#1 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

Dear Forum Members and Guests,

One of the most frank and (personally) startling statements from the Revelators about achieving our long sought after peace, was this one from a Melchizedek (70:3), one of the wise men of our celestial overseers:

...The peace of Urantia will be promoted far more by international trade organizations than by all the sentimental sophistry of visionary peace planning. Trade relations have been facilitated by development of language and by improved methods of communication as well as by better transportation....

He goes on:

...The absence of a common language has always impeded the growth of peace groups, but money has become the universal language of modern trade. Modern society is largely held together by the industrial market. The gain motive is a mighty civilizer when augmented by the desire to serve.... P.787 - 4

This is the season when the western world begins to chant the ancient adage that still goes unfulfilled, 'Peace on Earth'. Now we are shown the way by one who knows many worlds, many campaigns, many great teachers.

It seems worthy of highlighting on the Forum, and in our war-ridden world at this time of the year when we celebrate the life and teachings of the "Prince of Peace", so that we can intelligently steer the honorable drive for peace in the right direction. And a chance to hear others' reactions to Melchizedek's unorthodox peace declaration.

#2 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

This "commercial" trade pattern must be the norm on many, or most, planets, eh? Both Dalmatia and the Garden were very focused on "exchange", bringing in students and sending them out as teachers, developing technologies and products for trade, teaching commerce with true value exchange so that trade would displace conquest so mutual beneficience within the golden rule would win over the heathens and barbarians.

While today's captialism is far from the ideal taught by our leadership of yore, it leads to redistribution and inclusion in organic and unintended ways resulting in a new opportunity in the 21st century. From slavery, through sweat shops, into unionization and regulation, and by greed and ruthless competition, capitalism has spread to become a globalization force that is powerful and IMO irreversible. The free exchange of ideas, materials, services, transportation, goods, and capital when combined with digitization and universal communication will change us greatly. May we find our way beyond this secular monstrosity to cooperation and service, in love for all. One sign of that hopeful outcome is the measure of capital being committed to true service of our brothers and sisters who suffer multiple forms of calamity around our world. It is inspiring to watch humanity in true service to itself and to Father's children. The wonder of our Lord - to work through every primitivism for the improvement to come...the good fruit from bad soil or weed patch eventually brings forth another harvest of planetary progress. Amazing.
Peace be upon you."

#3 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

This "commercial" trade pattern must be the norm on many, or most, planets, eh? Both Dalmatia and the Garden were very focused on "exchange", bringing in students and sending them out as teachers, developing technologies and products for trade, teaching commerce with true value exchange so that trade would displace conquest so mutual beneficience within the golden rule would win over the heathens and barbarians.

While today's captialism is far from the ideal taught by our leadership of yore, it leads to redistribution and inclusion in organic and unintended ways resulting in a new opportunity in the 21st century. From slavery, through sweat shops, into unionization and regulation, and by greed and ruthless competition, capitalism has spread to become a globalization force that is powerful and IMO irreversible. The free exchange of ideas, materials, services, transportation, goods, and capital when combined with digitization and universal communication will change us greatly. May we find our way beyond this secular monstrosity to cooperation and service, in love for all. One sign of that hopeful outcome is the measure of capital being committed to true service of our brothers and sisters who suffer multiple forms of calamity around our world. It is inspiring to watch humanity in true service to itself and to Father's children. The wonder of our Lord - to work through every primitivism for the improvement to come...the good fruit from bad soil or weed patch eventually brings forth another harvest of planetary progress. Amazing.

Beautifully said!

#4 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

The free exchange of ideas, materials, services, transportation, goods, and capital when combined with digitization and universal communication will change us greatly. May we find our way beyond this secular monstrosity to cooperation and service, in love for all.

The keyword here is FREE. Trade is not free today and it's getting worse with punitive taxes, tariffs, fees, etc.. When people are afraid to have wealth because others revile them for it, they begin to do weird things in order to avoid the social stigma. Unfortunately, today we have retrogressed to fear of wealth rather than embracing the freedom it allows. We should be encouraging wholesome stewardship rather than attempting to control people's wealth with retributive discipline. And this also applies to trade embargoes and financial restrictions on war mongering nations. The positive approach always works best. It's just that mankind has not evolved far enough yet to adopt such a spiritual option.

69:5.14-15 But it is only fair to record that many an ancient rich man distributed much of his fortune because of the fear of being killed by those who coveted his treasures. Wealthy men commonly sacrificed scores of slaves to show disdain for wealth.

Though capital has tended to liberate man, it has greatly complicated his social and industrial organization. The abuse of capital by unfair capitalists does not destroy the fact that it is the basis of modern industrial society. Through capital and invention the present generation enjoys a higher degree of freedom than any that ever preceded it on earth. This is placed on record as a fact and not in justification of the many misuses of capital by thoughtless and selfish custodians.

#5 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

Very interesting Bonita,

Attitudes are evolving quickly, but the philanthropic ideal is certainly not dead. Speaking of dead, I always liked the old quip, "it's not a sin to be wealthy, only to die so". :lol:

Of course Melchizedek's declaration doesn't stand alone, there are many, many references to peace in the Papers. He also says religions can fail in peace. From Paper 92:3, The Nature of Evolutionary Religion

...But while calling attention to the fact that religion was essential to the development and preservation of civilization, it should be recorded that natural religion has also done much to cripple and handicap the very civilization which it otherwise fostered and maintained. Religion has hampered industrial activities and economic development; it has been wasteful of labor and has squandered capital; it has not always been helpful to the family; it has not adequately fostered peace and good will; it has sometimes neglected education and retarded science; it has unduly impoverished life for the pretended enrichment of death. Evolutionary religion, human religion, has indeed been guilty of all these and many more mistakes, errors, and blunders; nevertheless, it did maintain cultural ethics, civilized morality, and social coherence, and made it possible for later revealed religion to compensate for these many evolutionary shortcomings.... P.1006 - 4

So it follows that revealed religion is necessary to peace!

#6 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

PS. Here's another that matches Melchizedek's statement ((787.5) 70:3.5) on the role of words in securing lasting peace. From and Archangel in Paper 81:6:

...Language differences have ever been the great barrier to the extension of peace. The conquest of dialects must precede the spread of a culture throughout a race, over a continent, or to a whole world. A universal language promotes peace, insures culture, and augments happiness. Even when the tongues of a world are reduced to a few, the mastery of these by the leading cultural peoples mightily influences the achievement of world-wide peace and prosperity.... P.908 - 7

#7 Rev. Dr. Red

Rev. Dr. Red

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Studying and preaching Truth.
    More info at http://ReverendDrRed.com

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

The question now is, do we (Jesusonians) do whats possible to bring about true peace, or allow the NWO do reign in their false peace for the purposes of their own greed and power?
I understand it is written in multiple religious texts that ultimately evil will fall, but nonetheless I pose the question.

#8 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

The question now is, do we (Jesusonians) do whats possible to bring about true peace, or allow the NWO do reign in their false peace for the purposes of their own greed and power?
I understand it is written in multiple religious texts that ultimately evil will fall, but nonetheless I pose the question.

Hmm...seems like that's a somewhat dualistic approach Red, us vs them, the old paradigm that keeps us warring. The right question imo is: Who will do Father's will? Peace will eventually evolve when that mandate is held and met. And, as you point to, the House always wins in the end--thank God :)

#9 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

What are you talking about? Does NWO mean New World Order? That's a conspiracy theory and a bunch of gobbledygook. And why are you worried about other people's greed and power? Jesus said to take the beam out of your own eye before casting aspersions on other people's motives. Being judgmental, stereotyping and categorizing people will never bring peace; instead, it creates fear and hatred.

And evil doesn't fall. Evil is simply imperfection. We are all relatively evil; it's part of growth. Maybe you're talking about sin?

4:3.6 The infinite goodness of the Father is beyond the comprehension of the finite mind of time; hence must there always be afforded a contrast with comparative evil (not sin) for the effective exhibition of all phases of relative goodness. Perfection of divine goodness can be discerned by mortal imperfection of insight only because it stands in contrastive association with relative imperfection in the relationships of time and matter in the motions of space.

130:4.1 Error (evil) is the penalty of imperfection. The qualities of imperfection or facts of misadaptation are disclosed on the material level by critical observation and by scientific analysis; on the moral level, by human experience. The presence of evil constitutes proof of the inaccuracies of mind and the immaturity of the evolving self. Evil is, therefore, also a measure of imperfection in universe interpretation. The possibility of making mistakes is inherent in the acquisition of wisdom, the scheme of progressing from the partial and temporal to the complete and eternal, from the relative and imperfect to the final and perfected. Error is the shadow of relative incompleteness which must of necessity fall across man’s ascending universe path to Paradise

perfection. Error (evil) is not an actual universe quality; it is simply the observation of a relativity in the relatedness of the imperfection of the incomplete finite to the ascending levels of the Supreme and Ultimate.

Edited by Bonita, 05 December 2012 - 07:42 AM.

#10 Rev. Dr. Red

Rev. Dr. Red

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

Rick - Touché. Perhaps I must come up with a better way of posing what im trying to get at here.

Bonita - the NWO is in no way a conspiracy theory. If cannot understand that you must open your mind that at some point you must realize a coincidence is no longer coincidental. There is that one coincidence that proves conspiracy theory is now conspiracy fact indeed. Every religious text Ive read speaks of such. And how such will arise. Then there is historical and current times fact. And how about military personnel from around the world speaking out and being killed over such "gobbledygook". Its happening Bonita. All you need to do to see it is step outside the box constructed for you to live in, open your eyes and unplug your ears. We have been getting warned about such events since the beginning of time from prophet after prophet of every faith out there.

#11 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

Bonita - the NWO is in no way a conspiracy theory. If cannot understand that you must open your mind that at some point you must realize a coincidence is no longer coincidental. There is that one coincidence that proves conspiracy theory is now conspiracy fact indeed. Every religious text Ive read speaks of such. And how such will arise. Then there is historical and current times fact. And how about military personnel from around the world speaking out and being killed over such "gobbledygook". Its happening Bonita. All you need to do to see it is step outside the box constructed for you to live in, open your eyes and unplug your ears. We have been getting warned about such events since the beginning of time from prophet after prophet of every faith out there.

So every religious text you've read speaks of a new world order huh? I guess that means that you haven't read TUB. There is no such thing happening. It's all manmade mythology. Read the Zoroastrian thread, which I must get back to writing now that I know that there are people who claim to want to teach TUB to the world, like yourself, but are completely willing to teach untruths such as this. It's very disconcerting.

#12 Rev. Dr. Red

Rev. Dr. Red

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

Perhaps you miss my point. It preaches it not as good but as evil. Bible - the rule of the Anti-Christ. That should be an example even you can understand. Whats disconcerting is peoples arrogance and sheer ignorance of whats going on in the world. Whats disconcerting is people trying to fit text and truth into the confines of there own heads rather than themselves into truth. You cannot change truth. You cannot change what is. Noone can.

#13 Rev. Dr. Red

Rev. Dr. Red

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

And another thing. I was USMC. Go ahead and tell me I didnt experience what i did. Go ahead and tell me my brothers that DIED exposing what the govt is upto are still alive. Go ahead. Call me crazy. Ive heard it all. But i also know what i saw. I know more than what most people can comprehend is actually going because noone wants to believe it. The only ones crazy are those pretending its not happening.

#14 Rev. Dr. Red

Rev. Dr. Red

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

Im sorry if i come across nasty, rude, etc. This stuff hits home with me.

#15 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

Perhaps you miss my point. It preaches it not as good but as evil. Bible - the rule of the Anti-Christ. That should be an example even you can understand. Whats disconcerting is peoples arrogance and sheer ignorance of whats going on in the world. Whats disconcerting is people trying to fit text and truth into the confines of there own heads rather than themselves into truth. You cannot change truth. You cannot change what is. Noone can.

There is no such thing as an antichrist and there is no evidence in TUB that myths about an antichrist are even remotely true.

And your tone is unbecomingly condescending, not at all suitable for a reverend-preacher in my opinion, especially one who wants to teach the world about the truths found in the Urantia Papers. If you're calling me crazy then I demand an apology.

#16 Rev. Dr. Red

Rev. Dr. Red

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

I dont mean to offend you, just as i assume noone means to offend me. As far as my attitude, that is your opinion. I have that same opinion about a few on here. You are still missing my point. When im able to put it together where it should come across clear, ill message you. And the Truths im looking to teach is THE Truth. No one text in and of itself has that capability. Hence why i went into theology and study as many faiths as i can without going completely insane.

#17 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

Well...forgive my intrusion in this thread about peace, and thanks for the antipeace. Is this true irony? :)

Here's another perspective on peace, from a Life Carrier 63:4 about the roots of antipeace:

...It is impossible to induce such primitive beings long to live together in peace. Man is the descendant of fighting animals, and when closely associated, uncultured people irritate and offend each other.... P.714 - 7

#18 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

I dont mean to offend you, just as i assume noone means to offend me. As far as my attitude, that is your opinion. I have that same opinion about a few on here. You are still missing my point. When im able to put it together where it should come across clear, ill message you. And the Truths im looking to teach is THE Truth. No one text in and of itself has that capability. Hence why i went into theology and study as many faiths as i can without going completely insane.

Please, please, please do NOT message me about anything that has to do with antichrists. I will delete it without reading it. It's total nonsense in my opinion. And I don't welcome proselytizing. I've studied religion for decades, so there's no need to enlighten me about the texts, I've read them all and I still think it's gobbledygook. No wait, I know that it is gobbledygook.

And thanks for the apology.

#19 Rev. Dr. Red

Rev. Dr. Red

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Im not looking to proselytize. If people dont discuss differences, how then can they teach one another? Oh well, i offered. To each his/her own.

#20 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

From my perspective you both are tireless toilers for God, and both obviously brimming with talents, skills and ability. I believe you both already have produced much fruit with much more to come. And I believe as sons and daughters, peace among us is required for the best and most abundant fruits, which is at the heart of this thread. There won't be "peace on Earth" until there is peace among its religionists and God finders, no?

It's good to know there is a divine conspiracy now working for peace. One of Melchizedek's first mentions of peace is about a real being of peace, she is right here on the planet apparently. From 39:5, a Section titled The Planetary Helpers:

3. The Souls of Peace. The early millenniums of the upward strivings of evolutionary men are marked by many a struggle. Peace is not the natural state of the material realms. The worlds first realize "peace on earth and good will among men" through the ministry of the seraphic souls of peace. Although these angels were largely thwarted in their early efforts on Urantia, Vevona, chief of the souls of peace in Adam's day, was left on Urantia and is now attached to the staff of the resident governor general. And it was this same Vevona who, when Michael was born, heralded to the worlds, as the leader of the angelic host, "Glory to God in Havona and on earth peace and good will among men...." P.437 - 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users