• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Absonite

Absonite

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Studying the cosmotheosophy (the cosmology, theology, and philosophy) taught by the Urantia Book.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

I'm starting this thread for discussion about Paradise - since the UB is very unique when it comes to including this revelation about what Paradise is.

And because we've been touching on it in other threads lately with various topics. Paradise can stand as a topic unto itself, to me.

Edited by Absonite, 12 February 2013 - 11:14 AM.

#2 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

Paper 11

The Eternal Isle of Paradise

(118.1) 11:0.1 PARADISE is the eternal center of the universe of universes and the abiding place of the Universal Father, the Eternal Son, the Infinite Spirit, and their divine co-ordinates and associates. This central Isle is the most gigantic organized body of cosmic reality in all the master universe. Paradise is a material sphere as well as a spiritual abode. All of the intelligent creation of the Universal Father is domiciled on material abodes; hence must the absolute controlling center also be material, literal. And again it should be reiterated that spirit things and spiritual beings are real.

(118.2) 11:0.2 The material beauty of Paradise consists in the magnificence of its physical perfection; the grandeur of the Isle of God is exhibited in the superb intellectual accomplishments and mind development of its inhabitants; the glory of the central Isle is shown forth in the infinite endowment of divine spirit personality — the light of life. But the depths of the spiritual beauty and the wonders of this magnificent ensemble are utterly beyond the comprehension of the finite mind of material creatures. The glory and spiritual splendor of the divine abode are impossible of mortal comprehension. And Paradise is from eternity; there are neither records nor traditions respecting the origin of this nuclear Isle of Light and Life.

1. The Divine Residence

(118.3) 11:1.1 Paradise serves many purposes in the administration of the universal realms, but to creature beings it exists primarily as the dwelling place of Deity. The personal presence of the Universal Father is resident at the very center of the upper surface of this well-nigh circular, but not spherical, abode of the Deities. This Paradise presence of the Universal Father is immediately surrounded by the personal presence of the Eternal Son, while they are both invested by the unspeakable glory of the Infinite Spirit.

(118.4) 11:1.2 God dwells, has dwelt, and everlastingly will dwell in this same central and eternal abode. We have always found him there and always will. The Universal Father is cosmically focalized, spiritually personalized, and geographically resident at this center of the universe of universes.

Edited by Bradly aka/fanofVan, 12 February 2013 - 12:12 PM.

Peace be upon you."

#3 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Soccer, Movies, Games,

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Paradise has no dimenions, 0 dimensional. IMO all matter on paradise is at rest.
If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#4 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

Paradise has no dimenions, 0 dimensional. IMO all matter on paradise is at rest.

no movement, no time. - Infinity
Movement is measured with time. IMHO that is the way of reaching Infinity. But I'm looking it from 4D so my opinion is really low viewpoint
Peace be upon you

#5 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

Hi all!

How that the Paradise has no dimensions? It's enormous, gigantic! :D
That does not take place in space, does not mean that Paradise does not have dimensions. I think it has some dimension, not spacetime. Although this is infinite.

(152.1) 14:0.1 THE perfect and divine universe occupies the center of all creation; it is the eternal core around which the vast creations of time and space revolve. Paradise is the gigantic nuclear Isle of absolute stability which rests motionless at the very heart of the magnificent eternal universe. This central planetary family is called Havona and is far-distant from the local universe of Nebadon. It is of enormous dimensions and almost unbelievable mass and consists of one billion spheres of unimagined beauty and superb grandeur, but the true magnitude of this vast creation is really beyond the understanding grasp of the human mind.

(152.2) 14:0.2 This is the one and only settled, perfect,and established aggregation of worlds. This is a wholly created and perfect universe; it is not an evolutionary development. This is the eternal core of perfection, about which swirls that endless procession of universes which constitute the tremendous evolutionary experiment, the audacious adventure of the Creator Sons of God, who aspire to duplicate in time and to reproduce in space the pattern universe, the ideal of divine completeness, supreme finality, ultimate reality, and eternal perfection.

Greetings,

Alina

Edited by Alina, 12 February 2013 - 06:17 PM.

#6 Louis aka loucol

Louis aka loucol

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Science Philosophy and Religion as they relate to The Urantia Book

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

Hi All:

Paradise is the geographic center of Infinity.

The ultimaton has Paradise as its nucleus. Motion is not Paradise but Paradise is the focus of motion.

The nucleus of the ultimaton is the geographic center of Infinity. The spiral motion of the ultimaton is to and from infinity.

Paradise is the focus of space. Space is a system of associated points. The totality of space motion focuses on Paradise.

The totality of space respiration destroys motion as a local time source. Time cannot be an operator in equations of motion because time cannot measure motion. Time and motion cannot be separated. Motion can only be evaluated by a referent at complete rest, Paradise. We cannot accurately measure motion. We can only approximate measurements of motion by using very fast motion (clock) to measure much slower motion, ie, the speed of a car by the speed of a vibrating quartz crystal.

We cannot penetrate the quantum level because our clocks are too slow to measure these high curvature motions. We cannot measure accurately cosmic distances because we are using light to measure light years. We would require a clock (motion) many orders faster than light to get greater accuracy. The Andromeda discrepancy may very well be another way that TUB is telling us that our error of measurements of distance is nearly a factor of 2.4 at those distances.

Only Paradise can be used as a reference point, being the absolute of time and space and, therefore, the absolute of motion.

Regards, Louis

Edited by Louis aka loucol, 12 February 2013 - 07:21 PM.

His Will Be Done

#7 Absonite

Absonite

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Studying the cosmotheosophy (the cosmology, theology, and philosophy) taught by the Urantia Book.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

Caveat

I'm going to use an analogy I recently have been using elsewhere - wrap it up in a paradox - and use them to point at an explanation to make sense of often puzzling aspects about Paradise.

But when it comes to giving anyone any facts about Paradise - this explanation will fail.
That's right - this explanation is going to fail to give anyone any facts about Paradise.

Why?

Both because the explanation is an analogy that is based upon comparisons, not experience - and because I am not convinced that the languages of this world have the ability adequately to do what I'm going to try to make it do. There's also another reason that it will fail, but it has to do with people's respective approaches as I've discussed before. Anyone who wants their explanations delivered as a story more than likely will be dissatisfied with this explanation, because this explanation does not tell a story. And it also doesn't really provide a map per se. However, what I'm going to attempt to do here more than likely will make quicker sense to map readers than story readers.

So all ye have been forewarned.

As mentioned before:

1. Maps symbolically represent territories. However, a map is not the same as the territory which that map represents. Reading a map is not the same as, and does not substitute for, the experience of adventuring through the territory which that map references;

2. Time is not inherent in maps. Time only is inherent to the map reader perusing a map. i.e. attention moving from point to point on a map instantaneously happens. Time only exists relative to the record of the sequence of points that map readers make while perusing a map;

3. Space also is not inherent in maps. Yes, maps can symbolically depict ultra small, and ultra vast, spaces according to various scale. And yes, the scale of a map is a system of associated conceptual points that thus eventuates mental space - however, such mental space can be instantaneously traversed. And the points of a map (and especially a map explanation that depicts a situation of ideas, ideals, concepts, relationships, etc...) can be considered-viewed with the mind all at once. So, as with time, space only is inherent to the map reader perusing a map.

Now - if you don't get those three points, then right now I'm sincerely not sure that I can explain it such that you can get it.
However, if you do get those three points, then what I'm going to say next might be very interesting indeed:

Paradise simultaneously is the absolute map - and - its own absolute territory.

Paradise is the one and only exception to the rule that the "map is not the territory". Paradise is the one and only map that, when "read", also gives one the experience of the territory - and also is perused by map readers just as other maps are persued.

That's the paradox of this analogy.

*And be clear here: I am not saying that Paradise represents anything beyond it (or that anything beyond Paradise represents it).
Again: just as Paradise is the absolute map it also is the absolute territory which it references.

Paradise is self-referential in a complete conundrum that only ever can be factually and truly worked out with direct experience.

And - considering that in light of those three points I just outlined above - some of you might be able to get where I'm coming from here about how this explanation approaches (even though it fails when it comes to delivering facts) making sense of how time and space are not inherent to Paradise (just as time and space are not inherent to maps) but can be known by those who inhabit Paradise - so this explanation approaches making sense of how one can be at any point, instantly teleporting from point to point, on Paradise without "moving through space" or "moving through time" (just as a map reader does with a map) - and thus this explanation also approaches making sense of how Paradise can have different points all over it which do not make it either a spatial or temporal place.

That's my best shot here to date at taking a crack at explaining this with all the shortcomings of this language, and my lack of direct experience, folks.

Now hopefully one of the story tellers can provide something similar that will be intriguing to people who prefer using the other approach.

* Note: I am very well aware that Paradise is said to represent nothing, and nothing represents Paradise. What I'm doing here simply is affirming the positively phrased inverse of that statement and making it an exclusive paradox for Paradise. i.e. Paradise represents Paradise, and only Paradise can represent Paradise.

Edited by Absonite, 13 February 2013 - 04:07 PM.

#8 Louis aka loucol

Louis aka loucol

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

Hi Absonite:

I see exactly what you mean. It is what I have felt but was unable put into words. Bravo!

Regards, Louis
His Will Be Done

#9 Nigel Nunn

Nigel Nunn

Poster

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

That's my best shot here to date at taking a crack at explaining this with all the shortcomings of this language, and my lack of direct experience, folks.

And a fine shot it is!

So, armed with this fresh insight into Paradise presence, can we make some headway regarding the relationship of the I Am to His Paradisaical qualification? I'll try to get back to this in the next few days.

Absonite - thank you for such contributions!

Nigel

#10 Louis aka loucol

Louis aka loucol

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

Hi all!

How that the Paradise has no dimensions? It's enormous, gigantic! :D
That does not take place in space, does not mean that Paradise does not have dimensions. I think it has some dimension, not spacetime. Although this is infinite.

Greetings,

Alina

I think Alina has brought up an very important attribute of Paradise, its gigantic non dimensional dimensionality. :wacko:

Paradise is exclusive.

Gigantic Paradise fits quite nicely in the nucleus of the tiny ultimation. Space is not an issue. Being exclusive, Paradise is everywhere and anywhere time-space is excluded. IMO, this is at the center of motion, which is stationary.

Paradise is the center of gravity.

Paradise has a pulsating heart. Gravity, energies, forces, IMO, must pulsate from Paradise. Gravity must fluctuate. This gravitational fluctuation is what can explain the eternal ellipse. We do not have to search for any other force at the 'ghost' foci of the elliptical orbit. Only a single fluctuating force can explain the ellipse. Thus far science believes gravity is a function of mass and that mass curves space. TUB tells us that gravity is a function of the source of mass, Paradise. Gravity is the sole control of energy-matter.

TUB describes space as moving in a spiral fashion. TUB also states that time and space are not separable. This leads me to think that time must also be spiral, circular, elliptical. Our current theory proposes that space is curved and time is linear. TUB is telling us that space is orthogonal but moves in a curve and that time is nonlinear. Curved time is analogous to linear time dilation, no? Is TUB correcting some fundamental errors for us? :rolleyes:

Regards, Louis
His Will Be Done

#11 Absonite

Absonite

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

I just thought of something else....

Space begins right above the image of a map...
And time begins when you start moving your feet on the ground below it, going on the adventure...

Do they not?

(winks)

Edited by Absonite, 13 February 2013 - 06:10 PM.

#12 Louis aka loucol

Louis aka loucol

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

Space begins just below Paradise and time just above, no? Why this would be I can't understand since time and space are inseparable yet Paradise separates them. They must join at in the semi quiescent space zones, I don't know. :wacko:
His Will Be Done

#13 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

Where does it say that space moves in a spiral fashion? I haven't read that. I do think space motion is curved and circular and the following quote does say that time is cyclical and circular. But I haven't seen the word spiral used except when talking about nebulae.

130:7.5 Animals do not sense time as does man, and even to man, because of his sectional and circumscribed view, time appears as a succession of events; but as man ascends, as he progresses inward, the enlarging view of this event procession is such that it is discerned more and more in its wholeness. That which formerly appeared as a succession of events then will be viewed as a whole and perfectly related cycle; in this way will circular simultaneity increasingly displace the onetime consciousness of the linear sequence of events.

#14 Absonite

Absonite

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

All I know is that when I get there, I want a residence with a view.
Preferably one with a "glass" floor that lets me "look" right down into Nether Paradise - and a skylight that lets me look up into unpervaded space.

(winks)

#15 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

I think Alina has brought up an very important attribute of Paradise, its gigantic non dimensional dimensionality. :wacko:

Paradise is exclusive.

Gigantic Paradise fits quite nicely in the nucleus of the tiny ultimation. Space is not an issue. Being exclusive, Paradise is everywhere and anywhere time-space is excluded. IMO, this is at the center of motion, which is stationary.

Paradise is the center of gravity.

Paradise has a pulsating heart. Gravity, energies, forces, IMO, must pulsate from Paradise. Gravity must fluctuate. This gravitational fluctuation is what can explain the eternal ellipse. We do not have to search for any other force at the 'ghost' foci of the elliptical orbit. Only a single fluctuating force can explain the ellipse. Thus far science believes gravity is a function of mass and that mass curves space. TUB tells us that gravity is a function of the source of mass, Paradise. Gravity is the sole control of energy-matter.

TUB describes space as moving in a spiral fashion. TUB also states that time and space are not separable. This leads me to think that time must also be spiral, circular, elliptical. Our current theory proposes that space is curved and time is linear. TUB is telling us that space is orthogonal but moves in a curve and that time is nonlinear. Curved time is analogous to linear time dilation, no? Is TUB correcting some fundamental errors for us? :rolleyes:

Hi to all!

Right Louis! :)

Paradise gravity is very moving, the look from where we the look, whether scientific, philosophical or spiritual.
For me an analogy would be for example the ultimaton.

(467.4) 42:1.2 Matter — energy — for they are but diverse manifestations of the same cosmic reality, as a universe phenomenon is inherent in the Universal Father. “In him all things consist.” Matter may appear to manifest inherent energy and to exhibit self-contained powers, but the lines of gravity involved in the energies concerned in all these physical phenomena are derived from, and are dependent on, Paradise. The ultimaton, the first measurable form of energy, has Paradise as its nucleus.

Where I find the analogy? I think it's clear:
We have a physical body and energy, or better, electrochemical, therefore I am "a cosmic reality" and I have kept in mind potential for upgrading. I am still attracted to Paradise gravity and depend on this attraction to remain.To be.
The ultimaton has its nucleus in Paradise right?
I have my core in the Spirit Thought Adjuster. I Am.

Each analyzed according to the glass of your choice. :blink: :) Okay so be it.

(1137.4) 103:6.14 When the philosophy of man leans heavily toward the world of matter, it becomes rationalistic or naturalistic. When philosophy inclines particularly toward the spiritual level, it becomes idealistic or even mystical. When philosophy is so unfortunate as to lean upon metaphysics, it unfailingly becomes skeptical, confused. In past ages, most of man’s knowledge and intellectual evaluations have fallen into one of these three distortions of perception. Philosophy dare not project its interpretations of reality in the linear fashion of logic; it must never fail to reckon with the elliptic symmetry of reality and with the essential curvature of all relation concepts.

(1138.2) 103:7.4 The union of the scientific attitude and the religious insight by the mediation of experiential philosophy is part of man’s long Paradise-ascension experience. The approximations of mathematics and the certainties of insight will always require the harmonizing function of mind logic on all levels of experience short of the maximum attainment of the Supreme.

Greetings,

Alina

#16 Louis aka loucol

Louis aka loucol

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

Where does it say that space moves in a spiral fashion? I haven't read that. I do think space motion is curved and circular and the following quote does say that time is cyclical and circular. But I haven't seen the word spiral used except when talking about nebulae.

130:7.5 Animals do not sense time as does man, and even to man, because of his sectional and circumscribed view, time appears as a succession of events; but as man ascends, as he progresses inward, the enlarging view of this event procession is such that it is discerned more and more in its wholeness. That which formerly appeared as a succession of events then will be viewed as a whole and perfectly related cycle; in this way will circular simultaneity increasingly displace the onetime consciousness of the linear sequence of events.

Yes Bonita, it is true that TUB does not use the word spiral specifically, but the primary and secondary motions of space combine to form a spiral motion. The primary motion is space respiration and the secondary motion is circular elliptical. The two motion are simultaneous and form a spiral that cycles, spiraling in and spiraling out, as space respires. Spirals can of course spiral in counter directions as does the space levels of the Master Universe. Incidentally, the spiral and the ellipse are related structures although not readily apparent. There is a continuous change in curvature as one courses an ellipse just as a cycling spiral continuously increases and decrease its curvature as it cycles.

Regards, Louis

Edited by Louis aka loucol, 13 February 2013 - 07:39 PM.

His Will Be Done

#17 Louis aka loucol

Louis aka loucol

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Hi Alina:

The dimensionality of Paradise is confusing to me and that is why I uses a confused and perplexed yellow face. I am inclined to agree with you that if there is a dimensionality to Paradise that it must be either zero or infinite. But my finite mind cannot place either of those into my conceptual box. I guess that we will have to wait patiently the eons and ages of the ascension till we arrive.

I too have plans for a room with a view.

Regards, Louis
His Will Be Done

#18 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Yes... Louis, thanks ...

Me neither (or anyone) can mentally embrace the enormity of Paradise. but that does not mean it has no dimension,of some form; at least this is what the quote says:

(152.1) 14:0.1...It is of enormous dimensions and almost unbelievable mass and consists of one billion spheres of unimagined beauty and superb grandeur, but the true magnitude of this vast creation is really beyond the understanding grasp of the human mind.

Alina

#19 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

Ah! Louis I turned on the lamp! :)
We are saying the same thing because infinite dimension = zero. :rolleyes:

I liked this "I too have plans for a room with a view." and Absonite views, because:

(163.1) 14:6.39 Paradise is the home, and Havona the workshop and playground, of the finaliters. And every God-knowing mortal craves to be a finaliter

Alina

Edited by Alina, 13 February 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#20 Louis aka loucol

Louis aka loucol

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Yes Alina, I quess one could consider zero as the 'other' infinite; the infinite small as opposed the the other pole of infinity, the infinitely large.

Paradise being absolute, I would think encompasses both infinities.

Regards, Louis
His Will Be Done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users