geo-thermically--[the "attack" impact was recorded at your national seismic centre--at exactly the time the first plane struck].

Regardless of that fact--a single impact does not cause the chain-controlled explosions as reported by the tenants, fire-persons, television-crews, police and passerbys.

If the above is freely available--how warped is the seige mentality of retaliation if:

"Education of public opinion is the only safe and true method of accelerating civilization...
Public opinion, the mores, is the basic and elemental energy in social evolution and state development, but to be of state value it must be nonviolent in expression."

As a country you should be examining why

The measure of the advance of society is directly determined by the degree to which public opinion can control personal behavior and state regulation through nonviolent expression.

Morally--is it that difficult to comprehend that unarmed civilians do not represent:

the strong... oppressing the weak.

or blindness to reality???

Education recently passed from the control of the clergy to that of lawyers and businessmen...
Eventually it must be given over to the philosophers and the scientists.
Teachers must be free beings, real leaders, to the end that philosophy, the search for wisdom, may become the chief educational pursuit.

The ending of war--international adjudication of national and racial differences by continental courts of nations presided over by a supreme planetary tribunal automatically recruited from the periodically retiring heads of the continental courts.

The continental courts are authoritative; the world court is advisory--moral.
These are the prerequisites...

urantia is far from the realization of these... ideals, but the civilized races have made a beginning--mankind is on the march toward higher evolutionary destinies.

As educated persons--your scientists [despite censorship]--should be telling you that even limited nuclear-testing could spin or freeze the rotation of the globe.
A nuclear exchange is definitely not just another war game:

If some physical catastrophe should doom the planetary residence of an evolving race, the Melchizedeks and the Life Carriers would install the technique of dematerialization for all survivors, and by seraphic transport these beings would be carried away to the new world prepared for their continuing existence.

Along with the prospect of evolutionary extinction--we should never have to envision the strength or illegality of a trillion-dollar in debt nation parading its capability to destroy itself as necessary or virtuous.

Why invoke Creator Sons in this confusion:

The evolution of a human race, once initiated on a world of space, must proceed quite independently of the physical survival of that planet, but during the evolutionary ages it is not otherwise intended that a Planetary Adam or Eve shall leave their chosen world.

thanks...

#6 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:24 AM

Dear Robert,

You grossly misinterpret what I worship. I worship the Father, his Son Christ Michael, and seek the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Truth. I know I have a Thought Adjustor leading me back to Father. I am grateful for the gift of my unique personality. Worship is the highest level of mind. Worship surpasses prayer. I do not worship the USA.

I believe in freedom. Freedom is for that which Michael wore the banner with the three blue concentric circles. It was for that same freedom that he left his guardian angel at the foot of Mt Hebon and went alone as Joshua ben Joseph to fight the very same superpowers whose last possible choice of action was not freedom. He met them in a time long before and at the same time during his mortal life. The battle of the minds did occur. The result was freedom of choice for all mortals of all the planets of Nebadon. We have the choice to choose to survive or not.

In history we have faced the facts of the greedy and the ugly of heart. Sometimes we have been grossly wrong. At other times absolutely right. We have to look back to understand the whys of history in order to judge it. Am I unhappy that the country in which I live is at war? Yes. Am I a pessimist about the doom of all that is good , beautiful, and true disappearing in a cloud of atoms. No. Do I apologize for the need for fossil fuels? From what is this computer I am now using made; or the transportation we use to seed TUB? Our lives are all about oil. Without it, the lights go out, civilization halts and what chance would we have to evolve then? We are also stopped from communicating. Look around your room as I am now, try hard to think of what is not made from petroleum. Think further to no paved roads, equipment to end diseases or answers to the big questions. Last. think about the fact that the very book we read was printed on machines that require petroleum. Now there is truth.

I do not believe we are as misguided as some think. A lot of wars have been fought for worse reasons. Religion is perhaps the saddest reason of all.

As to the idea that we are deluded by lies of our leaders. I think the drive-by media is more in control of that myth than the truth of it. Americans in general have a 10 min. attention span. The media can call all the shots and magazines, newspapers, and, yes, even the news on the internet is meant for the gullible. Truth in this country comes from a lot of reading of many sources and then reading between the lines.

I will admit that a global war on terror is misnamed. One can not fight an emotion. Perhaps the war against aggression on 9/11? or how about just Global Assistance in Finding Freedom. GAFF. Skip around the world and land in any given area where Americans are helping others and you would be floored by the number of programs that are making life better for so many countries. It is a hug effort. The bill is also huge. And we are paying most of it. Don't see any $ sent to help America. In fact, for the first time in the history of the USA, one country did send a little aide for Katrina. We are building schools, hospitals, governments, business, trade, and rebuilding infrastructors desroyed by dictators across the globe.

We can think about a perfect world, we can work towards one, but we do not live in one today. Someone has to stand up and do the hard stuff. Talk is cheap. Action is for what we live. Words are easy to throw around. But do we go out and serve our fellowman? Is serving in the military a noble profession? I was a teacher of morals and ethics in history for most of those 41 years.. Was that more noble?

UB gives us the answers to living this life now. We have been directed to live well and "TRY to be as perfect as our Father is perfect". As my grandson (who will carry on the seeding of TUB, long after I am gone), carries out a mission this day in Iraq, I hope for his safety and that he does his job well.

And last remember this, as it is historically true: men at war will always state "that, in the end. they fight not for the nation, but for each other."

I vote for love. I hope for a better world for my great grandchildren and I do not see it as a probability, but a possibility. TUB gives us hope that all will be well and if not, then help will come. Maybe a long time into the future. Thank goodness we have not the ability to see that far. Evolution is slow.

But bravery, courage, or giving your life for something bigger than yourself can bring value to men.

I am proud of the choices my grandchildren make. In a free world they will continue to have that right.

Peace Robert and let it be in our time,

Carolyn

#7 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:26 AM

Dear Robert,

I lived in New Zealand at one time (1964). I remember that the news from the US was in tiny sound bites; all wrong. I had just come from the US and was shocked how how ill informed that part of the world was. Traveling on a British liner with many Aussies, I was amazed at the students returning from England, where thay had been on their summer holiday, were more informed about the Beatles than what they actually knew about what was truly happening in my Country. They had no clue of what the Civil Rights Movement really meant; nor did most realize the size of this Country. The deep South is a long way from California and still is; both in social values, how they view other races than white, and they even sometimes can't be understood with the southern accent. It depends on how deep they live. California has every race, religion, and culture represented in it. It is a mecca for all, due to the great weather and diverse geography. (easy to float in, if illegal) When I was told by a lovely New Zealand lady "that I treated African Americans horribly", I was struck dumb. At that time a person of color couldn't even get a visa into NZ. I was raised with all races and no prejudice.
I love the Aussies as a whole. You are so much more like us than not. My visit there with dear friends, made on that liner so many years ago, was terrific.

Of course, at that time their was no internet. We needed more oil for that to happen. So...

Does any of this have to do with TUB. I hope so...this is the time of our life.

p. 2094, The Faith of Jesus

?The full summation of human life is the knowledge that man is educated by fact, ennobled by wisdom, and saved__justified__by religious faith.
Physical certainty consists in the logic of science; moral certainty, in the wisdom of philosophy; spiritual certainty, in the truth of genuine religious experience.
The mind of man can attain high levels of spiritual insight and corresponding spheres of divinity of values because it is not wholly material. There is a spirit nucleus in the mind of man__the Adjuster of the divine presence. There are three separate evidences of this spirit indwelling of the human mind;
1. Humanitarian fellowship__love. The purely animal mind may be gregarious for self-protection, but only the spirit-indwelt intellect is unselfishly altruistic and unconditionally loving.
2. Interpretation of the universe__wisdom. Only the spirit indwelt mind can comprehend that the universe is friendly to the individual.
* 3. Spiritual evaluation of life__worship. Only the spirit-indwelt man can realize the divine presence and seek to attain a fuller experience in and with this foretaste of divinity.
The human mind does not create real values; human experience does not yield universe insight. Concerning insight, the recognition of moral values and the discernment of spiritual meanings, all that the human mind can do is to discover, recognize, interpret, and choose.
The moral values of the universe become intellectual possessions by the exercise of the three basic judgments, or choices, of the mortal mind:
1. Self-judgment__moral choice.
2. Social-judgment__ethical choice.
3. God-judgment__religious choice.?

Love and Peace to all,

Carolyn

#8 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:25 PM

UB 910:07 "One of the great hindrances to the progress of human society is the conflict between the interests and welfare of the larger, more socialized human groups and of the smaller, contrary-minded asocial associations of mankind, not to mention antisocially-minded single individuals.
No national civilization long endures unless its educational methods and religious ideals inspire a high type of intelligent patriotism and national devotion. Without this sort of intelligent patriotism and cultural solidarity, all nations tend to disintegrate as a result of provincial jealousies and local self-interests."

UB 786:09 "Militarism is autocratic and cruel--savage. It promotes social organization among the conquerors but disintegrates the vanquished. Industrialism is more civilized and should be so carried on as to promote initiative and to encourage individualism. Society should in every way possible foster originality."

UB 786:11 "Man will never accept peace as a normal mode of living until he has been thoroughly and repeatedly convinced that peace is best for his material welfare..."

UB 804:17 "Idealism can never survive on an evolving planet if the idealists in each generation permit themselves to be exterminated by the baser orders of humanity."

UB 805:01 "Competition is essential to social progress, but competition, unregulated, breeds violence. In current society, competition is slowly displacing war in that it determines the individual's place in industry, as well as decreeing the survival of the industries themselves."

adelfo

Edited by Bonita, 17 June 2009 - 06:07 PM.

#9 Guest_robert_*

Guest_robert_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2007 - 04:20 AM

hi carolyn-is it necessary to state the obvious-- one hardly expects to find other than some for of deity expression on such a forum.

So is it a quart into a pint to enquire do you really believe its required to give a precis of one's worship preferences to engage in a discussion, or is that the introductory bamboozlement before we get told Holy War is a Urantia enterprise, fact of life or historically required???

Adelfo's Spanish or South American patriotism may also find interesting the following UB propositions.

[we could even call them Master suggestions if both parties propose industrialised war is necessary]

Why does a sane society remove their misfits--adelfo--so they gain promotion???

[quote]
TRUE and FALSE LIBERTY:

How dare the self-willed creature encroach upon the rights of his fellows in the name of personal liberty when the Supreme Rulers of the universe stand back in merciful respect for these prerogatives of will and potentials of personality!

No being, in the exercise of his supposed personal liberty, has a right to deprive any other being of those privileges of existence conferred by the Creators and duly respected by all their loyal associates, subordinates, and subjects.
[p.614][/quote]

In terms of insight or reality--why would individuals 2000 years ago be expected to understand and incorporate instructions-- [minus a Spirit of Truth]-- which you masterly disregard or find convenient to propose has no meaning:

[quote]
"Today, the unbelievers may taunt you with preaching a gospel of nonresistance and with living lives of nonviolence, but you are the first volunteers of a long line of sincere believers in the gospel of this kingdom who will astonish all mankind by their heroic devotion to these teachings.

No armies of the world have ever displayed more courage and bravery than will be portrayed by you and your loyal successors who shall go forth to all the world proclaiming the good news--the fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of men.

The courage of the flesh is the lowest form of bravery.

Mind bravery is a higher type of human courage, but the highest and supreme is uncompromising loyalty to the enlightened convictions of profound spiritual realities.

And such courage constitutes the heroism of the God-knowing man.

And you are all God-knowing men; you are in very truth the personal associates of the Son of Man."[/quote]

Sovereignity:

War... will never end so long as nations cling to the illusive notions of unlimited national sovereignty.

There are only two levels of relative sovereignty on an inhabited world: the spiritual free will of the individual mortal and the collective sovereignty of mankind as a whole.

Between the level of the individual human being and the level of the total of mankind, all groupings and associations are relative, transitory, and of value only in so far as they enhance the welfare, well-being, and progress of the individual and the planetary grand total--man and mankind.

Someday civil rulers will learn that the Most Highs rule in the kingdoms of men.

This rule of the Most Highs in the kingdoms of men is not for the especial benefit of any especially favored group of mortals.

There is no such thing as a "chosen people."

The rule of the Most Highs, the overcontrollers of political evolution, is a rule designed to foster the greatest good to the greatest number of all men and for the greatest length of time.[/quote]

Regards your comment:
[quote]
You grossly misinterpret what I worship. I worship the Father, his Son Christ Michael, and seek the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Truth. I know I have a Thought Adjustor leading me back to Father. I am grateful for the gift of my unique personality. Worship is the highest level of mind. Worship surpasses prayer...[/quote]I have not the slightest error:

[A]regards worshipping the Father--without psychic circle progression--we actually are worshipping The Supreme--which is experiential and evolving God.
It would be very clear that if we were to worship either God the Ultimate, God the Absolute, or God the Infinite--
there would not be the slightest doubt that WAR is EVIL.

if prayer is sensible--then so would be its reply:
[quote]
When it is not possible to worship God in the tabernacles of nature, men should do their best to provide houses of beauty, sanctuaries of appealing simplicity and artistic embellishment, so that the highest of human emotions may be aroused in association with the intellectual approach to spiritual communion with God.

Truth, beauty, and holiness are powerful and effective aids to true worship.

But spirit communion is not promoted by mere massive ornateness and overmuch embellishment with man's elaborate and ostentatious art.

Beauty is most religious when it is most simple and naturelike.

How unfortunate that little children should have their first introduction to concepts of public worship in cold and barren rooms so devoid of the beauty appeal and so empty of all suggestion of good cheer and inspiring holiness!

The child should be introduced to worship in nature's outdoors and later accompany his parents to public houses of religious assembly which are at least as materially attractive and artistically beautiful as the home in which he is daily domiciled.[/quote]

FREEDOM--is not a UB concept--instead the term is LIBERTY

"I believe in freedom. Freedom is for that which Michael wore the banner with the three blue concentric circles.
It was for that same freedom that he left his guardian angel at the foot of Mt Hebon and went alone as Joshua ben Joseph to fight the very same superpowers whose last possible choice of action was not freedom. "
He met them in a time long before and at the same time during his mortal life.
The battle of the minds did occur. The result was freedom of choice for all mortals of all the planets of Nebadon.

We have the choice to choose to survive or not.

comment: regards last claim--the obvious is not physically literal--and may have a far, far different set of events than the UB reveals...

In history we have faced the facts of the greedy and the ugly of heart.

Sometimes we have been grossly wrong.

At other times absolutely right.
We have to look back to understand the whys of history in order to judge it.

comment: where may this suggestion remotely be in the UB.

We must always consider our Destiny--hence another past,present and future presentation of why WAR is absolute EVIL.

Am I unhappy that the country in which I live is at war? Yes. Am I a pessimist about the doom of all that is good , beautiful, and true disappearing in a cloud of atoms. No. Do I apologize for the need for fossil fuels? From what is this computer I am now using made; or the transportation we use to seed TUB? Our lives are all about oil. Without it, the lights go out, civilization halts and what chance would we have to evolve then? We are also stopped from communicating. Look around your room as I am now, try hard to think of what is not made from petroleum. Think further to no paved roads, equipment to end diseases or answers to the big questions. Last. think about the fact that the very book we read was printed on machines that require petroleum. Now there is truth.

comment: about as true as vanadium being able to replace iron in the blood...

I do not believe we are as misguided as some think. A lot of wars have been fought for worse reasons. Religion is perhaps the saddest reason of all.

As to the idea that we are deluded by lies of our leaders. I think the drive-by media is more in control of that myth than the truth of it. [b]Americans in general have a 10 min. attention span.

The media can call all the shots and magazines, newspapers, and, yes, even the news on the internet is meant for the gullible. Truth in this country comes from a lot of reading of many sources and then reading between the lines.

comment: probably why they build universities, and alternately military camps for the intellectually challenged...

I will admit that a global war on terror is misnamed.
One can not fight an emotion. Perhaps the war against aggression on 9/11? or how about just Global Assistance in Finding Freedom. GAFF.

comment: what brain-washing seminar did you pick this up from recently--your goons armed the characters initially.

It is stinking Oil and deluded americans that cannot discover their own facts of life...

Skip around the world and land in any given area where Americans are helping others and you would be floored by the number of programs that are making life better for so many countries. It is a hug effort. The bill is also huge. And we are paying most of it. Don't see any $ sent to help America. In fact, for the first time in the history of the USA, one country did send a little aide for Katrina. We are building schools, hospitals, governments, business, trade, and rebuilding infrastructors desroyed by dictators across the globe.

comment: THIS IS ALSO SHEER BUNKUM--would you care to read your own Senate and Congress reviews--the FUNDS dont exist--the work HAS NOT been done--
[your private contractors have fleeced you---if you cant 'divine' that one week of Iraq was paid for by China--then try economic servitude is freely available...when reconstruction for profit does another round of the "tried and true" cost of "justice"...

We can think about a perfect world, we can work towards one, but we do not live in one today.

comment: thats an identical quoting of Christ Michael is it???

Someone has to stand up and do the hard stuff. Talk is cheap. Action is for what we live.
Words are easy to throw around. But do we go out and serve our fellowman? Is serving in the military a noble profession?

comment: IT WAS WARS of aggression that you have not textbook or vaguely satisfied in reply...

I was a teacher of morals and ethics in history for most of those 41 years.. Was that more noble?

reply: selfless might be the exact quote...

UB gives us the answers to living this life now.

We have been directed to live well and "TRY to be as perfect as our Father is perfect".

As my grandson (who will carry on the seeding of TUB, long after I am gone), carries out a mission this day in Iraq, I hope for his safety and that he does his job well.

And last remember this, as it is historically true: men at war will always state "that, in the end. they fight not for the nation, but for each other."

comment: carolyn--this is a very emotional exposition you are presenting
[could i just state that we cannot legislate morality]

Instead--if it is Cosmic wisdom that Creator Sons have universes where a permanent resident Mother Spirit resides--perhaps she has a murderous side whenever the Son is absent...

take care...

#10 RTA

RTA

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:27 AM

There seems to be a high degree of self-righteousness running rampant in this thread. I would remind various participants that those who live in glass houses should avoid hurling stones and employing UB quotes to justify their political stance. The Bible has been denigrated for centuries for the same purpose.

#11 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:44 AM

Dear RTA and all,

This thread that evolved belongs in the personal e-mail catagory and not on the public Forum. It has been taken too far and must end now. :)

Change the thread. The Tropic: The Origin of Urantia, The Andronover Nebula

Carolyn

#12 Guest_robert_*

Guest_robert_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2007 - 10:15 AM

the thread. The Tropic: The Origin of Urantia, The Andronover Nebula

Perhaps as we might best consider--'in the beginning was the Word'--and such was the origin of not only Nebula Wheels,but also all the paraphenalia that such a Word allows a trillion planets to all swing to the Eternal beat.

Historicity of the event is mere figures, though some time is required in the task whereby Power Controllers oversee the
conditions, until Life Carriers are summoned, and finally Administrative centres have something to administer.

With the advent of Mind--the down-stepped Word has the opportunity to relate to other than its own version of affairs.

[apologies to rta but revelators are difficult to out word-smith at times--so a quote is the only possible explanation of "hopeful condition of a Creation's population]:

In and through all the historic vicissitudes of religion [and macrocosmically the universes over time]there
ever persists that which is indispensable to progress and survival:

the ethical conscience and the moral consciousness.

Faith-insight, or spiritual intuition, is the endowment of the cosmic
mind in association with the Thought Adjuster, which is the Father's
gift to man.

Spiritual reason, soul intelligence, is the endowment of the Holy
Spirit, the Creative Spirit's gift to man.

Spiritual philosophy, the wisdom of spirit realities, is the endowment
of the Spirit of Truth, the combined gift of the bestowal Sons to the
children of men.

And the co-ordination and interassociation of these spirit endowments
constitute [in] man a spirit personality in potential destiny.

Because of the large distances involved in such universes the "destabilisation of self" may induce the belief or affirmation that no-one is listening--hence we have the war crowd.

What a distance indeed from intuitive understanding--where one of our first fruit is stated to be enhanced sensory usage:

In the superuniverse of Orvonton there are one hundred octaves of wave energy... Of all these phases of wavelike energy activity, the human eye react[s]to just one octave, the whole light of ordinary sunlight.

No wonder they have to squabble over whose's the better LEADER..ie they attempt to bottle the spirit when they cant create any...

cheers...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users