Photo

Wilfred Kellogg, the sleeping subject? So what?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Howard509

Howard509

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

The sleeping subject was asleep. His mind and personality were bypassed in order to prevent them from infiltrating the information given to the commission. All he was, was a physical body with a disinterested attitude and a tremendously experienced Thought Adjuster who could work with the Midwayers. We don't need to know him or even his Thought Adjuster, for that matter. He was just a vehicle with a mouth, lungs and larynx. All that is important is the information presented. You can accept it or reject it. All the rest is just ornaments on the tree, completely unnecessary to the tree. The only thing the ornaments do is make you think the tree is prettier.

This is assuming that the sleeping subject existed, which from the standpoint of historical evidence, might just be an assumption. We simply have to trust the integrity of the Contact Commission that there was a sleeping subject at all. They left us with no other option.

Edited by Howard509, 24 March 2013 - 12:42 AM.

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience. -
Teilhard de Chardin

#22 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

Well, I like to believe that he existed. And I especially like the name Edward Gore. Gore was my married name at the time a complete stranger walked up to my husband and me and handed us a copy of the Urantia Book and walked away never to be seen again. That was 43 years ago. I like the synergy of that even if it's not really true that he was the SS. It has the makings of an enticing story, maybe even a myth.

#23 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

Howard - here we are again discussing the "about" rather than that within...text or mind. Where is such unknowable speculation directed? Where the target of your aim? The UB is not a miracle and neither was its delivery and none claim it so. The actual papers were simply "materialized" by morontial angels and midwayers by some normal ability of their's to interact with the material, morontial, and spiritual levels of reality. The sleeping subjects only role was to remain calm (deep sleep) and engaged over a long period of time to allow his TA to provide some communication mechanism for the Contact Commission that were but instructional and informational for their assigned project....receive, print, and publish the Revelation. I have no idea what these normal processes were but there are no miracles. All that happens, happens within Father's laws of universe organization and function and purpose and plan....yes even evil by the gift of free will....but miracles? No. That which we call or claim as miracles is simply that which we cannot explain but Father can.

It would appear the angels were closely tied into this process for working with the subject, his TA, and the midwayers in this nonmiraculous process:

(1244.2) 113:3.1 One of the most important things a destiny guardian does for her mortal subject is to effect a personal co-ordination of the numerous impersonal spirit influences which indwell, surround, and impinge upon the mind and soul of the evolving material creature. Human beings are personalities, and it is exceedingly difficult for nonpersonal spirits and prepersonal entities to make direct contact with such highly material and discretely personal minds. In the ministry of the guarding angel all of these influences are more or less unified and made more nearly appreciable by the expanding moral nature of the evolving human personality.

(1244.3) 113:3.2 More especially can and does this seraphic guardian correlate the manifold agencies and influences of the Infinite Spirit, ranging from the domains of the physical controllers and the adjutant mind-spirits up to the Holy Spirit of the Divine Minister and to the Omnipresent Spirit presence of the Paradise Third Source and Center. Having thus unified and made more personal these vast ministries of the Infinite Spirit, the seraphim then undertakes to correlate this integrated influence of the Conjoint Actor with the spirit
presences of the Father and the Son.

(1244.6) 113:3.5 On the spiritual level, seraphim make personal many otherwise impersonal and prepersonal ministries of the universe; they are co-ordinators. On the intellectual level they are the correlators of mind and morontia; they are interpreters. And on the physical level they manipulate terrestrial environment through their liaison with the Master Physical Controllers and through the co-operative ministry of the midway creatures.

(1244.7) 113:3.6 This is a recital of the manifold and intricate function of an attending seraphim; but how does such a subordinate angelic personality, created but a little above the universe level of humanity, do such difficult and complex things? We do not really know, but we conjecture that this phenomenal ministry is in some undisclosed manner facilitated by the unrecognized and unrevealed working of the Supreme Being, the actualizing Deity of the evolving universes of time and space. Throughout the entire realm of progressive survival in and through the Supreme Being, seraphim are an essential part of continuing mortal progression.

The mechanism is not the point....but that which is revealed, explained, unified, expanded, and written for our personal religious experience in spirit and mind to find Father and come to know Him and ourself to better grow into mighty tadpoles and playful children in a friendly family with endless fun and adventure to come!! But then, all that must be read within that discussed here and lived daily for the transformative power of Revelation to be unleashed upon the life of us children. But I am so glad that it was Eddie Gore that did it, such a better story than Kellogg who seems so unlikely a suspect given the stories told by them who were actually there. But, as is so often true in rank speculation and unfounded rumors, so what?? Does the identity matter? Does the process of delivery matter? I think I will cling to my indifference on this one and hold fast to my personal knowledge of and time with some forumites and their children who shared a very consistant story of those times with me and many others, much of which has been written by their hand as well. I believe them.....and still, it does not matter.
Peace be upon you."

#24 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

I think that if you need an outer authority to help you accept truth, then you're not allowing yourself to be led by your inner authority.

#25 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

Incidentally, I wanted to add that I just found the 1910 census for Wilfred C Kellog and he was living with his mother Emma and brother Ray at 26 Hill St., Battle Creek, Michigan at that time. Way, way too far away from Sadler to be the SS.

#26 Howard509

Howard509

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

I think that if you need an outer authority to help you accept truth, then you're not allowing yourself to be led by your inner authority.

As a student of history, I am interested in the existence of the sleeping subject as a historical question. If the sleeping subject didn't exist, then the story would have been a cover for Sadler and/or other human authors for the Urantia Book. Sadler, already familiar with trance mediums, could have concocted a story as a vehicle for his own ideas. I am not saying this was the case.

The point is that we have to take on faith that the sleeping subject existed, based on our own personal spiritual experience of reading the papers. No one knows for certain who wrote the New Testament Gospels, and yet they've revealed the person and teachings of Jesus to billions of Christians for two thousand years. I would judge the Urantia Book the same way, based on the content of its teachings rather than its authorship.

Edited by Howard509, 24 March 2013 - 01:01 PM.

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience. -
Teilhard de Chardin

#27 Colter

Colter

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:04 AM

A direct phone line was installed from the SS's apartment to the Sadler’s, someone could track that down if they wanted. :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users