• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

Hello,

During this life we are constantly being tested (OK, there are some quiet periods). TUB taught us that this testing repeats until we finally learn the lesson we are being taught. Yesterday I came to conclusion that when we realize the moment that we are being in the middle of the test, that we are just few steps from finishing the test.
During last year I learned to recognize the test very soon as it starts. There are few clues to do that. Sudden feeling of being alone, separated from source and center. Uncommon situations in daily life and some more clues which I believe are different from person to person.
But there is big step between realizing that you are being tested and finding what is the purpose of the test.

And what a great feeling it is when you finish the test positively :)
and of course not so great when you fail ;(

But failing is also a way of learning, so next time you can do better. :)

How do you handle your tests?
Do you pay attention to them or you just "walking" the life?

P.S. And did I mentioned that during the tests Jesus is always with me, by my side :)
Peace be upon you

#2 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

Hello Pike! :)

Perhaps you serve this quote, which was of extreme test for the followers of Jesus.

(1708.2) 153:1.3 The Master well knew that many of his followers were slowly but surely preparing their minds finally to reject him. He likewise knew that many of his disciples were slowly but certainly passing through that training of mind and that discipline of soul which would enable them to triumph over doubt and courageously to assert their full-fledged faith in the gospel of the kingdom. Jesus fully understood how men prepare themselves for the decisions of a crisis and the performance of sudden deeds of courageous choosing by the slow process of the reiterated choosing between the recurring situations of good and evil. He subjected his chosen messengers to repeated rehearsals in disappointment and provided them with frequent and testing opportunities for choosing between the right and the wrong way of meeting spiritual trials. He knew he could depend on his followers, when they met the final test, to make their vital decisions in accordance with prior and habitual mental attitudes and spirit reactions.

Peace and love...

Alina

#3 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

...How do you handle your tests?
Do you pay attention to them or you just "walking" the life?

I try to handle them one at a time, but sometimes several attack at once. Then the test gets interesting, doesn't it? :D

#4 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

I try to handle them one at a time, but sometimes several attack at once. Then the test gets interesting, doesn't it? :D

Yes it sure does. :)
Before TUB during tests I would become angry with God for allowing such things to happen to me, but I always knew that everything will end OK.
Now, I try to get the most out of the test. When it finishes, I meditate on the test and try to remember as much as I can out of it, so I can move to knew topic. :)
Peace be upon you

#5 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

Brother Pike and Friends - to discern there is a problem is half the solution as they say!! Many primitives still think life is a series of good and bad luck events or personal blessings or curses....what a pity. The problems in life - the viccisitudes - ARE the purpose of life. To "learn" to discover opportunity, to see the response result and then to adapt or correct or at least change our response for a different outcome is why time, choice, and reason are given to us. Problem solving brings mind into focus. Once able to discern, we are challenged to find the superior from the inferior....and then to know the difference between patience and procrastination - timing is everything for effect....ask any comic, field commander, parent....or revelator!!

I am reminded of an old Chinese proverb that someone else first posted here or truthbook:

A farmer and his son had a beloved stallion who helped the family earn a living. One day, the horse ran away and their neighbors exclaimed, “Your horse ran away, what terrible luck!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”

A few days later, the horse returned home, leading a few wild mares back to the farm as well. The neighbors shouted out, “Your horse has returned, and brought several horses home with him. What great luck!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”

Later that week, the farmer’s son was trying to break one of the mares and she threw him to the ground, breaking his leg. The villagers cried, “Your son broke his leg, what terrible luck!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”

A few weeks later, soldiers from the national army marched through town, recruiting all the able-bodied boys for the army. They did not take the farmer’s son, still recovering from his injury. Friends shouted, “Your boy is spared, what tremendous luck!” To which the farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”

Edited by Bradly aka/fanofVan, 16 April 2013 - 06:41 AM.

Peace be upon you."

#6 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

I learned long ago that whenever I'm faced with a problem, the very first thing I do is thank God for it. That puts my mind in the right place to find the answer. It's simple really.

I know that TUB tells us that we are being tested:

14:5.1 On Urantia you pass through a short and intense test during your initial life of material existence.

But the only thing being tested is our loyalty. If your purpose is always to do God's will, then you no longer think of problems as tests but as new opportunities to get soul work done. It's actually pretty exhilarating. Don't forget my most favorite quote in the whole book:

26:5.3 That, then, is the primary or elementary course which confronts the faith-tested and much-traveled pilgrims of space. But long before reaching Havona, these ascendant children of time have learned to feast upon uncertainty, to fatten upon disappointment, to enthuse over apparent defeat, to invigorate in the presence of difficulties, to exhibit indomitable courage in the face of immensity, and to exercise unconquerable faith when confronted with the challenge of the inexplicable. Long since, the battle cry of these pilgrims became: "In liaison with God, nothing - absolutely nothing - is impossible."

There really are no tests on this world once you've established where your loyalties lie, there are only opportunities. And each of us handles them a little differently which is why the Supreme benefits every time we feast on uncertainty, fatten on disappointment and enthuse over defeat.

#7 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

right to the center Bonita.
Thank you for forming to word my thoughts
Peace be upon you

#8 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

You're very welcome Pike.