#1 Lev Schoonhoven

Lev Schoonhoven

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Cosmology

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

This chemist who won the Nobel Prize in 1993 posts here on his website several interesting discoveries corroborating the science described in the Urantia Book. - Lev

#2 Coop

Coop

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

Fascinating Stuff !

Thank You Brother Lev

NAMASTE

#3 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

Agree Coop, thanks Lev! Good to get validation from academia. Welcome to the Forum.

#4 Nigel Nunn

Nigel Nunn

Poster

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

This chemist ...

His discovery: "There were diagrams of PCR reactions on every surface that would take pencil or crayon in my cabin. I woke up in a new world."

:D

thanks Lev,
Nigel

#5 Lev Schoonhoven

Lev Schoonhoven

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

"There were diagrams of PCR reactions on every surface that would take pencil or crayon in my cabin. I woke up in a new world."

Hello Nigel-Before anything, thanks to Coop, Rick, and yourself for examining this reference. While 'science' cannot validate 'revelation', it can validate the science offered in such a divine gift offering greater credibility for less adventurous minds dependent upon social approval. I am curious though, would you elaborate on the "diagrams of PCR reactions" that awakened you to a new world? - Gratefully, Lev

#6 Nigel Nunn

Nigel Nunn

Poster

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

I am curious though, would you elaborate on the "diagrams of PCR reactions" that awakened you to a new world?

Sorry to trigger alarums -- it was Kary who found himself "waking to a new world". But as I read his account of the night of his breakthrough, I found I was wearing a big grin of recognition,

"There were diagrams of PCR reactions on every surface that would take pencil or crayon in my cabin... "

It was this business of running out of crayon-able surface :D

Nigel

#7 Lev Schoonhoven

Lev Schoonhoven

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

As I read his account of the night of his breakthrough, I found I was wearing a big grin of recognition,.

Understood! Surely, this is a grin we can all appreciate. - Lev

#8 UBtheNEWS

UBtheNEWS

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

That page on Kary Mullis's website has been up for at least five years. As far as I know, it's never been changed or updated since the original posting, and he does not credit the book for inspiring any of his work.

A number of years ago I exchanged some emails with him as part of my effort to develop the Star Power section of the UBtheNEWS website. He didn't express an interest in being listed, so naturally, I didn't make an entry for him. But we did enjoy some fun exchanges. He's quite a unique individual.

#9 Lev Schoonhoven

Lev Schoonhoven

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

That page on Kary Mullis's website has been up for at least five years. As far as I know, it's never been changed or updated since the original posting, and he does not credit the book for inspiring any of his work.

A number of years ago I exchanged some emails with him as part of my effort to develop the Star Power section of the UBtheNEWS website. He didn't express an interest in being listed, so naturally, I didn't make an entry for him. But we did enjoy some fun exchanges. He's quite a unique individual.

Hello UBtheNEWS: Thank you for sharing! Most academics would not wish to be associated with a work attributed to "celestial beings" and fewer still would risk affiliation with a religion about it. However, in some cases where there exists sufficient seniority/security, its mention may and does appear. Given "the academy" is the modern day descendent of the medieval totalitarian church, the most common reference for the moment is one of public silence and private intrigue, a posture the Vatican has adopted toward the Urantia Book for decades. - Lev

Edited by Lev Schoonhoven, 23 November 2012 - 11:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users