• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

This is something that I'm coping for a while.
If we consider that Paradise is center of the universe and everything is rotating around the center. Paradise is fixed and it doesn't move through space so it is timeless. Everything else moves through space so by the definition of time they have mesure of time. By the laws of phisics the further the point is from the center of rotation it moves faster and gravity is stronger. Now if we put this in spiritual dimension... The closer we get to the center gravity is weaker but time is running slower. Does this longer view on the center and this view compensate the gravity?
If this doesn't make sense to you just ignore the post. It is just running through my mind for two months and i had to get it out :)
Peace be upon you

#2 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Great question Pike,

Thanks for posting it. It deserves it's own thread and some group wisdom.

#3 Louis aka loucol

Louis aka loucol

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Science Philosophy and Religion as they relate to The Urantia Book

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

Hello Pike:
You present a very valid and interesting question. Science recognizes 'linear' gravity as following the inverse square law. However, Paradise gravity is apparently different. It seems to fluctuate and adjust to the needs of the motions of matter it is controlling and keeping stable. Science cannot explain the motion of galaxies and why the motions near the center vs the periphery are not what is expected. They are forced to theorize about dark energy and matter. Nigel is the one we need to here from on this topic.

Regards, Louis

Edited by Louis aka loucol, 15 January 2013 - 07:49 PM.

His Will Be Done

#4 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Here comes sequel:
If Paradise is timeless, are then centers of Super universes timeless to?
Are they connected with some "wormhole"?
There must be the way to draw this. I was trying to sketch it few night ago, but you can't put universe in 2D
The answer to this puzzle is I believe very simple, but my 4 dimension view of the problem is limiting me :)
Peace be upon you

#5 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:destiny interception, kindred spirits, Sailing my ketch, cooking, reading ( a book a day, if possible), helping fellow sojurners on the path of righteousness.I am most interested in building strong relationships with fellow kingdom builders knowing that we will be serving together, off and on, through time and into eternity.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Pike,

I will approach this comment and quote by reminding you that every ultimaton has Paradise as it's nucleus.(467-4)

Paradise is the source of both time and space.It is the only stationary thing in the Universe of universes, the pattern and material fulcrum and geographic center of infinity. It is your destiny.

P.120 - §3 Roughly: space seemingly originates just below nether Paradise; time just above upper Paradise. Time, as you understand it, is not a feature of Paradise existence, though the citizens of the central Isle are fully conscious of nontime sequence of events. Motion is not inherent on Paradise; it is volitional. But the concept of distance, even absolute distance, has very much meaning as it may be applied to relative locations on Paradise. Paradise is nonspatial; hence its areas are absolute and therefore serviceable in many ways beyond the concept of mortal mind.

Motion is volitional..."1 The Father is always to be found at this central location. Did he move, universal pandemonium would be precipitated, for there converge in him at this residential center the universal lines of gravity from the ends of creation...And from his infinite being there flow the flood-streams of life, energy, and personality to all universes."

It is evident that the time-space creation is intimately connected and completely dpendent upon Paradise for... everything.

It is a long way off yet at the center of everything.
Slowly but surely the Power of Love is overcoming the Love of Power

#6 Nelson G

Nelson G

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Pianos fast cars and airplanes.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

So what do you suppose that "lines of gravity" are? Safe enough to include all types of gravity? Likely not the same as circuits?
If he moves around on Paradise, who would know it?
Life often gives us our greatest gifts brilliantly disguised as our worst nightmares.

#7 Louis aka loucol

Louis aka loucol

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Science Philosophy and Religion as they relate to The Urantia Book

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Pike,
All centers of Motion are still. From the Paradise area at the center of the master universe to the nucleus of the ultimaton, and everything in between. The still centers of motion are Paradise area and reside in no location in space. Think of space as an expanding and contracting , rotating donut. The hole of the donut has no location in space yet is the geographic center of infinity. That is the pattern for all that is in motion, from an ultimaton, to a star, to a galaxy, to a superuniverse. All motions are spiral, elliptical. This all means that all centers of motion are the same area, Paradise. Paradise is ubiquitous. It must center all motion, everywhere, simultaneously. Paradise can only do this because it excluded from space and is timeless. This is difficult to describe in words and is better done in geometrical representations.

Edited by Louis aka loucol, 18 January 2013 - 01:55 PM.

His Will Be Done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users