• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Nelson G

Nelson G

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Pianos fast cars and airplanes.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

I am fascinated by Jesus' ordination charge to the twelve apostles. (1573.3) 140:5.1 From the Sermon on the Mount to the discourse of the Last Supper, Jesus taught his followers to manifest fatherly love rather than brotherly love. Brotherly love would love your neighbor as you love yourself, and that would be adequate fulfillment of the “golden rule.” But fatherly affection would require that you should love your fellow mortals as Jesus loves you. Do you think that Jesus teaching the apostles to manifest Fatherly Love as opposed to Brotherly Love applies to them exclusively or to anybody who should take up the work of spreading the good news? Or possibly to an individual who is not actively spreading good news but just trying to live a spiritual life? How does it apply to you?
I am a bit confused.

Edited by Nelson G, 04 December 2012 - 11:46 PM.

Life often gives us our greatest gifts brilliantly disguised as our worst nightmares.

#2 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Soccer, Movies, Games,

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

Brotherly love is described in the urantia book as coming from recognition that we are all children of god, you get this glimpse that you are the child of god therefor everyone else must be his child as well and you act based on that experience. There is a higher reality within the domain of the human mindal heart that is soooo much higher than mere recognition. It is the experience of feeling gods love. True love from the father is sooo much higher than just mere brotherly love that comes from a basic recognition. That fatherly love will flow will flow through you when you experience it.

This quote should help as well.

The New Commandment
The Urantia Book; Paper 180, Section 1

P1944:4, 180:1.1 After a few moments of informal conversation, Jesus stood up and said: "When I enacted for you a parable indicating how you should be willing to serve one another, I said that I desired to give you a new commandment; and I would do this now as I am about to leave you. You well know the commandment which directs that you love one another; that you love your neighbor even as yourself. But I am not wholly satisfied with even that sincere devotion on the part of my children. I would have you perform still greater acts of love in the kingdom of the believing brotherhood. And so I give you this new commandment: That you love one another even as I have loved you. And by this will all men know that you are my disciples if you thus love one another.

P1944:6, 180:1.3 "When I invite you to love one another, even as I have loved you, I hold up before you the supreme measure of true affection, for greater love can no man have than this: that he will lay down his life for his friends. And you are my friends; you will continue to be my friends if you are but willing to do what I have taught you. You have called me Master, but I do not call you servants. If you will only love one another as I am loving you, you shall be my friends, and I will ever speak to you of that which the Father reveals to me.

P1945:1, 180:1.4 "You have not merely chosen me, but I have also chosen you, and I have ordained you to go forth into the world to yield the fruit of loving service to your fellows even as I have lived among you and revealed the Father to you. The Father and I will both work with you, and you shall experience the divine fullness of joy if you will only obey my command to love one another, even as I have loved you."

Edited by Warren Scott, 05 December 2012 - 12:05 AM.

If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#3 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

Jesus taught that there are six levels to living the golden rule. Fatherly love is number six. What level you function at is a matter of your level of spiritual growth. It has nothing to do with being an apostle, disciple or evangelist.

p1651 Let me now teach you concerning the differing levels of meaning attached to the interpretation of this rule of living, this admonition to `do to others that which you desire others to do to you':
1. The level of the flesh. Such a purely selfish and lustful interpretation would be well exemplified by the supposition of your question.
2. The level of the feelings. This plane is one level higher than that of the flesh and implies that sympathy and pity would enhance one's interpretation of this rule of living.
3. The level of mind. Now come into action the reason of mind and the intelligence of experience. Good judgment dictates that such a rule of living should be interpreted in consonance with the highest idealism embodied in the nobility of profound self-respect.
4. The level of brotherly love. Still higher is discovered the level of unselfish devotion to the welfare of one's fellows. On this higher plane of wholehearted social service growing out of the consciousness of the fatherhood of God and the consequent recognition of the brotherhood of man, there is discovered a new and far more beautiful interpretation of this basic rule of life.
5. The moral level. And then when you attain true philosophic levels of interpretation, when you have real insight into the rightness and wrongness of things, when you perceive the eternal fitness of human relationships, you will begin to view such a problem of interpretation as you would imagine a high-minded, idealistic, wise, and impartial third person would so view and interpret such an injunction as applied to your personal problems of adjustment to your life situations.
6. The spiritual level. And then last, but greatest of all, we attain the level of spirit insight and spiritual interpretation which impels us to recognize in this rule of life the divine command to treat all men as we conceive God would treat them. That is the universe ideal of human relationships. And this is your attitude toward all such problems when your supreme desire is ever to do the Father's will. I would, therefore, that you should do to all men that which you know I would do to them in like circumstances.

#4 Absonite

Absonite

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Studying the cosmotheosophy (the cosmology, theology, and philosophy) taught by the Urantia Book.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

When I approached relating with others by doing (behaving) to them as I would have them do to me, my attention focused on how I wanted them to behave. I did what I did - not because I really wanted to do it for the sake of doing it - I did it because I wanted them to do for me what I did for them. And if they didn't behave how I wanted them to behave, then I stopped relating with them because it seemed a waste of my time, since my motivation for relating that way came from hoping to get what I wanted out it.

Everything changed for me as I began learning how to approach relating with others by engaging them as I conceive God treats them. And that conception is only clear for me based upon my experience of how God relates with me. Unlike with The Golden Rule, my attention is not on putting on the right kind of performance so that I can get a certain kind (and/or certain amount) of interactive "gold" that I want to get from someone else. Instead, my motivation for relating with others comes from striving to be Godlike. Continually monitoring how successful I do that provides me with crucial feedback about how much I have learned from God - as well as how much more work via prayer-communion I need to do with my Fragment.

Edited by Absonite, 05 December 2012 - 09:03 AM.

#5 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

So many times in the Urantia book they talk about these 3 levels of meaning and they relatable to the cosmic intuitions as well. The logical level, the moral level and the spiritual level.

Quote:
147:4:3 Let me now teach you concerning the differing levels of meaning attached to the interpretation of this rule of living, this admonition to ‘do to others that which you desire others to do to you’:

(1650.5) 147:4.4 “1. The level of the flesh.
(1650.6) 147:4.5 “2. The level of the feelings.
(1650.7) 147:4.6 “3. The level of mind.
(1651.1) 147:4.7 “4. The level of brotherly love. "logical level" 1st cosmic intuition (Causation)(192.2)
(1651.2) 147:4.8 “5. The moral level. 2nd cosmic intuition (Duty) (192.3)
(1651.3) 147:4.9 “6. The spiritual level. 3rd cosmic intuition (Worship) (192.4)

Quote:
(192.5) 16:6.9 These scientific, moral, and spiritual insights, these cosmic responses, are innate in the cosmic mind, which endows all will creatures. The experience of living never fails to develop these three cosmic intuitions; they are constitutive in the self-consciousness of reflective thinking. But it is sad to record that so few persons on Urantia take delight in cultivating these qualities of courageous and independent cosmic thinking.

Here is another quote from jesus that illustrates these levels of meaning.

Quote:
1675.4) 149:6.3 “The ‘fear of the Lord’ has had different meanings in the successive ages, coming up from fear, through anguish and dread, to awe and reverence. And now from reverence I would lead you up, through recognition, realization, and appreciation, to love. When man recognizes only the works of God, he is led to fear the Supreme; but when man begins to understand and experience the personality and character of the living God, he is led increasingly to love such a good and perfect, universal and eternal Father. And it is just this changing of the relation of man to God that constitutes the mission of the Son of Man on earth.

Love is wayyyy up there in meaning. Way more than most humans can even imagine. What we call love is not even close to what the u.b calls love. What most people call love if actually on the level of feelings or flesh.

Edited by -Scott-, 05 December 2012 - 11:22 AM.

If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#6 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

Boom - I mostly agree with you....especially about the power and force of love. This is the doorway for most mortals to find God - most mortals prior to normal dispensations of Prince and the Adamic Pair - and most of us here post rebellion and default. Father may be found in-mind by the circuits but without the Revelation's descriptions of those details, it can be difficult to "know" in words and function what it is you "know". Father reveals Himself to all who make such an effort or respond to His efforts - but such personal revelations of spirit truth is still without adequate symbols for expression for even faithful "believers".

Enter the wonder of love. For truly one finds the Father whenever one discovers, feels, and gives love to another. This IMO is how most mortals "find" Father - by love. Which requires no symbols or understanding. It has such strong spirit gravity. It forces one to put aside ego and self importance in favor of another. One can progress in the spirit without any facts, truth, or knowledge simply by the truth and force of love itself. One discovers God and His Spirit and Mind by this. And the more responsive one gets to love....falling in love with love.....the more spiritized they become. Certainly, the more one seeks God personally and speaks to Him and listens to Him and discerns the meanings and values within the relationships and patterns of life AND knows love - the better the progress. But faith alone or love alone brings progress.....without facts, knowledge, or intellect. It is this force....the pure waters of love that can bring the pilgrim to their source, Father.

My quibble is the notion that "most" people don't feel or know love that is not self focused or serving. I don't know that you are wrong and don't know how any mortal might measure or weigh the love on Urantia. But I feel this position is part of your perspective on normal and subnormal and born in and progress of the spirit. This view of humanity is not particularly positive, generous, or hopeful. I think there is far more love in motion today and that the Spirit of Truth is a powerful amplifier and confirmer of the truths discovered within love. I do not dispute that the fatherly love ideal is rare indeed and something I aspire to but do not yet grasp, especially to those who disagree with me!! haha. But loyalty and duty and affection are all elements in the love progression scale. Love is genuinely addictive and transforming and progressive in and of itself. I think Urantia is being flooded right now by love and that tide is rising. People are not its source, but the more we give of it the more we receive of it and so it grows, exponentially, by its giving.

This is another pattern or example of planetary upliftment by the progress of individuals in the experience of truth and its effect on motives, priorities, and choices on the each thereby improving the whole. It's a bottom up example. And there is an endless supply. And the force of love, by itself, can transform lives and planets. It is my hope you underestimate the amount and the quality of love on Urantia and by humanity. This is the tipping point of future critical mass in my mind - the love thing. It will deliver us from evil....or so it is my hope and belief. ;)

Edited by Bradly aka/fanofVan, 05 December 2012 - 12:17 PM.

Peace be upon you."

#7 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

God is Love Van. God is not a warm mushy feeling. God is not the warm fuzzies. Jesus is saying he came here to lead us to Love. WhIch means that we are likely not experiencing it as a people. This has nothing to do with subnormal or anything like that. The warm fuzzies are literally 4 and 5 levels below love. That is why it pains the revelators to use this word.

Edited by -Scott-, 05 December 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#8 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

God is Love Van. God is not a warm mushy feeling. God is not the warm fuzzies. Jesus is saying he came here to lead us to Love. WhIch means that we are likely not experiencing it as a people. This has nothing to do with subnormal or anything like that. The warm fuzzies are literally 4 and 5 levels below love. That is why it pains the revelators to use this word.

Yes, love is more than warm and fuzzy feelings, but it INCLUDES warm and fuzzy feelings. You cannot exclude human love from divine love. Human love has a divine source but expressed in a human manner. Those who are capable of divine love (fatherly love) also feel and express warm and fuzzy human love with no conflict whatsoever.

34:7.7 The normal urges of animal beings and the natural appetites and impulses of the physical nature are not in conflict with even the highest spiritual attainment except in the minds of ignorant, mistaught, or unfortunately overconscientious persons.

#9 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

Yes Bonita....the ideal is but one point on the progressive scale or spectrum....but it is a wide and completely connected spectrum and it is progressive. How many have never felt loyalty, duty, affection, love of parent for child or love of a lover, or selfless charity, or social service, or prayer for another? All such are in love's grasp and gravity, no? And the more one responds to love's pull and effects, the more one wants of it and the more one gives of it the more they progress in the spectrum of love and in spirit. Warm and fuzzy is great!! If it does not come from self for self but results from care of any other. Warm and fuzzy is the result of love's embrace and all love is from Father and none other.

(1096.1) 100:2.4 Spirituality becomes at once the indicator of one’s nearness to God and the measure of one’s usefulness to fellow beings. Spirituality enhances the ability to discover beauty in things, recognize truth in meanings, and discover goodness in values. Spiritual development is determined by capacity therefor and is directly proportional to the elimination of the selfish qualities of love.

(1098.3) 100:4.6 You cannot truly love your fellows by a mere act of the will. Love is only born of thoroughgoing understanding of your neighbor’s motives and sentiments. It is not so important to love all men today as it is that each day you learn to love one more human being. If each day or each week you achieve an understanding of one more of your fellows, and if this is the limit of your ability, then you are certainly socializing and truly spiritualizing your personality. Love is infectious, and when human devotion is intelligent and wise, love is more catching than hate. But only genuine and unselfish love is truly contagious. If each mortal could only become a focus of dynamic affection, this benign virus of love would soon pervade the sentimental emotion-stream of humanity to such an extent that all civilization would be encompassed by love, and that would be the realization of the brotherhood of man.

(1102.2) 100:7.5 Jesus’ originality was unstifled. He was not bound by tradition or handicapped by enslavement to narrow conventionality. He spoke with undoubted confidence and taught with absolute authority. But his superb originality did not cause him to overlook the gems of truth in the teachings of his predecessors and contemporaries. And the most original of his teachings was the emphasis of love and mercy in the place of fear and sacrifice.

(1133.7) 103:5.2 This idea-ideal of doing good to others — the impulse to deny the ego something for the benefit of one’s neighbor — is very circumscribed at first. Primitive man regards as neighbor only those very close to him, those who treat him neighborly; as religious civilization advances, one’s neighbor expands in concept to embrace the clan, the tribe, the nation. And then Jesus enlarged the neighbor scope to embrace the whole of humanity, even that we should love our enemies. And there is something inside of every normal human being that tells him this teaching is moral — right. Even those who practice this ideal least, admit that it is right in theory.

Like the circles of progress (a spectrum scale), love is love as truth is truth and progress is progress....just because the highest ideal of love has not been achieved does not lessen the power of all forms of love on the entire spectrum of its experience and realization. Love is love. All love. It is one of the proofs of God since there is none nor any reason or source without Him. It's His secret weapon and it overcomes all resistance in time. The benign virus!!!! May the contagion spread!! B)
Peace be upon you."

#10 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

Yes Bonita....the ideal is but one point on the progressive scale or spectrum....but it is a wide and completely connected spectrum and it is progressive. How many have never felt loyalty, duty, affection, love of parent for child or love of a lover, or selfless charity, or social service, or prayer for another? All such are in love's grasp and gravity, no? And the more one responds to love's pull and effects, the more one wants of it and the more one gives of it the more they progress in the spectrum of love and in spirit. Warm and fuzzy is great!! If it does not come from self for self but results from care of any other. Warm and fuzzy is the result of love's embrace and all love is from Father and none other.

One of the revelations of TUB that left a deep impression on me is the relationship between Material Sons and Daughters. There is something very important about "material" love which we are meant to learn. It is so important that those who have not had the experience during their lives in the flesh must repair their deficiency on the mansion worlds and sometimes by living with the Material Sons and Daughters.

47:4.7 Biological deficiencies were largely made up on the first mansion world. There defects in planetary experiences pertaining to sex life, family association, and parental function were either corrected or were projected for future rectification among the Material Son families on Jerusem.

Edited by Bonita, 05 December 2012 - 02:16 PM.

#11 JR Sherrod

JR Sherrod

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:I am a Lapidary, and Jewelry Artist & Designer. I love reading the Urantia Book, science fiction, and speculative non-fiction. I am a Choral Singer. I was, at various times in my past, a Military Policeman, Police Instructor, Computer Programmer/Analyst, and Post-secondary technical instructor. I love astronomy, aeronautice & aerospace, and planes & rockets of all types. I bicycle and walk for fun and fitness. I am an Advanced Toastmaster - Bronze. I write Autobiographic Self-Help, and Speculative Non-Fiction.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

When talking of Fatherly Love, I find it easier to fathom that highest level of love by and through the word "cherish." It is such a deep, personal expression of affection and devotion that leads me closer to understanding and sympathy with my brothres and sisters - it leads me to empathy; and reveals eternal treasures shared and won in the furnace of our mortal life.

Edited by JR Sherrod, 05 December 2012 - 06:08 PM.

Ah! To be host to God, Himself; and to be enriched beyond measure by that incomprehensible treasure!

#12 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

When talking of Fatherly Love, I find it easier to fathom that highest level of love by and through the word "cherish." It is such a deep, personal expression of affection and devotion that leads me closer to understanding and sympathy with my brothres and sisters - it leads me to empathy; and reveals eternal treasures shared and won in the furnace of our mortal life.

Just as you like the word cherish, I like the word devotion, which means enthusiastic loyalty and love. I am wholeheartedly devoted and committed to God and his will.

#13 Absonite

Absonite

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Studying the cosmotheosophy (the cosmology, theology, and philosophy) taught by the Urantia Book.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

47:4.7 Biological deficiencies were largely made up on the first mansion world. There defects in planetary experiences pertaining to sex life, family association, and parental function were either corrected or were projected for future rectification among the Material Son families on Jerusem.

Now wait a minute...

This is something that I did not really notice the details about the other times I have read it.

How exactly are "defects in planetary experiences pertaining to sex life" going to be "rectified" among Material Son families?!

Edited by Absonite, 05 December 2012 - 09:40 PM.

#14 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

Now wait a minute...

This is something that I did not really notice the details about the other times I have read it.

How exactly are "defects in planetary experiences pertaining to sex life" going to be "rectified" among Material Son families?!

Not by having sex, if that's what you're thinking. There's much, much more value in a normal sex life than the physical act. It's all about caring for another person and being completely exposed and vulnerable, which is a form of trust in others. Healthy sexual relations are also about being open to another person's needs. It's about wholesome intimacy and developing the capacity to care about another person more than yourself, about feelings of tenderness, affection and loyalty to a partner. It's also about self-discipline and self-control.

Everyone thinks that sex is merely for reproduction and self-gratification, but that is not so. God also gave us sex as a means to socialize the personality. Recall that primitive man exercised his sex urge without much emotion; it was merely a physical impulse. Only after the arrival of the Nodites and Adamites did sex take on a higher emotional and more passionate meaning in regards to truth, beauty and goodness.

82:1.2 Sex interest and desire were not dominating passions in primitive peoples; they simply took them for granted. The entire reproductive experience was free from imaginative embellishment. The all-absorbing sex passion of the more highly civilized peoples is chiefly due to race mixtures, especially where the evolutionary nature has been stimulated by the associative imagination and beauty appreciation of the Nodites and Adamites. But this Andite inheritance was absorbed by the evolutionary races in such limited amounts as to fail to provide sufficient self-control for the animal passions thus quickened and aroused by the endowment of keener sex consciousness and stronger mating

82:1.7 The mating instinct is one of the dominant physical driving forces of human beings; it is the one emotion which, in the guise of individual gratification, effectively tricks selfish man into putting race welfare and perpetuation high above individual ease and personal freedom from responsibility.

#15 Absonite

Absonite

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

Since I know that those other ways of relating can be enjoyed without having sex - that sex can be enjoyed without those other ways of relating - and that both can be done together - then those so called sexual defects that somehow will be magically made up for by merely relating in those other ways, without having sex, means that none of it really has anything at all to do with sex, to me.

Insisting that sex necessarily must be conjoined with those other ways of relating - implying that one suffers from some sort of sexual defect if those two are not done together - then turning right around and insisting that correcting such sexual defects only involves engaging those other ways of relating, without having anything at all to do with having sex - is inconsistent and a questionable bait-and-switch, to me.

Edited by Absonite, 06 December 2012 - 10:01 AM.

#16 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

Since I know that those other ways of relating can be enjoyed without having sex - that sex can be enjoyed without those other ways of relating - and that both can be done together - then those so called sexual defects that somehow will be magically made up for by merely relating in those other ways, without having sex, means that none of it really has anything at all to do with sex, to me.

Insisting that sex necessarily must be conjoined with those other ways of relating - implying that one suffers from some sort of sexual defect if those two are not done together - then turning right around and insisting that correcting such sexual defects only involves engaging those other ways of relating, without having anything at all to do with having sex - is inconsistent and a questionable bait-and-switch, to me.

Just because we won't be literaly be having sex doesn't mean that they don't have some technique that gives us some deep enjoyment, that we could relate to sex. Maybe we join tails like in Avatar haha.

#17 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

Absonite - I hardly understand it myself but I am reminded that everything in Father's creation seems to follow and overlay by "pattern". From soil, seed, flower, to all other "relationships". Sex seems likely to be "in-pattern" of one sort or another....or its potential is in-pattern. Not the pleasure in self gratification but the sharing of intimacies within sex, as an ideal, must lead to an important outcome for the prilgrim's progress. My wife and I have recently been reading this very section and are also quite perplexed by both the methodologies and the purpose of this education. But I notice sex ed is listed independently of "family association and parental function" and so it must have its own importance, eh? Based on our origination and destiny, it is likely that human relationships remain a critical focus of education to come - to specify and identify and experience Father's ideals fully so that we are the better prepared to serve others in time and space. As far as I remember, the Material Sons and Daughters are the only sexual creatures not of mortal origination (?). Human sex is probably about the same in spectrum as is human affection compared to Father's divine love. It is not the act itself so much as the truths available to experience when sex reaches upward toward the ideal of sharing and caring for another. Or so I believe (for now)!! B)
Peace be upon you."

#18 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

How can you have intimate personal communion with the Spirit of Truth, how can you open your heart to him, if you have no experience with intimacy?

1:4.2 Notwithstanding that the Sovereign Creator Sons come near the creatures of their inhabited worlds and "draw all men to themselves"; though they "stand at the door" of consciousness "and knock" and delight to come in to all who will "open the doors of their hearts"; although there does exist this intimate personal communion between the Creator Sons and their mortal creatures, nevertheless, mortal men have something from God himself which actually dwells within them; their bodies are the temples thereof.

How can you bare your soul and stand naked, without secrets, before God if you cannot trust being similarly defenseless with another person?

12:7.13 Even though the Paradise Father functions through his divine creators and his creature children, he also enjoys the most intimate inner contact with you, so sublime, so highly personal, that it is even beyond my comprehension - that mysterious communion of the Father fragment with the human soul and with the mortal mind of its actual indwelling.

Worship is described as a romantic attitude.

143:7.8 Worship is the act of the son's personal communion with the divine Father, the assumption of refreshing, creative, fraternal, and romantic attitudes by the human soul-spirit.

And it ain't fer nothin' that they call the ascension career a romance!

112:7.18 What an adventure! What a romance! A gigantic creation to be administered by the children of the Supreme, these personalized and humanized Adjusters, these Adjusterized and eternalized mortals, these mysterious combinations and eternal associations of the highest known manifestation of the essence of the First Source and Center and the lowest form of intelligent life capable of comprehending and attaining the Universal Father.

#19 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

I cannot express my gratitude for this discussion. Much has been clarified and connected for me and I would share.

For now I know that I have tasted this fruit...and glimpsed this truth....of intimacy. Married for a quarter century without it, now together and married for 12 years WITH IT !!!!! To share intuition and premonition, to burst out in laughter simulteaneously, to twist humor and catch irony together, to visualize, to share priorities, and effortlessly execute the practical, to "glow together". Perhaps this is the "sex" ed liason rehab we must accomplish. For truly 2 are 10x better than one. I now look back and know of the same "power" and "truth" in such liasons with other best friends, partners, and "intersectors".....where the spark of understanding and productivity ignites a most satisfying feeling while harmony, balance, and potential are realized.

We Agondontors have a grand journey into adventure awaiting us. We will be paired and united in a team that must be "intimate". No doubt the Material Sons and Daughters have much to teach such as me about this harmonic partnership that depends upon "intimacy" and "trust" and "loyalty". Our potential is so much greater than our experience.

My wife wonders if such remedial "family" education might not include holy examples of parents, brothers, sisters, children......as so many pilgrims have no mortal examples of the loving and intimate potentials of many of these important experiences.

Thanks again for such an enlightening discussion.

Edited by Bradly aka/fanofVan, 08 December 2012 - 08:05 PM.

Peace be upon you."

#20 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

What might the creative force be like if two souls/morontia minds along with two TAs and 4 Seraphim and the Cosmic Mind and Supreme Being were in perfecting synchronization, balance, and harmony? All, or most, of us have experienced those times when two or more people find the "flow" of creativity and productivity, where everything that needs doing is effortlessly and without direction by one is accomplished in a true team work effort. It is most rewarding and fullfiling. Couples have the greatest potential, perhaps, in this thing called intimacy. Have you been so close to another that finnishing each other's words or even verbalizing another's thoughts is the least weird thing going on? Jazz and blues musicians should be able to relate.....from free style melodies overlaying rythm in an interplay of harmonics, a vibe is reached where every player knows exactly what's happening now, next, and later as though they are riding a relentless current of creative energy that is true, beautiful, and good. And what can the mind/spirit feel and see and be in such moments of total synchronicity of relationship?
Peace be upon you."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users