• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 JR Sherrod

JR Sherrod

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:I am a Lapidary, and Jewelry Artist & Designer. I love reading the Urantia Book, science fiction, and speculative non-fiction. I am a Choral Singer. I was, at various times in my past, a Military Policeman, Police Instructor, Computer Programmer/Analyst, and Post-secondary technical instructor. I love astronomy, aeronautice & aerospace, and planes & rockets of all types. I bicycle and walk for fun and fitness. I am an Advanced Toastmaster - Bronze. I write Autobiographic Self-Help, and Speculative Non-Fiction.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

I just spent about half-an-hour typing an answer to a thread. I was answering a post in Preparing for Scholarly Evaluation of The Urantia Book .
I clicked the button to post my answer. I then spent about 5 minutes watching the "...hold on while I post this..." symbols on the top of the screen. When they were gone, so was my post! I went out to the front of the Topics, and my post wasn't there.

Is it gone? Will I have to attempt to re-capture my thoughts and hope I get it like I had it in the first place?

Can you help me?
Ah! To be host to God, Himself; and to be enriched beyond measure by that incomprehensible treasure!

#2 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

Sorry JR, it doesn't show up there. I found it a good idea to copy my text if it's been a long time composing, on all Forums. Painful huh?

#3 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

The very best and most profound things I've written got eaten before posting. I'm really a lot smarter and more eloquent than the writing which does go thru!! Sorry JR, know your pain. :wacko:
Peace be upon you."

#4 JR Sherrod

JR Sherrod

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:I am a Lapidary, and Jewelry Artist & Designer. I love reading the Urantia Book, science fiction, and speculative non-fiction. I am a Choral Singer. I was, at various times in my past, a Military Policeman, Police Instructor, Computer Programmer/Analyst, and Post-secondary technical instructor. I love astronomy, aeronautice & aerospace, and planes & rockets of all types. I bicycle and walk for fun and fitness. I am an Advanced Toastmaster - Bronze. I write Autobiographic Self-Help, and Speculative Non-Fiction.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Yup! That's what I figured... Thanks guys, for helping me to smile about it!! :D
Ah! To be host to God, Himself; and to be enriched beyond measure by that incomprehensible treasure!

#5 Guest_EEB aka AASB-AWSW_*

Guest_EEB aka AASB-AWSW_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

Just think of it as Big Brother trying to get your attention?

#6 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

It happened few times also to me. Now i look on it like it was not time to post it.
Don't worry you will write another one, probably even better. ;)
Peace be upon you

#7 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

Do you folks know that your posts are autosaved and that you can restore them? I've done that dozens of times. I'm not sure how far back you can go though. I usually do it immediately when I realize that I've lost something. Just go back to the Reply to this topic window and click More Rely Options. In little tiny print on the bottom you'll see View Auto Saved Content. Click that and you'll get it back.

#8 JR Sherrod

JR Sherrod

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

Do you folks know that your posts are autosaved and that you can restore them? I've done that dozens of times. I'm not sure how far back you can go though. I usually do it immediately when I realize that I've lost something. Just go back to the Reply to this topic window and click More Rely Options. In little tiny print on the bottom you'll see View Auto Saved Content. Click that and you'll get it back.

...that sound you just heard is me smacking my forehead! :o Maybe next time I'll have to be original and eloquent only once... Thanks, Bonita!

#9 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

I couldn't hear your forhead slap due to the loud howl and deep groan of my own...you crack me up JR!! Thanks Bonita. :rolleyes:
Peace be upon you."

#10 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

Ok,

I think of myself as rather resourcefull person

but ...

i can't find "more replay options" button <_<

so if someone can be so kind and show this blind person where to look

P.S. I just notice that "Angry" emoticon is missing . Instead there is only blank square :D
Peace be upon you

#11 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

Hi Pike,

The More REPLY Options appears at the very bottom of the page under the "Reply to this topic" box.

Not sure what's wrong with the angry emoticon, will confer with the staff.

Thanks!

#12 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

I found it Rick!

ofcourse I looked on wrong place

but then again... <_<

Where is "View Autosaved content" ? Posted Image
Peace be upon you

#13 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

is "View Autosaved content" ? Posted Image

Great emoticon Pike :D

When you click "More Reply Options" you are taken to the full reply screen,. Type in a word, then watch the lower left hand corner of the reply box, after a minute the link "Last Saved" appears, with the time it was saved.

#14 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Hi Rick,

I noticed the "Last SAved" message

but... :rolleyes:

how to get the autosaved content?
Peace be upon you

#15 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

Hi Rick,

I noticed the "Last SAved" message

but... :rolleyes:

how to get the autosaved content?

Pike, after your text has been saved, reload the page, then you will see the link Bonita pointed to: "View Auto Saved Content", it will appear in the lower left of the reply box, click on those words and a box with your saved text will appear. :)

#16 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Well thank you Rick on your patience with little blonde in me :)

I finally got it
Peace be upon you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users