• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#121 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

A Thought to Ponder from The Urantia Book

Posted Image

"We incline to the belief that the eternal future will witness phenomena of universe evolution which will far transcend all that the eternal past has experienced. And we anticipate such tremendous adventures, even as you should, with keen relish and ever-heightening expectation."

(263.2) 23:4.6
Peace be upon you."

#122 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

Fellow Peace Lovers,

These are not words straight from Melchizedek but he supervised the Midwayer Commissioners, who added their insights on the source of social and political peace, to Jesus' peacemaker beatitude:

"...Happy are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God." Jesus' hearers were longing for military deliverance, not for peacemakers. But Jesus' peace is not of the pacific and negative kind. In the face of trials and persecutions he said, "My peace I leave with you." "Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." This is the peace that prevents ruinous conflicts. Personal peace integrates personality. Social peace prevents fear, greed, and anger. Political peace prevents race antagonisms, national suspicions, and war. Peacemaking is the cure of distrust and suspicion.... (140:5.18)

Those words seem quintessentially germane with regard to this thread.

#123 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

“The power of this kingdom shall consist, not in the strength of armies nor in the might of riches, but rather in the glory of the divine spirit that shall come to teach the minds and rule the hearts of the reborn citizens of this heavenly kingdom, the sons of God. This is the brotherhood of love wherein righteousness reigns, and whose battle cry shall be: Peace on earth and good will to all men. This kingdom, which you are so soon to go forth proclaiming, is the desire of the good men of all ages, the hope of all the earth, and the fulfillment of the wise promises of all the prophets. (140:1.3)

Edited by Alina, 24 February 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#124 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

I invite everyone to read Paper 52- Planetary Mortal Epochs and reflect on the many signs of progression we share today therein....while the text says we are "out of step", this does not mean we ain't dancing too!! This paper describes or illustrates how Father makes lemonade out of every lemon as Urantia has managed many progressions on normal planets but without many forms of normal leadership and yet by compensatory agents and acts to keep us on the dance floor. I thought we might work through each mortal epoch described and identify some of the ways Urantia has progressed through these epochs into this very hybrid planetary upliftment ministry. We have skipped and distorted many steps to be sure but the Revelation has moments where the authors seem rather awed themselves by Urantia's march into Light and Life to come. We are admonished to view today, history, and our future through the lense of the cosmic citizen residing in a loving universe of relentless inevitabilities within the limitlessness of potentials of truth, beauty, and goodness.

6. Urantia’s Post-Bestowal Age

(597.2) 52:6.1 The bestowal Son is the Prince of Peace. He arrives with the message, “Peace on earth and good will among men.” On normal worlds this is a dispensation of world-wide peace; the nations no more learn war. But such salutary influences did not attend the coming of your bestowal Son, Christ Michael. Urantia is not proceeding in the normal order. Your world is out of step in the planetary procession. Your Master, when on earth, warned his disciples that his advent would not bring the usual reign of peace on Urantia. He distinctly told them that there would be “wars and rumors of wars,” and that nation would rise against nation. At another time he said, “Think not that I have come to bring peace upon earth.”

(589.13) 52:1.4 In the light of subsequent civilization, this era of primitive man is a long, dark, and bloody chapter. The ethics of the jungle and the morals of the primeval forests are not in keeping with the standards of later dispensations of revealed religion and higher spiritual development. On normal and nonexperimental worlds this epoch is very different from the prolonged and extraordinarily brutal struggles which characterized this age on Urantia. When you have emerged from your first world experience, you will begin to see why this long and painful struggle on the evolutionary worlds occurs, and as you go forward in the Paradise path, you will increasingly understand the wisdom of these apparently strange doings. But notwithstanding all the vicissitudes of the early ages of human emergence, the performances of primitive man represent a splendid, even a heroic, chapter in the annals of an evolutionary world of time and space.

(591.5) 52:2.5 But the Planetary Prince is not “the Prince of Peace.” Racial struggles and tribal wars continue over into this dispensation but with diminishing frequency and severity. This is the great age of racial dispersion, and it culminates in a period of intense nationalism. Color is the basis of tribal and national groupings, and the different races often develop separate languages. Each expanding group of mortals tends to seek isolation. This segregation is favored by the existence of many languages. Before the unification of the several races their relentless warfare sometimes results in the obliteration of whole peoples; the orange and green men are particularly subject to such extinction.

(591.6) 52:2.6 On average worlds, during the latter part of the prince’s rule, national life begins to replace tribal organization or rather to be superimposed upon the existing tribal groupings. But the great social achievement of the prince’s epoch is the emergence of family life. Heretofore, human relationships have been chiefly tribal; now, the home begins to materialize.

(595.6) 52:5.1 When a certain standard of intellectual and spiritual development is attained on an inhabited world, a Paradise bestowal Son always arrives. On normal worlds he does not appear in the flesh until the races have ascended to the highest levels of intellectual development and ethical attainment. But on Urantia the bestowal Son, even your own Creator Son, appeared at the close of the Adamic dispensation, but that is not the usual order of events on the worlds of space.

(595.7) 52:5.2 When the worlds have become ripe for spiritualization, the bestowal Son arrives. These Sons always belong to the Magisterial or Avonal order except in that case, once in each local universe, when the Creator Son prepares for his terminal bestowal on some evolutionary world, as occurred when Michael of Nebadon appeared on Urantia to bestow himself upon your mortal races. Only one world in near ten million can enjoy such a gift; all other worlds are spiritually advanced by the bestowal of a Paradise Son of the Avonal order.

When in doubt....keep dancing!! :P
Peace be upon you."

#125 Raymond

Raymond

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Golf, Cooking.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

Finished reading paper 52. Again it reminds me how far we have to yet travel. Discouraging at first - but also full of hope. The many mental misfits and a different order of capitalistic family life are for me great barriers to be overcome. A new economic order seems inevitable and seems to be starting. World War on terrorism is in place and hopefully can be resolved by common sense - common political sense if possible ( an oxymoron)? But the Hope for me is the early advent of this revelation! If I heard correctly - has been revealed 50 years earlier than planned. We are seemingly the 1st generation to seed this revelation for the next millenium to come? At least that is my understanding. I was hopeful that the aztec calander ending was the origination of a new era for us. The advent of a Teacher Son! But I can't rush the Divine Plan.

#126 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

There is much evidence that many of the social progressions listed below are taking place today with a variety of success and failure. But self centered leadership is indeed an obstacle still. Leadership rises in crisis in ways it does not in prosperity....or it is replaced by its victims eventually. Believers are the leaven, as suggested by Raymond, but we are not acting alone and it would be error to doubt the power and the purposfulness of the ministering celestials bringing all manner of forces to bear. We look for the crocus in the snow and they are all around. Oh, there's a daffodil too.

B)

(597.3) 52:6.2 Even on normal evolutionary worlds the realization of the world-wide brotherhood of man is not an easy accomplishment. On a confused and disordered planet like Urantia such an achievement requires a much longer time and necessitates far greater effort. Unaided social evolution can hardly achieve such happy results on a spiritually isolated sphere. Religious revelation is essential to the realization of brotherhood on Urantia. While Jesus has shown the way to the immediate attainment of spiritual brotherhood, the realization of social brotherhood on your world depends much on the achievement of the following personal transformations and planetary adjustments:

(597.4) 52:6.3 1. Social fraternity. Multiplication of international and interracial social contacts and fraternal associations through travel, commerce, and competitive play. Development of a common language and the multiplication of multilinguists. The racial and national interchange of students, teachers, industrialists, and religious philosophers.

(597.5) 52:6.4 2. Intellectual cross-fertilization. Brotherhood is impossible on a world whose inhabitants are so primitive that they fail to recognize the folly of unmitigated selfishness. There must occur an exchange of national and racial literature. Each race must become familiar with the thought of all races; each nation must know the feelings of all nations. Ignorance breeds suspicion, and suspicion is incompatible with the essential attitude of sympathy and love.

(597.6) 52:6.5 3. Ethical awakening. Only ethical consciousness can unmask the immorality of human intolerance and the sinfulness of fratricidal strife. Only a moral conscience can condemn the evils of national envy and racial jealousy. Only moral beings will ever seek for that spiritual insight which is essential to living the golden rule.

(598.1) 52:6.6 4. Political wisdom. Emotional maturity is essential to self-control. Only emotional maturity will insure the substitution of international techniques of civilized adjudication for the barbarous arbitrament of war. Wise statesmen will sometime work for the welfare of humanity even while they strive to promote the interest of their national or racial groups. Selfish political sagacity is ultimately suicidal — destructive of all those enduring qualities which insure planetary group survival.

(598.2) 52:6.7 5. Spiritual insight. The brotherhood of man is, after all, predicated on the recognition of the fatherhood of God. The quickest way to realize the brotherhood of man on Urantia is to effect the spiritual transformation of present-day humanity. The only technique for accelerating the natural trend of social evolution is that of applying spiritual pressure from above, thus augmenting moral insight while enhancing the soul capacity of every mortal to understand and love every other mortal. Mutual understanding and fraternal love are transcendent civilizers and mighty factors in the world-wide realization of the brotherhood of man.

Peace be upon you."

#127 Raymond

Raymond

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

It's hard to believe after reading your above post that I actually read the same paper! I quess I was viewing from a half empty cup.Spiritual Pressure from above would be welcomed. Yet, I know one of your areas of expertise is the economy. Do you visualize the way capitalism is and has been utilized is in a flux of change? Do you see the profit motive taking a back seat?

#128 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

All I can say for sure is that consumerism and profits are in the midst of their most dynamic flux EVER right now. Things are changing rapidly. Actually they've been fundamentally changing for 2000 years.....there was a tiny middle class in Jesus time. But capitalists NEED consumers....even if they must invent them, like Henry Ford did when he doubled pay and shortened hours. He did NOT do this from altruism (hardly) but he had the vision to see buyers in his factories and across the land. Capitalists SUPPLY demand and they create the demand by feeding capital to the masses. Prior to Mr. Ford, the trades and the free farm elevated productivity and wealth for more and more but it was industrialization that moved the masses into the middle class. Now, the mechanization and digitization revolution is displacing the less educated and skilled, creating a real conundrum for capital - machines don't get sick or take any time off or go on strike or need benefits and pensions.....but they're really bad customers for selling and profiteering too! So, it is an interesting time to see how far this will go here - job displacement will reorganize economics profoundly.

But that is the European, Japanese, and North American story. The most opportunities for change lie elsewhere. For 70% of the world's population is still in the 17th or 18th century where even mechanization and infrastructure are primitive. Suddenly though, they have Nikies and Sonys and cell phones and Disney!! Demand is booming globally and these new markets and younger, growing populations will certainly change much about what we know today about economics. Globalization has already resulted in central banking, trade organizations, currency exchanges, etc. and more and more jobs and profits in the Big 3 above are derived by export markets. This is bringing much greater cooperation between nations...for now....because my job and your job depends on peace AND prosperity of others. This is new....brand new. America never cared about what went on anywhere else because we were internally self sufficient. We needed materials and resources for sure....but we built our own stuff for our own population and it did not matter what other economies accomplished. Isolationism is DEAD. This change is also an accelerant, meaning progress will not be slow. It will not be painless and it will be ugly. And climate combined with population pressures will likely ignite some desperate wars in our future. But they will not be like the cold war between 2 giants who will kill everything and everybody by killing each other. So I think we passed mutual assured destruction, which is truly the beginning of this new era. When the Wall came down, the world changed again forever.

So, yes I think capitalism is building a bridge from our past into our future. And it is morphing into a new form today. If we could but turn our swords into plowshares (or iphones), I believe the capitalists could create a better world for religionists to lead us forward. But war, greed, and stupid/selfish leaders still rule the world....and capitalism owns these too. I'll not see peace and propsperity in my lifetime but I have found it in my life and I share that with any and all as I pass by. My favorite religious leader today, the Dali Lama, says a time is coming, one soul and love act at a time, when there is more love than not and love will overwhelm power, swiftly, once we reach a point of critical mass. I think the UB teaches exactly the same thing.....but we've got a lot more help than some might think, eh?
Peace be upon you."

#129 Raymond

Raymond

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

All I can say for sure is that consumerism and profits are in the midst of their most dynamic flux EVER right now. Things are changing rapidly. Actually they've been fundamentally changing for 2000 years.....

.... When the Wall came down, the world changed again forever.

And it is morphing into a new form today.

My favorite religious leader today, the Dali Lama, says a time is coming, one soul and love act at a time, when there is more love than not and love will overwhelm power, swiftly, once we reach a point of critical mass. I think the UB teaches exactly the same thing.....but we've got a lot more help than some might think, eh?

Thank you Bradly. How then do corporations now legally defined as 'persons' fit in for you? This is not 'morphing to me. Russia and China regardless of their political or societal declarations are now competitive capitalistic societies. The Dali Lama I know very little about... but from what I've seen - he lives outside of the world reality as it is today. Sorry, but I see him as a 'good' person but not realistic. In favor of his living in an isolated reality, but practically - don't get him.

A major sift to service motive is not evident. Yet you did previously post something to the fact that capitalism is allowing for humanitarian programs. Are we still in the midst of secular humanitarianism or have we started to step into the moral spiritual arena? Or does it really matter - as long as values be they humanitarian or not prevail?

#130 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

On the Dali Lama - I suggest reading one of his many books on truth, beauty, and goodness (you may want to read another when done) and he is one of the most widely traveled, respected, and audienced people on the planet. He certainly transcends Tibet and he does support many teachings in our text. But I am no prosletyzer for him or any. I was only trying to illustrate that there are many who feel the same way.....love is what is needed most by all and we know its transformative power, yes?

The morphing of capitalism - many emerging economies are changing capitalism and free markets in ways not dissimilar to how democracy is changing within the societies and cultures which begin to embrace it. It is not an American or European model and the word "free" is distorted even further than in the old capital structures. I do not think the institutions of government or commerce are getting any more or much more altruistic toward workers, customers, or the public in general. But the rising middle class and many in the high net worth class are redirecting or deploying more and more hours and supplies and cash and expertise to their favorite nonprofit service agencies and charities. So, yes I think there is evidence of the spiritization of capital "intent" by those who earned it, inherited it, won it, etc. I think this is an expression in its truest sense of the values found within truth, beauty, goodness and love motive. I am very encouraged by these trends and their collective impact. But money is amoral. It requires a person to act morally, even spiritually, with it. Is there not plenty of evidence of this? I predict nothing but change....I prefer the eating of sausage to watching it get made. This will not be glorious or gracious but difficult and filled with failures and setbacks. Sounds in-pattern for now. But we know things actually will get better don't we? And we know they have. And it is to this that Rick began this thread....evidence of peace to come.
Peace be upon you."

#131 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

(591.3) 52:2.3 When the Planetary Prince arrives on a primitive world, the evolved religion of fear and ignorance prevails. The prince and his staff make the first revelations of higher truth and universe organization. These initial presentations of revealed religion are very simple, and they usually pertain to the affairs of the local system. Religion is wholly an evolutionary process prior to the arrival of the Planetary Prince. Subsequently, religion progresses by graduated revelation as well as by evolutionary growth. Each dispensation, each mortal epoch, receives an enlarged presentation of spiritual truth and religious ethics. The evolution of the religious capacity of receptivity in the inhabitants of a world largely determines their rate of spiritual advancement and the extent of religious revelation.

(591.4) 52:2.4 This dispensation witnesses a spiritual dawn, and the different races and their various tribes tend to develop specialized systems of religious and philosophic thought. There uniformly run through all of these racial religions two strains: the early fears of primitive men and the later revelations of the Planetary Prince. In some respects Urantians do not seem to have wholly emerged from this stage of planetary evolution. As you pursue this study, you will the more clearly discern how far your world departs from the average course of evolutionary progress and development.

(592.1) 52:2.8 During this age agriculture makes its appearance. The growth of the family idea is incompatible with the roving and unsettled life of the hunter. Gradually the practices
of settled habitations and the cultivation of the soil become established. The domestication of animals and the development of home arts proceed apace. Upon reaching the apex of biologic evolution, a high level of civilization has been attained, but there is little development of a mechanical order; invention is the characteristic of the succeeding age.

While we have not "wholly emerged", we have gained much ground in agriculture, transportation, communication, trade, engineering, mechanics, science, medicine, education, and monotheism, etc. that comes during and after the Prince's reign. Urantia "departs from the average course" and yet we progress by the ministries of our unseen friends.

(593.5) 52:3.6 The result of the gift of the Adamic life plasm to the mortal races is an immediate upstepping of intellectual capacity and an acceleration of spiritual progress. There is usually some physical improvement also. On an average world the post-Adamic dispensation is an age of great invention, energy control, and mechanical development. This is the era of the appearance of multiform manufacture and the control of natural forces; it is the golden age of exploration and the final subduing of the planet. Much of the material progress of a world occurs during this time of the inauguration of the development of the physical sciences, just such an epoch as Urantia is now experiencing. Your world is a full dispensation and more behind the average planetary schedule.

(594.1) 52:3.10 The post-Adamic epoch is the dispensation of internationalism. With the near completion of the task of race blending, nationalism wanes, and the brotherhood of man really begins to materialize. Representative government begins to take the place of the monarchial or paternal form of rulership. The educational system becomes world-wide, and gradually the languages of the races give way to the tongue of the violet people. Universal peace and co-operation are seldom attained until the races are fairly well blended, and until they speak a common language.

(594.2) 52:3.11 During the closing centuries of the post-Adamic age there develops new interest in art, music, and literature, and this world-wide awakening is the signal for the appearance of a Magisterial Son. The crowning development of this era is the universal interest in intellectual realities, true philosophy. Religion becomes less nationalistic, becomes more and more a planetary affair. New revelations of truth characterize these ages, and the Most Highs of the constellations begin to rule in the affairs of men. Truth is revealed up to the administration of the constellations.

(596.2) 52:5.4 The bestowal Son lives and dies for the spiritual uplift of the mortal races of a world. He establishes the “new and living way”; his life is an incarnation of Paradise truth in mortal flesh, that very truth — even the Spirit of Truth — in the knowledge of which men shall be free.

Let us not feel too sorry for ourselves, eh? Read the timelines for epochs. The Prince = 500,000 years (and normally comes within a thousand of Andon and Fonta...but not here). Adam and Eve would still be here working on their one million birth goal....our dear Mother Eve. Don't know her gestation cycle but a million kids would take some time if they came 2-4 at a time, eh? (I think easily another 100,000 - 250,000 years) The Sons stay 25,000 to 50,000 years per mission. And there can be multiple ones. The post bestowal Son age lasts 10,000, - 100,000 years. So while we remain retarded and misguided in many important ways, the time line seems "normal" enough despite the hybridization of our upliftment. We are less than 500,000 years from the Prince's arrival today. I don't know if we might be ahead of anything progressively speaking but we are positioned for mighty evolutionary changes still underway. My glass remains "half full" - as did Amadon's and Van's. I am not expectant for me or mine but fully confident that the Most Highs rule in the kingdoms of humankind. Seems silly and evil to doubt them, no? Are we not Agondontors??!!!!

;)

Edited by Bradly aka/fanofVan, 26 February 2013 - 07:00 PM.

Peace be upon you."

#132 Raymond

Raymond

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

You're good, Bradly. I currently came across a documentary on mysticism as an experience is to view oneness - unity with the universe - granting a peace beyond human understanding. Just started viewing it. I believe that the UB is very cautioonary about this. So far, I would assume that the Dali Lama is a mystic. I'm not against this approach seems that it certainly would give faith in divinity a boost. Seems to me that this mystic approach would in reality eliminate the need of the UB - since truth, beauty and goodness would be encompassed with such an experience. Actually I am envious of those having had this experience since it is beyond words and study. Have experienced 'flashes' and moments of peace - but nothing of lasting duration. In short, although we are out of step - seems it would be more digestible with a mystical experience that changes one's viewpoint/attitude with this experience. Oh yes, the easier road for me - guess I most struggle and progress slowly.

#133 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

Yes, mysticism gets great cautionary admonishment but it does depend on the form and the focus. There are mystics who drug or starve themselves into the mystic state and there are those who get deep but not high....no Father connection and no real seeking of Him. But there are many benign, even helpful, forms of focus and noise elimination which can clear the mind in its pursuit of the higher and greater and Father too. I feel the Dali Lama has made great spiritual progress in mind and is not godless as some budhists are. My biggest obstacle is his reputed origin.....the being of one Dali reincarnates into the next one "found" as successor. So, I'm no Tibetan budhist for sure. But a wise mind finds truth under many rocks and in many words by many minds which are, like our own, unique perspectives which offer the opportunity for my mind or another to benefit thereby....if our prejudice in favor of our own perspective and context allows it.

But the mind of a believer can touch divinity and hear Him without any special training or mystic states.....prayer, contemplation, worship, song, and many forms of approach pay dividends based on the investment made in them....time, practice, persistance, love. What a combination. Mysticism keeps more people from God I think than it delivers up to Him. Why? It's difficult. Takes lots of work and time. The impatient and foolish seek a pill or a guru to "make" them enlightened. I certainly did. The old man on the mountain laughed out loud when I approached to be touched on the forehead or something, seeking the magic key to holiness. "Well my son, living the material life is not easy....but it is infinitely easier than enlightenment. So, I'll see you here on Saturdays for work in the gardens. But go now and get a job and a home and a car and a life. Then return on Saturday and we will begin this journey together." I was so disappointed. I had just hitchiked across the dang country with little money but a mind full of Gurdjief, Zen, Tao, and Jesusonian - I mean I was READY for enlightenment dang it!!!! What a wonderful, if unappreciated, gift of straight talk....and he didn't ask for money! I was running away from life and all the hypocracy and lies and betrayal and blindness and meaness I had begun to recognize all around me as a teenager in the 60s. I wanted to put an ocean of truth in a half pint soul. I know the Reversionists watch that reel over and over, laughing their celestial behinds off....and yes, they're gonna make me watch it too. Someday. But it is already funny to me too.

Anything, anything at all, that leads the mind away from the fears and fetters of the material, in pursuit of Father's truth, beauty, goodness, and love cannot be all bad or even all that bad, eh? But discipline, effort, thoughtfulness, discernment, faith, and service to others is not an easy path....or not at first. But eventually, you find the wind at your back, the path straight and level beneath the feet, the sun shining overhead, the birds sing, you humm along and whistle while you work, and you hear the children laugh in total confidence in their life and the love that comes to them every day. Enlightened innocense. Playful and poised in the adventure of the moment. What a life!!

Now, while it is true that there are no facts or truths within the Revelation which are required knowledge for progress, let us not dismiss its value and power too quickly, eh? This map of our origin and destiny, this guide to the cosmos and our spirit/mind circuitry, and all the agents and agencies of Father working in coordination and cooperation for His purpose, plan, and potentialities is no small thing. It is a textbook of knowledge which can help seekers to add and eliminate concepts, to overcome misconception, and faulty practices and priorities, no? It will definitely accelerate spiritization of any devout student and truth seeker. But like the mystic told me....this ain't easy or quick. No pill to take and no magic fingers to the forehead. The UB should broaden our religious experience and make us eager to engage those other seekers looking for Father and within truth, beauty, and goodness.....regardless of where or how they seek Him. They each know something I do not or have a faith greater than my own with less knowledge than me. So much to learn.

B)
Peace be upon you."

#134 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

FanofVan, How I understand you! :rolleyes:

"There benign forms regarding the mystical"
I think UB, has carefully mystical concept, by misuse, too often indiscriminate.
We seek a religious experience, that moves us, encourage us, to show us, in a way, another reality.
But such experiences or events in our lives can never be forced.
Those who have a journey, wearing the soles of shoes, searching and searching .. know that the effort is worth, because we realized ... but after a long way ... we will not find a treasure, just around the corner, it could happen, but most likely it will not.
Everything serves, we are making our capital, even when we were wrong, if we learn to use and maintain the property, we have already won. But not, kept in a box, sitting ...That's it! I have nothing more to do.No, every step, every stretch, costly, sometimes it is very difficult,While looking back at the road from where we started to where we are now, joy flows smoothly. because we realize that it has not been in vain so many sacrifices, so many disappointments.
No one gives us anything, we have what belongs to us, and our ideal, to the front.Nobody can do anything for us, except ourselves.
We will not get what we want from the bustle of the words, themselves or others, from the bustle of modern life.Is very close to what we want. but need a little quiet, be with yourself, listening to our inner being, so perhaps it may happen a connection with the Credit Bank, and the mystery is no more. You will not need to go, to and fro.
I see people with their momentum, I see people believe, naively, that has information related to the
spiritual and thus believes that there is nothing more to do.
But the reality is difficult ... difficult to achieve.
Credits are! we just have to learn to make good use of them, then find them.
We are immensely rich, but often we forget. :D

(556.5) 48:7.5 3. Inherent capacities cannot be exceeded; a pint can never hold a quart. The spirit concept cannot be mechanically forced into the material memory mold.

(556.6) 48:7.6 4. Few mortals ever dare to draw anything like the sum of personality credits established by the combined ministries of nature and grace. The majority of impoverished souls are truly rich, but they refuse to believe it.

(556.10) 48:7.10 8. Effort does not always produce joy, but there is no happiness without intelligent effort.

(557.2) 48:7.18 16. You cannot perceive spiritual truth until you feelingly experience it, and many truths are not really felt except in adversity

Love...

Alina

#135 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

There will be no Peace on Earth until we raise our eyes to heaven and we dive into its depths.
When the true religion in place to enable the practice of Ethics,
Hard to imagine in these times!
This will bring a new world, unrecognizable to our current conditions.
When this value is identified by humanity, anything is possible!

Looking to the future, to our delight: :D

(388.7) 35:3.20 The schools of universe administration and spiritual wisdom are located on the Melchizedek home world, where also are to be found those schools devoted to a single line of research, such as energy, matter, organization, communication, records, ethics, and comparative creature existence.

(388.8) 35:3.21 In the Melchizedek College of Spiritual Endowment all orders — even the Paradise orders — of the Sons of God co-operate with the Melchizedek and the seraphic teachers in training the hosts who go forth as evangels of destiny, proclaiming spiritual liberty and divine sonship even to the remote worlds of the universe. This particular school of the Melchizedek University is an exclusive universe institution; student visitors are not received from other realms.

(388.9) 35:3.22 The highest course of training in universe administration is given by the Melchizedeks on their home world. This College of High Ethics is presided over by the original Father Melchizedek. It is to these schools that the various universes send exchange students. While the young universe of Nebadon stands low in the scale of universes as regards spiritual achievement and high ethical development, nevertheless, our administrative troubles have so turned the whole universe into a vast clinic for other near-by creations that the Melchizedek colleges are thronged with student visitors and observers from other realms. Besides the immense group of local registrants there are always upward of one hundred thousand foreign students in attendance upon the Melchizedek schools, for the order of Melchizedeks in Nebadon is renowned throughout all Splandon.

Edited by Alina, 28 February 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#136 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

(385.4) 35:2.1 The Melchizedeks are the first order of divine Sons to approach sufficiently near the lower creature life to be able to function directly in the ministry of mortal uplift, to serve the evolutionary races without the necessity of incarnation. These Sons are naturally at the mid-point of the great personality descent, by origin being just about midway between the highest Divinity and the lowest creature life of will endowment. They thus become the natural intermediaries between the higher and divine levels of living existence and the lower, even the material, forms of life on the evolutionary worlds. The seraphic orders, the angels, delight to work with the Melchizedeks; in fact, all forms of intelligent life find in these Sons understanding friends, sympathetic teachers, and wise counselors.

(385.5) 35:2.2 The Melchizedeks are a self-governing order. With this unique group we encounter the first attempt at self-determination on the part of local universe beings and observe the highest type of true self-government. These Sons organize their own machinery for their group and home-planet administration, as well as that for the six associated spheres and their tributary worlds. And it should be recorded that they have never abused their prerogatives; not once throughout all the superuniverse of Orvonton have these Melchizedek Sons ever betrayed their trust. They are the hope of every universe group which aspires to self-government; they are the pattern and the teachers of self-government to all the spheres of Nebadon. All orders of intelligent beings, superiors from above and subordinates from below, are wholehearted in their praise of the government of the Melchizedeks.

Edited by Alina, 26 March 2013 - 12:23 PM.

#137 menno

menno

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Lifetime pursuit: Searching for truth. Found the Urantia Book to be an excellent source. I feel fortunate to have an original 1955 copy of "Big Blue" given to me by a friend in the book selling Business. Hobbies: traveling through the mountains in my Yukon XL

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

Alina;

You posted my favorite quote concerning the Melchizedeks; (385.5) 35:2.2

Thank You

Menno

#138 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

Thanks Menno! Also one of mine! :)

Greetings friend!

Alina

#139 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

4. Special Work of the Melchizedeks

(388.10) 35:4.1 A highly specialized branch of Melchizedek activities has to do with the supervision of the progressive morontia career of the ascending mortals. Much of this training is conducted by the patient and wise seraphic ministers, assisted by mortals who have ascended to relatively higher levels of universe attainment, but all of this educational work is under the general supervision of the Melchizedeks in association with the Trinity Teacher Sons.

(389.1) 35:4.2 While the Melchizedek orders are chiefly devoted to the vast educational system and experiential training regime of the local universe, they also function in unique assignments and in unusual circumstances. In an evolving universe eventually embracing approximately ten million inhabited worlds, many things out of the ordinary are destined to happen, and it is in such emergencies that the Melchizedeks act. On Edentia, your constellation headquarters, they are known as emergency Sons. They are always ready to serve in all exigencies — physical, intellectual, or spiritual — whether on a planet, in a system, in a constellation, or in the universe. Whenever and wherever special help is needed, there you will find one or more of the Melchizedek Sons.

(389.2) 35:4.3 When failure of some feature of the Creator Son’s plan is threatened, forthwith will go a Melchizedek to render assistance. But not often are they summoned to function in the presence of sinful rebellion, such as occurred in Satania.

(389.3) 35:4.4 The Melchizedeks are the first to act in all emergencies of whatever nature on all worlds where will creatures dwell. They sometimes act as temporary custodians on wayward planets, serving as receivers of a defaulting planetary government. In a planetary crisis these Melchizedek Sons serve in many unique capacities. It is easily possible for such a Son to make himself visible to mortal beings, and sometimes one of this order has even incarnated in the likeness of mortal flesh. Seven times in Nebadon has a Melchizedek served on an evolutionary world in the similitude of mortal flesh, and on numerous occasions these Sons have appeared in the likeness of other orders of universe creatures. They are indeed the versatile and volunteer emergency ministers to all orders of universe intelligences and to all the worlds and systems of worlds.

(389.4) 35:4.5 The Melchizedek who lived on Urantia during the time of Abraham was locally known as Prince of Salem because he presided over a small colony of truth seekers residing at a place called Salem. He volunteered to incarnate in the likeness of mortal flesh and did so with the approval of the Melchizedek receivers of the planet, who feared that the light of life would become extinguished during that period of increasing spiritual darkness. And he did foster the truth of his day and safely pass it on to Abraham and his associates.

#140 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

Hello to all!

It would not be strange that within not too long, requiring the direct intervention of Urantia Melchizedek.
It is not difficult to deduce if we look at our world as it is these days.
From all angles, there are very marked imbalances, but that would not be anything important if we had
with the ability to project the future, but it turns out that this is not in sight, such is the degree of complexity that is submerged Urantia in this time of transition.
Still being optimistic, positive, fearless, temporal reality we come to experience and is for those who want to see it. The indifference is pathetic Or is it something else?
But my attention as people prefer to remain in the distractions of life, instead of addressing the issues and think about the future to come.
Because civilization is at risk if ...three quarters of its youth enter materialistic professions and devote themselves to the pursuit of the sensory activities of the outer world.

(1220.1) 111:4.2 Meanings are derived from a combination of recognition and understanding. Meanings are nonexistent in a wholly sensory or material world. Meanings and values are only perceived in the inner or supermaterial spheres of human experience.

(1220.2) 111:4.3 The advances of true civilization are all born in this inner world of mankind. It is only the inner life that is truly creative. Civilization can hardly progress when the majority of the youth of any generation devote their interests and energies to the materialistic pursuits of the sensory or outer world.

(1220.3) 111:4.4 The inner and the outer worlds have a different set of values. Any civilization is in jeopardy when three quarters of its youth enter materialistic professions and devote themselves to the pursuit of the sensory activities of the outer world. Civilization is in danger when youth neglect to interest themselves in ethics, sociology, eugenics, philosophy, the fine arts, religion, and cosmology.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users