Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

Hello and thanks... Bradly.

The bridge, first we build, we must have a genuine desire to do so, the strength of true love.
The Spirit of the Father in our inner self is who guides us, Because the Father is Love, but First is Universal Spirit, eternal Truth, infinite Reality, and Personality.

(1137.3) 103:6.13 Revelation is evolutionary man’s only hope of bridging the morontia gulf. Faith and reason, unaided by mota, cannot conceive and construct a logical universe. Without the insight of mota, mortal man cannot discern goodness, love, and truth in the phenomena of the material world.

Greetings,

Alina

Edited by Alina, 13 March 2013 - 11:01 AM.

#62 Raymond

Raymond

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Golf, Cooking.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

Alina, I've been following this topic and I still question what is a concept of our being godlike in contradistinction to diety-likeness; thus far have seen nothing in dialouge addressing this. Do you have your own concept or do you know where references or inferences are in the UB?

#63 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Alina, I've been following this topic and I still question what is a concept of our being godlike in contradistinction to diety-likeness; thus far have seen nothing in dialouge addressing this. Do you have your own concept or do you know where references or inferences are in the UB?

Hello Raymond!

I do not understand exactly you question Raymond, but our being divine, can not be in cotradistinction with Deity, I think that is the Eternal Son who through his spiritual gravity attracts to itself all personalities and spiritual realities.

That answer your question, or something else?

(4.7) 0:2.13 2. God the Son — Co-ordinate Creator, Spirit Controller, and Spiritual Administrator. The Eternal Son, the Second Person of Deity.

Greetings!

Alina

#64 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Soccer, Movies, Games,

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

The measure of the spiritual capacity of the evolving soul is your faith in truth and your love for man, but the measure of your human strength of character is your ability to resist the holding of grudges and your capacity to withstand brooding in the face of deep sorrow. Defeat is the true mirror in which you may honestly view your real self. ~ The Urantia Book, (156:5.17)

Thought I would pull a Van and try and add some love to the conversation.

Edited by -Scott-, 13 March 2013 - 06:19 PM.

If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#65 Raymond

Raymond

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

Alina, I was thinking in the realm of the totality that is discerned by deity-BEING; the realm of totality discerned by a human-BEING - then the personalization of deity-BEING - selfhood; and the personalization of human-BEING - selfhood. The term God always refers to the personal - no? We can become personal - godlike, then in what way do we become deity-like in reference to the totality of our reality. Looking for descriptive references here. I'm not sure how else to word this?

#66 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Alina, I was thinking in the realm of the totality that is discerned by deity-BEING; the realm of totality discerned by a human-BEING - then the personalization of deity-BEING - selfhood; and the personalization of human-BEING - selfhood. The term God always refers to the personal - no? We can become personal - godlike, then in what way do we become deity-like in reference to the totality of our reality. Looking for descriptive references here. I'm not sure how else to word this?

Let's see if this what you mean, But the realm of the whole (totality) can not be perceived by a human ...

(

1232.3) 112:5.2 That which comes from the Father is like the Father eternal, and this is just as true of personality, which God gives by his own freewill choice, as it is of the divine Thought Adjuster, an actual fragment of God. Man’s personality is eternal but with regard to identity a conditioned eternal reality. Having appeared in response to the Father’s will, personality will attain Deity destiny, but man must choose whether or not he will be present at the attainment of such destiny. In default of such choice, personality attains experiential Deity directly, becoming a part of the Supreme Being. The cycle is foreordained, but man’s participation therein is optional, personal, and experiential.

Alina

#67 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

the realm of totality discerned by a human-BEING

Individuals do not have relation to one each other except through the individuality of the "whole" the whole=totality reality. This inviduality of the total/whole is downstepped as "total planet" "total universe" etc. The individuality of the whole is always there to be discovered on all levels of "total" because the Supreme is the god of imminence.

1 - (10:7.2) As things appear to the mortal on the finite level, the Paradise Trinity, like the Supreme Being, is concerned only with the total—total planet, total universe, total superuniverse, total grand universe. This totality attitude exists because the Trinity is the total of Deity and for many other reasons.

On our planet IMO we can experience this totality deity/ Individuality of the total through the Supreme Spirit which pervades finite reality.

8:9.4.The grand universe is mechanism as well as organism, mechanical and living—a living mechanism activated by a Supreme Mind, co-ordinating with a Supreme Spirit, and finding expression on maximum levels of power and personality unification as the Supreme Being. But to deny the mechanism of the finite creation is to deny fact and to disregard reality.

4 - (3:5.15) Throughout the universe, every unit is regarded as a part of the whole. Survival of the part is dependent on co-operation with the plan and purpose of the whole,

Let's see if this what you mean, But the realm of the whole (totality) can not be perceived by a human ...

The Supreme Being may not be able to be discerned but we can discern the individuality of the whole, because the Supreme is the individuality of the Supreme Being. The Supreme Being is a power personality-synthesis. The Almighty is the power and the Supreme is the Individuality/Personality. The Supreme already exists prior to this completed synthesis of the Supreme Being.

(112:1.17)This distinction is vital, for in a cosmic system the individual members are not connected with each other except in relation to the whole and through the individuality of the whole.

So me and you can become connected to each other in an intimate way if we both discover the individuality of the whole.

IMO the trick is trying to figure out just what part of God does this Supreme come from??... The u.b mentions that she is God the Mother but she has to have some sort of connection to the I AM. IMO this is the Infinite Upholder. The very last concept or aspect of God. IMO this is the part of God that comes from the end of eternity-infinity and reaches back. The Supreme is a finite upholder and God is Lastly an Infinite Upholder. IMO the Supreme is a downstepped expression of the Infinite Upholder. IMO this is what the authors mean by Father-Father and Mother-Son ETC. The authors don't call the Father, Father-Mother, but they do mention him once as Father-Father.

1 - (8:1.2) The first act of the Infinite Spirit is the inspection and recognition of his divine parents, the Father-Father and the Mother-Son

Edited by -Scott-, 13 March 2013 - 09:53 PM.

If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#68 Raymond

Raymond

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

Let me see if by my left-handed thinking, if I were to say that my deity-likeness is due to my unique individualistic unification of my parts by choosing those godlike attributes which will bring harmony and balance to my selfhood. Then could I say, that by this process of synthesization that my parts are made whole - that is to act as 'oneness' - I now can be godlike, acting as a whole person, once I achieve this 'oneness' of my total being - deity-likeness. Does this make any sense to you all?

#69 Raymond

Raymond

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

I have achieved deity-likeness by personal unification of all my parts i.e: the 4 actuals.

#70 Raymond

Raymond

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

In other words I have to achieve godlikeness to attain to deity-likeness.

#71 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

In other words I have to achieve godlikeness to attain to deity-likeness.

Hi Raymond!

I think the fusion with the Father or the Spirit would be linked to the deity, but the godlikeness can be achieved step by step, through the Thought Adjusters.
But first we must ascend the seven psychic circles, in the mansion worlds achieve fusion.
Unless exceptions in which the fusion takes place here.

(62.1) 5:0.1 IF THE finite mind of man is unable to comprehend how so great and so majestic a God as the Universal Father can descend from his eternal abode in infinite perfection to fraternize with the individual human creature, then must such a finite intellect rest assurance of divine fellowship upon the truth of the fact that an actual fragment of the living God resides within the intellect of every normal-minded and morally conscious Urantia mortal. The indwelling Thought Adjusters are a part of the eternal Deity of the Paradise Father. Man does not have to go farther than his own inner experience of the soul’s contemplation of this spiritual-reality presence to find God and attempt communion with him.

Also remember God the Sevenfold:

(11.13) 0:8.9 This sevenfold Deity personalization in time and space and to the seven superuniverses enables mortal man to attain the presence of God, who is spirit. This sevenfold Deity, to finite time-space creatures sometime power-personalizing in the Supreme Being, is the functional Deity of the mortal evolutionary creatures of the Paradise-ascension career. Such an experiential discovery-career of the realization of God begins with the recognition of the divinity of the Creator Son of the local universe and ascends through the superuniverse Ancients of Days and by way of the person of one of the Seven Master Spirits to the attainment of the discovery and recognition of the divine personality of the Universal Father on Paradise.

Alina

Edited by Alina, 14 March 2013 - 04:33 PM.

#72 Raymond

Raymond

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

Alina, I believe you hit on something for me! Let me think these thoughts over and pray on it. Thank you.

#73 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

Alina, I believe you hit on something for me! Let me think these thoughts over and pray on it. Thank you.

Hello Raymond, all! :)

For me, is so:
The Deity sevenfold is who accompanies us on our journey up from here to Paradise.
We begin by recognizing our Sovereign, Michael of Nebadon and his divinity, and we then ascend the Ancients of Days, we also recognize one of the Seven Master Spirits. All this with the guidance of our Spirit Adjuster, either here on earth or fused as individuality.

(184.2) 16:0.2 The Seven Master Spirits thus have their origin in, and derive their individual characteristics from, the following seven likenesses:

(184.3) 16:0.3 1. The Universal Father.
(184.4) 16:0.4 2. The Eternal Son.
(184.5) 16:0.5 3. The Infinite Spirit.
(184.6) 16:0.6 4. The Father and the Son.
(184.7) 16:0.7 5. The Father and the Spirit.
(184.8) 16:0.8 6. The Son and the Spirit.
(184.9) 16:0.9 7. The Father, Son, and Spirit.

Greetings,

Alina

Edited by Alina, 15 March 2013 - 09:24 AM.

#74 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

(1260.3) 115:1.2 Conceptual frames of the universe are only relatively true; they are serviceable scaffolding which must eventually give way before the expansions of enlarging cosmic comprehension. The understandings of truth, beauty, and goodness, morality, ethics, duty, love, divinity, origin, existence, purpose, destiny, time, space, even Deity, are only relatively true. God is much, much more than a Father, but the Father is man’s highest concept of God; nonetheless, the Father-Son portrayal of Creator-creature relationship will be augmented by those supermortal conceptions of Deity which will be attained in Orvonton, in Havona, and on Paradise. Man must think in a mortal universe frame, but that does not mean that he cannot envision other and higher frames within which thought can take place.

Edited by -Scott-, 17 March 2013 - 03:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users