Lev Schoonhoven

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Cosmology

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

Dear friends,

While the charge of racism against the Urantia Book is based upon superficial readings without any awareness of the history of science and the evolutionary nature of language, the description of the forum topic "Progressive Civilization" as "The colored races, eugenics and other controversial topics in The Urantia Book" is most unfortunate given that it uses a term in the Urantia Book that applies to all "pure" (Sangik) races of color, but when used in this framework, makes the worst possible application of the text's terminology. Anyone reading this without having read the Urantia Book itself would conclude quite reasonably that the forum was devoted to illusions of racial purity as it has been misconceived by bigots throughout the course of time. I would urge you to remove the word "colored" as a descriptor of 'races' as it suggests to any literate person that readers of this text believe in some form of racial supremacy when the text explicitly states "there are no pure races in the world today". [1]

Lev

Edited by Lev Schoonhoven, 02 December 2012 - 11:23 PM.

#2 Rev. Dr. Red

Rev. Dr. Red

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Studying and preaching Truth.
    More info at http://ReverendDrRed.com

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

I agree word usage plays alot today. However, the UB is looked at as many things from outsiders. People will always judge based on societal norms. Are we to be so politically-correct, that much as Christianity has become perverse and corrupt, and Judaism, that the UB should likewise follow suit? From where i sit, the UB community already has those trying to corrupt and pervert the UB. Why make the ground fertile for such acts of evil? Naysayers will always find something to say. So then should we remain silent? Keep Jesusonian all to ourselves? For if we were to do that, would we not be fulfilling the naysayers self-diagnosis of UB readers as being an exclusive cult? Rather than worry about how naysayers may see things, as they already do im sure, lets instead figure out how to get them to read such a powerful and enlightening revelation. Watering-down, going politically-correct, and walking on egg shells is not the answer. If Jesus/Christ Michael and the Apostles have done so, surely the revelation would not have spread as it did and we may not have the UB today, but rather sometime in the distant future.

#3 Lev Schoonhoven

Lev Schoonhoven

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

I agree word usage plays alot today. However, the UB is looked at as many things from outsiders. People will always judge based on societal norms.

The suggestion points to the way this forum makes use of the term "colored" describing discussion of race and bio-ethical decisions concerning reproduction as the terminology does not represent its use in the Urantia text as it is not possible to discuss something the text says does not exist. Otherwise, where might discussion of "non-colored" e.g. the racial amalgam that characterizes the world population today appear on this forum?

#4 Rev. Dr. Red

Rev. Dr. Red

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

Thats looking like a White V The World type attitude. Is white not a color? Or is it simply blank? If we do not get passed todays problems and fear-mongering, they will forever exist. Is the UB not higher than such a primal way of thinking?

#5 Lev Schoonhoven

Lev Schoonhoven

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Thats looking like a White V The World type attitude. Is white not a color? Or is it simply blank? If we do not get passed todays problems and fear-mongering, they will forever exist. Is the UB not higher than such a primal way of thinking?

Students of the Urantia text know that the "so-called white races" are an amalgamation. [1] as are all others but remnants of the "colored races".

#6 Rev. Dr. Red

Rev. Dr. Red

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

I admit im not far into.the UB yet. However, from my expertise on the Bible, Koran, and study of 32 faiths, history, and prophecy; Im going to make the suggestion that you are making a problem out of nothing. Rather than lift society, you urge to keep society in the now. I am going to make the "raaaaaaacist" comment and say you are either white trying to "disavow" your "whiteness" OR you are black trying to push the the "white payback" for "slavery" since everythings the white mans fault. Now i could be wrong,but thats the attitude you are giving and the society you wish not to leave.

#7 Lev Schoonhoven

Lev Schoonhoven

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

Now i could be wrong,but thats the attitude you are giving and the society you wish not to leave.

When you have read the Urantia text, let me know what you think. In the event you choose not to read it, I enclose the following.

Racism worships the skin we inhabit by chance, religion the spirit we embrace by choice.

The former is slavery which cries for freedom, the latter a liberty which delights in limits.

One makes claim of the body as who we are, the other speaks of the soul we are becoming.

Eternal light breaks itself into the colors of time only to become rebound as artistry sublime.

#8 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Gentlemen,

Thanks much for your insights and participation around this topic, they have real value. And the moderator team likes it very much when the issues are dissected, as opposed to each other. :D Email makes it soo hard to estimate another's true intentions and inflections, much less the color of skin. Therefore do Forum rules hope to encourage a focus on the thread under discussion, as the subject relates to the teachings. The purpose of this Forum is the study and discussion of the text, but the moderator team also encourages members to use our private message system as needed for off topic and personal exchanges. Click on the envelope icon at the top of every page.

Thanks again.

#9 brooklyn_born

brooklyn_born

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Interests:Urantia, Bible, mysticism, metaphysics, computers.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

"there are no pure races in the world today". [1]

Lev

That pretty much sums it up.

#10 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Soccer, Movies, Games,

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

"Colored races" could definteley set some new reader off if they thought we were excluding white people as non-colored. Which is defintely what most people think of white people as. When in fact we are part of the colored races.

Edited by Warren Scott, 04 December 2012 - 12:25 AM.

If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#11 Coop

Coop

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

"there are no pure races in the world today". [1]

Lev

'' That pretty much sums it up.''

Yes , Correct
Thats Why So Called Racism IS Really A Non Issue
After Reading and understanding the UB Papers .

Because "there are no pure races in the world today". [1]

Were , Mankind IS A Admixture , A Combo Platter , ALL Mixed Together Today .

At Sometime in the Future ALL Of Mankind Will Become Fully
Blended into one Pure Race .
Simple Logic Tells US That This Will BE So .
And WE Shall Become A Single Harmonious Whole .

I Wish and Pray That Mankind Will Come To Understand
and Accept These Truths in The UB Papers
Sooner Rather Than Later .
Personaly I Like and Enjoy The Present Mix of Diversity Today .

MAMASTE

Edited by Coop, 04 December 2012 - 10:42 PM.

#12 Coop

Coop

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

http://www.ubthenews...eports_List.htm

http://www.ubthenews...rantia_Book.htm

Eugenics, Race, and The Urantia Book

Please contribute whatever you can to support this effort. Every bit helps. Thanks.
You can purchase a Kindle version of this report for $2.99 by clicking here.
Prepared by Halbert Katzen, J.D. with ongoing editorial support from Andrew Myers and Claire Miller. Chris Halvorson, Ph.D. assisted on Appendix 1.
[Originally published 1/1/11, revised 2/7/12

Posted Image

Edited by Coop, 04 December 2012 - 10:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users