#1 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Soccer, Movies, Games,

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

LOL I spelled Iceland wrong in the title of this thread, anyways here is an Icelandic Fairy Tale about how Elves came into being. There are a lot of similarities with this story and the actual story of secondary midwayers These "hidden people" are one of the more popular superstitious beliefs in Iceland.

"Once upon a time, God Almighty came to visit Adam and Eve. They received him with joy, and showed him everything they had in the house. They also brought their children to him which he found promising and full of hope. Then He asked Eve whether she had no other children than these whom she had showed him. She said "None." But it so happened that she had not finished washing them all, and being ashamed to let God see them dirty, she had hidden the unwashed ones. Of course God knew, and there for said angrily to her, "What man hides from God, God will hide from man."

These unwashed children became invisible, and later found a home in mounds, hills, and rocks. From these are the elves descended, but we men from those of Eve's children whom she had openly and frankly shown to God. And it is only by the will and desire of the elves themselves if humans can ever see them.

The hidden people can be either friendly or hostile towards humans."

Edited by Rick Warren, 06 April 2013 - 06:54 PM.

If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#2 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:06 AM

Great story!

I never heard it before and it talk really looks like midwayers are described in it.
Now I wonder if there are similar stories in other cultures?
In last past few weeks I'm watching ancient aliens series on history channel. When you put this in TUB context it looks very interesting
Peace be upon you

#3 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

Just few days ago I was telling my friend a story about little green man of Ireland, and he was astonished :)
Peace be upon you

#4 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

Just few days ago I was telling my friend a story about little green man of Ireland, and he was astonished :)

Yea its such a neat story, if we just substitute Adam for Adamson and Eve for Ratta it looks even better :). They had it so close though. Interesting how stories can get passed down thousands of years while still having a large thread of truth.

Edited by -Scott-, 06 April 2013 - 02:12 PM.

If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#5 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

The moment I read of the midwayers and the rebel midwayers, my mind flashed AH HA!! I'm Gaelic and my wife is Norse (if you go back far enough in multiple family lines) and our traditions abound with the faere folk. The king of the elves in norse fables is Van. And these midway creatures are just that in folklore. These are ancient traditions or fables to be sure. But it was only 2000 years ago the mischief making rebels no longer walked among us. To be sprited is to become lost by following such a mischief maker into the wood.
Peace be upon you."

#6 brooklyn_born

brooklyn_born

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Interests:Urantia, Bible, mysticism, metaphysics, computers.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Awesome find, Scott! I noticed that you have been cross-referencing excerpts from Ubook and other writings. Is this your research or Chris has revealed these findings on his show (I have not tuned in, in a while)? Making the connection between Elves and Midwayers adds much more texture to the latter's narrative.

It is good to see everyone. After the third week of May, I will have a few months of time to spare. Looking forward to building with the community again :D

BB

#7 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

Edited by -Scott-, 07 April 2013 - 11:01 PM.

#8 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

Hey BB yea this connection was made by Chris so was the Sumerian one I posted. Have you had a chance to listen to any of the symmetry of soul broadcasts?

#9 brooklyn_born

brooklyn_born

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Interests:Urantia, Bible, mysticism, metaphysics, computers.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

Hey BB yea this connection was made by Chris so was the Sumerian one I posted. Have you had a chance to listen to any of the symmetry of soul broadcasts?

Unfortunately, I have not had any significant time to listen to the broadcasts. However, in a few more weeks I will have the summer months to play with :-) I am looking forward to catching up on his lessons!

BB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users