48 replies to this topic

#41 Nigel Nunn

Nigel Nunn

Poster

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

"Pause to consider", "almost a million years...".

As a scientist, I've always read this as just another quote from a human source. Imagine Eddington, Shapley, Hubble, "pausing to consider". New telescopes were just then revealing certain fuzzy patches to be entire galaxies, separate from what was then thought to be "the universe" (our local disc of stars). This startling fact was truly worth pausing to consider -- island universes, dotted throughout space. I sketch the scene (top of page 4 of attached pdf) over here.

But more interesting is what they say about spiral galaxies evolving within discs of dark matter; about the "dark flows" we should soon be able to identify; and about why "dark energy" is not required for space respiration. UB students keeping up with cosmological research will soon notice some rich pickings.

Nigel

#42 Nelson G

Nelson G

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Pianos fast cars and airplanes.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

P.354, par.5 There are at least 70,000 physical aggregations in outer space and each one is larger than a superuniverse.
P.130, par.6 Someday our astronomers will see no less than 375 million new galaxies in the remote stretches of outer space.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Considering that physical creation, which begins after the appearance of Havona, then the Superuniverses, which are followed by the outerspace levels where new aggregations and galaxies are coming into existance, we are told by the revealators that we will begin to soon see this new stuff. Does this simply mean that the revealators know that our telescopes are getting better or possibly they are telling us that the light from these new objects is begining to reach us and we will continue to see new stuff that has been newly created as its light decends upon us? This would mean that around the mid 1900's we begin to see these 375 million new galaxies but by 2013 we will see billions possibly??? Regardless of our refined optics??
The big bang would tell us that the outerspace levels contain the oldest matter in the universe but is creation revealed in the Urantia Book telling us that the outer space levels contain the newest material in all creation??
Seems to me that our astronomers may have a new approach for measuring the universe?
Please tell me if I am misinterpreting the Revelation.
Life often gives us our greatest gifts brilliantly disguised as our worst nightmares.

#43 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

Nelson, that's something that I head is spinning! :blink:
I do not know with certainty, but I do not think we're too off track.
Let's investigate, between turns ... and translations ... mmm

Alina

Edited by Alina, 04 March 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#44 Nelson G

Nelson G

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Thank you Alina. I cannot help but wonder and try to imagine how the meaning of astronomical observation could change if the observers believed that those distant galaxies had come into existance out there as a result of the creation process as opposed to traveling out there after being blown out into space because of the big bang?

One possible example could be that we may be able to deduce that the universe is considerably older than 13 billion years??

Edited by Nelson G, 04 March 2013 - 03:44 PM.

Life often gives us our greatest gifts brilliantly disguised as our worst nightmares.

#45 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

"If we place the beginning of the history of Nebadon in the arrival of Michael, then we can say that the local universe is about 100 billion years older than Lucifer, which means one and a third older.

We calculate the age of a abandontario Uversa as 30,000 billion years. If Orvonton is one and one third oldest, then we should add 10,000 billion years ago at the age of abandontario to reach the estimated age of Orvonton. The sum of these two numbers gives a total time span of 40,000 billion years for the estimated age of our superuniverse"

Read here and see if it helps:

http://www.urantia.o...master-universe

#46 Nelson G

Nelson G

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

Thanks again Alina,
A most awsome deduction.
Now if our scientists can begin to learn how to see past 13billion, won't that be something.

#47 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Nelson,
I think it will mean a lot! a breakthrough, previously unthinkable.
How should scientists be working! but we will not have much news to be some time ... so we have to do our own research, within our current capabilities and some data that we receive. :)

#48 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Soccer, Movies, Games,

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

P.354, par.5 There are at least 70,000 physical aggregations in outer space and each one is larger than a superuniverse.
P.130, par.6 Someday our astronomers will see no less than 375 million new galaxies in the remote stretches of outer space.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Considering that physical creation, which begins after the appearance of Havona, then the Superuniverses, which are followed by the outerspace levels where new aggregations and galaxies are coming into existance, we are told by the revealators that we will begin to soon see this new stuff. Does this simply mean that the revealators know that our telescopes are getting better or possibly they are telling us that the light from these new objects is begining to reach us and we will continue to see new stuff that has been newly created as its light decends upon us? This would mean that around the mid 1900's we begin to see these 375 million new galaxies but by 2013 we will see billions possibly??? Regardless of our refined optics??
The big bang would tell us that the outerspace levels contain the oldest matter in the universe but is creation revealed in the Urantia Book telling us that the outer space levels contain the newest material in all creation??
Seems to me that our astronomers may have a new approach for measuring the universe?
Please tell me if I am misinterpreting the Revelation.

Yea you bring up a good point..Hmmm I just had a thought, what if our scientists instead of recognizing the outward expansion of the universe as evidence of a big bang are interpreting the counter-clockwise rotation of the 1st outer space level as evidence of the big bang? This 1st level of counter-clockwise rotation would probably be more obvious than the expansion of the universe. Especially considering we are moving in opposite direction of it. It could also explain why scientists are looking at a big chunk of universes in outer space as being closer to the center of the universe than we are. Those universes would probably also become less and less visible as they are viewing it at the edge of that massive black energy void around Havona. There would be only a tiny congregation of universes, because the rest would be cut off from view due to a massive black void that is surrounding Havona. That could also explain why the big bang appears to be speeding up as we look far out in the other direction towards where the rotation is heading, that expansion may be more apparent as these universes circle around away from view counter-clockwise.

Also if you think about it if the entire universe is in an expanding phase, it may be much more difficult to detect than the obvious procession of 70 thousand plus universes moving counter-clockwise as we move clockwise.

Edited by -Scott-, 04 March 2013 - 07:03 PM.

If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#49 Louis aka loucol

Louis aka loucol

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Science Philosophy and Religion as they relate to The Urantia Book

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

Hi All:

Just imagine how complicated it all gets when one considers space respirations. The 2 billion year cycles really does destroy much of our ability to calculate distances considering the finite speed of light and time distortions inherent in cycles of time. Consider that 1.5 billion years ago everything was much farther apart. And 2.5 billion years ago we were all very close together, relatively.

12:5.1 Like space, time is a bestowal of Paradise, but not in the same sense, only indirectly. Time comes by virtue of motion and because mind is inherently aware of sequentiality. From a practical viewpoint, motion is essential to time, but there is no universal time unit based on motion except in so far as the Paradise-Havona standard day is arbitrarily so recognized. The totality of space respiration destroys its local value as a time source.

IMO,this tells us that motion is not exactly reliable as a local time source. So, does this mean that our clocks are of limited use? All data is local. We must rely on transforms to convert local data to actual data. Can we even rely on our transforms? Perhaps Nigel can chime in on this one and lend some expertise.

Regards, Louis

Edited by Louis aka loucol, 04 March 2013 - 07:28 PM.

His Will Be Done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users