3 replies to this topic

#1 Howard509

Howard509

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

A Urantia Book reader has brought to my attention some passages that indicate Satan was named after Satania, and not the other way around, contrary to what is often assumed:

P.660 - §7 950,000,000 years ago ...... The earth's crust is gradually stabilizing. (950 MILLION Satania already existed)
P.660 - §8 It was at about this time that Urantia was assigned to the system of Satania for planetary administration and was placed on the life registry of Norlatiadek

And Lucifer reigned "upon..... the administrative mount of Jerusem, for he was the chief executive of a great system of 607 inhabited worlds.
P.602 - §4 Lucifer and his first assistant, Satan, had reigned on Jerusem for more than five hundred thousand years when in their hearts they began to array themselves against the Universal Father and his then vicegerent Son, Michael. (950 Million years ago Satania already was named Satania.

1/2 million years after being assigned Satania Lucifer and Satan began thinking rebellion (.500.000 years)

That is 949 and a half MILLION years after Satania had a name.( 949.000.000 years)

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience. -
Teilhard de Chardin

#2 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:12 AM

After his trial, there might be a renaming. Langaforgia maybe :)

#3 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

"Was Satan named after Satania?" I've wondered about this question.

If the answer is yes, does it follow that there is something wrong with Satania, or conversely, does it follow that there is something right about Satania? We know the trouble was in Satan.

Since the triumph of Christ, all Norlatiadek is being cleansed of sin and rebels. Sometime before Michael's death in the flesh the fallen Lucifer's associate, Satan, sought to attend such an Edentia conclave, but the solidification of sentiment against the archrebels had reached the point where the doors of sympathy were so well-nigh universally closed that there could be found no standing ground for the Satania adversaries. When there exists no open door for the reception of evil, there exists no opportunity for the entertainment of sin. The doors of the hearts of all Edentia closed against Satan; he was unanimously rejected by the assembled System Sovereigns, and it was at this time that the Son of Man "beheld Satan fall as lightning from heaven." P.490 - §4

A point I'd like to make is in regard to the question: What's in a name? For example, a rose by any other name would smell as sweet (from Shakespeare):

From Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, 1600:

JULIET:
'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself.

Maybe it's just coincidence.

All the best,
Meredith

#4 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

A Urantia Book reader has brought to my attention some passages that indicate Satan was named after Satania, and not the other way around, contrary to what is often assumed:

P.660 - §7 950,000,000 years ago ...... The earth's crust is gradually stabilizing. (950 MILLION Satania already existed)
P.660 - §8 It was at about this time that Urantia was assigned to the system of Satania for planetary administration and was placed on the life registry of Norlatiadek

And Lucifer reigned "upon..... the administrative mount of Jerusem, for he was the chief executive of a great system of 607 inhabited worlds.
P.602 - §4 Lucifer and his first assistant, Satan, had reigned on Jerusem for more than five hundred thousand years when in their hearts they began to array themselves against the Universal Father and his then vicegerent Son, Michael. (950 Million years ago Satania already was named Satania.

1/2 million years after being assigned Satania Lucifer and Satan began thinking rebellion (.500.000 years)

That is 949 and a half MILLION years after Satania had a name.( 949.000.000 years)

It's a good point Howard,

Isn't it also a remotely possible coincidence that there's no connection between a system named a billion years ago and Satan's rein only half a million years back? But then again, we don't know how old he and Lucifer were before reining on Jerusem. The Lanonandek Sons might have been created just after Nebadon began forming. Much father back than 950MY:

...Michael of Nebadon is the 611,121st bestowal of the Eternal Son upon the universes of time and space, and he began the organization of your local universe about four hundred billion years ago.... P.1309 - 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users