"Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" ????

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_EEB aka AASB-AWSW_*

Guest_EEB aka AASB-AWSW_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

I noticed the following UB quote which is attributed to Jesus telling Thomas some interesting things which He instructs him (Thomas) to not tell the others.

The underlined portion below strikes an interesting thought which spawned the title of this topic. Why would Jesus use this, where the Son's are from "far" and the Daugters are from "the ends of the earth" -- So, what is the difference and why did they come from different places?

(1661.1) 148:4.10 “Thomas, have you not read about this in the Scriptures, where it is written: ‘You are the children of the Lord your God.’ ‘I will be his Father and he shall be my son.’ ‘I have chosen him to be my son — I will be his Father.’ ‘Bring my sons from far and my daughters from the ends of the earth; even every one who is called by my name, for I have created them for my glory.’ ‘You are the sons of the living God.’ ‘They who have the spirit of God are indeed the sons of God.’ While there is a material part of the human father in the natural child, there is a spiritual part of the heavenly Father in every faith son of the kingdom.”

(1661.2) 148:4.11 All this and much more Jesus said to Thomas, and much of it the apostle comprehended, although Jesus admonished him to “speak not to the others concerning these matters until after I shall have returned to the Father.” And Thomas did not mention this interview until after the Master had departed from this world.

Edited by EEB aka AASB-AWSW, 15 January 2013 - 07:27 PM.

#2 Coop

Coop

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

HI Brother EEB aka AASB AWAW

Its From Isaiah 43.6

http://biblesuite.com/isaiah/43-6.htm

Isaiah 43:6 I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth; Posted Image
bring

Isaiah 18:7 In that time shall the present be brought to the LORD of hosts of a people scattered and peeled...

Jeremiah 3:14, 18, 19 Turn, O backsliding children, said the LORD; for I am married to you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family...

Hosea 1:10, 11 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered...

Romans 9:7, 8, 25, 26 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall your seed be called...

2 Corinthians 6:17, 18 Why come out from among them, and be you separate, said the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you...

Galatians 3:26-29 For you are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus...

Basicly , The Bottom Line Is That GOD Wants All His Children Gather'd Together
In / For His Glory From The Ends of The World .
Albeit the Christians and Jews Would Say Its Only The So Called
'' Chosen Ones '' Or ''The Elect '' .

Edited by Coop, 15 January 2013 - 08:14 PM.

#3 Coop

Coop

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

http://biblesuite.co...ronomy/30-4.htm

Deuteronomy 30:4 If any of your be driven out to the outmost parts of heaven, from there will the LORD your God gather you, and from there will he fetch you: Posted Image
unto

Deuteronomy 28:64 And the LORD shall scatter you among all people, from the one end of the earth even to the other; and there you shall serve other gods...

Nehemiah 1:9 But if you turn to me, and keep my commandments, and do them; though there were of you cast out to the uttermost part of the heaven...

Isaiah 11:11-16 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people...

Ezekiel 39:25-29 Therefore thus said the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy on the whole house of Israel...

Zephaniah 3:19, 20 Behold, at that time I will undo all that afflict you: and I will save her that halts, and gather her that was driven out...

thence will the As this promise refers to a return from a captivity among all nations, consequently it cannot be exclusively the Babylonish captivity which is intended; and the repossession of their land must be different from that which was consequent on their return from Babylon. Nor at that period could it be said that they were multiplied more than their fathers, or, as the Hebrew imports, made greater than their fathers, when after their return they were tributary to the Persians, and afterwards fell under the power of the Greeks, under whom they suffered much; nor have their hearts, as a nation, yet been circumcised.
Posted Image Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
Even if your exiles are at the ends of the earth, He will gather you and bring you back from there.
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"If your outcasts are at the ends of the earth, from there the LORD your God will gather you, and from there He will bring you back.
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee:

Edited by Coop, 15 January 2013 - 08:19 PM.

#4 Coop

Coop

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

Posted ImageOur LibraryCommentariesJohn Gill's Exposition of the BibleIsaiahIsaiah 43Isaiah 43:6

Isaiah 43:6

Isaiah 43:6
I will say to the north, give up: and to the south, keep not
back
That is, give up, and not retain, those that belong to the Lord; here the winds are spoken to by a personification; or the inhabitants of the northern and southern climates are called upon to deliver up the Lord's people to him, for whose sake the Gospel was sent into these parts, to find them out, and bring them home; by the "north" may be meant the Goths, Swedes, Muscovites, and those northern isles of ours, with others; and by the "south" the Egyptians, Africans, and Ethiopians. Manasseh ben Israel F8 thinks the passage is thus expressed, which he supposes refers to the universal gathering of the Jews in the latter day to the holy land; because Media, Persia, and China, lie to the east of it; Tartary and Scythia to the north; the kingdom of the Abyssines to the south; and Europe to the west: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;
such whom the Lord had predestinated to the adoption of children, and had taken into his family, and whom he regenerated by his Spirit and grace, of either sex; to whom he beareth the strongest love and affection, as a parent to his children; and of whom he takes the utmost care, so that not one shall be lost; let them be in ever so distant a part of the world, he will send his Gospel to them, his ministers after them, and his Spirit shall accompany them, to bring them to himself, his Son, and his churches. Manasseh, before mentioned, understands this of America, and of the Jews there; but may be much better applied to converted Gentiles there; for God has many sons and daughters in those parts.FOOTNOTES:

F8 Spes Israelis, sect. 24. p. 76.

< Isaiah 43:5 Isaiah 43:7 >

Read Isaiah 43:6

#5 Coop

Coop

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Duane Faw's Paramony
Urantia Book References for Books of the Bible

http://www.gailallen...s/Isaiah_1.html

Isaiah 43:06-07 1661:07-09 148:04.10/06-09 I created them for my glory R

1661:1, 148:4.10 "Thomas, have you not read about this in the Scriptures, where it is written: `You are the children of the Lord your God.' `I will be his Father and he shall be my son.' `I have chosen him to be my son -- I will be his Father.' `Bring my sons from far and my daughters from the ends of the earth; even every one who is called by my name, for I have created them for my glory.' `You are the sons of the living God.' `They who have the spirit of God are indeed the sons of God.' While there is a material part of the human father in the natural child, there is a spiritual part of the heavenly Father in every faith son of the kingdom."

Edited by Coop, 15 January 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#6 Guest_EEB aka AASB-AWSW_*

• Guests

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Great posts to the topic Coop, thank you; also within your contribution I found interesting parallels to other areas of the UB; one which I found outside the UB and seems to also follow this topic is the “Navajo, Creation story” which I found presented on the following site: http://en.wikipedia....Diné_Bahaneʼ
— where in the narration of the “The First World”, which IMO seems to describe Paradise central Isle; although slightly different from the UB’s narrations but does seem to parallel the UB’s sectioning of Paradise with North, East, South and West areas; not to mention the upper and nether paradise which follows along the UB quote: (120.3) 11:2.11 Roughly: space seemingly originates just below nether Paradise; time just above upper Paradise. . . . .

Paradise central Isle — might be described in the opening sentence of “The First World” narration: “Of a time long ago these things are said. The first world was small, and black as wool. In the middle of the four seas there was an island floating in the mist. On the island grew a pine tree.” Also: “Around the floating island were four seas. Each sea was ruled by a being. In the sea to the East dwelled Tééhoołtsódii, Big Water Creature, The One Who Grabs Things in the Water. In the sea to the south lived Táłtłʼááh álééh, Blue Heron. In the sea to the west dwelled Chʼał, Frog. In the ocean to the north dwelled Iiʼniʼ Jiłgaii, White Thunder.”

Then which follows relates to this topic where: “Above each sea appeared a cloud. There was a black cloud, a white cloud, a blue cloud, and a yellow cloud. The Black Cloud contained the Female spirit of Life. The White Cloud contained the Male spirit of Dawn.”

The remaining Navajo creation story goes into many details which parallel the Biblical creation story and in much of the details seem to have inference to UB parallels as well.

But the main reason for bringing this topic up is that even though the UB does reference that sonship can be inferred as there being no difference between male or female, it does separate and makes a distinction between male and female entities in the UB. Even Adam and Eve were prepared for their sojourn on Urantia and made Male and Female and with distinctly different natures. Therefore, as we all might seem to agree, there is a difference between male and female beings on Urantia and it might have something to do with that they had different origins?

Edited by EEB aka AASB-AWSW, 17 January 2013 - 11:05 AM.

#7 Absonite

Absonite

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Studying the cosmotheosophy (the cosmology, theology, and philosophy) taught by the Urantia Book.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

Different origins?

What different origins?

And how exactly does acknowledging female and male differences lead to males and females having different origins?

Edited by Absonite, 20 January 2013 - 08:54 AM.

#8 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Soccer, Movies, Games,

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

Our personality comes from the personality circuit of the Universal Father this personality can be placed either a male or female self it does not matter. The male or female self comes from this earth. There is no such thing as a male personality or female personality IMO. Though we will retain a self that is somewhat male or female.
If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#9 brooklyn_born

brooklyn_born

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Interests:Urantia, Bible, mysticism, metaphysics, computers.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Our personality comes from the personality circuit of the Universal Father this personality can be placed either a male or female self it does not matter. The male or female self comes from this earth. There is no such thing as a male personality or female personality IMO. Though we will retain a self that is somewhat male or female.

boom, what is your opinion on the following reference? To me the revelator is declaring that the personality trends, male and female, persist even up to Paradise and beyond.

84:6.6 Men and women need each other in their morontial and spiritual as well as in their
mortal careers. The differences in viewpoint between male and female persist even
beyond the first life and throughout the local and superuniverse ascensions. And even in
Havona, the pilgrims who were once men and women will still be aiding each other in the
Paradise ascent. Never, even in the Corps of the Finality, will the creature metamorphose
so far as to obliterate the personality trends that humans call male and female; always will
these two basic variations of humankind continue to intrigue, stimulate, encourage, and
assist each other; always will they be mutually dependent on co-operation in the solution
of perplexing universe problems and in the overcoming of manifold cosmic difficulties.

Edited by brooklyn_born, 20 January 2013 - 11:04 AM.

#10 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

variations of humankind continue to intrigue

Variations of humankind, not variations of personality. That is why we are all called "sons". Personaliy is not sexed. Which is also why the sex of the creature is not taken into consideration by the Thought Adjuster. The personality can engage any self male or female it does not matter. God doesn't distinguish between male or female. He is not not sexed either, and neither is his personality. Also even though we have this self that is male or female it is not nearly as male or female as the material sons and daughters. Their "maleness or femaleness" is the extreme version. So does that mean that they have extreme male or female personalties? No it just means that they have a self that is extreme male or female. Personality is wayyy above the self.

Also personality is changeless and the quote says that this male or female nature will never be completely obliterated.......So they are suggesting there is a slight change in this male or femaleness as we ascend, so obviously it cannot be the personality because the personality does not change one bit.

Edited by -Scott-, 20 January 2013 - 12:36 PM.

If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#11 Guest_EEB aka AASB-AWSW_*

• Guests

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

Scott - if memory serves me correctly, you have often, in your posts noted a difference in the God nature, in that there was a Father spirit and or Mother spirit, within the universe. The UB also has noted differences, which you have acknowledged.

If I were to state that regarding creation, that the Father's plan was in essence "there is safety in numbers" and that the Mother's plan was "to divide and conquer", what would my inference be, in relation to the UB? I.E.: Father's fragment in everyone verses seven superuniverses etc.

#12 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Scott - if memory serves me correctly, you have often, in your posts noted a difference in the God nature, in that there was a Father spirit and or Mother spirit, within the universe. The UB also has noted differences, which you have acknowledged.

If I were to state that regarding creation, that the Father's plan was in essence "there is safety in numbers" and that the Mother's plan was "to divide and conquer", what would my inference be, in relation to the UB? I.E.: Father's fragment in everyone verses seven superuniverses etc.

I am not sure I understand the relation of "safety in numbers" or "divide and conquer". The Mother is the "whole". She's the individuality Of the whole. Etleast that's how I have read it, but even she has her origin within the Father.

#13 Absonite

Absonite

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Studying the cosmotheosophy (the cosmology, theology, and philosophy) taught by the Urantia Book.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

This whole topic is an example for one of the essential reasons I am not comfortable analogizing Deity according to sex and/or gender.

There's just a bit too much inconsistency in those kinds of designations - and often strange questions, conclusions, and assertions are posited that make me wonder what's really being talked about here.

Edited by Absonite, 20 January 2013 - 06:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users