• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#21 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

I must admit confusion here. As fellow students of the Revelation, we quote and compare text to brings its perspective to bear on such issues as peace, antiC, spirit progress, planetary upliftment, truth, etc. While there is room for some "interpretive" discussion within the text, nontheless, we can only offer that which we study together, believe from that, and experience. When Bonita says there is no antiC and discusses world peace, she is not offering her opinion but her (and my) understanding of the Revelation in black letter presentation. This is not to say it is true but that it is what is written and believed by those who believe the Revelation is that and believe what it reveals. Truth is only true to those who believe it and who so believe by the realization of truth by its experience. Some complex issues have been raised by Red here....and my responses are sourced the same as Bonita's....within revealed text.

Truth - this is one that takes much study for surely I too once believed there was A truth that was ALL true and I looked high and low for it (too high sometimes). But the UB clearly teaches that while there is an absolute truth, it is very similar to both eternity and infinity. The mind can say the words but it cannot conceive the actuality of God or eternity or infinity or absolute Truth. Mortals within the gifts of time and free will can only receive truth incompletely, incrementally, and progressively....by learning "truths" we approach THE Truth which does not reside in time and space and the mortal/morontial sequential experience. Jesus even did not teach THE truth but truths by which one may grow in spirit into greater truths. He taught in parables on purpose to reveal both greater and lesser truths within the same truth for each mind to grasp within its own personal experiential levels of truth discernment. No mortal mind has ever or will ever know THE truth due to the inherencies within pattern and the differences between time/space and eternity/infinity. And thus the call to unity without uniformity as there can never be uniformity of time sequenced experiential realities including truth realization - not here and not on the Mansion worlds either. True, more truths become more common shared among more ascender pilgrims the further up the experience trail we all progress - but we've barely begun here. The very point of the Revelation was to give such common truths to the fellowship of believers for sharing context and perspective and reduce misconception and the prejudice of ignorance.

World Order - this one I didn't even get as a child and is one of many reason for my early departure from christianity and for two reasons: first it is a fear based teaching and second, it don't make no sense. I was taught in church that everything the UB recites as evidence of planetary progression toward light and life was evil and a trick of the devil himself. That the UN and the world bank and NATO and free trade and exchange students was actually evidence of the coming apocolypse and judgement. It was not progress I was seeing but the end of the world. Huh? We were not being delivered from darkness but into darkness and the certain despair that all nonchristians would soon suffer for the folly of cooperative progress. Huh? Not only was I taught to fear God and the devil but also the future of our world. I now find this to be a very primitive and fearful expectation, especially when based on evidence to the contrary....more peace means more danger.

Now I'm a big believer in the conspiracy theory....or at least my own. I claim but two: the first is the conspiracy of power which acts (or more correctly, effects others to act on its behalf) to concentrate itself, protect itself, enlarge itself, and express itself. Money and mortal authority are like God in this way - they also are no respecter of persons as any may be poisened by the alure and self gratification of power....it cares not who and what may be destroyed in its nefarious pursuits. The second conspiracy is the one of Heaven which acts always to bring man to God and God to man, both personally and by planetary progress. We have so many working so hard for so long to bring us to peace and harmony and unity and christians call their successes NWO antiC results. The poor angels of progress....blamed for success and labeled agents of the devil by the very church established in their Master Creator's name who so employs them. If there were an antiC, it would be greed, fear, ignorance, and prejudice....it would be UNholy, not holy. Only those who embrace damnation and destruction to come can cling to such beliefs. Jesus gave us the truth....God is love. He is not found in fear or by fear. The more fearful the christian the less Christ within the so-called christian. No one who knows Christ knows fear so well as those who worry about the devil and damnation.....and thereby, also fear planetary progression toward peace. Do not give God credit for good news but rather Satan? Good news is bad news? And bad news is good? Interesting to contemplate how the priests could get christians to such a place. Does not gospel mean "good" news? What did the Master tell us to fear??

Just read Brother Rick's post as I finnish this....the divine conspiracy indeed!! Fear Not! Be in peace and give it one to another...in His name.
Peace be upon you."

#22 Rev. Dr. Red

Rev. Dr. Red

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Studying and preaching Truth.
    More info at http://ReverendDrRed.com

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Im not looking to proselytize. If people dont discuss differences, how then can they teach one another? Oh well, i offered. To each his/her own.

Sorry for the double-post. My page reloaded and reposted.

Edited by Rev. Dr. Red, 05 December 2012 - 05:50 PM.

#23 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

This is an interesting slant on achieving global peace. On worlds where Adams and Eves are successful, racial blending combines with monolingualism to create peace. From a Mighty Messenger in Paper 52:3:

...The post-Adamic epoch is the dispensation of internationalism. With the near completion of the task of race blending, nationalism wanes, and the brotherhood of man really begins to materialize. Representative government begins to take the place of the monarchial or paternal form of rulership. The educational system becomes world-wide, and gradually the languages of the races give way to the tongue of the violet people. Universal peace and co-operation are seldom attained until the races are fairly well blended, and until they speak a common language.... P.594 - 1

#24 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

Im not looking to proselytize. If people dont discuss differences, how then can they teach one another? Oh well, i offered. To each his/her own.

Oh, okay. That means that I can teach you something, right? Allow me to try again. There is no antichrist and the lack of peace in the world has nothing at all to do with the devil because there is no such thing as a devil. This is basic TUB 101. If you really are here to learn about TUB, then you might find that very interesting and ask some questions rather than try to prove that your belief in antichrist conspiracies are truth and fact. And maybe you will also cease accusing people who don't agree with the conspiracy as being arrogant and ignorant.

Didn't you say that you feel called to preach, or teach, people about the Urantia Book? If you feel called to do that, then why not take some time to study what it says? Frankly, if you plan to go out into the world preaching about antichrists, I'll beg you please to never mention the Urantia Book. Please! This is way too important to just gloss over with placating, can't we all get along, kumbaya rhetoric. This is really serious stuff. The Urantia Book was given to us in order to get rid of these erroneous beliefs. Let it go on my universe record that I absolutely, wholeheartedly oppose any such fallacious teaching in connection with this Revelation.

#25 Rev. Dr. Red

Rev. Dr. Red

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

I am reading and studying the UB. Thus far what im seeing by many is in great contradiction to the entirety of Part 1. Many have said they chose certain areas of the book. Im reading cover to cover. Perhaps many need to go back and read Part 1 and understand the basics. Trust me, noone knows more about how serious all this is than i do.

P.S.- You are also at fault for viewing me as a "Stereotypical" Christian. That i am not. Upto now, yes my ministry focused 100% on the Bible in comparison to other texts. However, i am also using my ministry to show the fallacies and institutionalization of Catholicism, Protestantism, and many other faiths. My aim is Truth. Dont view me as whatever so-called Christian experience you may or nay not have had by so-called Christians.

Edited by Rev. Dr. Red, 05 December 2012 - 07:18 PM.

#26 JR Sherrod

JR Sherrod

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:I am a Lapidary, and Jewelry Artist & Designer. I love reading the Urantia Book, science fiction, and speculative non-fiction. I am a Choral Singer. I was, at various times in my past, a Military Policeman, Police Instructor, Computer Programmer/Analyst, and Post-secondary technical instructor. I love astronomy, aeronautice & aerospace, and planes & rockets of all types. I bicycle and walk for fun and fitness. I am an Advanced Toastmaster - Bronze. I write Autobiographic Self-Help, and Speculative Non-Fiction.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Oh, okay. That means that I can teach you something, right? Allow me to try again. There is no antichrist and the lack of peace in the world has nothing at all to do with the devil because there is no such thing as a devil. This is basic TUB 101. If you really are here to learn about TUB, then you might find that very interesting and ask some questions rather than try to prove that your belief in antichrist conspiracies are truth and fact. And maybe you will also cease accusing people who don't agree with the conspiracy as being arrogant and ignorant.

Didn't you say that you feel called to preach, or teach, people about the Urantia Book? If you feel called to do that, then why not take some time to study what it says? Frankly, if you plan to go out into the world preaching about antichrists, I'll beg you please to never mention the Urantia Book. Please! This is way too important to just gloss over with placating, can't we all get along, kumbaya rhetoric. This is really serious stuff. The Urantia Book was given to us in order to get rid of these erroneous beliefs. Let it go on my universe record that I absolutely, wholeheartedly oppose any such fallacious teaching in connection with this Revelation.

You know what, Red? I am in complete agreement with Bonita on this point.

We who have received The Urantia Book are a few, compared with the many who still haven't heard about it, nor read it. Understanding that it paints a glorious picture of a future without strife among various religions, that it offers a future where mankind is united in peace, achievement, government, language, and spiritual hope is the goal of every student of TUB.

You are a student, so give studying a chance to bear fruit! If you must continue to earn money off your preaching and teaching; then choose you this day who you will serve! Old, religious fear-mongering has no place within the soul of a true student of TUB! We are to unleash good. We are to serve up heaping platters of hope and faith in the ultimate goodness of God. We are to spend our days reaching for our bright future as sons of God. We are to spend our days loving as Jesus did!

When we embrace our true futures as Ascending Sons of God, we will certainly walk rugged paths. We will certainly become acquainted with disappointment, setback, struggle, and growth. We will come to perfect our FAITH and our PURPOSE, through the pilgrim's voyage from Mortal, fallible man, to endlessly growing spirituality attainment as a Morontia Progressor, to fledgeling Spirit to the portals of Havona. After we attain Havona, we will have a BILLION world experiences to REALLY STUDY, and REALLY LEARN what it means to be a Son of God - and then we may attempt to find the very presence of the Almighty God!

So, dear Brother, learn well that TUB has brought into your life. Become a faithful student, and an Ambassador of Hope & Faith to any you associate with. Yes, it may very well mean that your professional achievements as a preacher may fall by the wayside. You need to come to grips with the fact that old-time religious fears are to be avoided. You may have to come to grips with the fact that we are to guide fellow Urantians toward a God who doesn't count mistakes and doesn't need a blood sacrifice to earn his love. You will eventually have to choose between continuing to be a NWO alarm-ringing Anti-Christ spouting fear-mongeror, or becoming a trumpet of the ultimate goodness of God & his humongous cosmos, teaming with friendly life forms and exceptional opportunities for achievement for every man, woman & child!

I do not think it will be an easy transition, but I am confident you can do it.

Edited by JR Sherrod, 05 December 2012 - 07:15 PM.

Ah! To be host to God, Himself; and to be enriched beyond measure by that incomprehensible treasure!

#27 Rev. Dr. Red

Rev. Dr. Red

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

Wow. Just wow. JR you are just as guilty as anyone of your stereotypes. Why do you think im wealthy because im a pastor? Why do you feel im trying to scare people? I speak truth. If people cant handle it, not my problem. Knowing whats coming people can safeguard themselves with Gods love you suggest im speaking against. Secondly im BROKE. I have nothing to my name. I am poorer than the poor man in the soup kitchen (ok, bad analogy). Im NOT in this for the money. Im in this for GOD, for TRUTH. Maybe if you viewed the "About" pages on my websites you would know this. But no, instead you look to pre-judging and stereotyping because of my "title". Sorry, but the Bible nor what ive seen in the UB suggest that that is acceptable behaviour of someone with such a "higher" understanding as you all claim to.have. Now some of you are quite open-minded and intelligent. But others of you are precisely why it took me 1 1/2yrs to finally decide to read the book and it is precisely this attitude that is turning me off and keeping others away. People will and do judge the book by the attitudes of the readers. Thanks to the internet they need only read a few websites to see the attitude of the readers, perhaps this is another reason why so many call UBers a cult? Perhaps this is why so many refuse to read it? If you were truly enlightened you would not judge on stereotypes of an office or "title" of another nor would you put a past experience on someone who happens to be in the field your bad experience was.

#28 JR Sherrod

JR Sherrod

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:I am a Lapidary, and Jewelry Artist & Designer. I love reading the Urantia Book, science fiction, and speculative non-fiction. I am a Choral Singer. I was, at various times in my past, a Military Policeman, Police Instructor, Computer Programmer/Analyst, and Post-secondary technical instructor. I love astronomy, aeronautice & aerospace, and planes & rockets of all types. I bicycle and walk for fun and fitness. I am an Advanced Toastmaster - Bronze. I write Autobiographic Self-Help, and Speculative Non-Fiction.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

Wow. Just wow. JR you are just as guilty as anyone of your stereotypes. Why do you think im wealthy because im a pastor? Why do you feel im trying to scare people? I speak truth. If people cant handle it, not my problem. Knowing whats coming people can safeguard themselves with Gods love you suggest im speaking against. Secondly im BROKE. I have nothing to my name. I am poorer than the poor man in the soup kitchen (ok, bad analogy). Im NOT in this for the money. Im in this for GOD, for TRUTH. Maybe if you viewed the "About" pages on my websites you would know this. But no, instead you look to pre-judging and stereotyping because of my "title". Sorry, but the Bible nor what ive seen in the UB suggest that that is acceptable behaviour of someone with such a "higher" understanding as you all claim to.have. Now some of you are quite open-minded and intelligent. But others of you are precisely why it took me 1 1/2yrs to finally decide to read the book and it is precisely this attitude that is turning me off and keeping others away. People will and do judge the book by the attitudes of the readers. Thanks to the internet they need only read a few websites to see the attitude of the readers, perhaps this is another reason why so many call UBers a cult? Perhaps this is why so many refuse to read it? If you were truly enlightened you would not judge on stereotypes of an office or "title" of another nor would you put a past experience on someone who happens to be in the field your bad experience was.

After watching several of your web-casts, I am of the opinion that you are seeking to make at least a meager living as a preacher, and as a purveyor of a Divinity-Degree program. I am not pre-judging you and your intentions, sir. I am merely pointing the way to a better future as a "Citizen of Eternity" in our Heavenly Father's kingdom. Such a better way tends to help a person cast-off out-dated spiritual fears, and drop myths & fables.

Believe me, I do know a little bit about what those fears and worries can lead to.

My money-making activities have undergone big changes, specifically because of what I have learned from this Big, Blue Book. I envision that yours will have to similarly change. I have had to face ex-communication from among my church fellows because I refuse to continue to teach about the torture and murder of Christ being because God demanded his blood to wash away my sins. I understand clinging to comfortable caccoons of established religions because I have done that. I understand chasing conspiracy theories because I have done that. I understand believing in demons and devils and anti-christs because I have done that. I understand about viewing the world through the eyes of a wounded combat-veteran because I have done that. I understand fearing to rock the boat with my friends and family about TUB because I have done that! I understand living with the fact that family members have killed themselves and wondering if it was because of a lack of thought, action, or care on my part - because I have done that. I understand about being a charismatic, bible-thumping Preacher, because I have done that.

I know how hard it is to change from what I was to what I am today, because I am doing that now. It has made me stronger, and more joyful in my life - but that has been a difficult road because of the baggage I have been compelled to drop by the wayside. It might mean something similar is going to happen in the life of any who really give God a chance, and who mature in their worship & beliefs in concert with the teachings within The Urantia Book.
Ah! To be host to God, Himself; and to be enriched beyond measure by that incomprehensible treasure!

#29 Rev. Dr. Red

Rev. Dr. Red

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

Thanks for your insights JR. Perhaps when i reach the back cover i may see things different, and perhaps not. My ministry is evolving as myself and team discover new truths. And am i looking to pay my bills? Yes. Not to be a millionaire. I dont need the newest car or big house. If by chance, i make more than what i need to survive, it will be turned over to spread Truth that much faryher and help house the countless homeless families.

#30 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

(66.5) 5:4.1 The morality of the religions of evolution drives men forward in the God quest by the motive power of fear. The religions of revelation allure men to seek for a God of love because they crave to become like him. But religion is not merely a passive feeling of “absolute dependence” and “surety of survival”; it is a living and dynamic experience of divinity attainment predicated on humanity service.

(66.6) 5:4.2 The great and immediate service of true religion is the establishment of an enduring unity in human experience, a lasting peace and a profound assurance. With primitive man, even polytheism is a relative unification of the evolving concept of Deity; polytheism is monotheism in the making. Sooner or later, God is destined to be comprehended as the reality of values, the substance of meanings, and the life of truth.

(67.1) 5:4.3 God is not only the determiner of destiny; he is man’s eternal destination. All nonreligious human activities seek to bend the universe to the distorting service of self; the truly religious individual seeks to identify the self with the universe and then to dedicate the activities of this unified self to the service of the universe family of fellow beings, human and superhuman.

Jesus attracted all followers by who He was....humanly, as brother and friend with humor and joy in complete confidence of all outcomes but with empathy for all who lived in fear. All fear IS anti-Christ and anti-God. A righteous voice preaching in their names, will have no anger and no fear and no blame and no mysteries in bringing the good news godspel to the children of this world. May the friends of peace and the enemies of fear be united in our example of poise and trust in Father and His power, plan, purpose, love, mercy, and goodness. Ours is but to live as happy tadpoles, giving love and service to others, as we playfully skip along the progress hiway. There is nothing to fear. And try not to throw stones at the hornet's nest as we pass by, for anger stings.....everybody around.

Edited by Bradly aka/fanofVan, 06 December 2012 - 09:17 AM.

Peace be upon you."

#31 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

People will and do judge the book by the attitudes of the readers.

Yes, and if you claim to be a reader and you have an attitude that promotes fear and hostility, and you go about teaching and preaching the Urantia Book with that attitude, then people will judge the book according to your attitude. And that would be an absolute travesty.

Incidentally, I am deeply indignant at seeing you use the three blue concentric circles in the middle of a symbol that represents the Crusades, and to add insult to that reference to hideous religious wars you add the word Messiah. The Urantia Book has nothing to do with war, crusades or messiahs. Honestly, I am inclined to insist that you remove the Urantia Book symbol from your emblem. It's an outrage.

#32 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

I think somebody borrowed this teaching gem from the evolved religions:

You may be the only version of the Urantia Book people will ever see.

And Jesus had one that the Bible and the UB share, Red, about putting new wine in old skins.

#33 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

Not to lose sight of the theme of this thread, peace on Earth (it feels like I'm presenting an essay on peace by Melchizedek, amid a war :D He said this about peace and spirit fruit creation in 56:10:

...To finite man truth, beauty, and goodness embrace the full revelation of divinity reality. As this love-comprehension of Deity finds spiritual expression in the lives of God-knowing mortals, there are yielded the fruits of divinity: intellectual peace, social progress, moral satisfaction, spiritual joy, and cosmic wisdom. The advanced mortals on a world in the seventh stage of light and life have learned that love is the greatest thing in the universe--and they know that God is love.... P.648 - 3

#34 Rev. Dr. Red

Rev. Dr. Red

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

This will be my LAST post of this sort. Rick, I apologize.

Yes, and if you claim to be a reader and you have an attitude that promotes fear and hostility, and you go about teaching and preaching the Urantia Book with that attitude, then people will judge the book according to your attitude. And that would be an absolute travesty.

Incidentally, I am deeply indignant at seeing you use the three blue concentric circles in the middle of a symbol that represents the Crusades, and to add insult to that reference to hideous religious wars you add the word Messiah. The Urantia Book has nothing to do with war, crusades or messiahs. Honestly, I am inclined to insist that you remove the Urantia Book symbol from your emblem. It's an outrage.

Bonita- Do you realize you have the same attitude you claim of me? And who are you to tell me what i may or may not use as a name for MY ministry. And who are you to tell me what i may or may not use as the logo of such. Do you even know the TRUTH behind the Crusades? Better yet do you know how im using the symbol? Evidently not. You also give me the impression you atleast skipped over Part 1 if not more of the UB, and as many others of other texts do, are picking and choosing and perverting text to fit God into the confines of your mortal and finite comprehension of reality, rather than grasp onto truth. You want to teach LOVE and PEACE? Two options: Go back to the 1960's or start SHOWING it. Your absolute arrogance and sheer ignorance of all that is outside your imagination of no evil (which the UB DOES speak of) is absolutely amazing.

Heres food for thought, rather than continue this war please cease to aim posts in my direction. By so doing you are making me NOT want to read the book. It is people like you. Perhaps you should learn from Rick, Bradley, JR. They made me feel welcome and they know how to get you thinking. To me, They are pure examples of the UB. You are a mere wannabe. Either get out of your little box and learn the FACTS of the world and READ the UB (atleast Part 1) or please cease to aim messages at me. Im not here for war. I also choose to not have a mere mortal turn me away from God and/or halt my understanding. Lest you are willing to discuss facts in a civil manner ALL communication between you and I are over.

You show absolutely no respect for my views, my opinions, or my ministry. You show absolutely no will of learning about me and speaking to me accordingly, instead you judge me based on your false preconceptions and sheer misunderstanding. I will not tolerate such. If you wish to not exist in reality, nor of facts, nor of understanding; that is fine. Stay away from me. All i am feeling from you is utter hatred and utmost disrespect. Try practicing what it is you preach.

#35 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

(1129.8) 103:1.1 The unity of religious experience among a social or racial group derives from the identical nature of the God fragment indwelling the individual. It is this divine in man that gives origin to his unselfish interest in the welfare of other men. But since personality is unique — no two mortals being alike — it inevitably follows that no two human beings can similarly interpret the leadings and urges of the spirit of divinity which lives within their minds. A group of mortals can experience spiritual unity, but they can never attain philosophic uniformity. And this diversity of the interpretation of religious thought and experience is shown by the fact that twentieth-century theologians and philosophers have formulated upward of five hundred different definitions of religion. In reality, every human being defines religion in the terms of his own experiential interpretation of the divine impulses emanating from the God spirit that indwells him, and therefore must such an interpretation be unique and wholly different from the religious philosophy of all other human beings.

(1130.1) 103:1.2 When one mortal is in full agreement with the religious philosophy of a fellow mortal, that phenomenon indicates that these two beings have had a similar religious experience touching the matters concerned in their similarity of philosophic religious interpretation.

(1130.2) 103:1.3 While your religion is a matter of personal experience, it is most important that you should be exposed to the knowledge of a vast number of other religious experiences (the diverse interpretations of other and diverse mortals) to the end that you may prevent your religious life from becoming egocentric — circumscribed, selfish, and unsocial.

1131.9) 103:2.10 Man tends to identify the urge to be self-serving with his ego — himself. In contrast he is inclined to identify the will to be altruistic with some influence outside himself — God. And indeed is such a judgment right, for all such nonself desires do actually have their origin in the leadings of the indwelling Thought Adjuster, and this Adjuster is a fragment of God. The impulse of the spirit Monitor is realized in human consciousness as the urge to be altruistic, fellow-creature minded. At least this is the early and fundamental experience of the child mind. When the growing child fails of personality unification, the altruistic drive may become so overdeveloped as to work serious injury to the welfare of the self. A misguided conscience can become responsible for much conflict, worry, sorrow, and no end of human unhappiness.

(1939.5) 179:3.7 In like manner the Master went around the table, in silence, washing the feet of his twelve apostles, not even passing by Judas. When Jesus had finished washing the feet of the twelve, he donned his cloak, returned to his place as host, and after looking over his bewildered apostles, said:

(1939.6) 179:3.8 “Do you really understand what I have done to you? You call me Master, and you say well, for so I am. If, then, the Master has washed your feet, why was it that you were unwilling to wash one another’s feet? What lesson should you learn from this parable in which the Master so willingly does that service which his brethren were unwilling to do for one another? Verily, verily, I say to you: A servant is not greater than his master; neither is one who is sent greater than he who sends him. You have seen the way of service in my life among you, and blessed are you who will have the gracious courage so to serve. But why are you so slow to learn that the secret of greatness in the spiritual kingdom is not like the methods of power in the material world?

(1940.1) 179:3.9 “When I came into this chamber tonight, you were not content proudly to refuse to wash one another’s feet, but you must also fall to disputing among yourselves as to who should have the places of honor at my table. Such honors the Pharisees and the children of this world seek, but it should not be so among the ambassadors of the heavenly kingdom. Do you not know that there can be no place of preferment at my table? Do you not understand that I love each of you as I do the others? Do you not know that the place nearest me, as men regard such honors, can mean nothing concerning your standing in the kingdom of heaven? You know that the kings of the gentiles have lordship over their subjects, while those who exercise this authority are sometimes called benefactors. But it shall not be so in the kingdom of heaven. He who would be great among you, let him become as the younger; while he who would be chief, let him become as one who serves. Who is the greater, he who sits at meat, or he who serves? Is it not commonly regarded that he who sits at meat is the greater? But you will observe that I am among you as one who serves. If you are willing to become fellow servants with me in doing the Father’s will, in the kingdom to come you shall sit with me in power, still doing the Father’s will in future glory.”

Can I wash someone's feet here?
Peace be upon you."

#36 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

My brother and sister. I can appreciate the passion of your positions and see the good in them. You've each had a say, I would now like to close this topic for a day, and come back tomorrow with more about Melchizedek's ideas on the obstacles to peace on Urantia. You're both welcome to post again, but please take a look at Forum rules 1,2 & 3.

http://urantia.invis...tion=boardrules

PS. Thanks Bradly.

#37 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

In Paper 62:3 a Life Carrier reaches far, far into our past to expose the earliest periods of peace on Urantia:

...These mid-mammals were the first to exhibit a definite construction propensity, as shown in their rivalry in the building of both treetop homes and their many-tunneled subterranean retreats; they were the first species of mammals ever to provide for safety in both arboreal and underground shelters. They largely forsook the trees as places of abode, living on the ground during the day and sleeping in the treetops at night.

As time passed, the natural increase in numbers eventually resulted in serious food competition and sex rivalry, all of which culminated in a series of internecine battles that nearly destroyed the entire species. These struggles continued until only one group of less than one hundred individuals was left alive. But peace once more prevailed, and this lone surviving tribe built anew its treetop bedrooms and once again resumed a normal and semipeaceful existence.... P.705 - 6

#38 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

Forum Friends,

Peace on Urantia, when will it come? Never?

There has been peace, temporary peace, in our long past. Often times associated with a great leader, a great unifer of tribes, clans, races and states under God.

This too is from a Life Carrier, Paper 63:6, regarding our racial history and peace. Onagar was a descendant of the first human family, almost a million years ago, and became the first "truth teacher". Onagar's descendants are the Inuit, the Eskimo peoples:

...As the Andonic dispersion extended, the cultural and spiritual status of the clans retrogressed for nearly ten thousand years until the days of Onagar, who assumed the leadership of these tribes, brought peace among them, and for the first time, led all of them in the worship of the "Breath Giver to men and animals...." P.715 - 8

From 64:6:

...Because of this great retrogression the red men seemed doomed when, about sixty-five thousand years ago, Onamonalonton appeared as their leader and spiritual deliverer. He brought temporary peace among the American red men and revived their worship of the "Great Spirit." Onamonalonton lived to be ninety-six years of age and maintained his headquarters among the great redwood trees of California. Many of his later descendants have come down to modern times among the Blackfoot Indians.

As time passed, the teachings of Onamonalonton became hazy traditions. Internecine wars were resumed, and never after the days of this great teacher did another leader succeed in bringing universal peace among them. Increasingly the more intelligent strains perished in these tribal struggles; otherwise a great civilization would have been built upon the North American continent by these able and intelligent red men.

...The yellow man. The primitive yellow tribes were the first to abandon the chase, establish settled communities, and develop a home life based on agriculture. Intellectually they were somewhat inferior to the red man, but socially and collectively they proved themselves superior to all of the Sangik peoples in the matter of fostering racial civilization. Because they developed a fraternal spirit, the various tribes learning to live together in relative peace, they were able to drive the red race before them as they gradually expanded into Asia.... P.723 - 6

#39 rock

rock

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Perhaps you miss my point. It preaches it not as good but as evil. Bible - the rule of the Anti-Christ. That should be an example even you can understand.

What The New Testament says about antichrists?

1. John 2:18

Little children, it is the last hour. Just as you heard that an antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. This is how we know it is the last hour.

1. John 2:22

Who is a liar but the person who denies that Jesus is the Christ? The person who denies the Father and the Son is the antichrist.

1. John 4:3

But every spirit who does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist. You have heard that he is coming, and now he is already in the world.

2. John 1:7

For many deceivers have gone out into the world. They refuse to acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. Any such person is a deceiver and an antichrist.

I found that much about antichrist.

#40 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

Hi all,

If peace on Urantia is going to be had, it will have to come from commerce, according to Melchizedek.

Another thing he declares that deserves our attention--if we truly want to find peace and lasting freedom from fear--is religion. Mel said this in 99:2. It is titled

WEAKNESS OF INSTITUTIONAL RELIGION

...The institutionalized church may have appeared to serve society in the past by glorifying the established political and economic orders, but it must speedily cease such action if it is to survive. Its only proper attitude consists in the teaching of nonviolence, the doctrine of peaceful evolution in the place of violent revolution--peace on earth and good will among all men.

Modern religion finds it difficult to adjust its attitude toward the rapidly shifting social changes only because it has permitted itself to become so thoroughly traditionalized, dogmatized, and institutionalized. The religion of living experience finds no difficulty in keeping ahead of all these social developments and economic upheavals, amid which it ever functions as a moral stabilizer, social guide, and spiritual pilot. True religion carries over from one age to another the worth-while culture and that wisdom which is born of the experience of knowing God and striving to be like him.... P.1087 - 8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users