14 replies to this topic

#1 Howard509

Howard509

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

In Fingerprints of the Gods, Graham Hancock makes the case that ancient cultures like the Egyptians used advanced technology from a lost civilization like Atlantis. Hancock doesn't say directly, like Erich Von Daniken, that aliens were involved. Is it possible, if Hancock is right, that ancient peoples received advanced learning from the Planetary Prince or from Adam and used it to build the pyramids and other ancient structures?

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience. -
Teilhard de Chardin

#2 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

Okay, here's just common sense: When were the pyramids built? Around 5,000 years ago. When was the Planetary Prince here? Around 500,000 years ago. When were Adam and Eve here? Around 40,000 years ago. That's a long gestation time for the Egyptians to have their so-called advanced learning to sink in. But yes, the Prince's staff did teach. The main goal, however, was to help Urantians evolve from hunter-gatherers into herders and farmers.

66:3.2 The climate and landscape in the Mesopotamia of those times were in every way favorable to the undertakings of the Prince's staff and their very different from conditions which have sometimes since prevailed. It was necessary to have such a favoring climate as a part of the natural environment designed to induce primitive Urantians to make certain initial advances in culture and civilization. The one great task of those ages was to transform man from a hunter to a herder, with the hope that later on he would evolve into a peace-loving, home-abiding farmer.

Primitive man did get advanced learning from the Prince's staff, but it was a slow and gentle uplifting by exposure to a superior civilization, yet still within evolutionary limits. The Prince's staff could not introduce anything radical; the knowledge they shared was commensurate with the current level of evolution, just slightly upstepped. You can read about all the types of things the prince's staff taught in Paper 66 section 5. But everything they taught was natural and in line with evolutionary development. Man must earn his advances.

66:6.1 The degree of a world's culture is measured by the social heritage of its native beings, and the rate of cultural expansion is wholly determined by the ability of its inhabitants to comprehend new and advanced ideas.

66:6.3 The Caligastia one hundred - graduates of the Satania mansion worlds - well knew the arts and culture of Jerusem, but such knowledge is nearly valueless on a barbaric planet populated by primitive humans. These wise beings knew better than to undertake the sudden transformation, or the en masse uplifting, of the primitive races of that day. They well understood the slow evolution of the human species, and they wisely refrained from any radical attempts at modifying man's mode of life on earth.

#3 Howard509

Howard509

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

About 6,000 years ago, civilization and technology sort of leaped into existence. Perhaps there was a small remnant of people that survived the days of the Planetary Prince or of Adam that jump started human civilization.

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience. -
Teilhard de Chardin

#4 Howard509

Howard509

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

What about the theory that the Urantia Book mentions what is known today as the lost city of Atlantis?

Teilhard de Chardin

#5 JR Sherrod

JR Sherrod

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:I am a Lapidary, and Jewelry Artist & Designer. I love reading the Urantia Book, science fiction, and speculative non-fiction. I am a Choral Singer. I was, at various times in my past, a Military Policeman, Police Instructor, Computer Programmer/Analyst, and Post-secondary technical instructor. I love astronomy, aeronautice & aerospace, and planes & rockets of all types. I bicycle and walk for fun and fitness. I am an Advanced Toastmaster - Bronze. I write Autobiographic Self-Help, and Speculative Non-Fiction.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

What about the theory that the Urantia Book mentions what is known today as the lost city of Atlantis?

Howard, you're going to have to give me a specific reference; I don't remember having read anything in the Urantia Book about Atlantis. As far as I know, it's a "pleasing myth" at best.
Ah! To be host to God, Himself; and to be enriched beyond measure by that incomprehensible treasure!

#6 Howard509

Howard509

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

Howard, you're going to have to give me a specific reference; I don't remember having read anything in the Urantia Book about Atlantis. As far as I know, it's a "pleasing myth" at best.

http://www.truthbook....cfm?faqID=1589

http://www.truthbook....cfm?linkID=594

http://www.squarecir...tlantiseden.htm

Teilhard de Chardin

#7 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

Howard, why are you asking these questions if you've already found answers? What's your point exactly?

#8 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:destiny interception, kindred spirits, Sailing my ketch, cooking, reading ( a book a day, if possible), helping fellow sojurners on the path of righteousness.I am most interested in building strong relationships with fellow kingdom builders knowing that we will be serving together, off and on, through time and into eternity.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Howard,
Your first hyperlink (Truthbook) reference contains "The Urantia Book makes no mention of Atlantis as such; however, there are those who believe that the legends of Atlantis stem from the original Garden of Eden."

With Bonita I sincerely question your approach. Where are you going with this?
Slowly but surely the Power of Love is overcoming the Love of Power

#9 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:destiny interception, kindred spirits, Sailing my ketch, cooking, reading ( a book a day, if possible), helping fellow sojurners on the path of righteousness.I am most interested in building strong relationships with fellow kingdom builders knowing that we will be serving together, off and on, through time and into eternity.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

"Speculation Time"

The Ice Age began some 2 million years ago and a glaciation cycle took about 250,000 years.

If there were advanced continental civilizations,that the Urantia Book does not tell us about any surviving evidence would be difficult to find. Pockets of civilization, such as the Garden of Eden (on an isolated island-like peninsula) developing on islands in the sea would fall victim to variations of sea levels that come with the glaciation cycle. I have heard the seas have risen and fell over 400 feet, or more (correct me if I a wrong).

So you have these interglacial epochs lasting a hundred or more centuries,, plenty of time for technological civilizations to rise and fall. And, in time, here comes an ice wall a mile deep crushing and grinding, making soil from granite rocks, changing the course of mighty rivers and generally wiping away any evidence left by short-lived man.

My take on this is that it is highly possible, maybe even desirable, to separate one epoch from another. I am highly curious, not suspicious, that key elements that could link different "times" seem to disappear, i.e., the library at Alexandria. Before all and after all, I trust that God and His multitudes of faithful servants, always do what is best for us.

P.1229 - §2 "The purpose of cosmic evolution is to achieve unity of personality through increasing spirit dominance, volitional response to the teaching and leading of the Thought Adjuster. Personality, both human and superhuman, is characterized by an inherent cosmic quality which may be called "the evolution of dominance," the expansion of the control of both itself and its environment."

We need to keep in mind always the purpose of existence and God's Plans for the evolutionary Grand Universe.

P.558 - §1 "The mortal-survival plan has a practical and serviceable objective; you are not the recipients of all this divine labor and painstaking training only that you may survive just to enjoy endless bliss and eternal ease. There is a goal of transcendent service concealed beyond the horizon of the present universe age. If the Gods designed merely to take you on one long and eternal joy excursion, they certainly would not so largely turn the whole universe into one vast and intricate practical training school, requisition a substantial part of the celestial creation as teachers and instructors, and then spend ages upon ages piloting you, one by one, through this gigantic universe school of experiential training. The furtherance of the scheme of mortal progression seems to be one of the chief businesses of the present organized universe, and the majority of innumerable orders of created intelligences are either directly or indirectly engaged in advancing some phase of this progressive perfection plan."
By: an ARCHANGEL of NEBADON

#10 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

I love that quote from page 558. It's as though the archangel is saying, "Haalloooo! Knock, knock. Anyone home down there?" So, instead of making myths we should be trying to learn something?

As for myth though, unfortunately mankind seems to have an inborn propensity for it. But now that we have TUB, we should be able to glean fact from fantasy, right? Jesus was able to do this even before his baptism. He read the Book of Enoch and was able to identify the difference between erroneous myth and truth. We all have this ability, believe it or not. There are threads of truth in most ancient myths, but they are so ornamented by mystical phantasms it's like negotiating a mine field in order to find the truth. It can be done, but that's why I love TUB so much . . . no gewgaw.

126:3.8 While turning all these problems over in his mind, he found in the synagogue library at Nazareth, among the apocalyptic books which he had been studying, this manuscript called "The Book of Enoch"; and though he was certain that it had not been written by Enoch of old, it proved very intriguing to him, and he read and reread it many times. There was one passage which particularly impressed him, a passage in which this term "Son of Man" appeared. The writer of this so-called Book of Enoch went on to tell about this Son of Man, describing the work he would do on earth and explaining that this Son of Man, before coming down on this earth to bring salvation to mankind, had walked through the courts of heavenly glory with his Father, the Father of all; and that he had turned his back upon all this grandeur and glory to come down on earth to proclaim salvation to needy mortals. As Jesus would read these passages (well understanding that much of the Eastern mysticism which had become admixed with these teachings was erroneous), he responded in his heart and recognized in his mind that of all the Messianic predictions of the Hebrew scriptures and of all the theories about the Jewish deliverer, none was so near the truth as this story tucked away in this only partially accredited Book of Enoch; and he then and there decided to adopt as his inaugural title "the Son of Man." And this he did when he subsequently began his public work. Jesus had an unerring ability for the recognition of truth, and truth he never hesitated to embrace, no matter from what source it appeared to emanate.

#11 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

Bonita wrote today:

"The writer of this so-called Book of Enoch went on to tell about this Son of Man, describing the work he would do on earth and explaining that this Son of Man, before coming down on this earth to bring salvation to mankind, had walked through the courts of heavenly glory with his Father, the Father of all; and that he had turned his back upon all this grandeur and glory to come down on earth to proclaim salvation to needy mortals."

This seems to me a "pre echo" of the Infinite, As in...

P.1159 - §6 "Transcendentals are subinfinite and subabsolute but superfinite and supercreatural. Transcendentals eventuate as an integrating level correlating the supervalues of absolutes with the maximum values of finites. From the creature standpoint, that which is transcendental would appear to have eventuated as a consequence of the finite; from the eternity viewpoint, in anticipation of the finite; and there are those who have considered it as a "pre-echo" of the finite ."

The author of the Book of Enoch was " connected" to have placed this eminently useful concept/reference , in his time, that it could be "picked out" later for use by the Master, in His time. Did this "connection" result from the evolved spirituality and cosmic consciousness of the author and his contact with the Cosmic Mind or something achieved by The Planetary Reserve Corps of Destiny, or both? I'm happy Jesus could be both "The Son of God," revealing God to Man and "The Son of Man," revealing Man to God, perfectly unified in one personality.

I always marvel at the "hints" of our forgotten past: A lake in eastern Turkey named after a man who lived hundreds of thousands of years (guarding a semi-material bush from a universe capital, that enabled him and his assistant, Amadon to carry on the struggle to keep alive "the light of life" on this planet); or ,a town in the marshes of southern Iraq named after the Chief of Staff of Caligastia (Abaddon).

ever and anon, on and on...

#12 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

The author of the Book of Enoch was " connected" to have placed this eminently useful concept/reference , in his time, that it could be "picked out" later for use by the Master, in His time. Did this "connection" result from the evolved spirituality and cosmic consciousness of the author and his contact with the Cosmic Mind or something achieved by The Planetary Reserve Corps of Destiny, or both? I'm happy Jesus could be both "The Son of God," revealing God to Man and "The Son of Man," revealing Man to God, perfectly unified in one personality.

I just assumed the Book of Enoch arose from folklore, passed down through time by the storytellers. Granted, Fad introduced the first alphabet five hundred thousand years ago, but the Jews didn't have a written language until 900 years before Christ. That's a very long time to be telling stories. Ornamentation was bound to happen. If the author of the Book of Enoch was some how connected to a transcendental source and that 's the mode of transmission, then why haven't these stories arisen in modern myths? I know that the History channel is spinning its own lore recently with the ancient alien series, but none of that seems transcendental to me. You?

#13 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Where I spend most of my time, all we get on the telly is Futbol in Espanol.

Perhaps one reason modern mythmaking is so curtailed is that :"" For many thousands of years, so the records of Jerusem show, in each generation there have lived fewer and fewer beings who could function safely with self-acting Adjusters. This is an alarming picture, and the supervising personalities of Satania look with favor upon the proposals of some of your more immediate planetary supervisors who advocate the inauguration of measures designed to foster and conserve the higher spiritual types of the Urantia races".(P.1207 - §6) and this is one reason we have received such a vast and unprecedented Revelation in book form.

#14 Howard509

Howard509

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

Howard,
Your first hyperlink (Truthbook) reference contains "The Urantia Book makes no mention of Atlantis as such; however, there are those who believe that the legends of Atlantis stem from the original Garden of Eden."

With Bonita I sincerely question your approach. Where are you going with this?

...because I believe you are intelligent people with open minds who enjoy learning new information, especially on how the Urantia Book ties into ancient history. Why would you even need to ask such a question? What's the point of having a forum in the first place?

Edited by Howard509, 23 December 2012 - 07:21 PM.

Teilhard de Chardin

#15 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Where I spend most of my time, all we get on the telly is Futbol in Espanol.

Perhaps one reason modern mythmaking is so curtailed is that :"" For many thousands of years, so the records of Jerusem show, in each generation there have lived fewer and fewer beings who could function safely with self-acting Adjusters. This is an alarming picture, and the supervising personalities of Satania look with favor upon the proposals of some of your more immediate planetary supervisors who advocate the inauguration of measures designed to foster and conserve the higher spiritual types of the Urantia races".(P.1207 - §6) and this is one reason we have received such a vast and unprecedented Revelation in book form.

So you think that people with self-acting Adjusters can dream up better myths? I'm not following you. I don't think that myth making and spirituality are necessarily linked, although myths are a way man uses to explain the transcendent. Considering the bizarre stuff some so called prophets have come up with it makes you wonder what they were smoking. Maybe those are the prophets that were having trouble hosting their self-acting Adjusters, don't know. I mean there's some really wacko stuff out there that people have been swallowing for ages just because a prophet said it.

There are stories about gods coming down to earth mating with humans and they are essentially based on fact. They're not really myths, they're stories that got embellished and garbled over the span of 500,000 years. I don't think those storytellers had to have self-acting Adjusters in order to tell the story. They just had to have the gift of gab and a good memory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users