22 replies to this topic

#21 collins

collins

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

One should never "throw out the baby with the bath water." :)
I love this saying - It sounds like one of our proverbs in Africa, Ghana.
Cordelia, If many "christians" will search and thirst for more insight into the life of Christ, I believe they'll soon discover truths beyond their wildest imagination - The Urantia Book.
Raised as a church-going christian, I studied the bible many times until I said to myself that I needed some real answers. Some of the accounts in the bible ddi not make sense to me any longer. So I purposed in my heart to find the truths, if really there was more. Then, Out of no where, I came across the UB - I was stunned when i started reading and thought to myself - "this is amazing, this has got to be it" :o
I took the UB to heart because of my background with the Bible and Christianity. Certainly I can say that my experience with the Bible has been tremendously helpful and never in vain.
To some extent, I would have struggled with the UB if I had not been a Christian first. :D

#22 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

Hello! :)

True Collins, are stages or levels.
In reality, "Despite all" come with any concerns, if only from mistrust and doubt about What is the truth? Why this confusion? when we read, for this case, the Bible.
But, that led us to start a time search out Where is the truth? although this is relative to our mind, but with an incredible logic, with respect to the Fifth Revelation.
Personally, the first impression was that experience; logic. Then I discovered that the same logic is given by the Truth, Beauty and Goodness embraced within its pages.

I found Jesus! and no longer seemed an unattainable figure, but a Teacher, Higher Brother and Friend who touched me and moves me every time when I remember passages of his life, both Human and Divine.
And with Him, Michael of Nebadon, Our Sovereign! :rolleyes:

Thank you for your testimony and apologize for not having responded sooner.

Greetings,

Alina

Edited by Alina, 22 February 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#23 Raymond

Raymond

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Golf, Cooking.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

Collins, I too was raised Christian, so I enjoyed your post above from a different approach. I became a confirmed agnostic and avoided any further discussions or delvings into theological or philosphical teachings having viewed it is an exercise in futility; but did read and observe others in their beliefs and practices. An aquaintance had asked me to review a book he found his son reading and was concerned as to whether it was a cult he was looking into. Needless to say I couldn't put the book down. Yea, I can now say I am truly born again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users