• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Louis aka loucol

Louis aka loucol

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Science Philosophy and Religion as they relate to The Urantia Book

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

Hi Alina, All:

I bought the Spanish translation (El Libro de Urantia) for my mother a few years ago. I wanted to ask if the translation is every bit as poetic and inspiring as it was given in English.

Although my first language is Spanish, I am English preferred, being that I came to the States as a toddler and was educated in American schools. I cannot adequately judge the quality of the Spanish in the translation. Do you or anyone else have an opinion on this? Thank you.

Regards, Louis
His Will Be Done

#2 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

Hi Alina, All:

I bought the Spanish translation (El Libro de Urantia) for my mother a few years ago. I wanted to ask if the translation is every bit as poetic and inspiring as it was given in English.

Although my first language is Spanish, I am English preferred, being that I came to the States as a toddler and was educated in American schools. I cannot adequately judge the quality of the Spanish in the translation. Do you or anyone else have an opinion on this? Thank you.

Regards, Louis

Hola Louis!

Yes... of course! I read it first in Spanish and it was very inspiring and poetic! The Revelations in both languages ​​at times seem pragmatic but always contain beauty.
For me, it has not lost its essence at all, to be translated to Spanish.
With confidence, you can give it to your mother for her to read!
If I can be of use in something else or have any questions let me know, please.

Maybe someone else can give their opinion.

Saludos!

Regards to your mom. Enjoy it! :)

Alina

#3 Louis aka loucol

Louis aka loucol

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Gracias Alina!
My Madre just got cataract surgery so she no longer has an excuse for not reading TUB. She is very traditionally Catholic so even though I've prep her with introductive comments, I am suggesting that she start with part 4. Thanks again.

Saludos, Luis Manuel
His Will Be Done

#4 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

Hola Luis!

I hope she will enjoy it, I think she'll love it,
It seems right that if she is Catholic start with Part 4!
I imagine you will be very expectant! :)

Muchos saludos para ti y tu mamá!

Alina

#5 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:24 AM

Loius, All,

Maybe you knew there are two Spanish versions now, one Latin American, one European?

http://www.urantia.o...de-urantia/leer

http://www.urantia.o...edicion-europea

#6 Louis aka loucol

Louis aka loucol

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

Hi Rick:

Thanks for the info. :) I did not know about the two Spanish versions. If I can get Mom to read El Libro De Urantia, I know she will love it. She is very religious in a traditional sense but also very open minded. Then my Aunt will be next. Then about 30 octogenarians in their ballroom dance class will soon learn of the book. How is that for a strategy for disseminating TUB. :D As a physician, I do my best to spread the spirit of TUB and on occasion I find an opening for introducing some of my patients to the Book. A cute story to tell is that one time I felt compelled to write a prescription for a patient in need that simply stated, "GOD". She smiled, hugged me and asked me how I knew. She returned for followup a few months later asking for a refill ! I reminded her that the script was refillable to infinity. :lol:

Regards, Louis
His Will Be Done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users