#1 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

Dear Forum Members and Visitors,

ANZURA recently announced the latest issue of ARENA. Below are its table of contents and the first page of a four page report from Pres. Kathleen Swadling:

In this issue...

News

President's Report ................................................................................................. 1
Conference presentation—“More things in Heaven and Earth…” by Nigel Nunn...... 5
Conference presentation—Derivitive Works by Neil Francey................................. 9
NZ Corner ..............................................................................................................11

Contributions

ANZURA Conference 2013—Canberra, announced...............................................12
Mining the Archives—The Need for Study Groups.................................................14
Mining the Archives—Greetings from the Sydney Study Group.............................14
In Memorandum—Harald Jacobsen........................................................................15
The Urantia Book Word Cloud...............................................................................16

Study Groups in Australia & New Zeland ........................................................18

President’s Report & Musings on ANZURA’s Annual Conference 2012

Welcome to this Summer 2012 edition of the Arena. No doubt this will find you preparing for that hectic time of year as Christmas, New Year and the summer holidays loom. I wish you all a happy and safe season.

It’s been an eventful few months since the last edition as many of us made the journey to the Sunshine Coast for ANZURA’s annual reader conference. Some wonderful presentations were given which we will share with you as much as possible in article form in this and the next few issues. Seeing as I volunteered to write the conference report this year I thought I’d dedicate my President’s report to the conference. Before I do though I’d like to announce that the crew from the Canberra study group has volunteered to host next year’s 2013 conference in Canberra. More details to follow later in this issue. Also the New Zealanders have offered to host the 2014 conference in New Zealand so start making plans for that long awaited holiday across the Tasman for 2014.

Conference Highlights

ANZURA’s annual Urantia Book readers’ conference for 2012 was recently held at Alexandra Headland on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast 14-17 September. It was a resounding success. A big thank you to Graeme Chapman from Brisbane for organising this wonderful event. This was Graeme’s first ever attempt at hosting an ANZURA conference and what an excellent job he did — from providing the theme: More Things in Heaven and EarthAdapting to an Expanded Description of Reality, to inviting the speakers and working out the program, to booking the venue, to creating excellent reversion, to paying attention to the logistical details to ensure we were all comfortable and wanted for nothing throughout the weekend, and even finding room to do a couple of presentations as well as be an able host and program coordinator.

We were blessed to have three qualified scientists (Nigel Nunn, Robert Coenraads and Graeme Chapman) and two scholarly academics (Marion Steward and Neil Francey) in our midst who gave us high level, informative and educational presentations.

Starting with a presentation from Nigel Nunn who is an astrophysicist as well as a long time Urantia Book reader and founding member of ANZURA, the tone was set to be a mind bending, thought provoking day in the contemplation of much science and cosmology from The Urantia Book. Nigel’s presentation was titled More Things in Heaven and Earth: from Force Organisers to Ultimatons. We were treated to a riveting, well presented and easy to understand hour or so of Nigel’s speculations of a new image of Orvonton. He said: “With God Particles popping out of colliders, and Next-Gen telescopes coming on-line, it’s a good time to see how the Big Picture of Science fits into the frame set up by The Urantia Book. We’ll take a close look at what The Urantia Book implies we might expect to see.” Nigel used gorgeous graphics of the cosmos and the Milky Way galaxy, and by blending today’s mainstream cosmology with Urantia Book insights, he was able to postulate a theory that if we could view Orvonton from above we may see a very unexpected “shape”… Somewhere in this newsletter you will find some of these interesting graphics. Nigel also handed out copies of the introductory DVD he’s been working on. Parts 1,2,& 3 are complete and he will be using this presentation on the cosmos as the beginnings of the development of Part 4 of the DVD.

ANZURA

Subscribe to ARENA

ARENA Archive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users