• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 brooklyn_born

brooklyn_born

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Interests:Urantia, Bible, mysticism, metaphysics, computers.

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

Hello, everyone. I am new to this forum but not to UB. I have been reading UB on/off, 25 years, but of late have delved into it deeper. I guess, I am taking TUB much more seriously. I will be attending a study group real soon, hopefully!

- BB

Edited by Brooklyn_born, 28 September 2012 - 04:48 PM.

#2 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:destiny interception, kindred spirits, Sailing my ketch, cooking, reading ( a book a day, if possible), helping fellow sojurners on the path of righteousness.I am most interested in building strong relationships with fellow kingdom builders knowing that we will be serving together, off and on, through time and into eternity.

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

BB,

Let me be the first to welcome you. I am glad you are here,. In a virtual way, this is a study group, no substitute for a regular meeting with live humans but offering some very knowledgable participants.

The people here are tolerant and loving and want to share so I suggest you not be self-conscious (if you haven't been studying long) and jump right in and take part in the forums!

Again, welcome!

Bill Martin
Slowly but surely the Power of Love is overcoming the Love of Power

#3 brooklyn_born

brooklyn_born

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

Thanks Bill :-)

#4 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:31 AM

hi and welcome,

people here are openminded and you can freely ask questions that troubles you but ego is not welcome.
so it is a great place to learn, train and grow.

peace
Peace be upon you

#5 brooklyn_born

brooklyn_born

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

Thank you, Pike.

#6 Nigel Nunn

Nigel Nunn

Poster

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

Hi Brooklyn_born,

I have been reading UB on/off, 25 years, but of late have delved into it deeper.

Welcome to this neck of the Urantia woods! And please, feel free to share insights gained and lessons learned from those 25++ years. Some truly interesting folks are gathered here, so please also feel free to let rip with deep questions, even to bump us all into reflecting more deeply about this pearl of great price, given freely.

Nigel

#7 brooklyn_born

brooklyn_born

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome, Nigel. Regrettably, I can't bring insights to the table as I am not well read and versed with TUB like you guys. Those 25 years for the most part were spent not reading UB; I am now somewhat playing 'catch-up'; I am reading a lot and have TONS of questions! I Hope I do not wear out you guys with my questions.

BB

Edited by Brooklyn_born, 30 September 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#8 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:45 AM

Bb - Welcome fellow cosmic citizen! Do not underestimate your intuition and insights into truths and reality my friend!! For you too have the Spirit of Truth and the TA and the adjutants actively communicating the same truths to you as to all others. Glad you found the Book (or did it find you too?) and bring all the questions you have. You will find many of your questions already asked and answered on multple threads but still ask and drill into any topic. Looking forward to your voice in this choir of ascenders. Peace.
Peace be upon you."

#9 Nigel Nunn

Nigel Nunn

Poster

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

Hi BB,
Like FanofVan says, you gotta whole load of experience on board! So what if most of the time you were not saddled with a UB -- the whole point about agondonter ((579.1) 50:7.2) is that when we're not "standardized" by revealed Adamic cultures and epochal truths, it's just you and God, one on one, working things out in a totally unique Brooklyn-born way :D
Nigel

#10 brooklyn_born

brooklyn_born

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

Hi BB,
Like FanofVan says, you gotta whole load of experience on board! So what if most of the time you were not saddled with a UB -- the whole point about agondonter ((579.1) 50:7.2) is that when we're not "standardized" by revealed Adamic cultures and epochal truths, it's just you and God, one on one, working things out in a totally unique Brooklyn-born way :D
Nigel

As they say, Brooklyn all day! (well, not exactly lol). Thanks, Nigel, and especially for making it happen for me to join the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users