#1 Raymond

Raymond

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Golf, Cooking.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

I have had a private inquiry with Bonita regarding the spirit of truth; since I had recalled that she had mentioned or that is referred to 'the Spirit of Truth' as a person sometime ago in one of her posts. For all the years I've been reading the UB I always forseen this spirit as an all encompassing force of our Creator Son utilized as an aide in recognizing both truth and beauty as represented by the Father-Son, Creator Son. Bonita has provided me with some quotes that refer to this Spirit as a 'he' or 'him' which I took to be in reference to a masculine spirit-force not a person. Perhaps an entity that is a personal entity? Am I the only one that always thought this way?!

#2 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

I have had a private inquiry with Bonita regarding the spirit of truth; since I had recalled that she had mentioned or that is referred to 'the Spirit of Truth' as a person sometime ago in one of her posts. For all the years I've been reading the UB I always forseen this spirit as an all encompassing force of our Creator Son utilized as an aide in recognizing both truth and beauty as represented by the Father-Son, Creator Son. Bonita has provided me with some quotes that refer to this Spirit as a 'he' or 'him' which I took to be in reference to a masculine spirit-force not a person. Perhaps an entity that is a personal entity? Am I the only one that always thought this way?!

No! I like this one about both genders 'hovering' as one:

...The Spirit of Truth works as one with the presence of the spirit of the Divine Minister. This dual spirit liaison hovers over the worlds, seeking to teach truth and to spiritually enlighten the minds of men, to inspire the souls of the creatures of the ascending races, and to lead the peoples dwelling on the evolutionary planets ever towards their Paradise goal of divine destiny.... P.379 - 4

#3 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

Jesus said that his Spirit of Truth will be just like him in the flesh but without his material body. That's a person without a physical body, an entity not a force. He calls his Spirit of Truth a teacher. A teacher is a person not a force.

p1949:1 180:4.5 Jesus looked down upon them all, smiled, and said: "My little children, I am going away, going back to my Father. In a little while you will not see me as you do here, as flesh and blood. In a very short time I am going to send you my spirit, just like me except for this material body. This new teacher is the Spirit of Truth who will live with each one of you, in your hearts, and so will all the children of light be made one and be drawn toward one another.

#4 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Dear Raymond, Rick, and Bonita,

I agree with Bonita. I recognize the presence of the Father, the Son as defined by Bonita's post, and the Infinite Spirit whenever I tune in before I begin to read each day. I KNOW their presence is here with me along with others...

Today I was reading TUB for the 10th time in my usual way of reading from beginning to end (first time took 3 years) when I discovered in Paper 155, Sec 6. a sentence paraphrasing Jesus speaking to his apostles which I want to share with you.

Quote: p1732 pg.4 “The spirit which my Father and I shall send into the world is not only the Spirit of Truth but also the spirit of idealistic beauty.

I had not discovered these two pearls before. I was still at Jesus sending himself as himself but without a body to indwell each mortal and all mortals at the same time (upon request?) The Spirit of Truth is the "bridge" to our Thought Adjuster. Hmmmm Bonita taught me that and most likely had no idea I was reading here.

But so did the Father send...the Spirit of Truth AND the spirit of idealistic beauty. I wonder if any of you can tell me more about "idealistic beauty?"

I also researched the last post by Bonita and enjoyed what came before and after. Thank you Bonita for your mind and knowledge. Raymond, thank you for your question and Rick for aways giving an answer with love that allows all of us to progress in understanding.

Kindred Spirit, :wub:

Carolyn

"Knowledge is possessed only by sharing; it is safeguarded by wisdom and socialized by love."

#5 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

Does this quote help?

p75:4 6:2.7 In the love of truth and in the creation of beauty the Father and the Son are equal except that the Son appears to devote himself more to the realization of the exclusively spiritual beauty of universal values.

The way I understand it is this: Divine beauty is defined as the unification of contrasts and TUB gives the following quote as an example of supreme beauty:

56:10.3 Man finding God and God finding man—the creature becoming perfect as is the Creator—that is the supernal achievement of the supremely beautiful, the attainment of the apex of cosmic art.

In my experience, the Spirit of Truth is at the crux of God finding man and man finding God. The Good Shepherd never sleeps until he gathers all of his sheep. We are told that the Spirit of Truth draws all truth seekers to him. This drawing power is the a spiritual force or gravity, but the spiritual force is centered in a person, our Sovereign Michael.

34:4.5 This bestowed Comforter is the spiritual force which ever draws all truth seekers towards Him who is the personification of truth in the local universe.

108:4.1 Apart from possible co-ordination with other Deity fragments, the Adjusters are quite alone in their sphere of activity in the mortal mind. The Mystery Monitors eloquently bespeak the fact that, though the Father may have apparently resigned the exercise of all direct personal power and authority throughout the grand universe, notwithstanding this act of abnegation in behalf of the Supreme Creator children of the Paradise Deities, the Father has certainly reserved to himself the unchallengeable right to be present in the minds and souls of his evolving creatures to the end that he may so act as to draw all creature creation to himself, co-ordinately with the spiritual gravity of the Paradise Sons. Said your Paradise bestowal Son when yet on Urantia, “I, if I am lifted up will draw all men.” This spiritual drawing power of the Paradise Sons and their creative associates we recognize and understand, but we do not so fully comprehend the methods of the all-wise Father’s functioning in and through these Mystery Monitors that live and work so valiantly within the human mind.

Edited by Bonita, 18 April 2013 - 06:12 PM.

#6 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

Dear Bonita, :wub:

Many thanks for your most informative post. Good reading! I have noted the location in TUB of your quotes so that I might review all myself.

Kindred Spirit,

Carolyn
"Knowledge is possessed only by sharing; it is safeguarded by wisdom and socialized by love."

#7 Raymond

Raymond

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

This is fascinating for me to envision the spirit of one individual hovering/encompassing an entire world(s), unfragmented, that can communicate on an individual basis with me.

#8 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

This is fascinating for me to envision the spirit of one individual hovering/encompassing an entire world(s), unfragmented, that can communicate on an individual basis with me.

Well, in reality it's made possible by more than one individual. The capability of the Spirit of Truth to connect with every mind in the local universe is accomplished by the presence of the Universe Mother Spirit, the Creative Spirit, the one in charge of mind.

34:4.7 The Universe Mother Spirit acts as the universe focus and center of the Spirit of Truth as well as of her own personal influence, the Holy Spirit.

But personality-to-personality fellowship between yourself and Michael is what you will experience when you fully engage the Spirit of Truth in your soul. It's between two personalities, but it takes place within the soul, which is why soul-consciousness is so critical. Also, we are told that the Spirit of Truth's ability to function within you is limited by your reception of the substance of his mission on earth, his gospel. In other words, you have to wholeheartedly believe it when he says that he can enter the human mind to elevate, transform and transfigure it. You have to be honest and sincere in your desire and answer the knock at the door of your soul.

p2061:02 The proof, therefore, of your fellowship with the Spirit of Truth is not to be found in your consciousness of this spirit but rather in your experience of enhanced fellowship with Michael.

34:5.5 Though the Spirit of Truth is poured out upon all flesh, this spirit of the Son is almost wholly limited in function and power by man's personal reception of that which constitutes the sum and substance of the mission of the bestowal Son.

166:3.7 Nevertheless, to all who are honest of heart and sincere in faith, it remains eternally true: "Behold, I stand at the doors of men's hearts and knock, and if any man will open to me, I will come in and sup with him and will feed him with the bread of life; we shall be one in spirit and purpose, and so shall we ever be brethren in the long and fruitful service of the search for the Paradise Father."

Note that Jesus says "I". He does not say a spirit force will knock at the door of your heart. He says that he, himself, will. This is an absolutely crucial idea to embrace if you want to experience fellowship with Michael. Think of the Spirit of Truth as a person you love and trust. We all love and trust Jesus, or at least, we should.

#9 Raymond

Raymond

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

This forum has been so great for me! You are all great contributors. You insights have kept me humble and even more open to absorption. Keep up your great works! Ray

#10 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

This forum has been so great for me! You are all great contributors. You insights have kept me humble and even more open to absorption. Keep up your great works! Ray

Dear Raymond!
For me too this forum will always be unique, and will be in my memory, it's true brother, together, we learned a lot here!

Much Love...

Alina :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users