#1 Martin Culligan

Martin Culligan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

Please watch in HD

Edited by Martin Culligan, 19 March 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#2 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

I watched this today. Your work is evocative and deeply felt.

Thank you so much,
Meredith

#3 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

Hi,

Judas played one of the hardest roles in Jesuses drama
IMHO, it was designed that he fails and Jesus knew it, but he hoped that Judas will make the right decision and that plans will have to be modified.

Even today Judas betrayal queens us what is the price of betrayal.
Peace be upon you

#4 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

I'm not so convinced that it was designed that he (Judas) fail. We've discussed this subject in study group. Is is possible to find evidence in the UB that it was designed that he fail? It's that "design" part that I question. I'm of the opinion that the act of betrayal did not have to happen. It was not part of the design. My evidence is purely subjective. Martin's YouTube, as well as the Easter season remembrances celebrated around the world regarding the death and crucifixion of Jesus really horrify me. I don't mean Martin's YouTube horrified me, No, not at all. But the images in my mind of it, of what I imagine knowing what I know of it, are horrifying. Martin's YouTube evoked the tragedy of his death and crucifixion to me. I don't understand why people always say, "Happy Easter." The way Jesus was treated, the betrayal, and all of the details of which we know do not evoke happiness to me. I deeply feel something I cannot utter, but it's not happy Easter, though to conform to the traditions of my culture I do say to people "Happy Easter." After saying that, I then ask the person, "What's so happy about Easter? He was crucified!"

All the best,
Meredith

#5 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

Another fine one Martin,

Was curious if you debated about using this?

...the knot which his nervous hands had tied gave way, and the betrayer's body was dashed to pieces as it fell on the jagged rocks below....

#6 Martin Culligan

Martin Culligan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

I thought about that Rick, but it was technical information I could not insert into the video. I could change it around to accommodate, but I would sacrifice what would be going on in his heart, mind and soul.

As for Judas, I do believe he got a second chance, whether he availed of such things I do not know, maybe he is a 'sleeping survivor'. But Pike, Judas was not destined to betray Jesus, I assume you are not familiar with the Urantia book to reach such a conclusion.

Here are a few examples from The Urantia Book.

193:4.4 "Judas met defeat in his battles of the earth struggle because of the following factors of personal tendencies and character weakness:

1. He was an isolated type of human being. He was highly individualistic and chose to grow into a confirmed "shut-in" and unsociable sort of person.

2. As a child, life had been made too easy for him. He bitterly resented thwarting. He always expected to win; he was a very poor loser.

3. He never acquired a philosophic technique for meeting disappointment. Instead of accepting disappointments as a regular and commonplace feature of human existence, he unfailingly resorted to the practice of blaming someone in particular, or his associates as a group, for all his personal difficulties and disappointments.

4. He was given to holding grudges; he was always entertaining the idea of revenge.

5. He did not like to face facts frankly; he was dishonest in his attitude toward life situations.

6. He disliked to discuss his personal problems with his immediate associates; he refused to talk over his difficulties with his real friends and those who truly loved him. In all the years of their association he never once went to the Master with a purely personal problem.

7. He never learned that the real rewards for noble living are, after all, spiritual prizes, which are not always distributed during this one short life in the flesh

As a result of his persistent isolation of personality, his griefs multiplied, his sorrows increased, his anxieties augmented, and his despair deepened almost beyond endurance."

As you can see here, Judas' actions where all the product of his own mind, there was no celestial strings working him as a mindless puppet, or angels tempting him to harbor evil thoughts and actions. God gave man free will. And no loving Father would lead his children into sin. Remember the Millstone?

Edited by Martin Culligan, 20 March 2013 - 10:54 AM.

#7 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

I thought about that Rick, but it was technical information I could not insert into the video. I could change it around to accommodate, but I would sacrifice what would be going on in his heart, mind and soul.

Hope I'm not being overly critical, Martin. And maybe the meaning of "ere" is different than normal. Before is the definition I know. Are you reading the word ere as meaning soon? Could be, not sure about this. But IF the Midwayers meant before, then "Ere was he dead", is a dangling phrase waiting for an end, no? Or maybe you meant for the viewer to read it "Ere he was dead....he forsook his fellows..."?

Bet you're right about Judus surviving. We'll see! And right about Judas not being destined/necessary to betray.

#8 Martin Culligan

Martin Culligan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

The is true, Ere does mean that, a poetic word for before. "Ere he was dead....he forsook his fellows..." is right, I had to take bullet points from The Urantia Book to make it work. So I mixed these two and left out " his nervous hands".

But no harm in being frank ;)

#9 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

Hi Martin,

I don't know how to put it together to express what I ment. Have you ever herd for grand design theory?
It says that everything is planned.
I believe that everyone of us has it purpose on this planet. Some are here just as actors in certain lections.
Today in USA died one young little Croatian child. She died of leukemia and was in USA to catch final straw for survival.
What was her goal here?
The treatment price was 1 mil$
This is a lot of money in USA and even more in Croatia.
Now I'm coming to conclusion, this child made Croatians to become more altruistic. In 10 days we managed to aquier whole necessary amount of money. She didn't make it but altruism stayed answers can't be forgotten.

So when I mean' design' I mean on that we are here with or potentials.
Jesus knew that Judas will probably betray him but till the last moment hoped he will overdose his potentials and become more than his potentials was allowing him to become.
Without him history would go differently, don't h you think (
Peace be upon you

#10 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

It is true that we are all subjects of predestination. But I don't think Judas fulfilled his predestined potential.

p1204:5 110:2.1 When Thought Adjusters indwell human minds, they bring with them the model careers, the ideal lives, as determined and foreordained by themselves and the Personalized Adjusters of Divinington, which have been certified by the Personalized Adjuster of Urantia. Thus they begin work with a definite and predetermined plan for the intellectual and spiritual development of their human subjects, but it is not incumbent upon any human being to accept this plan. You are all subjects of predestination, but it is not foreordained that you must accept this divine predestination; you are at full liberty to reject any part or all of the Thought Adjusters' program. It is their mission to effect such mind changes and to make such spiritual adjustments as you may willingly and intelligently authorize, to the end that they may gain more influence over the personality directionization; but under no circumstances do these divine Monitors ever take advantage of you or in any way arbitrarily influence you in your choices and decisions. The Adjusters respect your sovereignty of personality; they are always subservient to your will.

#11 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

hi,

Once again Bonita knew what I head in mind.
Thank you sister.

predestined was the word I was searching for ;)
Peace be upon you

#12 Tony Thomas

Tony Thomas

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

Where is Judas now? Possibly a sleeping survivor? If so, how infamous he will be. To awake on the shores of the mansion worlds and have your TA slowly reveal to you your past role in urantian history. Wow, what a spectacle!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users