Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

The Passover at Jerusalem

The Concept of God

(1598.2) 142:3.1 The twelve apostles, most of whom had listened to this discussion of the character of God, that night asked Jesus many questions about the Father in heaven. The Master’s answers to these questions can best be presented by the following summary in modern phraseology:

(1598.3) 142:3.2 Jesus mildly upbraided the twelve, in substance saying: Do you not know the traditions of Israel relating to the growth of the idea of Yahweh, and are you ignorant of the teaching of the Scriptures concerning the doctrine of God? And then did the Master proceed to instruct the apostles about the evolution of the concept of Deity throughout the course of the development of the Jewish people. He called attention to the following phases of the growth of the God idea:

(1598.4) 142:3.3 1.Yahweh the god of the Sinai clans. This was the primitive concept of Deity which Moses exalted to the higher level of the Lord God of Israel. The Father in heaven never fails to accept the sincere worship of his children on earth, no matter how crude their concept of Deity or by what name they symbolize his divine nature.

(1598.5) 142:3.4 2. The Most High. This concept of the Father in heaven was proclaimed by Melchizedek to Abraham and was carried far from Salem by those who subsequently believed in this enlarged and expanded idea of Deity. Abraham and his brother left Ur because of the establishment of sun worship, and they became believers in Melchizedek’s teaching of El Elyon — the Most High God. Theirs was a composite concept of God, consisting in a blending of their older Mesopotamian ideas and the Most High doctrine.

(1598.6) 142:3.5 3. El Shaddai. During these early days many of the Hebrews worshiped El Shaddai, the Egyptian concept of the God of heaven, which they learned about during their captivity in the land of the Nile. Long after the times of Melchizedek all three of these concepts of God became joined together to form the doctrine of the creator Deity, the Lord God of Israel.

(1598.7) 142:3.6 4. Elohim. From the times of Adam the teaching of the Paradise Trinity has persisted. Do you not recall how the Scriptures begin by asserting that “In the beginning the Gods created the heavens and the earth”? This indicates that when that record was made the Trinity concept of three Gods in one had found lodgment in the religion of our forebears.

(1598.8) 142:3.7 5. The Supreme Yahweh. By the times of Isaiah these beliefs about God had expanded into the concept of a Universal Creator who was simultaneously all-powerful and all-merciful. And this evolving and enlarging concept of God virtually supplanted all previous ideas of Deity in our fathers’ religion.

(1598.9) 142:3.8 6. The Father in heaven. And now do we know God as our Father in heaven. Our teaching provides a religion wherein the believer is a son of God. That is the good news of the gospel of the kingdom of heaven. Coexistent with the Father are the Son and the Spirit, and the revelation of the nature and ministry of these Paradise Deities will continue to enlarge and brighten throughout the endless ages of the eternal spiritual progression of the ascending sons of God. At all times and during all ages the true worship of any human being — as concerns individual spiritual progress — is recognized by the indwelling spirit as homage rendered to the Father in heaven.

(1599.1) 142:3.9 Never before had the apostles been so shocked as they were upon hearing this recounting of the growth of the concept of God in the Jewish minds of previous generations; they were too bewildered to ask questions. As they sat before Jesus in silence, the Master continued: “And you would have known these truths had you read the Scriptures. Have you not read in Samuel where it says: ‘And the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, so much so that he moved David against them, saying, go number Israel and Judah’? And this was not strange because in the days of Samuel the children of Abraham really believed that Yahweh created both good and evil. But when a later writer narrated these events, subsequent to the enlargement of the Jewish concept of the nature of God, he did not dare attribute evil to Yahweh; therefore he said: ‘And Satan stood up against Israel and provoked David to number Israel.’ Cannot you discern that such records in the Scriptures clearly show how the concept of the nature of God continued to grow from one generation to another?

(1599.2) 142:3.10 “Again should you have discerned the growth of the understanding of divine law in perfect keeping with these enlarging concepts of divinity. When the children of Israel came out of Egypt in the days before the enlarged revelation of Yahweh, they had ten commandments which served as their law right up to the times when they were encamped before Sinai. And these ten commandments were:

“1. You shall worship no other god, for the Lord is a jealous God.
“2. You shall not make molten gods.
“3. You shall not neglect to keep the feast of unleavened bread.
“4. Of all the males of men or cattle, the first-born are mine, says the Lord.
“5. Six days you may work, but on the seventh day you shall rest.
“6. You shall not fail to observe the feast of the first fruits and the feast of the ingathering at the end of the year.
“7. You shall not offer the blood of any sacrifice with leavened bread.
“8. The sacrifice of the feast of the Passover shall not be left until morning.
“9. The first of the first fruits of the ground you shall bring to the house of the Lord your God.
“10. You shall not seethe a kid in its mother’s milk.

(1599.13) 142:3.21 “And then, amidst the thunders and lightnings of Sinai, Moses gave them the new ten commandments, which you will all allow are more worthy utterances to accompany the enlarging Yahweh concepts of Deity. And did you never take notice of these commandments as twice recorded in the Scriptures, that in the first case deliverance from Egypt is assigned as the reason for Sabbath keeping, while in a later record the advancing religious beliefs of our forefathers demanded that this be changed to the recognition of the fact of creation as the reason for Sabbath observance?

(1599.14) 142:3.22 “And then will you remember that once again — in the greater spiritual enlightenment of Isaiah’s day — these ten negative commandments were changed into the great and positive law of love, the injunction to love God supremely and your neighbor as yourself. And it is this supreme law of love for God and for man that I also declare to you as constituting the whole duty of man.”

(1600.1) 142:3.23 And when he had finished speaking, no man asked him a question. They went, each one to his sleep.

We could add the Concept of God's UB. right? Questions as well as comments, additional quotes.

Thanks

Greetings! :)

Alina

#2 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Soccer, Movies, Games,

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

Hey Alina I think that the U.B definitely expands on the God concept. IMO some of what is in the u.b would have caused many human beings to think of many gods instead of just one god because of the complexity. IMO its hard for people to envision multiple personalizations of God, and still see that they are all still one God. This is why I think Jesus just started with the highest human concept of god the Father and just sort of left it at that, if he would have said there is a God the Mother I think it would have just greatly confused primitive human beings.

1261.7) 115:3.3 The primordial stasis of infinity requires segmentation prior to human attempts at comprehension. There is a unity in infinity which has been expressed in these papers as the I AM — the premier postulate of the creature mind. But never can a creature understand how it is that this unity becomes duality, triunity, and diversity while yet remaining an unqualified unity. Man encounters a similar problem when he pauses to contemplate the undivided Deity of Trinity alongside the plural personalization of God.

IMO God can turn many faces towards reality, and these faces are God the Mother, God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit. IMO even the Trinity could be considered God, as well as perhaps a few other beings. I would even throw in the Ancient of Days as personalizations of God. At the end of the day though we can still say there is only one Lord :) because these personalizations all remain unified as one in some mysterious way.

The way I think about this is that at the Infinite level all these arms or branches which are personalizations of God all meet back up at the I AM which would be like the tree trunk. IMO these personalizations are all one being at the highest functional level of reality, yet as this I AM moves downwards we see all these arms spread out as personalizations which could be thought of as branches. So from the bottom looking up it appears that there are these separate Gods yet from the I AM perspective there is just one God spreading downwards in many directions.

Edited by -Scott-, 06 March 2013 - 11:08 AM.

If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#3 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

...The way I think about this is that at the Infinite level all these arms or branches which are personalizations of God all meet back up at the I AM which would be like the tree trunk. IMO these personalizations are all one being at the highest functional level of reality, yet as this I AM moves downwards we see all these arms spread out as personalizations which could be thought of as branches. So from the bottom looking up it appears that there are these separate Gods yet from the I AM perspective there is just one God spreading downwards in many directions.

Yeah, Scott! so it seems to me too! :)

What difencia between the concept of vengeful God, punishing and cruel, with God's Love! no?
“And then will you remember that once again — in the greater spiritual enlightenment of Isaiah’s day — these ten negative commandments were changed into the great and positive law of love, the injunction to love God supremely and your neighbor as yourself. And it is this supreme law of love for God and for man that I also declare to you as constituting the whole duty of man.”(1599.14)

I think it is difficult for humans to understand this! It seems impossible after so many years, do not forget that you are trying, from Machiventa Melchizedek, and still is difficult, that it's been about four thousand years! Actually we have an idea or perception of time that is definitely too short!
But apparently, some people teach these truths which seem premature, one of them was Nordan the Kenite who taught him about the superuniverse and Havona.Nordan and other disciples, apparently were far ahead! as members of the family of Katro.There have always been developed for its time.

(1016.4) 93:3.2 Melchizedek taught the concept of one God, a universal Deity, but he allowed the people to associate this teaching with the Constellation Father of Norlatiadek, whom he termed El Elyon — the Most High. Melchizedek remained all but silent as to the status of Lucifer and the state of affairs on Jerusem. Lanaforge, the System Sovereign, had little to do with Urantia until after the completion of Michael’s bestowal. To a majority of the Salem students Edentia was heaven and the Most High was God.

(
1016.5) 93:3.3 The symbol of the three concentric circles, which Melchizedek adopted as the insignia of his bestowal, a majority of the people interpreted as standing for the three kingdoms of men, angels, and God. And they were allowed to continue in that belief; very few of his followers ever knew that these three circles were emblematic of the infinity, eternity, and universality of the Paradise Trinity of divine maintenance and direction; even Abraham rather regarded this symbol as standing for the three Most Highs of Edentia, as he had been instructed that the three Most Highs functioned as one. To the extent that Melchizedek taught the Trinity concept symbolized in his insignia, he usually associated it with the three Vorondadek rulers of the constellation of Norlatiadek.

(1016.6) 93:3.4 To the rank and file of his followers he made no effort to present teaching beyond the fact of the rulership of the Most Highs of Edentia — Gods of Urantia. But to some, Melchizedek taught advanced truth, embracing the conduct and organization of the local universe, while to his brilliant disciple Nordan the Kenite and his band of earnest students he taught the truths of the superuniverse and even of Havona.

(1016.7) 93:3.5 The members of the family of Katro, with whom Melchizedek lived for more than thirty years, knew many of these higher truths and long perpetuated them in their family, even to the days of their illustrious descendant Moses, who thus had a compelling tradition of the days of Melchizedek handed down to him on this, his father’s side, as well as through other sources on his mother’s side.

Alina

#4 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

What difencia between the concept of vengeful God, punishing and cruel, with God's Love! no?
“And then will you remember that once again — in the greater spiritual enlightenment of Isaiah’s day — these ten negative commandments were changed into the great and positive law of love, the injunction to love God supremely and your neighbor as yourself. And it is this supreme law of love for God and for man that I also declare to you as constituting the whole duty of man.”(1599.14)

I think it is difficult for humans to understand this! It seems impossible after so many years, do not forget that you are trying, from Machiventa Melchizedek, and still is difficult, that it's been about four thousand years! Actually we have an idea or perception of time that is definitely too short!

Yea I am still struggling with even experiencing love at all so I can relate to these barbaric people haha, I can't imagine how they could have figured this all out.
If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#5 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

Thanks Scott!

And it is difficult but possible. Patience :)

(1295.6) 118:1.6 Patience is exercised by those mortals whose time units are short; true maturity transcends patience by a forbearance born of real understanding.

(1295.7) 118:1.7 To become mature is to live more intensely in the present, at the same time escaping from the limitations of the present. The plans of maturity, founded on past experience, are coming into being in the present in such manner as to enhance the values of the future.

(1295.8) 118:1.8 The time unit of immaturity concentrates meaning-value into the present moment in such a way as to divorce the present of its true relationship to the not-present — the past-future. The time unit of maturity is proportioned so to reveal the co-ordinate relationship of past-present-future that the self begins to gain insight into the wholeness of events, begins to view the landscape of time from the panoramic perspective of broadened horizons, begins perhaps to suspect the nonbeginning, nonending eternal continuum, the fragments of which are called time.

(1296.1) 118:1.9 On the levels of the infinite and the absolute the moment of the present contains all of the past as well as all of the future. I AM signifies also I WAS and I WILL BE. And this represents our best concept of eternity and the eternal.

(1296.2) 118:1.10 On the absolute and eternal level, potential reality is just as meaningful as actual reality. Only on the finite level and to time-bound creatures does there appear to be such a vast difference. To God, as absolute, an ascending mortal who has made the eternal decision is already a Paradise finaliter. But the Universal Father, through the indwelling Thought Adjuster, is not thus limited in awareness but can also know of, and participate in, every temporal struggle with the problems of the creature ascent from animallike to Godlike levels of existence.

But then, what would be the highest concept of God that we should experience, Father or I am?

Alina

#6 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

But then, what would be the highest concept of God that we should experience, Father or I am?

Alina

Well I can't speak for everyone. I myself believe that the Adjuster has the highest concept of God possible and IMO slowly but surely we can have his concept of God. I think that discovering more and more of God is the journey of eternity for us though. Even once we have stood in the presence of the Universal Father IMO we will just be stratching the surface. I think we will always have an ever expanding god concept forever and ever.

#7 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

Well I can't speak for everyone. I myself believe that the Adjuster has the highest concept of God possible and IMO slowly but surely we can have his concept of God. I think that discovering more and more of God is the journey of eternity for us though. Even once we have stood in the presence of the Universal Father IMO we will just be stratching the surface. I think we will always have an ever expanding god concept forever and ever.

I agree Scott, I sometimes think that both are valid. First, God is my Father in heaven, my small mind, inferior, can not cover a whole, but is my Father and the Father of all. Moreover, I think that if a fragment of the Father living in me. I am that piece, because without it there could not recognize my Father, as such. If we did not have the divine spark, we would not have the necessary light, to realize the reality that lives in us.
Reality of the "image and likeness"

(1281.4) 117:3.2 The Supreme is the divine channel through which flows the creative infinity of the triodities that crystallizes into the galactic panorama of space, against which takes place the magnificent personality drama of time: the spirit conquest of energy-matter through the mediation of mind.

(1281.5) 117:3.3 Said Jesus: “I am the living way,” and so he is the living way from the material level of self-consciousness to the spiritual level of God-consciousness. And even as he is this living way of ascension from the self to God, so is the Supreme the living way from finite consciousness to transcendence of consciousness, even to the insight of absonity.

(1281.6) 117:3.4 Your Creator Son can actually be such a living channel from humanity to divinity since he has personally experienced the fullness of the traversal of this universe path of progression, from the true humanity of Joshua ben Joseph, the Son of Man, to the Paradise divinity of Michael of Nebadon, the Son of the infinite God. Similarly can the Supreme Being function as the universe approach to the transcendence of finite limitations, for he is the actual embodiment and personal epitome of all creature evolution, progression, and spiritualization. Even the grand universe experiences of the descending personalities from Paradise are that part of his experience which is complemental to his summation of the ascending experiences of the pilgrims of time.

#8 Raymond

Raymond

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Golf, Cooking.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

Alina, we're back to the foreward, whereby definitions on Deity and God are given. We're told we reach religious maturity when we recognize personal Deity after first having an understanding of our personal God. I reiterate that the Universal Father as manifested Personal Paradise Deity personalizes. As God, the Universal Father - we can share a relationship with. Yet, this same God, the Universal Father can also act as Deity. The only way I was able to visualize such divergencies was by picturing one ball of exploding power as the one unified source. Yea, a compression of the Infinite One from the Infinitude as self-recognition. Yet, if you continue to look at this power as it 'flickers' - you'll see the various manifestations of His Deity Powers manifested as the 7 absolutes. For me this satisfies both the maps and the map readers. Never before have we been given such a revelation when distinguishing an Infinite Deity.

#9 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

Alina, we're back to the foreward, whereby definitions on Deity and God are given. For me this satisfies both the maps and the map readers. Never before have we been given such a revelation when distinguishing an Infinite Deity.

Yes, Raymond! :) as this is a subject very controversial, misunderstood, this Orvonton Divine Counselor, Chief of the Corps of superuniverse Personalities, has warned us:

(1.1) 0:0.1 IN THE MINDS of the mortals of Urantia — that being the name of your world — there exists great confusion respecting the meaning of such terms as God, divinity, and deity. Human beings are still more confused and uncertain about the relationships of the divine personalities designated by these numerous appellations. Because of this conceptual poverty associated with so much ideational confusion, I have been directed to formulate this introductory statement in explanation of the meanings which should be attached to certain word symbols as they may be hereinafter used in those papers which the Orvonton corps of truth revealers have been authorized to translate into the English language of Urantia.

(1.2) 0:0.2 It is exceedingly difficult to present enlarged concepts and advanced truth, in our endeavor to expand cosmic consciousness and enhance spiritual perception, when we are restricted to the use of a circumscribed language of the realm. But our mandate admonishes us to make every effort to convey our meanings by using the word symbols of the English tongue. We have been instructed to introduce new terms only when the concept to be portrayed finds no terminology in English which can be employed to convey such a new concept partially or even with more or less distortion of meaning.

Greetings,

Alina

#10 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

It would seem that the Father is this I AM though :). Hence the Father-I AM slogan. So even though the Father bestowed parts of himself out, those different aspects of him, still seem to be "him" IMO. If that makes any sense. The Eternal Son is still a personalization of the Father-I Am, so technically its all still one being with multiple personalizations. At least this is how I read into it.

(1150.13) 104:4.46 The triunities are the functional balance wheel of infinity, the unification of the uniqueness of the Seven Infinity Absolutes. It is the existential presence of the triunities that enables the Father-I AM to experience functional infinity unity despite the diversification of infinity into seven Absolutes. The First Source and Center is the unifying member of all triunities; in him all things have their unqualified beginnings, eternal existences, and infinite destinies — “in him all things consist.”

(1150.14) 104:4.47 Although these associations cannot augment the infinity of the Father-I AM, they do appear to make possible the subinfinite and subabsolute manifestations of his reality. The seven triunities multiply versatility, eternalize new depths, deitize new values, disclose new potentialities, reveal new meanings; and all these diversified manifestations in time and space and in the eternal cosmos are existent in the hypothetical stasis of the original infinity of the I AM.

Edited by -Scott-, 07 March 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#11 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

Alina asks above: "But then, what would be the highest concept of God that we should experience, Father or I am?"

I'm thinking the I AM is the lower concept within the mortal mind (not in any absolute sense but the personal sense). For, do not ALL with mind, personality, and volition experience the I AM ? We may not understand what or who that is or represents as its source. But mortals have an inherent sense of knowledge of the I AM given to each. But the Father Within - Thought Adjuster - personalizes the "relationship" of the me and the He - me as the vessel and He as my creator, parent, and source of the I AM of my realization.

It is insufficient to know of Him with-out us, we must come to know of Him within as well, no? This is not a universe-approach to the facts of Him regarding all that He is - but it is the pilgrim perspective/experience we discuss here and not the universe perspective, isn't it?
Peace be upon you."

#12 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

It is insufficient to know of Him with-out us, we must come to know of Him within as well, no? This is not a universe-approach to the facts of Him regarding all that He is - but it is the pilgrim perspective/experience we discuss here and not the universe perspective, isn't it?

Hi!

I agree Bradly! :) We perceive from the inside, to feel, I think is the most important. Here we talk about what we happen to us either from our experience from the perspective pilgrim or the Universe.

Scott, I think the seven triunities give us more depth to our understanding.
We can observe much about manifestation of the I AM. For me, this cause we get a little closer to the Great I AM, at least intellectually, it becomes more understandable.
Although as stated in the quote, below, do not fully understand its reach to infinity, which is impossible.
I once read that there are many philosophers who were lost, ie, their minds wandered, trying to understand the Whole circle of infinity and eternity.
Wouu, :D we do not make that effort! it could happen as the point 3 Morontia Mota:

(556.5) 48:7.5 3. Inherent capacities cannot be exceeded; a pint can never hold a quart. The spirit concept cannot be mechanically forced into the material memory mold.

(1153.3) 105:1.6 Ever remember that man’s comprehension of the Universal Father is a personal experience. God, as your spiritual Father, is comprehensible to you and to all other mortals; but your experiential worshipful concept of the Universal Father must always be less than your philosophic postulate of the infinity of the First Source and Center, the I AM. When we speak of the Father, we mean God as he is understandable by his creatures both high and low, but there is much more of Deity which is not comprehensible to universe creatures. God, your Father and my Father, is that phase of the Infinite which we perceive in our personalities as an actual experiential reality, but the I AM ever remains as our hypothesis of all that we feel is unknowable of the First Source and Center. And even that hypothesis probably falls far short of the unfathomed infinity of original reality.

#13 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

There is another concept to God that is IMO sort of hidden in the urantia book. The u.b talks about the I AM as this complete original reality.

And even that hypothesis probably falls far short of the unfathomed infinity of original reality.

Experiential deity or mother type deity is not original deity IMO. IMO its a super additive consequence that is added to the original I AM Father. IMO Mother diety was not original deity, but a potential from original deity.

Edited by -Scott-, 07 March 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#14 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

Hi!

Yeah, not experiential but a consequence, a potential, as you say.
Then, go to the source, God as the First Source and Center and as Universal Controller, (the I Am as triune) right?

1153.6) 105:2.1 In considering the genesis of reality, ever bear in mind that all absolute reality is from eternity and is without beginning of existence. By absolute reality we refer to the three existential persons of Deity, the Isle of Paradise, and the three Absolutes. These seven realities are co-ordinately eternal, notwithstanding that we resort to time-space language in presenting their sequential origins to human beings.

(1155.6) 105:3.2 1. The First Source and Center. First Person of Deity and primal nondeity pattern, God, the Universal Father, creator, controller, and upholder; universal love, eternal spirit, and infinite energy; potential of all potentials and source of all actuals; stability of all statics and dynamism of all change; source of pattern and Father of persons. Collectively, all seven Absolutes equivalate to infinity, but the Universal Father himself actually is infinite.

1154.5) 105:2.6 2. The Universal Controller. I AM cause of eternal Paradise. This is the primal impersonal relationship of actualities, the original nonspiritual association. The Universal Father is God-as-love; the Universal Controller is God-as-pattern. This relationship establishes the potential of form — configuration — and determines the master pattern of impersonal and nonspiritual relationship — the master pattern from which all copies are made.

Alina

#15 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

Hi!

Yeah, not experiential but a consequence, a potential, as you say.
Then, go to the source, God as the First Source and Center and as Universal Controller, (the I Am as triune) right?

IMO there is a lot of different types of mother deity. Just like there are many different types of Father deity. IMO God the Mother is the Supreme and from that experiential deity there is a synthesis with existential deity and we get beings like the Infinite Mother Spirit etc. I am not yet sure how all the parts fit together yet, so I am not sure how the Universal Controller fits into everything. But I agree what you mean though, I believe the Father can act as a Universal Controller :). Or as an Infinite upholder, or perhaps even as Eternal Son :blink: IMO the Father-Father designation is a hint that the Father can even act as the Mother on the Infinite level as the Infinite Upholder.

1 - (8:1.2) The first act of the Infinite Spirit is the inspection and recognition of his divine parents, the Father-Father and the Mother-Son

Edited by -Scott-, 07 March 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#16 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

I am not yet sure how all the parts fit together yet, so I am not sure how the Universal Controller fits into everything. But I agree what you mean though, I believe the Father can act as a Universal Controller :). Or as an Infinite upholder, or perhaps even as Eternal Son :blink: IMO the Father-Father designation is a hint that the Father can even act as the Mother on the Infinite level as the Infinite Upholder.

I believe Scott, which of course, there is that relationship that you say, everything is connected, all
circuits working perfectly.
But slowly. :D First, The Universal Controller is God, (not that fits into everything) but, rather, is the Master of everything. Hence derives Creator God.
Then we have the Infinite Upholder, The Infinite Potential, The Infinite Capacity, The Universal One of Infinity. I AM AS I AM.
Is One.

(1154.6) 105:2.7 3. The Universal Creator. I AM one with the Eternal Son. This union of the Father and the Son (in the presence of Paradise) initiates the creative cycle, which is consummated in the appearance of conjoint personality and the eternal universe. From the finite mortal’s viewpoint, reality has its true beginnings with the eternity appearance of the Havona creation. This creative act of Deity is by and through the God of Action, who is in essence the unity of the Father-Son manifested on and to all levels of the actual. Therefore is divine creativity unfailingly characterized by unity, and this unity is the outward reflection of the absolute oneness of the duality of the Father-Son and of the Trinity of the Father-Son-Spirit.

Edited by Alina, 07 March 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#17 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

I believe Scott, which of course, there is that relationship that you say, everything is connected, all
circuits working perfectly.
But slowly. :D First, The Universal Controller is God, (not that fits into everything) but, rather, is the Master of everything. Hence derives Creator God.
Then we have the Infinite Upholder, The Infinite Potential, The Infinite Capacity, The Universal One of Infinity. I AM AS I AM.
Is One.

Yeap and there is an order to this that is really interesting. God is described as being lastly an Infinite Upholder. The Controller aspect seems to come in right before his Upholder facet.

- (1:0.1) THE Universal Father is the God of all creation, the First Source and Center of all things and beings. First think of God as a creator, then as a controller, and lastly as an infinite upholder

105.3 - God, the Universal Father, creator, controller, and upholder;

The authors even give it a number here as the last of those 4 main attributes.

105:2.8.4. The Infinite Upholder. I AM self-associative. This is the primordial association of the statics and potentials of reality. In this relationship, all qualifieds and unqualifieds are compensated. This phase of the I AM is best understood as the Universal Absolute—the unifier of the Deity and the Unqualified Absolutes.

1 - (0:2.12) 1. God the Father—Creator, Controller, and Upholder. The Universal Father, the First Person of Deity.

The authors seem to really emphasis that this Upholder facet is that last main facet of God. IMO the tricky part is trying to figure out how to connect all these different facets of God together.

Edited by -Scott-, 07 March 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#18 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

Thank you! It seems logical, first create, then control the created, and finally must upholder and sustain, or maintain the created, providing Breath ...

The organization and economics of the Universal Father is a model of perfection! :rolleyes:

Greetings,

Alina

#19 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

What is also interesting is that it seems that those last attributes are more and more impersonal. Obviously God as a Universal Father is personal and as a Creator he is personal, but than as a Controller and finally a Upholder IMO those seem to be less personal facets of God, or impersonal.

#20 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

And so .. we are in the God of Love, the highest concept closely linked our deepest feelings to the Father of all beings and things.
:)

The Love of God

(38.6) 2:5.1 “God is love”; therefore his only personal attitude towards the affairs of the universe is always a reaction of divine affection. The Father loves us sufficiently to bestow his life upon us. “He makes his sun to rise on the evil and on the good and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.”

(39.1) 2:5.2 It is wrong to think of God as being coaxed into loving his children because of the sacrifices of his Sons or the intercession of his subordinate creatures, “for the Father himself loves you.” It is in response to this paternal affection that God sends the marvelous Adjusters to indwell the minds of men. God’s love is universal; “whosoever will may come.” He would “have all men be saved by coming into the knowledge of the truth.” He is “not willing that any should perish.”

(39.2) 2:5.3 The Creators are the very first to attempt to save man from the disastrous results of his foolish transgression of the divine laws. God’s love is by nature a fatherly affection; therefore does he sometimes “chasten us for our own profit, that we may be partakers of his holiness.” Even during your fiery trials remember that “in all our afflictions he is afflicted with us.”

(39.3) 2:5.4 God is divinely kind to sinners. When rebels return to righteousness, they are mercifully received, “for our God will abundantly pardon.” “I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins.” “Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us that we should be called the sons of God.”

(39.4) 2:5.5 After all, the greatest evidence of the goodness of God and the supreme reason for loving him is the indwelling gift of the Father — the Adjuster who so patiently awaits the hour when you both shall be eternally made one. Though you cannot find God by searching, if you will submit to the leading of the indwelling spirit, you will be unerringly guided, step by step, life by life, through universe upon universe, and age by age, until you finally stand in the presence of the Paradise personality of the Universal Father.

(39.5) 2:5.6 How unreasonable that you should not worship God because the limitations of human nature and the handicaps of your material creation make it impossible for you to see him. Between you and God there is a tremendous distance (physical space) to be traversed. There likewise exists a great gulf of spiritual differential which must be bridged; but notwithstanding all that physically and spiritually separates you from the Paradise personal presence of God, stop and ponder the solemn fact that God lives within you; he has in his own way already bridged the gulf. He has sent of himself, his spirit, to live in you and to toil with you as you pursue your eternal universe career.

(39.6) 2:5.7 I find it easy and pleasant to worship one who is so great and at the same time so affectionately devoted to the uplifting ministry of his lowly creatures. I naturally love one who is so powerful in creation and in the control thereof, and yet who is so perfect in goodness and so faithful in the loving-kindness which constantly overshadows us. I think I would love God just as much if he were not so great and powerful, as long as he is so good and merciful. We all love the Father more because of his nature than in recognition of his amazing attributes.

(39.7) 2:5.8 When I observe the Creator Sons and their subordinate administrators struggling so valiantly with the manifold difficulties of time inherent in the evolution of the universes of space, I discover that I bear these lesser rulers of the universes a great and profound affection. After all, I think we all, including the mortals of the realms, love the Universal Father and all other beings, divine or human, because we discern that these personalities truly love us. The experience of loving is very much a direct response to the experience of being loved. Knowing that God loves me, I should continue to love him supremely, even though he were divested of all his attributes of supremacy, ultimacy, and absoluteness.

(40.1) 2:5.9 The Father’s love follows us now and throughout the endless circle of the eternal ages. As you ponder the loving nature of God, there is only one reasonable and natural personality reaction thereto: You will increasingly love your Maker; you will yield to God an affection analogous to that given by a child to an earthly parent; for, as a father, a real father, a true father, loves his children, so the Universal Father loves and forever seeks the welfare of his created sons and daughters.

(40.2) 2:5.10 But the love of God is an intelligent and farseeing parental affection. The divine love functions in unified association with divine wisdom and all other infinite characteristics of the perfect nature of the Universal Father. God is love, but love is not God. The greatest manifestation of the divine love for mortal beings is observed in the bestowal of the Thought Adjusters, but your greatest revelation of the Father’s love is seen in the bestowal life of his Son Michael as he lived on earth the ideal spiritual life. It is the indwelling Adjuster who individualizes the love of God to each human soul.

(40.3) 2:5.11 At times I am almost pained to be compelled to portray the divine affection of the heavenly Father for his universe children by the employment of the human word symbol love. This term, even though it does connote man’s highest concept of the mortal relations of respect and devotion, is so frequently designative of so much of human relationship that is wholly ignoble and utterly unfit to be known by any word which is also used to indicate the matchless affection of the living God for his universe creatures! How unfortunate that I cannot make use of some supernal and exclusive term which would convey to the mind of man the true nature and exquisitely beautiful significance of the divine affection of the Paradise Father.

(40.4) 2:5.12 When man loses sight of the love of a personal God, the kingdom of God becomes merely the kingdom of good. Notwithstanding the infinite unity of the divine nature, love is the dominant characteristic of all God’s personal dealings with his creatures.

Love to all!

Alina

Edited by Alina, 07 March 2013 - 08:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users