• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 menno

menno

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Lifetime pursuit: Searching for truth. Found the Urantia Book to be an excellent source. I feel fortunate to have an original 1955 copy of "Big Blue" given to me by a friend in the book selling Business. Hobbies: traveling through the mountains in my Yukon XL

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

This might be one of the last Topic entered onto the old UB Forum; but here it is anyways.

Last week while commenting on Rick's OPAD Topic; I remarked about seeing the pattern concerning forty days, forty years, etc..
and then it evolved over to where that would have come from.

Well, I believe that the answer is given within the UB at the very beginning in the FOREWORD
if you look at page 10 at the last paragraph of section VI "Energy and Pattern" the first sentence says it all.

"Pattern is a master design from which copies are made. Eternal Paradise is the absolute of patterns;......."

That should settle the matter once and for all.

Good Bye Old Forum

Menno

#2 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Then what about this:

36:2.11 The number ten — the decimal system — is inherent in the physical universe but not in the spiritual. The domain of life is characterized by three, seven, and twelve or by multiples and combinations of these basic numbers.

#3 menno

menno

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Lifetime pursuit: Searching for truth. Found the Urantia Book to be an excellent source. I feel fortunate to have an original 1955 copy of "Big Blue" given to me by a friend in the book selling Business. Hobbies: traveling through the mountains in my Yukon XL

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

The mystery continues:

so, according to 36:2.11 the number ten -- the decimal system -- is inherent in the physical universe, which would mean that the number forty (which is part of the decimal system) would be confined to the physical universe.

And just how does this fit in with the statement in the Foreward

"Pattern is a master design from which copies are made. Eternal Paradise is the absolute of patterns"

#4 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

The mystery continues:

so, according to 36:2.11 the number ten -- the decimal system -- is inherent in the physical universe, which would mean that the number forty (which is part of the decimal system) would be confined to the physical universe.

And just how does this fit in with the statement in the Foreward

"Pattern is a master design from which copies are made. Eternal Paradise is the absolute of patterns"

Check out the rest of the quotes from that section:

0:6.10 Pattern can be projected as material, spiritual, or mindal, or any combination of these energies. It can pervade personalities, identities, entities, or nonliving matter. But pattern is pattern and remains pattern; only copies are multiplied.

0:6.11 Pattern may configure energy, but it does not control it. Gravity is the sole control of energy-matter. Neither space nor pattern are gravity responsive, but there is no relationship between space and pattern; space is neither pattern nor potential pattern. Pattern is a configuration of reality which has already paid all gravity debt; the reality of any pattern consists of its energies, its mind, spirit, or material components.

0:6.12 In contrast to the aspect of the total, pattern discloses the individual aspect of energy and of personality. Personality or identity forms are patterns resultant from energy (physical, spiritual, or mindal) but are not inherent therein. That quality of energy or of personality by virtue of which pattern is caused to appear may be attributed to God — Deity — to Paradise force endowment, to the coexistence of personality and power.

0:6.13 Pattern is a master design from which copies are made.

And also these too:

11:9.5 Personality and mind-spirit relationships are transmissible, but pattern is not. Patterns are never reflections; they are duplications - reproductions.

36:6.6 Pattern is also nonresponsive to gravity, being a configuration of energies that have already fulfilled all gravity-responsive obligations.

104:4.15 Love may characterize the divinity of the first triunity, but pattern is the galactic manifestation of the second triunity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users