• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#21 Rev. Dr. Red

Rev. Dr. Red

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Studying and preaching Truth.
    More info at http://ReverendDrRed.com

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

See you all in the next forum. Still working my way through Part IV

#22 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

At the very least, I hope that the entire OPAD study thread will be moved to the new site. That would truly be a shame to lose, folks - as there is very little else like it anywhere online. And for new readers, it is a treasure trove - in addition to being a veritable group exegesis.

I have devoted the last couple of days for making a copy of every post I have written here. I am preserving them as a personal record for examining (and improving) the progress of my ability to communicate what occurs to me along the path of my ongoing spiritual growth. Simply doing that has already shown me some inconsistencies of expression, language, and approach that I am working on.

Forgive me if this question has already been asked: Will we have to create entirely new accounts for the new forum - or will our accounts here automatically be transferred over?

Will there also be an updated structure for the new Forum? Or will the same sections that currently are here be there as well?

If there are going to be changes, are you at liberty to share the basic structure of the new Forum (categories and sub-categories) with us now?

Thanks for your input and questions Absonite,

Glad to hear about the good you've gotten from participating here.

There will be more than one level of participation on the new site, public and private levels, paid and free. OPAD will appear and continue on the public (free) level, perhaps the private too. Yes, the structure is very 21st century. And there will be available most of this Forum's "sections". Still negotiating that.

Coming out day is March 22, there will be some overlapping I hear.

#23 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

See you all in the next forum. Still working my way through Part IV

OK! Work on, brother Red.

#24 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:49 AM

There will be more than one level of participation on the new site, public and private levels, paid and free.

So . . . on the paid, private level is UAI membership required?

#25 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

So . . . on the paid, private level is UAI membership required?

Yes, it was built primarily for our 2500 members' global communication and networking. The public forum/level will become an adjunct, of course still available to all as this one is. Except it will be an experiment allowing all the public to participate, no membership required anymore. Should be interesting.

#26 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

Yes, it was built primarily for our 2500 members' global communication and networking. The public forum/level will become an adjunct, of course still available to all as this one is. Except it will be an experiment allowing all the public to participate, no membership required anymore. Should be interesting.

Bonita, all, I'm being told no, membership is not required. Apologies for misleading. More info to follow soon.

#27 Absonite

Absonite

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Studying the cosmotheosophy (the cosmology, theology, and philosophy) taught by the Urantia Book.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:38 AM

Yesterday I visited and made an inquiring/validating post on the new forum.

http://urantia-uai.org/social/

I had to sign up a new account there.
I encourage you folks to go there and sign up.

It is different indeed to the layout style of this forum.

This may very well be my last post here.

Edited by Absonite, 23 March 2013 - 06:38 AM.

#28 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

I went there and they want your birth date for registration. I don't give out that information to online concerns. So, if our membership is not automatically transferred, I probably won't join unless I can find a work-around solution to that problem. I don't understand why they need my birth date. I'm not signing up for medicare or trying to buy alcohol . . . makes no sense to me . . . but a lot of things don't make sense to me.

#29 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

Let me recommend a fake bday!! No id required. Perhaps we should all use 8-14-55 or 6-06-55? Sister - you better find a work around!! Just sayin....we ain't done with you yet by a long shot.

B)
Peace be upon you."

#30 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

I can't get in. Keep getting a CAPTCHA error in the verification but don't know what it means and cannot overcome it. Is there a requirement for password characters? I'll be breaking down the door there eventually. haha. I'll keep trying. I even used my real birthday.
Peace be upon you."

#31 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

Let me recommend a fake bday!! No id required. Perhaps we should all use 8-14-55 or 6-06-55? Sister - you better find a work around!! Just sayin....we ain't done with you yet by a long shot.

B)

You're a hoot Brad. So I should lie, you say? Well anyway, those birth dates you suggest do make me younger than I am. If I go that route, why not go the full monty and try to convince them that I was born in 1980, or better yet, 1990? I'll put up a picture of my niece, who is dangerously cute, or a picture of me from the 60's.Posted Image If I have to lie, then I should lie large.

#32 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

Agree....why lie little when a bigger one will work just as well indeed!!?? Love the ponytails!
Peace be upon you."

#33 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

My understanding is the public zone doesn't need registration. Try this link, see if you have access:

http://urantia-uai.o...-dialogue-zone/

#34 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

NOPE. There's a sign at the bottom which says: (You must log in to post here!) Note the exclamation mark. I think they're emphatic about that. My user name and password from this site does not work there, which means you have to register all over again and give your birth date. WHICH SHOULD BE OPTIONAL There's no reason why they need private information.

In this country all you need is name and date of birth to get access to medical records. Once you get medical records, you can get SSN and address. All you need is DOB, SSN and zip code to get financial information. Before you know it, you're hacked, jacked and sacked. Someone has to tell them to make it optional out of a sense of decency.

#35 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

Checking. Will report asap. Not to worry, this Forum will remain open until all bugs are worked out on the new site. Thanks for your patience, will check on giving birth date options too.

#36 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

Hello!

I am traveling and I can not write as me pleased, but this is an outrage!
Looks like a social page, the kind that abound!
Delete this forum with all its valuable contents, history, to change this?
To whom they may have happened?
Where is the judgment, reason, logic ...?
I do not think this action is approved "from Above"
Just pray to God, so that those responsible, rethink what ...

Alina

#37 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

This old Forum is going to be archived, not disposed of, Alina. We know that much.

#38 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

I agree with both Bonita on the privacy issue and with Alina on the ethical issue. I really doubt that Jesus of Nazareth would have lied just to be invited to speak in the Temple? Hmmmmmm

When this Forum, here, tightened down the security, many of the "liars" disappeared. My experience with pretenders was not well received by me. The one huge problem today in our society is the ability for all to be whatever and whoever they want to be without any truth behind the ruse. Joining with them will not elevate us and will be counter productive to progression. The will of the Father needs to be our law and not the joining with the materialists just to get a few more (perhaps phony) readers of TUB.

I watch from afar the Facebook etc. hold on immature and some mature minds. When with our adult children and the older Grands they are buried in the "smartphone" while looking up and posting on this nonsense. Their ears and eyes are focused on the material and the spiritual is silent. IMO They no longer interact with family. Games, TV, Movies, etc. etc. etc. fill their free time. Too much information is as deadly as too little. IMO One has to be silent for a time to connect with God and then in silence commune.IMO

There are not many of us who sincerely read TUB because it is not the easy route we take. Our beat of the drum is not the same as the worlds. The new site may welcome some but will they be sincere?

"Sincerity, Sincerity, and more Sincerity..."

Love,
"Knowledge is possessed only by sharing; it is safeguarded by wisdom and socialized by love."

#39 menno

menno

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Lifetime pursuit: Searching for truth. Found the Urantia Book to be an excellent source. I feel fortunate to have an original 1955 copy of "Big Blue" given to me by a friend in the book selling Business. Hobbies: traveling through the mountains in my Yukon XL

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

I also get the CAPTCHA error response.. I guess that the new program recognizes me as a "trouble maker" from the old site.

But that shouldn't apply to you, Bradly

Menno

Edited by menno, 23 March 2013 - 01:35 PM.

#40 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

Thanks Menno but...my wife is not so certain as you that I am not one of the riff raff. haha. I think the problem is the verification at the bottom is locked and I'll bet it's supposed to be one of those squiggly, blurry series of numbers and letters only human eyeballs can see and you have to type it into a box (that is not on). Don't know. Kinda wish this forum could remain operational, especially if it will be archived anyway, but that requires a moderator and maintenence etc. - ok, unreasonable. I'm not gonna become social mediaized I don't think. Appreciate its purpose and potential value, especially to the younger generations which seem so intuitive with digital tech....I need big fonts and big buttons and a slow mouse and not so elaborate. Geezer Whine. But I'll be there eventually....debugging is not unusual and I am confident in the intentions and efforts of our hosts here...they may have too much confidence in my digital skills though.
Peace be upon you."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users