Photo

"Humanzee" (Human + Chimpanzee); is this how biological up-stepping works?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brooklyn_born

brooklyn_born

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Interests:Urantia, Bible, mysticism, metaphysics, computers.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that the information in the video is false. I do apologize for not verifying it before posting the thread.

I thought this may somewhat give us an idea of the kind of thought Celestials put into the uplifting of lower animal species to that of creatures endowed with will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kJF7hRmKE0&feature=player_embedded#!

51:3.3 A Planetary Adam and Eve are, in potential, the full gift of physical grace to the mortal races. The chief business of such an imported pair is to multiply and to uplift the children of time. But there is no immediate interbreeding between the people of the garden and those of the world; for many generations Adam and Eve remain biologically segregated from the evolutionary mortals while they build up a strong race of their order. This is the origin of the violet race on the inhabited worlds.

Edited by brooklyn_born, 31 October 2012 - 11:00 AM.

#2 JR Sherrod

JR Sherrod

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:I am a Lapidary, and Jewelry Artist & Designer. I love reading the Urantia Book, science fiction, and speculative non-fiction. I am a Choral Singer. I was, at various times in my past, a Military Policeman, Police Instructor, Computer Programmer/Analyst, and Post-secondary technical instructor. I love astronomy, aeronautice & aerospace, and planes & rockets of all types. I bicycle and walk for fun and fitness. I am an Advanced Toastmaster - Bronze. I write Autobiographic Self-Help, and Speculative Non-Fiction.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

I, for one, am satisfied letting the Life Carriers and our Universe Father, Christ Michael, make the decisions concerning life modifications. Although Urantia is a decimal planet, hence a life-modification sphere, I don't believe we Urantians ought to mess around with hybrids of apes and ourselves. That is a very dark road, indeed!
Ah! To be host to God, Himself; and to be enriched beyond measure by that incomprehensible treasure!

#3 brooklyn_born

brooklyn_born

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:56 AM

I, for one, am satisfied letting the Life Carriers and our Universe Father, Christ Michael, make the decisions concerning life modifications. Although Urantia is a decimal planet, hence a life-modification sphere, I don't believe we Urantians ought to mess around with hybrids of apes and ourselves. That is a very dark road, indeed!

Very true. Mortals should not be in the business of tempering with life like that.

#4 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

Hi BB, JR, cking wikipedia reveals this:

Rumored humanzees

There have been no scientifically verified specimens of a human/ape hybrid, although a performing chimp named Oliver was popularized during the 1970s as a possible Chuman/Humanzee. Genetic tests conducted at the University of Chicago concluded that, despite Oliver's somewhat unusual appearance and behavior, he was a normal chimpanzee;[10] he had the same number of chromosomes as normal chimpanzees. The "hybrid" claims were possibly a promotional gimmick. Despite the general scientific dismissal of these claims, it is evident that some of popular culture clings to Oliver's representational legacy. The decades long speculation about Oliver's origins and the possibility that he was a human-chimp hybrid have led to numerous references, even in current popular culture. Many of these are satirical in nature or at least intended to be humorous. For example, the popular Church of the SubGenius assigns a feast day or holy day (sometimes several) to every day of the year and has seen fit to assign October 20 as The Feast of Saint Oliver the humanzee.[11]

In addition, there are musical outfits appearing in North America referencing Oliver's legacy, such as The Humanzees from Ontario.[12]Depictions like these generally ignore or predate the more recent proof that Oliver is not a hybrid. Oliver has been regularly talked about by Karl Pilkington on The Ricky Gervais Show on a feature called "Monkey News".

Genetic evidence

Looking back millions of years into early human history, current research into human evolution tends to confirm that in some cases,interspecies sexual activity may have been a key part of human evolution. Analysis of the species' genes in 2006 provides evidence that after humans had started to diverge from chimps, interspecies mating between "proto-human" and "proto-chimps" nonetheless occurred regularly enough to change certain genes in the new gene pool: A new comparison of the human and chimp genomes suggests that after the two lineages separated, they may have begun interbreeding... A principal finding is that the X chromosomes of humans and chimps appear to have diverged about 1.2 million years more recently than the other chromosomes.

The research suggests that:

There were in fact two splits between the human and chimp lineages, with the first being followed by interbreeding between the two populations and then a second split. The suggestion of a hybridization has startled paleoanthropologists, who nonetheless are 'treating the new genetic data seriously'.[13]

Source/more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanzee

#5 brooklyn_born

brooklyn_born

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:51 AM

I should have done a little digging before posting the video. Thanks for the correct information, Rick.

Edited by brooklyn_born, 31 October 2012 - 10:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users