#41 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

The more we study and learn by experience - the more we are confronted by inner conflicts and moral strugglings. Not sure about protestantism - though I do see it breaking away for a more personal relationship with God than the Catholicism. The river of truth that flows through most established religions is also recognized by the UB. Because of this later teaching, I have become more eclectic than ever before. I feel that these new discoveries are aided by my Thought Adjuster and that my soul is progressing.

I agree with you Raymond!
The Spirit Adjuster is a wise guide and makes free ourselves of many prejudices, much disorientation and confusion.
And so... we progress and grow, step by step ... :)

(1210.6) 110:6.11 As the circles are traversed, the child of material evolution is growing into the mature human of immortal potentiality. The shadowy reality of the embryonic nature of a seventh circler is giving way to the clearer manifestation of the emerging morontia nature of a local universe citizen.

(1460.3) 132:3.10 ...The attainment of perfection of spiritual self-restraint equals completeness of universe freedom and personal liberty. Faith fosters and maintains man’s soul in the midst of the confusion of his early orientation in such a vast universe, whereas prayer becomes the great unifier of the various inspirations of the creative imagination and the faith urges of a soul trying to identify itself with the spirit ideals of the indwelling and associated divine presence.

Greetings,

Alina

Edited by Alina, 28 February 2013 - 08:16 PM.

#42 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Soccer, Movies, Games,

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

Best of luck, Absonite. I like to ask: Is the creator of personality not a person? The Person?

I don't think he is a "person" at least not how we understand that word. Even his presence on Paradise is just a small fraction of him IMO, the adventure to discover more of him will go on forever IMO we will never discover all of this amazing "person" :) and that will keep us excited forever. IMO. IMO it would be a huge mistake to imagine god as some stick man person standing in the center of paradise. That is just what I believe though. IMO God is a "person" in some incredible sense that is beyond anything we could possibly imagine, and IMO he is infinitely more than just this person of the Father in Paradise.

Edited by -Scott-, 28 February 2013 - 08:26 PM.

If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#43 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

Hi!

Please you could explain what mean New Ageism, age discrimination? I have no idea what you're talking about, so I ask and investigate for myself.
You say: One is God,You mean the material self is God?- No, it's just a Recognition that we Really are a Spirit whose temple is the body. It is a way of recognizing the indwelling spirit.It seems that some do not interpret what this mean. There are always people who have trouble understanding this, but not all. So we must be patient and tolerant because we can not rest to something without being able to give something better in return,
If some do not understand the concept of the new age, the less they will understand the UB. not easy, certainly. The concepts are twisted, as so sometimes happens to us about the interpretation of the UB.
Sometimes this concept is misunderstood and confused the meanings, what is ego, our small self,
with the inner self our own Spirit Adjuster. God in us.

But not ...

This would be:

(483.12) 42:12.12 On a material world you think of a body as having a spirit, but we regard the spirit as having a body. The material eyes are truly the windows of the spirit-born soul. The spirit is the architect, the mind is the builder, the body is the material building.

And what means, Do the Will of the Father?

(1431.2) 130:2.7 This was a conference which lasted well into the night, in the course of which the young man requested Jesus to tell him the difference between the will of God and that human mind act of choosing which is also called will. In substance Jesus said: The will of God is the way of God, partnership with the choice of God in the face of any potential alternative. To do the will of God, therefore, is the progressive experience of becoming more and more like God, and God is the source and destiny of all that is good and beautiful and true. The will of man is the way of man, the sum and substance of that which the mortal chooses to be and do. Will is the deliberate choice of aself-conscious being which leads to decision-conduct based on intelligent reflection.

Greetings,

Alina

Edited by Alina, 01 March 2013 - 08:39 AM.

#44 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

Scott - while Father is infinitely more than a person, He is certainly not less, eh? God is the source of person-hood, individualism, personality, and mind, no? You are right in that too many mortals make god in their own image and we have forever made god as small as we must to approach and influence him/them. So making a stick figure of him in the clouds is to be abandoned.

Just discovered text in my UBIS class on the soul an interesting point: the TA, Father fragment and the mortal mind parent cocreate the morontia mind/soul. The God-Within is a profoundly important element of the God-Above and Over-All. So it is also important to not make Him too aloof or remote or grand for our approach. He is much more personal and much more grand - both at the same time. As the Revelation expanded God in exponential ways in all directions, it also makes Him an intimate associate - both source and partner of and by the spirit within, as Alina just wrote. We are partners in the grand adventure and our contribution is important to Father, to the Supreme, and to our immortal soul and our soul is a cocreation experience....if we but learn intimacy with TA.

So, those New Agers seeking a more personal and intimate association with the ALL in-mind should feel the presence and guiding hand of our pilot...if the captain has the will. The will of the Father is the love of others is it not? And the cocreation of the immortal finaliter in mind by cooperation and reduction/elimination of that which interferes - the poisens of mind which tie us to the fetters of the material. Is it not His will that all identify with the spirit more and more while releasing the attachments to our material life and to do so with grace, balance, dignity, confidence, and faith in His purpose, plan, process, and our attachement to Him. His will is for us to honor and accept our potential. We will learn the details of this purpose, plan, process as we reach Mansonia and become ascenders of immortality. For now, the urge and thirst to seek Him is sufficient....for all who act on it that is.

Edited by Bradly aka/fanofVan, 01 March 2013 - 08:41 AM.

Peace be upon you."

#45 Absonite

Absonite

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Studying the cosmotheosophy (the cosmology, theology, and philosophy) taught by the Urantia Book.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

Alina - the suffix -ISM modifies a word to indicate a system. I am applying that suffix to the phrase "New Age" (hence: New Ageism) for referencing the philosohoical system of thought that I have noticed is the general gist of teachers and practitioners in my experience who reference themselves as New Agers.

Earlier in this thread, I outlined the three tenets of New Ageism as taught by that sampling of notable, and popular, authors who I also listed.

I have no doubt that, over the years, other groups beyond North America have adopted the phrase "New Age" and put their own special spin on what it means, as well as the general philosophical tenets associated with it. However, I am not talking about such groups. I am talking about the perspective which came to be popularly known, and popularized, the phrase and the associated philosophy circa ~1980 to 2012

Edited by Absonite, 01 March 2013 - 08:57 AM.

#46 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

Absonite - we are both displaying age-bias-prejudice based on our ages I think. For, to me, the New Age exploded in the 50s and 60s and 70s - from the beats to the hippies to the freaks and the movement was called such due to the acts, behaviors, and changes to the person so engaged. I do not wish to dimminsh any authors or persons you mentioned but pop-psych is NOT New Age...it may be a child of the New Age movement. But New Agers typically act within a search for meaning and place within the meaning and are not looking to feel better about themselves.....but a way to BE and to CHANGE themselves and their/our world.....they seek transformation. It is activism of and in the spirit. It is a religious movement without restraint. You're not new age if you get truth from the afternoon tube or a box of cassettes (yes, I'm even older than them - older than transistor radios). Dissatisfaction and distrust of the main stream and institutions and human authority is the hallmark of this movement. It is reaching beyond the mortal life and acting and changing thereby. I already had been to Mystic Mountain long before the 80s....and many boomers had. Pop-psych is a form of snake oil and feel good about yourself salve for those who seek relief from the viccitudes of their choices. It is easy to find on the bookstore shelf or TV and it offers a placebo effect...for a time. Or so it seems to me.
Peace be upon you."

#47 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

Ah! Then, you have made a change, added that ism ...
As the UB. says, many strange isms ...

Alina

#48 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

Alina - the suffix -ISM modifies a word to indicate a system. I am applying that suffix to the phrase "New Age" (hence: New Ageism) for referencing the philosohoical system of thought that I have noticed is the general gist of teachers and practitioners in my experience who reference themselves as New Agers.

Earlier in this thread, I outlined the three tenets of New Ageism as taught by that sampling of notable, and popular, authors who I also listed.

I have no doubt that, over the years, other groups beyond North America have adopted the phrase "New Age" and put their own special spin on what it means, as well as the general philosophical tenets associated with it. However, I am not talking about such groups. I am talking about the perspective which came to be popularly known, and popularized, the phrase and the associated philosophy circa ~1980 to 2012

Would you say, within that limitation, the 'new age' was the child of the so-called baby boomer generation? And not just the US baby boomers. I've often wondered if the boomers' Adjusters had a group plan that involved helping establish the fifth epoch.

#49 Absonite

Absonite

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Studying the cosmotheosophy (the cosmology, theology, and philosophy) taught by the Urantia Book.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

Bradly - I'm not referring to the pop psych stuff that came out during the 80s and 90s. The teachings and people who respectively popularized and characterized the "New Age Movement" during that time definitely were not writing popular psychology at all. Some were gurus, others channelers, and others various teachers that taught stuff which was never shelved, nor advertised, nor even really appealed to the secular pop psyche group that also was bubbling around at that time.

Edited by Absonite, 01 March 2013 - 09:28 AM.

#50 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

Would you say, within that limitation, the 'new age' was the child of the so-called baby boomer generation? And not just the US baby boomers. I've often wondered if the boomers' Adjusters had group plan that involved helping establish the fifth epoch.

Hi Rick!
Mmmm, I think there must be something about that, because I think that not all people have, yet, the ability to understand the Fifth Revelation, then I wonder, is not that the New Age concepts are intended to be a prior step? or parallel.
Do not forget that the movement is very large and global, these people are contributing (beyond similarities and differences with the UB) but actually contribute to become aware that there is something else ...
Furthermore, it is very striking, for something came through. There is nothing bad, or too strange! ...
The people are on the New Age, I see them eager to give love, with many wishes for positive change,
Let us not forget that there are some that also read the UB.
I do not know how to reconcile some points, but there are, at any rate, advancing.
And this has a value.

Greetings, :)

Alina

PS: Excuse me if something goes wrong but my internet server, there are works intermittently today.

Edited by Alina, 01 March 2013 - 10:50 AM.

#51 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

The theme song for the New Age. (I have never been into astrology but it is the oldest "new" age rage, eh?) Have you seen "Hair" or "JC Superstar"? Google "Rainbow - Family, Gathering, Children". Don't forget The Burning Man. Oh yes, the "new" age is far older than the 80's....wherein the children of the New Agers came of age. The perspective of the time unit. What's old is new again.

When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the age
Of a Aquarius, the age of Aquarius
Aquarius, Aquarius
Harmony and understanding
Sympathy
and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
[- From: http://www.elyrics.net -]
Mystic crystal revelation
And the minds true liberation
Aquarius, Aquarius
When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the age
Of a Aquarius, the age of Aquarius
Aquarius, Aquarius
Lyrics from <a href="http://www.elyrics.n...eLyrics.net</a>

This song was one of the most popular songs of 1969 worldwide, and in the United States it reached the number one position on both the Billboard Hot 100 (for six weeks in April and May)[3] and the Billboard magazine Adult Contemporaries Chart. It also reached the top of the sales charts in Canada and elsewhere. It was also ranked as the #1 single for 1969.[citation needed]
The recording won both the Grammy Award for Record of the Year and Best Pop Vocal Performance by a Group for the Grammy Awards of 1970, after being published on the album The Age of Aquarius by The 5th Dimension, and also being released as a seven-inch vinyl single record.
The lyrics of this song were based on the astrological belief that the world would soon be entering the "Age of Aquarius", an age of love, light, and humanity, unlike the current "Age of Pisces". The exact circumstances for the change are "When the moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars." This change was presumed to occur at the end of the 20th century; however, major astrologers differ extremely widely as to when. Their proposed dates range from 2062 to 2680.[4]
"Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In" was ranked thirty-third on the 2004 AFI's 100 Years...100 Songs.

Peace out baby!! B)
Peace be upon you."

#52 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Let us not forget Brother Bob's anouncement of the New Age either:

Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone
If your time to you
Is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'.

Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'
For the loser now
Will be later to win

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There's a battle outside
And it is ragin'
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand

Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'
And the first one now
Will later be last

The New Agers had anthems for change.

Two, one, two, three, four

Ev'rybody's talking about
Bagism, Shagism, Dragism, Madism,
Ragism, Tagism
This-ism, That-ism, is-m, is-m, is-m

All we are saying is give peace a chance,
All we are saying is give peace a chance

Yeah!
C'mon
Ev'rybody's talking about Ministers,
Sinisters, Banisters
And canisters, Bishops, and Fishops,
And Rabbis, and Pop eyes, Bye, bye, bye byes

Let me tell you now
Ev'rybody's talking about
Revolution, evolution, masturbation,
Flagellation, regulation, integration,
Meditation, United Nations,
Congratulations.

Oh, those were the days my friend, I thought they'd never end...... ;)
Peace be upon you."

#53 Absonite

Absonite

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

Ideas about the dawning of a new age are older than the philosophical perspective of the New Age movement I'm talking about here - just as ideas about true religion are older than the revelation of the Urantia Book. Just as the UB coherently put together the best, and reveals the deepest, understandings about true religion into a comprehensive universe frame - the New Age movement circa 1980 to 2012 put together the various teachings that had come before and crafted them into a systemic philosophical perspective (and even a universe frame of its own) that was remarkably avant guarde for its time - and distinctly recognizable from what had come before.

The point I'm making is not about settling the issue of what came first, which is the oldest, etc...

Instead, the point is that there's a similarity of perspective of writers, teachers, and practitioners during that time period which became popularly known as New Age philosophy (which I here have been calling New Ageism).

And the point I'm also making is that the people who have studied it over the last nearly quarter century, who identify as New Agers in light of those teachings, can indeed find profound benefit from the teachings of the UB - based upon significant similarities and differences.

Edited by Absonite, 01 March 2013 - 12:59 PM.

#54 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

(43.3) 2:7.10 The religious challenge of this age is to those farseeing and forward-looking men and women of spiritual insight who will dare to construct a new and appealing philosophy of living out of the enlarged and exquisitely integrated modern concepts of cosmic truth, universe beauty, and divine goodness. Such a new and righteous vision of morality will attract all that is good in the mind of man and challenge that which is best in the human soul. Truth, beauty, and goodness are divine realities, and as man ascends the scale of spiritual living, these supreme qualities of the Eternal become increasingly co-ordinated and unified in God, who is love.

(43.4) 2:7.11 All truth — material, philosophic, or spiritual — is both beautiful and good. All real beauty — material art or spiritual symmetry — is both true and good. All genuine goodness — whether personal morality, social equity, or divine ministry — is equally true and beautiful. Health, sanity, and happiness are integrations of truth, beauty, and goodness as they are blended in human experience. Such levels of efficient living come about through the unification of energy systems, idea systems, and spirit systems.

(43.5) 2:7.12 Truth is coherent, beauty attractive, goodness stabilizing. And when these values of that which is real are co-ordinated in personality experience, the result is a high order of love conditioned by wisdom and qualified by loyalty. The real purpose of all universe education is to effect the better co-ordination of the isolated child of the worlds with the larger realities of his expanding experience. Reality is finite on the human level, infinite and eternal on the higher and divine levels.
Peace be upon you."

#55 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

(1216.6) 111:1.5 Mortal mind is a temporary intellect system loaned to human beings for use during a material lifetime, and as they use this mind, they are either accepting or rejecting the potential of eternal existence. Mind is about all you have of universe reality that is subject to your will, and the soul — the morontia self — will faithfully portray the harvest of the temporal decisions which the mortal self is making. Human consciousness rests gently upon the electrochemical mechanism below and delicately touches the spirit-morontia energy system above. Of neither of these two systems is the human being ever completely conscious in his mortal life; therefore must he work in mind, of which he is conscious. And it is not so much what mind comprehends as what mind desires to comprehend that insures survival; it is not so much what mind is like as what mind is striving to be like that constitutes spirit identification. It is not so much that man is conscious of God as that man yearns for God that results in universe ascension. What you are today is not so important as what you are becoming day by day and in eternity.

(1218.2) 111:2.4 There are three and not two factors in the evolutionary creation of such an immortal soul. These three antecedents of the morontia human soul are:

(1218.3) 111:2.5 1. The human mind and all cosmic influences antecedent thereto and impinging thereon.

(1218.4) 111:2.6 2. The divine spirit indwelling this human mind and all potentials inherent in such a fragment of absolute spirituality together with all associated spiritual influences and factors in human life.

(1218.5) 111:2.7 3. The relationship between material mind and divine spirit, which connotes a value and carries a meaning not found in either of the contributing factors to such an association. The reality of this unique relationship is neither material nor spiritual but morontial. It is the soul.

It is important that all who seek the Spirit, regardless of terminology or personal journey, be connected in purpose and fraternity. I am so grateful to have the textbook of the cosmos to unify concepts and give us that shared vocabulary mentioned by the Zen master motorcycle mechanic (Nigel). Absonite - I have revisited my youth, thank you, and relived the steep and rocky track of seeking that which I found within. May every seeker be so "lucky" as me. I believe that regardless of terms and concepts, so many have gone so much further with so much less....except this: faith is that which requires no vocabulary, and such is love and all who know love and live thereby, truly know Father....whether they know it or not.

By teaching that the kingdom is within, by exalting the individual, Jesus struck the deathblow of the old society in that he ushered in the new dispensation of true social righteousness. This new order of society the world has little known because it has refused to practice the principles of the gospel of the kingdom of heaven. And when this kingdom of spiritual pre-eminence does come upon the earth, it will not be manifested in mere improved social and material conditions, rather in the glories of those enhanced and enriched spiritual values which are characteristic of the approaching age of improved human relations and advancing spiritual attainments." P.1862 - &sect;8

Jesus is the root of this many branched mustard tree in this New Age.

Edited by Bradly aka/fanofVan, 01 March 2013 - 05:38 PM.

Peace be upon you."

#56 Absonite

Absonite

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

To you New Agers out there who have stumbled across this thread while browsing around, and who have been wondering what all the fuss is about regarding the Urantia Book - I say this:

The cosmological, theological, and philosophical teachings that this book offers is a really wonderful way to continue forward along the path of spiritual growth. The language of the Urantia Book can be challenging at first - and yes, a lot of that language will remind you of Churchianity. But I must honestly tell you: it's not that crusty and dusty institutionalized stuff at all. And I also must honestly admit that you really don't have to take my word about that. Instead, you have check the UB and find out for yourself the fact. Only your personal experience will be able to verify and validate that what the UB offers in an undeniably different, yet also satisfyingly familiar, approach for explaining cosmic issues, and motivating you to continue forward with the progressive cultivation of your metaphysical consciousness. Because that's what the UB is all about: personal experience first and foremost, which subsequently leads to harmonious relationships of all kinds, even unto the highest - the deepest - level of Infinite Being.

All your years of sincere study, practice, and seeking might have brought you into contact with the parable about the Professor and the Master:

A Professor visits the Master's abode - and the Master invites the Professor in to share some tea. While the Master prepares the tea, the Professor begins expounding about all that she knows about religion and spirituality, listing accomplishments, certificates, and rewards received from years of academic training, research, and scholarly performance. The Master simply listens, sets out two cups, and begins pouring the tea as the Professor continues on about how, due to such a fine pedigree, she will quickly learn what the Master has to teach. But then the Professor stops in mid word with a gasp as the tea begins over flowing from the cup into which the Master continues pouring the tea. The Professor tells the Master to stop pouring, because the cup is already full and cannot hold any more tea. And the Master stops pouring, looks up at the Professor with a keen, yet compassionate, gaze, and simply says: "Just as this cup is already full with tea, you are already full. Only an empty cup is ready to hold tea - and even then care must be taken with how much is poured into it at any time. When you have emptied the cup of your mind, and are ready for the warm tea-chings I have prepared for you, I will be here ready to enjoy the experience with you."

That's what I had to do many years ago to arrive at the point that I could receive, and begin making sense, of the tea-chings of the UB.

If you can approach the UB with the cup of your mind ready for the teachings of the UB, I guarantee you will learn about the Master - as well as the rest of the astounding situations and circumstances happening at large in the cosmos - an in addition for motivation to work with deific Gift waiting for you deep within.

I have no doubt that if you've read this far into the thread, and finished reading this post of mine right here, that you're ready.

At this point, you simply have to choose to embark upon the reading adventure with patience, perseverance, and the very best and most positive attitude of the spiritual character you have worked so hard to develop up to this point.

I hope you can discern the sincerity of my appeal to you to come and have some informative fun with us here, in conversation and fellowship, as we take steps together along this amazing path to Paradise.

And, right now, I really don't know how else to say all of that in another way.

Edited by Absonite, 01 March 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#57 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:57 AM

Well said Brother. While both similarities and differences have been given here, I thought it appropriate to add some mota encouragement....for such universal philosophies should appeal and harmonize with all truth seekers of any experience.....or so is my hope.

(556.4) 48:7.4 2. Few persons live up to the faith which they really have. Unreasoned fear is a master intellectual fraud practiced upon the evolving mortal soul.

(556.6) 48:7.6 4. Few mortals ever dare to draw anything like the sum of personality credits established by the combined ministries of nature and grace. The majority of impoverished souls are truly rich, but they refuse to believe it.

(556.7) 48:7.7 5. Difficulties may challenge mediocrity and defeat the fearful, but they only stimulate the true children of the Most Highs.

(556.10) 48:7.10 8. Effort does not always produce joy, but there is no happiness without intelligent effort.

(556.11) 48:7.11 9. Action achieves strength; moderation eventuates in charm.

(556.12) 48:7.12 10. Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth, and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the Infinite.

(556.13) 48:7.13 11. The weak indulge in resolutions, but the strong act. Life is but a day’s work — do it well. The act is ours; the consequences God’s.

(556.14) 48:7.14 12. The greatest affliction of the cosmos is never to have been afflicted. Mortals only learn wisdom by experiencing tribulation.

(557.2) 48:7.18 16. You cannot perceive spiritual truth until you feelingly experience it, and many truths are not really felt except in adversity.

(557.8) 48:7.24 22. The evolving soul is not made divine by what it does, but by what it strives to do.

(557.10) 48:7.26 24. The destiny of eternity is determined moment by moment by the achievements of the day by day living. The acts of today are the destiny of tomorrow.

(63.3) 5:1.5 However Urantia mortals may differ in their intellectual, social, economic, and even moral opportunities and endowments, forget not that their spiritual endowment is uniform and unique. They all enjoy the same divine presence of the gift from the Father, and they are all equally privileged to seek intimate personal communion with this indwelling spirit of divine origin, while they may all equally choose to accept the uniform spiritual leading of these Mystery Monitors.

(63.4) 5:1.6 If mortal man is wholeheartedly spiritually motivated, unreservedly consecrated to the doing of the Father’s will, then, since he is so certainly and so effectively spiritually endowed by the indwelling and divine Adjuster, there cannot fail to materialize in that individual’s experience the sublime consciousness of knowing God and the supernal assurance of surviving for the purpose of finding God by the progressive experience of becoming more and more like him.

(63.5) 5:1.7 Man is spiritually indwelt by a surviving Thought Adjuster. If such a human mind is sincerely and spiritually motivated, if such a human soul desires to know God and become like him, honestly wants to do the Father’s will, there exists no negative influence of mortal deprivation nor positive power of possible interference which can prevent such a divinely motivated soul from securely ascending to the portals of Paradise.

(63.6) 5:1.8 The Father desires all his creatures to be in personal communion with him. He has on Paradise a place to receive all those whose survival status and spiritual nature make possible such attainment. Therefore settle in your philosophy now and forever: To each of you and to all of us, God is approachable, the Father is attainable, the way is open; the forces of divine love and the ways and means of divine administration are all interlocked in an effort to facilitate the advancement of every worthy intelligence of every universe to the Paradise presence of the Universal Father.

May all believers in the better WAY....Fear not, love one another, seek the spirit within. And all else will come in its way and in its time. Peace be unto all.
Peace be upon you."

#58 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER !! :rolleyes:

5. The Eternal and Divine Purpose

(364.3) 32:5.1 There is a great and glorious purpose in the march of the universes through space. All of your mortal struggling is not in vain. We are all part of an immense plan, a gigantic enterprise, and it is the vastness of the undertaking that renders it impossible to see very much of it at any one time and during any one life. We are all a part of an eternal project which the Gods are supervising and outworking. The whole marvelous and universal mechanism moves on majestically through space to the music of the meter of the infinite thought and the eternal purpose of the First Great Source and Center.

(364.4) 32:5.2 The eternal purpose of the eternal God is a high spiritual ideal. The events of time and the struggles of material existence are but the transient scaffolding which bridges over to the other side, to the promised land of spiritual reality and supernal existence. Of course, you mortals find it difficult to grasp the idea of an eternal purpose; you are virtually unable to comprehend the thought of eternity, something never beginning and never ending. Everything familiar to you has an end.

(364.5) 32:5.3 As regards an individual life, the duration of a realm, or the chronology of any connected series of events, it would seem that we are dealing with an isolated stretch of time; everything seems to have a beginning and an end. And it would appear that a series of such experiences, lives, ages, or epochs, when successively arranged, constitutes a straightaway drive, an isolated event of time flashing momentarily across the infinite face of eternity. But when we look at all this from behind the scenes, a more comprehensive view and a more complete understanding suggest that such an explanation is inadequate, disconnected, and wholly unsuited properly to account for, and otherwise to correlate, the transactions of time with the underlying purposes and basic reactions of eternity.
Peace be upon you."

#59 Howard509

Howard509

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

Is there any book about Jesus from a new age perspective that is comparable in depth of insight to the Urantia Book?

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience. -
Teilhard de Chardin

#60 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

It would seem unlikely since the UB Part IV was authored by contemporary witnesses to His life among us. Can or do any others make such a claim? The Jesusonian wisdom contained within the gospels revealed by parables, prayers, beatitudes, sayings, and teachings have been well studied and there is much interesting to be found therein. But as to the story of His life, we have that most complete and compelling story before us today. And in relational context to the Father and the universes of infinity and eternity within which are the realms of time and space. You're looking for something more?
Peace be upon you."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users