#1 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Soccer, Movies, Games,

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

(1008.8) 92:5.6 Many races have conceived of their leaders as being born of virgins; their careers are liberally sprinkled with miraculous episodes, and their return is always expected by their respective groups. In central Asia the tribesmen still look for the return of Genghis Khan; in Tibet, China, and India it is Buddha; in Islam it is Mohammed; among the Amerinds it was Hesunanin Onamonalonton; with the Hebrews it was, in general, Adam’s return as a material ruler. In Babylon the god Marduk was a perpetuation of the Adam legend, the son-of-God idea, the connecting link between man and God. Following the appearance of Adam on earth, so-called sons of God were common among the world races.

I thought these images of Marduk were interesting. Marduk is often depicted on a dragon. Also the image of him and the ring is VERY similar to the Faravahar. I brought up speculation in another thread that the Faravahar may in fact be a person sitting on a bird with leg holdings and a saddle. A couple of these images may be side shots of the Faravahar. The similarities between Marduk and the Faravahar are uncanny IMO.The top 4 images are all of Marduk and he is on a bird. The first two images depict him fighting Tiamat.

Attached Files

Edited by -Scott-, 08 December 2012 - 12:47 PM.

If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#2 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

Here are some more images that may relate to legends of the garden. In that last image there is the tree of life, and the people next to it appear to have baskets to place the fruit in. I have noticed these baskets and fruit in many other ancient pictures.

Attached Files

Edited by -Scott-, 08 December 2012 - 12:59 PM.

If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#3 brooklyn_born

brooklyn_born

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Interests:Urantia, Bible, mysticism, metaphysics, computers.

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

I had no idea he was mentioned in Ubook! Thanks! I wonder if Zacherias Sitchen (RIP) was aware of this.

Edited by brooklyn_born, 08 December 2012 - 04:51 PM.

#4 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

Did sitchen write about the god Marduk?

#5 brooklyn_born

brooklyn_born

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Interests:Urantia, Bible, mysticism, metaphysics, computers.

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

Did sitchen write about the god Marduk?

Extensive. According to Sitchen it was Marduk who stole the tablets of destiny. He was the one who rebelled against Anu. And if my memory serves correct, he is the Babylonian version of Enqi. I find it interesting that UB equates Marduk with Adam. Marduk fits the profile of Caligastia IMO. But what do I know B)

Edited by brooklyn_born, 08 December 2012 - 04:50 PM.

#6 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

Hmmm interesting, it appears that Marduk is often depicted as fighting Timiat who IMO could be a depiction of Caligastia. Timiat is one ugly creature. Also Marduk is often depicted as a righteous man riding on his dragon like bird. He also looks very similar to Enki though, and the man in sumerian seals. I imagine there were many Adam legends floating around Sumeria. I think Sitchin had some great concepts, its to bad he didn't have the U.B to help him sort through all this stuff though.

I thought this modern day re-creation of Marduk looked awesome.I picture that giant ring he is as holding as being some type of holding latch for the harness on his bird. It is the same ring being held by the man with a beard in the Faravahar.

Attached Files

Edited by -Scott-, 09 December 2012 - 12:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users