• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

Hi all,

I logged in the new site and frankly I'm not so excited as Rick and Meredtih.

One Croatian poet wrote 100 years ago
"In the world of changes, only change constant is."

I know that change always brings us good things (directly or indirectly)
but as my sisters and brothers noted here before me, service to brothers and sisters shouldn't have price tag.
For me it is choice to by food for my children or to pay the fee for the forum. The choice is very clear to me.
I'll miss thoughts of people which grow to my soul in last two years, but we will gather again in some better place which wan't bind us with money which become such a big issue in our lives.

Meredith,

Human government in the conduct of material affairs continues to function throughout this age of relative progress and perfection. The public activities of a world in the first stage of light and life which I recently visited were financed by the tithing technique. Every adult worker--and all able-bodied citizens worked at something--paid ten per cent of his income or increase to the public treasury, and it was disbursed as follows:

1. Three per cent was expended in the promotion of truth--science, education, and philosophy.
2. Three per cent was devoted to beauty--play, social leisure, and art.
3. Three per cent was dedicated to goodness--social service, altruism, and religion.
4. One per cent was assigned to the insurance reserves against the risk of incapacity for labor resultant from accident, disease, old age, or unpreventable disasters.
P.625 - §1

This is ideal which will one day rule on this world two, but I think we wan't be here to enjoy it :(

For example in Croatia through different government wages people 45% of their income.
And again it is problem to get educated and receive health care if you don't have money.
The one who have more gets better education and health care.

So, for all on this forum who thinks that my thoughts made them smile and even had some value send me personal message and we can exchange e-mail.
Alina, my soul sister. we will keep in touch (by the way it is snowing again) :)
Menno, thank you on the book. At the moment it is at one special person which I managed to interest in the Kingdom of Heaven.
J.R. - you were my great inspiration.
Bonita - thank you on your swift and fast mind (and tongue). You always made me (re)think my conclusions and ideas.
Rick - your OPAD was one place to adjust my thoughts about red parts of the books. In Croatia I'm still alone in this Urantia adventure so This forum was only place where I communicated with other readers.

I wish you all happy journey.
I will keep my sight to new page but I will decide will I actively participate or not.

Until Father join us together again.
Hrvoje Pajk aka Pike
Peace be upon you

#82 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

Lot of hats flying into this ring....might as well toss mine. I will not criticize or dispute any other's perspective....and think group wisdom is greater than mine (at least). Pike - I know you registered at the new site. This costs nothing and we need you and your wisdom and poetry over there....please come. I plan to donate a little for I believe in the work - even if I don't agree full spectrum on every choice and design...it is an evolutionary work in progress. The work is greater than ever with more and more newer and newer readers....and we are teachers as well as students with a positive group dynamic....which will change no doubt but the change will be better by the solid core working here. I don't plan to use the networking and links any....or not until I have compelling reasons to.....I'm too busy for all the fooferaw of social media. But the discussion site is the core for now. We should offer a waiver of the $20 upon any request knowing it will only be so requested by those who need it as cost should not preclude participation. And UAI members should be able to offer a seperate donation entitling them/us to participate on multiple levels perhaps.....membership benefits.

It would be adviseable for the UAI to post costs, budgets, and money raised by Forum fees for transparency issues.....apparently. I know that UAI is underfunded for the many great works they tackle and support salaries, and they are understaffed with volunteers. I encourage anyone to consider the needs they can discern and lift this boat over the next shoal and the next one to come after. May we exhibit the best of unity and fraternity in this transition. I need you all and so do many others. Thanks to all. May Father bring the light to your face and the wind to your back on this noble path we tread together. Peace. :D
Peace be upon you."

#83 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

Hi all,

I logged in the new site and frankly I'm not so excited as Rick and Meredtih.

One Croatian poet wrote 100 years ago
"In the world of changes, only change constant is."

I know that change always brings us good things (directly or indirectly)
but as my sisters and brothers noted here before me, service to brothers and sisters shouldn't have price tag.
For me it is choice to by food for my children or to pay the fee for the forum. The choice is very clear to me.
I'll miss thoughts of people which grow to my soul in last two years, but we will gather again in some better place which wan't bind us with money which become such a big issue in our lives.

Meredith,

Human government in the conduct of material affairs continues to function throughout this age of relative progress and perfection. The public activities of a world in the first stage of light and life which I recently visited were financed by the tithing technique. Every adult worker--and all able-bodied citizens worked at something--paid ten per cent of his income or increase to the public treasury, and it was disbursed as follows:

1. Three per cent was expended in the promotion of truth--science, education, and philosophy.
2. Three per cent was devoted to beauty--play, social leisure, and art.
3. Three per cent was dedicated to goodness--social service, altruism, and religion.
4. One per cent was assigned to the insurance reserves against the risk of incapacity for labor resultant from accident, disease, old age, or unpreventable disasters.
P.625 - §1

This is ideal which will one day rule on this world two, but I think we wan't be here to enjoy it :(
For example in Croatia through different government wages people 45% of their income.
And again it is problem to get educated and receive health care if you don't have money.
The one who have more gets better education and health care.

So, for all on this forum who thinks that my thoughts made them smile and even had some value send me personal message and we can exchange e-mail.
Alina, my soul sister. we will keep in touch (by the way it is snowing again) :)
Menno, thank you on the book. At the moment it is at one special person which I managed to interest in the Kingdom of Heaven.
J.R. - you were my great inspiration.
Bonita - thank you on your swift and fast mind (and tongue). You always made me (re)think my conclusions and ideas.
Rick - your OPAD was one place to adjust my thoughts about red parts of the books. In Croatia I'm still alone in this Urantia adventure so This forum was only place where I communicated with other readers.

I wish you all happy journey.
I will keep my sight to new page but I will decide will I actively participate or not.

Hrvoje Pajk aka Pike

I understand you dear brother!
I do not know, in addition to everything I've written why a forum should be private to deprive persons who read, actually I know, but better do not say nothing more. We will communicate by mail.
The moral and ethical values,come when advance, when changing from the inside, when real awareness Maybe must be suddenly?
Many people are reading in solitude, on the one hand is good, you think for yourself and the Spirit of Thought guide you to greater understanding.
But every so often need to share with others, is very nice, too.

Beware of cold. affection to your family! :)
Love and Peace

Alina

PS; I hit my last post below, because it was on the previous page.

Posted Yesterday, 11:11 PM
Hello all!

I'm thinking;
Since it appeared the information about these "sudden changes" many doubts, many consequences. twists and turns have been avoided if the Committee took out this project, had informed us! details about their plans!
(as it does regularly about events, conferences, travel etc)
Because transparency in the actions of this nature are extremely important, in order to avoid unnecessary uncertainties.

Since early 2007 I am participating very actively in the forums of the IAU and I think with this I am working on maintaining the forum, within my means, to aid in the understanding of Revelation, it is obvious that some people will not match my ideas, but that's my best intentions, every time I talk about a topic does not interest me to always be right, or seek any personal benefit.
All together, exchanging ideas and insights.
So I think I have and we all have the right to receive information when logic will make profound changes "sudden and unexpected"
I must say that all this removes tranquility to my soul and fills me with questions, but mentally I close my door when is necessary.

It is desirable that everyone has the right as God gave us free choice, but sometimes do not know if it's just an initial boost in post of curiosity, novelty, or decision is based after serene meditations about the subject.
Not good for the for dissemination, we have to reach these limits "spectacular"
What would have been different if had explained respecting our right to know the Why? For what?
Thus many speculations have been avoided, false and/ or True!
Not everything new is always better, nor everything old is dischargeable. Especially when the time is ripe and should not destroy what has value, at least for me.
To think.

Someone watching us from within and from without. Always.

Greetings to all!

Alina

#84 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

Lot of hats flying into this ring....might as well toss mine. I will not criticize or dispute any other's perspective....and think group wisdom is greater than mine (at least). Pike - I know you registered at the new site. This costs nothing and we need you and your wisdom and poetry over there....please come. I plan to donate a little for I believe in the work - even if I don't agree full spectrum on every choice and design...it is an evolutionary work in progress. The work is greater than ever with more and more newer and newer readers....and we are teachers as well as students with a positive group dynamic....which will change no doubt but the change will be better by the solid core working here. I don't plan to use the networking and links any....or not until I have compelling reasons to.....I'm too busy for all the fooferaw of social media. But the discussion site is the core for now. We should offer a waiver of the $20 upon any request knowing it will only be so requested by those who need it as cost should not preclude participation. And UAI members should be able to offer a seperate donation entitling them/us to participate on multiple levels perhaps.....membership benefits.

It would be adviseable for the UAI to post costs, budgets, and money raised by Forum fees for transparency issues.....apparently. I know that UAI is underfunded for the many great works they tackle and support salaries, and they are understaffed with volunteers. I encourage anyone to consider the needs they can discern and lift this boat over the next shoal and the next one to come after. May we exhibit the best of unity and fraternity in this transition. I need you all and so do many others. Thanks to all. May Father bring the light to your face and the wind to your back on this noble path we tread together. Peace. :D

Thank you Bradley.
I don't have slightest doubts that we will gether our thoughts again.
We just have to be little patient.
Peace be upon you

#85 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

Thank you Bradley.
I don't have slightest doubts that we will gether our thoughts again.
We just have to be little patient.

Agree brother! :)

Patience and time are Good Teachers!

Here two quotes about forbearance- patience

(613.6) 54:1.4 Liberty is suicidal when divorced from material justice, intellectual fairness, social forbearance, moral duty, and spiritual values. Liberty is nonexistent apart from cosmic reality, and all personality reality is proportional to its divinity relationships.

(1762.5) 159:1.3 “The Father in heaven loves his children, and therefore should you learn to love one another; the Father in heaven forgives you your sins; therefore should you learn to forgive one another. If your brother sins against you, go to him and with tact and patience show him his fault. And do all this between you and him alone. If he will listen to you, then have you won your brother. But if your brother will not hear you, if he persists in the error of his way, go again to him, taking with you one or two mutual friends that you may thus have two or even three witnesses to confirm your testimony and establish the fact that you have dealt justly and mercifully with your offending brother. Now if he refuses to hear your brethren, you may tell the whole story to the congregation, and then, if he refuses to hear the brotherhood, let them take such action as they deem wise; let such an unruly member become an outcast from the kingdom. While you cannot pretend to sit in judgment on the souls of your fellows, and while you may not forgive sins or otherwise presume to usurp the prerogatives of the supervisors of the heavenly hosts, at the same time, it has been committed to your hands that you should maintain temporal order in the kingdom on earth. While you may not meddle with the divine decrees concerning eternal life, you shall determine the issues of conduct as they concern the temporal welfare of the brotherhood on earth. And so, in all these matters connected with the discipline of the brotherhood, whatsoever you shall decree on earth, shall be recognized in heaven. Although you cannot determine the eternal fate of the individual, you may legislate regarding the conduct of the group, for, where two or three of you agree concerning any of these things and ask of me, it shall be done for you if your petition is not inconsistent with the will of my Father in heaven. And all this is ever true, for, where two or three believers are gathered together, there am I in the midst of them.”

Edited by Alina, 26 March 2013 - 10:45 AM.

#86 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

Dear Alina, Bradly, Pike, Meredith, Rick, Bonita, and Rev Dr Red,

Missed the memo from yesterday posts. I shall begin here with Alina's last post to tell her how much I love her quote UB p.162.5. Well positioned in the continuing thread. Thank you for your intelligent commentary.

Bradly: What a well thought out post you have made to all with love. Thank you.

Pike: I have been reading here since 2007. I have been reading almost every day. I read in silence for years now. I discovered one day while posting that I knew nothing about TUB worth expressing to long time readers. I began to read, read, read. Recently I felt a bit more capable as I complete my 10th read. Still not up to speed with Bonita, Alina, Bradly, Meredith, Rick, or you. Peace!

Meredith: We KNOW each other so no need to respond.

Bonita and (mr) Red: I had no idea you were trying to communicate with me. That is the memo I missed. In answer to you both:

A conversation face to face is my best way to communicate. I can "talk water up hill." Just ask anyone of my friends and family. Often I talk so fast and switch topics faster that family, even my dear husband, lose the thread. Typing was difficult on the old non electric typewriter because I would leave out words all the time. My brain runs faster than my typing. But my last excuse to you is writing is not my strong suit. Getting complex ideas from the brain to the paper by way of typing results often in being misunderstood.

Cults? "UAI forever" (never joined UAI until the $20 went when I joined the new Urantia Forum) I do not even know what they do. I do know what the Foundation does. I do know that. After that bit of knowledge, I claim idiocy. I know nothing.

However I was born 6th generation into a cult calling itself a church. For 20 years of my adult life I lived to the wire its teachings because it is also my culture. It is mine and my husbands (also 6th generation). My husband had spent his entire life in this church. I was just baptized at 8 years old but raised to make my own choices. In 1996 we left this church and that was not an easy thing to do. We were persecuted beyond belief. My husband was tried by a kangaroo court, judged, found guilty of nothing, and punished by even some of his family members. The fact that this cult calls this "an act of love" is terrible. But he had already found TUB, 10 years before, and there, he found the truth. Me, too!

I would imagine that I have not written this very well, but please try to follow my thoughts as they are sincere in their intent. No one believes more in the individual choices "to find the kingdom of heaven within" than I.

Peace be with you,

Carolyn
"Knowledge is possessed only by sharing; it is safeguarded by wisdom and socialized by love."

#87 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

Dear UAI Forum Members and Guests,

The Forum's upgrade is now in service.

Thanks for your participation here, hope to see you there. The new website address is:

http://urantia-uai.org/

The staff looks forward to serving your study and dissemination needs in improved ways over there! Until we move, feel free to continue reading and posting here.

UAI Forum Staff

#88 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:57 AM

Dear UAI Forum Members and Guests,

The Forum's upgrade is complete. We're moving to another server with 21st century technology and a replete social network. Please join the new Forum there. Let us know if there's a problem.

http://urantia-uai.org/

Thanks for your participation here, this Forum will remain open during the transition period. The staff looks forward to serving your study and dissemination needs in improved ways over there!

UAI Forum Staff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users