#1 Rossco

Rossco

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:48 AM

How's it going?

I started reading the Urantia book nearly 6 years ago at the tender age of 16. I began at the beginning, and let me start off by saying: There was A LOT that I did not understand. I got through the first section and put it down, and found my pursuit to the religions of the world carrying me in to differant places...

I went to Theosophy, Gnosticism, the Philosophers, Buddhism, Daoism, Traditional Satanism, Egyptian Ceremonial Magick (which led me to Ordo Templi Orientis), to Atheism.

But as of March 30th, a man came in to my work place, and we began to discuss the nature of the world's greivances-the heavy weight this world bares (a subject which has always interested me deeply). And he began to speak of people "waking up", and encouraged me to speak to Jesus.

Mind you, at this time I did not believe in the factual interpretation of The Master (believing it a form of mythology no different than the Mithraic cults. Yet I asked honestly in my heart, and I Received.

He touched my heart that same night and I was healed. All of the pain and sufferring that was held there in my heart for years, released itself in the form of my tears-my face had never seen such sadness escape me.

I am 21 years old now, and i'm back to the Urantia book; but i'm begining in section IV with accompaniment to the bible teachings I am reading about Jesus in the form of his parables.

I must say that I have felt completely changed since this night I received the Lord, feeling as if I was blind, but was given eyes for the first time. It's the only way I could describe the experience.

I have always thought there was a connection between intelligences beyond our world and the Life of Christ, as every time I came to the bible to read the words of Jesus I have been confronted with these: Intelligences. (Are They the Thought-Adjusters?)

I have always felt as if the knowledge of man wasn't sufficient, as is evident to the so-called "progress" of the natural world.

That a knowledge beyond man must exist, and so I have gone a-searching for the knowledge in the form of all the world's religions in my attempt to bring something back to mankind, so they could do what they were meant to do on this earth: Love thy neighbour.

but I neglected to realize, that the knowledge I sought for years was not to be found in books (and what an extensive collection i've acquired in my search), but it was to be found in the Heart of every man.

I was atheist as of March 31st, and I reached out to God, asking-in desperation, no less-to find out after my labourous searching just HOW and in which WAY are we to live our lives? I saw the Lord, who healed me, and I was directed to read the book of John.

Basically, my answer was: Live in the Way that Jesus lived. And so, I have been aspiring to do so ever since. And i've began by reading Section IV. of the UB, finding the missing gaps very encouraging to my understanding of The Master's teachings.

I saw the videos on YouTube.com about the people who composed the group, and I have been interested since in attending a study group-if not to study with them-to ask questions regarding the nature of WHEN Thought Adjusters come to us; at what ages? and how will we know?

I know the Bible's account of the Lucifer-Rebellion, dimly, as much could not be gleaned from that book: but I would like to know what occurred, according to fellow UB readers as evident in the Urantia Book.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story, I look forward to reading your's.

Sincerely,
Rossco

#2 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:25 AM

Beautiful story Rossco,

Welcome to UAI Forum. I found the UB over 20 years ago and study it daily still.

Finding and recognizing the revelation at a young age could be a real boon. But if you have doubts, I would recommend finishing Part 4 and if that doesn't remove all doubt the Jesus of the Bible is the same Jesus in Part 4, then I will be surprised. The rest of the book bears the celestial mark too, but Part 4 is THE story of the ages. I hope someday all Christendom will allow this new light into the church that carried the Master's name and story this far.

The UB Part 4 fills in so many of the blank spaces in the Master's life, and glorifies it in a way that couldn't have been 20 century ago. And all the way thru, it reads like the greatest story ever told.

Good studying. I know a couple of readers in Portland who have or attend SGs when/if you are ready to join others who find this jaw-dropping revelation resonating with the truth detector inside.

Fraternal regards, Rick

#3 Rossco

Rossco

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:41 PM

This group?

I'd like to ask my questions to them, if not here on the site.

#4 Guest_U-rantian_*

Guest_U-rantian_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:58 PM

Hello Rossco :P

Welcome
The quotations of the Urantia Book will be presented in blue and in red the page and number, so that you can double check in your book :P, sometimes I do make mistakes and I may have copied it wrong, so be careful and always double check in your own book. :P
Regarding to your questions:
1.-

...-to ask questions regarding the nature of WHEN Thought Adjusters come to us; at what ages? and how will we know?

In the Paper 108, there is a section(2) which is titled. It says:
2. PREREQUISITES OF ADJUSTER INDWELLING - P.1186
P.1186 - ?8, (Page number=1186- paragraph=8) Though the Adjusters volunteer for service as soon as the personality forecasts have been relayed to Divinington, they are not actually assigned until the human subjects make their first moral personality decision... Adjusters reach their human subjects on Urantia(earth), on the average, just prior to the sixth birthday. In the present generation it is running five years, ten months, and four days; that is, on the 2,134th day of terrestrial life.
1.1 until the human subjects make their first moral personality decision The thought Adjusters come when you take your first moral decision, that is, when you can differentiate right and wrong.
1.2 just prior to the sixth birthday In, our planet, Urantia=Earth, the revelators give an exact figure, in days of when the Thought Adjusters come, but they do say that is the present generation, that is at the time when the revelation was being delivered approx. 70-60 years ago. That implies that it changes, the arrival of the spirit=Thought Adjuster may vary from generation to generation, here you may assume that it is possible that the arrival of him is tending to an earlier and earlier age.
1.- How to know? It is a bit difficult to answer since they say P.1230 - ?2 ....the Adjuster takes leave of the vanishing mind, just as unceremoniously as entry was made years before...
That is, the Mystery Monitor=Thought Adjuster comes without any kind of especial effects :P, but however sometimes some people may remember vividly certain moment when they did make the first moral decision.

2.-

I know the Bible's account of the Lucifer-Rebellion, dimly, as much could not be gleaned from that book: but I would like to know what occurred, according to fellow UB readers as evident in the Urantia Book.

Regarding to the Rebellion the Urantia Papers (UP) tell us that
2.1 This happened P.701 - ?7 200,000 years ago, during the advance of the last glacier, there occurred an episode which had much to do with the march of events on Urantia--the Lucifer rebellion.

2.2 When Jesus was here, 2000 years ago, he personally confronted them. P.1493 - ?5 Near the end of the mountain sojourn Jesus asked his Father if he might be permitted to hold conference with his Satania enemies as the Son of Man, as Joshua ben Joseph.
It is useful to know that Lucifer, Satan and the Devil(Caligastia) are three diferente persons. They are not the same personality.
2.3 He, Jesus defeated them. P.1660 - ?1 .. I have already vanquished these sinful rebels.
2.4 All the rebels except the Devil (Caligastia) have been imprisoned.
a.- Lucifer is imprisoned.P.510 - ?9 ... the Satania prison worlds surrounding this planet, whereon are now confined Lucifer and the majority of those personalities who followed him in rebellion ...
b.- Satan has also been imprisoned P.616 - ?7 ..and soon thereafter there issued the mandate of the Ancients of Days directing that Satan be henceforth confined to the prison world with Lucifer. This ends the ability of Satan to pay further visits to any of the fallen worlds of Satania.
c.- Caligastia, the Devil is still free here in this planet. P.610 - ?2 The last act of Michael before leaving Urantia was to offer mercy to Caligastia and Daligastia, but they spurned his tender proffer. Caligastia, your apostate Planetary Prince, is still free on Urantia to prosecute his nefarious designs, but he has absolutely no power to enter the minds of men, neither can he draw near to their souls to tempt or corrupt them unless they really desire to be cursed with his wicked presence.
d.- Matters are still pending. P.618 - ?2 ..where the litigation is pending, could be indicated by saying that the crime of Lucifer was being brought to trial within two and a half seconds of its commission.

Hope it helps.
U-rantian

#5 Rossco

Rossco

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:56 PM

Wow...*speachless*

Thank you for such a considerate reply to my queries. I'm still making my way through the book at quite a snail's pace.

Ya' know, when I picked up the book and started reading I understood in that moment that it was going to answer questions for me that no other man or book could possibly; before or since...and an incredible sense of WOW fell upon me.

...just like now.

Thank you, sincerely.

-Rossco-

#6 ub2097

ub2097

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:32 AM

This group?

I'd like to ask my questions to them, if not here on the site.

Yes. They meet Sundays at noon in SE Portland.
Send me a PM with your phone # and a good time to call you.
Will hook you up with them if you like. As far as I know not one from the group in the video is subscribed to this forum.

ub2097

#7 Rossco

Rossco

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:54 AM

Yes. They meet Sundays at noon in SE Portland.
Send me a PM with your phone # and a good time to call you.
Will hook you up with them if you like. As far as I know not one from the group in the video is subscribed to this forum.

ub2097

ah...I work sundays.

guess i'll confine my questions to the forum for now. You've been doing a fine job of helping me understand so far.

#8 Guest_U-rantian_*

Guest_U-rantian_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:27 AM

Thank you for such a considerate reply to my queries. I'm still making my way through the book at quite a snail's pace.

Hello Rossco :P

Every reader has their own speed and here everyone will adjust to the speed required, there is no hurry, the main purpose is to study together and understand it slowly but steady. So, even if you have the most minute question share here with us, you know two brains think better than one :P I saw your post about the Lucifer Rebellion. I will answer in due time.

Read you soon
U-rantian

#9 Guest_rich_*

Guest_rich_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:36 PM

the fourth part is great, our group is in orlando, fl on monday nights at 7pm.

Basically, my answer was: Live in the Way that Jesus lived. And so, I have been aspiring to do so ever since. And i've began by reading Section IV. of the UB, finding the missing gaps very encouraging to my understanding of The Master's teachings.

I saw the videos on YouTube.com about the people who composed the group, and I have been interested since in attending a study group-if not to study with them-to ask questions regarding the nature of WHEN Thought Adjusters come to us; at what ages? and how will we know?

Thank you for taking the time to read my story, I look forward to reading your's.

Sincerely,
Rossco

#10 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:destiny interception, kindred spirits, Sailing my ketch, cooking, reading ( a book a day, if possible), helping fellow sojurners on the path of righteousness.I am most interested in building strong relationships with fellow kingdom builders knowing that we will be serving together, off and on, through time and into eternity.

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:36 PM

I will be in Orlando on Monday the 27th of June, 2011. I would like to attend your study group.

Bill Martin
Slowly but surely the Power of Love is overcoming the Love of Power

#11 Guest_rich_*

Guest_rich_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:23 PM

wow, that would be incredible! from guatamala? not that it matters why you would be in town. it's held at polly's condo around orange and michigan streets. here's some e-mails: Betty Lou - Urantia Florida urantia.florida@live.com; Katie Reynolds reynolds.606@gmail.com; Polly Huddleston pollydale7@juno.com; Paul Woodling paultom84@netzero.com; Steven Farr sfarrout@yahoo.com

the address is 1030 e michigan st, ste b, top floor. her phone # is 407-843-3715. i'll be around too if you want to get together earlier that day.

I will be in Orlando on Monday the 27th of June, 2011. I would like to attend your study group.

Bill Martin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users