• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Rybobaggins

poster
  • Posted Image
  • Members
  • Posted Image
  • 1 posts
Posted Today, 12:33 PM

Posted ImageBonita, on 20 July 2009 - 07:56 PM, said:

I'll never forget the day I first read those words. My whole body began to tremble and I felt a deep gnawing in the pit of my stomach because I knew that I had just let something creep into my mind that would change me forever, the secrets of the universe were about to unfold. That was 1970 and I was 19; it still gives me goose bumps to read it today. The word "superuniverse" blew me away right from the start. In school they had taught us that the universe was everything, all there is, was and will be. Now, on page one, someone was telling me that there are local universes, superuniverses, a grand universe and a master universe!! I remember thinking that it would take years to digest that fact alone, so I put the book back on the shelf for a few months and tried to forget it. Hah!
Hey, Bonita, I am 19, and I am just beginning to read this book. It looks quite incredible. My question is this, does superuniverse refer to our galaxy. So there are seven superuniverses, or galaxies, Such as, the Milky Way? Or, is our galaxy, a part of the superuniverse?

Moved this from an old OPAD thread for a more formalized welcome to our new fellow pilgrim and student. Welcome Rybobaggins!! Any relation to Bilbo or Frodo? Or are you a real Baggins? Answer not.....glad you are here. You sound like another student of the starry heavens....if so, you'll meet some like minded ones here to be sure. I recommend, as time allows, that you look at lots of the older threads here. I've only been here a few months myself and there is so much already posted from years gone by for research. You've found a friendly bunch of seekers. Hope you find some of what you seek here. So, did you find the Urantia Book? Or did it somehow find you? Looking forward to getting to know you. Peace and Glad Tidings.

Have you found the search engine and text here? Try listening to an audio Paper sometime too. A section about the organization of the 7 superuniverses:

2. Organization of the Superuniverses

(165.6) 15:2.1 Only the Universal Father knows the location and actual number of inhabited worlds in space; he calls them all by name and number. I can give only the approximate number of inhabited or inhabitable planets, for some local universes have more worlds suitable for intelligent life than others. Nor have all projected local universes been organized. Therefore the estimates which I offer are solely for the purpose of affording some idea of the immensity of the material creation.
(166.1) 15:2.2 There are seven superuniverses in the grand universe, and they are constituted approximately as follows:

(166.2) 15:2.3 1. The System. The basic unit of the supergovernment consists of about one thousand inhabited or inhabitable worlds. Blazing suns, cold worlds, planets too near the hot suns, and other spheres not suitable for creature habitation are not included in this group. These one thousand worlds adapted to support life are called a system, but in the younger systems only a comparatively small number of these worlds may be inhabited. Each inhabited planet is presided over by a Planetary Prince, and each local system has an architectural sphere as its headquarters and is ruled by a System Sovereign.
(166.3) 15:2.4 2. The Constellation. One hundred systems (about 100,000 inhabitable planets) make up a constellation. Each constellation has an architectural headquarters sphere and is presided over by three Vorondadek Sons, the Most Highs. Each constellation also has a Faithful of Days in observation, an ambassador of the Paradise Trinity.
(166.4) 15:2.5 3. The Local Universe. One hundred constellations (about 10,000,000 inhabitable planets) constitute a local universe. Each local universe has a magnificent architectural headquarters world and is ruled by one of the co-ordinate Creator Sons of God of the order of Michael. Each universe is blessed by the presence of a Union of Days, a representative of the Paradise Trinity.
(166.5) 15:2.6 4. The Minor Sector. One hundred local universes (about 1,000,000,000 inhabitable planets) constitute a minor sector of the superuniverse government; it has a wonderful headquarters world, wherefrom its rulers, the Recents of Days, administer the affairs of the minor sector. There are three Recents of Days, Supreme Trinity Personalities, on each minor sector headquarters.
(166.6) 15:2.7 5. The Major Sector. One hundred minor sectors (about 100,000,000,000 inhabitable worlds) make one major sector. Each major sector is provided with a superb headquarters and is presided over by three Perfections of Days, Supreme Trinity Personalities.
(166.7) 15:2.8 6. The Superuniverse. Ten major sectors (about 1,000,000,000,000 inhabitable planets) constitute a superuniverse. Each superuniverse is provided with an enormous and glorious headquarters world and is ruled by three Ancients of Days.
(166.8) 15:2.9 7. The Grand Universe. Seven superuniverses make up the present organized grand universe, consisting of approximately seven trillion inhabitable worlds plus the architectural spheres and the one billion inhabited spheres of Havona. The superuniverses are ruled and administered indirectly and reflectively from Paradise by the Seven Master Spirits. The billion worlds of Havona are directly administered by the Eternals of Days, one such Supreme Trinity Personality presiding over each of these perfect spheres.

(167.1) 15:2.10 Excluding the Paradise-Havona spheres, the plan of universe organization provides for the following units:

(167.2) 15:2.11 Superuniverses. . . . . . . . . . . . 7
(167.3) 15:2.12 Major sectors. . . . . . . . . . . . . 70
(167.4) 15:2.13 Minor sectors. . . . . . . . . . . . 7,000
(167.5) 15:2.14 Local universes . . . . . . . . . 700,000
(167.6) 15:2.15 Constellations . . . . . . . . .70,000,000
(167.7) 15:2.16 Local systems. . . . . . . . 7,000,000,000
(167.8) 15:2.17 Inhabitable planets . . 7,000,000,000,000

(167.9) 15:2.18 Each of the seven superuniverses is constituted, approximately, as follows:

(167.10) 15:2.19 One system embraces, approximately. . . . . . . . . . . . . 1,000 worlds
(167.11) 15:2.20 One constellation (100 systems) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .100,000 worlds
(167.12) 15:2.21 One universe (100 constellations) . . . . . . . . . . . 10,000,000 worlds
(167.13) 15:2.22 One minor sector (100 universes) . . . . . . . . . 1,000,000,000 worlds
(167.14) 15:2.23 One major sector (100 minor sectors) . . . . 100,000,000,000 worlds
(167.15) 15:2.24 One superuniverse (10 major sectors) . . .1,000,000,000,000 worlds

Peace be upon you."

#2 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Soccer, Movies, Games,

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

IMO the Milky Way is our SuperUniverse. Etleast that is what I have been informed to from some senior readers with scientific backgrounds. Also we cannot leave out the Outer Universe which contains more than 70 thousand congragations of matter each larger than a single SuperUniverse.

And may I say hello there Mr or Ms Baggins.

Edited by Warren Scott, 15 November 2012 - 07:27 PM.

If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#3 Coop

Coop

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

WELCOME HOME !

NAMASTE

Posted Image

Edited by Coop, 15 November 2012 - 11:09 PM.

#4 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

Heck, I just saw this thread after posting on the other one. I'm sorry, but I don't have enough posts per day and had to wait until tonight to answer which I did without noticing this one. Oh well.

#5 Coop

Coop

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CkbbohKDoY

Uploaded by Gary Tonge on May 12, 2010

A Tour of the Universe as depicted in The Urantia Book:

www.urantia.org
www.urantiabook.org

Limited edition canvas print of The Master Universe Map Available below:
http://www.visionafa...Tonge/index.php

Music is Claire de Lune part of the Suite bergamasque by Claude Debussy.

Edited by Coop, 15 November 2012 - 11:45 PM.

#6 Coop

Coop

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

http://www.visionafa...Tonge/index.php

Posted Image

Edited by Coop, 15 November 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#7 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

Hello Rybobaggins,

welcome. Let your Thought Adjuster guide you on your road of discoveries.
We are here to assist you.
Learn and teach. One with other is closely connected.

Peace
Peace be upon you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users