#1 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

Dear UAI Forum Members and Guests,

The Forum's upgrade is complete. We're moving to another server with 21st century technology and a replete social network. Please join the new Forum there. Let us know if there's a problem.

http://urantia-uai.org/

Thanks for your participation here, this Forum will remain open during the transition period. The staff looks forward to serving your study and dissemination needs in improved ways over there!

UAI Forum Staff

#2 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

Hi RIck,

is there a way that I copy one complete topic?
There are topics like Discern poetry and Qoute with Art which really deserves to be copied to new forum :)
Peace be upon you

#3 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

Hi RIck,

is there a way that I copy one complete topic?
There are topics like Discern poetry and Qoute with Art which really deserves to be copied to new forum :)

No way that I know, Pike. Wish there were. :(

#4 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:52 AM

Where there is will, there is also the way :)
Peace be upon you

#5 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

I'm no techie but I'd hope a "read only" archive library available by link at the new site would work and would be a precious resource. Been here a year and am still reading and studying old threads, especially related to new topics. I understand about incompatibility about data "transfers" but, as Brother Pike says, perhaps there's some way.....?
Peace be upon you."

#6 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

I too hoped for such a deal but it was not to be, brother Brad. Time, budget constraints and the desire for fresh new start mitigated against it.

#7 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

Hi Rick, all!

Pike, Bradly: Of course you can keep the files, it does not cost anything; here we lack data. but to us.
Here are thousands of post since many years ago, so are removing value to the contributions of many readers of the UB.
Too bad.

Love.

Alina

#8 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

Well..."onward and upward....to infinity!" Here's to embracing the inevitablity and potentiality of certain change. May all the devotion and hard work and hopes of our site admins and monitors come to further fruition for all who benefit and may we all be blessed by the changes to come.

:rolleyes: :wub: :) B) ;) What a delightful place I found here.
Peace be upon you."

#9 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

Bradly. :)

Me too, I am very grateful to the Administrators and Moderators.
Moreover, because I know it's not easy work, certainly, and do not receive money for it, is a service provided by the desire to serve,

I appreciate it at heart, to each and every one of them, for the work done to keep the forum! :)

THANK YOU... :)

LOVE...

Alina

Edited by Alina, 16 March 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#10 Carolyn

Carolyn

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

Dear All,

I, too, send my gratitude.

"The only thing we can count on in this life is change." [a quote from a sage unknown] The trick is will we be able to make the goodness of change with grace?

I am looking forward to my posts from the past that were less than intelligent disappearing forever. B) :D

Much love,

Carolyn :wub:
"Knowledge is possessed only by sharing; it is safeguarded by wisdom and socialized by love."

#11 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

Dear Members, Guests and Visitors,

You helped create and draw in close to five million views over our tenure on this Forum. Thanks every one.

Topic Views (Start to 17 March 2013)

Questions about the Urantia Papers..............................................792,298
Religion, Theology, & Philosophy...................................................654,607
Science & Cosmology.....................................................................500,267
OPAD............................................................................................474,850
The Life and Teachings of Jesus.....................................................367,828
Progressive Civilization..................................................................338,186
Art, graphics, music, videos.............................................................302,483
Welcome and socialization...............................................................301,252
Dissemination: The Text and the Teachings.....................................283,199
Periodicals......................................................................................207,935
History of Urantia............................................................................171,722
Publications.....................................................................................131,610
Suggestions & comments..................................................................95,631
Events, Conferences & Meetings.......................................................80,099
Study Groups...................................................................................74,660
Support Area.....................................................................................35,900
Private Forum...................................................................................33,608
Moderator Area..................................................................................17,276
UAI Volunteer Opportunities, Financial Contributions, and Funding...12,761
Problem Posts.....................................................................................2,622
Moderator Responsibilites and Expectations........................................1,505
Recycle Bin..........................................................................................875
Organization and Policies.....................................................................832
Charter and Bylaws................................................................................133
Urantia Community..............................................................................102
Urantia Book Study................................................................................25

Total.........................................................................................4,882,266

#12 EllenRG

EllenRG

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Location:U.S. Pacific Northwest, Urantia, Nebadon, Orvonton,
  • Interests:BE Fatherly loving to each and all ! Getting our FACTS straight; Planetary wide integrity; straight talking-listening; compassion; altruism; creative solution imagination; adherence to spirit of law of life; identifying/eliminating laws made by selfish interests; identifying evil masquerading as good; avoiding perpetuation of error; supporting enlightened pursuits: momentarily in perpetuity AMEN

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

Thanks, Rick!! ..think i'll start from least, up --ell! :

Urantia Book Study..............25

to

Questions about the Urantia Papers..............................................792,298
.."..clear thinking, wise reasoning, logical judgment, sincere motivation, unselfish purpose, intelligent loyalty, experiential memory, disciplined character, and the unquestioning dedication of his personality to the doing of the will of the Father in Paradise." ..."..loving service, unselfish devotion, courageous loyalty, sincere fairness, enlightened honesty, undying hope, confiding trust, merciful ministry, unfailing goodness, forgiving tolerance, and enduring peace.." URANTIA.org

#13 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

All the effort put into this forum is not lost. All of us have gained much from our conversations and experience.

No worth-while experience ever happens in vain; no true meaning or real value ever perishes. P.1200 - §1

In friendship,
Meredith

#14 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

Yes, Dear Meredith!

"Individually" values ​​are not lost, never, neither I nor anyone else we will lose our contributions, we will not lose anything of real value because they do not appear anywhere else, but what is lost is the history of the forum, mainly miss lot of study material for new students of UB, students come and there is much work already done,
This value is lost, although that is not permanent it? depends on how you look. because aid, support for study is reflected in numerous threads, here.
I honestly do not care about my own posts, but I can not help but notice the many issues, many pages, so much work, hours and hours of esudio and dedication to write, reply ... lost ... not
useful in the future,

I also understand your point of view, maybe you know something I do not know, because for some very important, but, very important reason must have decided to do this.
Right now, so many people need to have a word of hope? if it is true, all are the same book, but the testimony of so many people, their understandings and insights, help a lot, one way or help, even from the discrepancies between students.

But ... everything to be by and for the good.
For Truth, Beauty, Goodness, for our Father in heaven and on Urantia .

So be it ...

Love...

Thanks You Merediht! :)

All the best to you!

Alina

#15 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

Hi Alina,

I feel your passion and understand your comment ". . .but I can not help but notice the many issues, many pages, so much work, hours and hours of esudio and dedication to write, reply ... lost ... not useful in the future," Who knows? Maybe all of the issues, pages, work, study, dedication to write will be useful in the future. People do need a word of hope and it is fascinating to me to read the testimonies of so many people - their understandings and insights. This forum is one of many steps going to the future regarding study of the book. The nest step is our worldwide website with many more features I think you will enjoy. We have to go forward.

As the human mind reckons backward into the past, it is evaluating past experience for the purpose of bringing it to bear on a present situation. As mind reaches out into the future, it is attempting to evaluate the future significance of possible action. And having thus reckoned with both experience and wisdom, the human will exercises judgment-decision in the present, and the plan of action thus born of the past and the future becomes existent. P.1295 - §4

Mind reaches out to the future, despite the uncertainty of the future. Time will tell, when we look back to the past, how well we both anticipated and exercised judgement-decision in the present. I am hopeful with undying hope for the major change that is immanent.

Much love to you Alina and many thanks,
Meredith

#16 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

Will there be new moderators?

What happens to OPAD?

Edited by Bonita, 17 March 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#17 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

Hello Bonita!

Thank you Meredith!

mmm... I think, because I'm remembering an old - new project... :rolleyes: Perhaps this is why,
Congrats if so!
Well, we're going to find!

Much love to you too!
:)

Alina

Edited by Alina, 17 March 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#18 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

Will there be new moderators?

What happens to OPAD?

Yes, there will be new moderators. I don't have an answer for you about OPAD. :)

#19 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

OPAD will continue to the end of the book, Father willin'.

#20 Absonite

Absonite

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Studying the cosmotheosophy (the cosmology, theology, and philosophy) taught by the Urantia Book.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

At the very least, I hope that the entire OPAD study thread will be moved to the new site. That would truly be a shame to lose, folks - as there is very little else like it anywhere online. And for new readers, it is a treasure trove - in addition to being a veritable group exegesis.

I have devoted the last couple of days for making a copy of every post I have written here. I am preserving them as a personal record for examining (and improving) the progress of my ability to communicate what occurs to me along the path of my ongoing spiritual growth. Simply doing that has already shown me some inconsistencies of expression, language, and approach that I am working on.

Forgive me if this question has already been asked: Will we have to create entirely new accounts for the new forum - or will our accounts here automatically be transferred over?

Will there also be an updated structure for the new Forum? Or will the same sections that currently are here be there as well?

If there are going to be changes, are you at liberty to share the basic structure of the new Forum (categories and sub-categories) with us now?

Edited by Absonite, 18 March 2013 - 05:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users