Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Music, spiritual, URANTIA book
    running, painting, sculpture

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

Good evening to all,
is a few years I discovered UB and I'm studying to deepen some aspects, in particular, I am interested in the chapter which speaks of the Kingdom of God (ch. 170).
Since I'm Italian I would also like to know if there are other Italians in here. I tried to create working groups in Italy, but unfortunately have not yet succeeded in the task.

#2 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

WELCOME!! There are many avid students here. I hope you add your voice to the choir. You must mean real Italians, eh? For everybody in America is Italian or is related to them, no? We love your food, your accent, your country, and those who came here to build our nation. I hope you find local readers, but this is a good study group and site until then. Welcome and peace unto you.
Peace be upon you."

#3 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

Hi Finalitario,

Welcome to the Forum.
Keep open mind and clear Heart and you will find plenty of topics and nice brothers here.
For Italian contacts try to mail Mr. Mike Wood (email: mwood@urantia.org). He can access database of UB followers around the world.
He will gladly help.

Peace be with you
Peace be upon you

#4 Finalitario

Finalitario

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

Thank you brothers for your interest and I embrace you with a good heart

#5 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:destiny interception, kindred spirits, Sailing my ketch, cooking, reading ( a book a day, if possible), helping fellow sojurners on the path of righteousness.I am most interested in building strong relationships with fellow kingdom builders knowing that we will be serving together, off and on, through time and into eternity.

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:41 AM

Finalitario,
The kingdom of God is in the hearts of men and I can see love rules in your heart.

Welcome and thank you
for being here.

Bill
Slowly but surely the Power of Love is overcoming the Love of Power

#6 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:55 AM

Good evening to all,
is a few years I discovered UB and I'm studying to deepen some aspects, in particular, I am interested in the chapter which speaks of the Kingdom of God (ch. 170).

Greetings Finalitario,

Good to have you here. I don't have any recent ancestors from Italy, but my 36th great-grandfather was King Pepin Carloman. So there's a little bit of Italy in my genes somewhere.

Speaking of kings and kingdoms, what was it that you wanted to discuss about Paper 170? I, myself, am particularly interested in how the concept of a kingdom applies to modern thinkers who are so far removed from the reality of kings and kingdoms. Is it an antiquated idea which has lost is relevancy and needs a new symbolism, or does it still make sense today?

#7 Finalitario

Finalitario

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:01 AM

Finalitario,
The kingdom of God is in the hearts of men and I can see love rules in your heart.

Welcome and thank you
for being here.

Bill

Thank you Bill, it is mutual

#8 Finalitario

Finalitario

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

Greetings Finalitario,

Good to have you here. I don't have any recent ancestors from Italy, but my 36th great-grandfather was King Pepin Carloman. So there's a little bit of Italy in my genes somewhere.

Speaking of kings and kingdoms, what was it that you wanted to discuss about Paper 170? I, myself, am particularly interested in how the concept of a kingdom applies to modern thinkers who are so far removed from the reality of kings and kingdoms. Is it an antiquated idea which has lost is relevancy and needs a new symbolism, or does it still make sense today?

I'm not a good historian and I do not even understand much of the English language.
I remember, however, that Carloman and Pippin are of French nationality, it is also true that you Americans are French and Italian cousins​​, hahaha

But let's get to the subject of the Kingdom.
Today the Church, we know that talking about United it refers to itself (the Church considers the Kingdom of God) through the "keys" that were given to Peter. Then always among Catholic Christians is the idea that the Kingdom of God can be realized with the second coming of MIchael and the apotheosis of the elect.
But Michael intended this meaning with the term "Kingdom of Heaven"?
Among other things in that chapter 170 (the ultlime two pages) there is a certain prophecy that will come true and that affects us directly.
Do you understand what that is?

#9 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

Hello Finalitario and welcome!

From near the end of Paper 170 we read this:

The concept of Jesus is still alive in the advanced religions of the world. Paul's Christian church is the socialized and humanized shadow of what Jesus intended the kingdom of heaven to be--and what it most certainly will yet become.

P.1865 - §7

So this is good news! The hope of our world is in the the kingdom of God in the hearts of men by the spirit's domination and guidance of the individual believer. And this will certainly happen, sooner or later.

All the best,
Meredith

#10 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:27 AM

(1860.5) The apostles were unable to grasp the real meaning of the Master’s utterances regarding the kingdom. The subsequent distortion of Jesus’ teachings, as they are recorded in the New Testament, is because the concept of the gospel writers was colored by the belief that Jesus was then absent from the world for only a short time; that he would soon return to establish the kingdom in power and glory — just such an idea as they held while he was with them in the flesh. But Jesus did not connect the establishment of the kingdom with the idea of his return to this world. That centuries have passed with no signs of the appearance of the “New Age” is in no way out of harmony with Jesus’ teaching.

(1860.6) The great effort embodied in this sermon was the attempt to translate the concept of the kingdom of heaven into the ideal of the idea of doing the will of God. Long had the Master taught his followers to pray: “Your kingdom come; your will be done”; and at this time he earnestly sought to induce them to abandon the use of the term kingdom of God in favor of the more practical equivalent, the will of God. But he did not succeed.

(1860.7) Jesus desired to substitute for the idea of the kingdom, king, and subjects, the concept of the heavenly family, the heavenly Father, and the liberated sons of God engaged in joyful and voluntary service for their fellow men and in the sublime and intelligent worship of God the Father.

(1860.12) On this afternoon the Master distinctly taught a new concept of the double nature of the kingdom in that he portrayed the following two phases:

(1860.13) “First. The kingdom of God in this world, the supreme desire to do the will of God, the unselfish love of man which yields the good fruits of improved ethical and moral conduct.

(1861.1) “Second. The kingdom of God in heaven, the goal of mortal believers, the estate wherein the love for God is perfected, and wherein the will of God is done more divinely.”

(1861.2) Jesus taught that, by faith, the believer enters the kingdom now........

The Kingdom is here and now and everywhere and forever.....we can join in and live within it now or we can choose the shadows of doubt, despair, fear, anxiety, and loneliness. The so-called "second coming" is the same to christians as the Messiah was to the Jews....we are not to wait for our deliverence or wonder where is the Kingdom and when will it come?? For truly, it is here and now. There is nothing to wait for....or hope for....for a believer living in the Kingdom, eh? Peace. And again, WELCOME! :rolleyes:
Peace be upon you."

#11 Finalitario

Finalitario

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

Hello Finalitario and welcome!

From near the end of Paper 170 we read this:

The concept of Jesus is still alive in the advanced religions of the world. Paul's Christian church is the socialized and humanized shadow of what Jesus intended the kingdom of heaven to be--and what it most certainly will yet become.

P.1865 - §7

So this is good news! The hope of our world is in the the kingdom of God in the hearts of men by the spirit's domination and guidance of the individual believer. And this will certainly happen, sooner or later.

All the best,
Meredith

What you say is absolutely right Meredith,
but I'll leave a link where I'm introducing the subject of the Kingdom in more detail. http://urantia.invis...of-the-kingdom/
thanks

#12 Finalitario

Finalitario

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

The Kingdom is here and now and everywhere and forever.....we can join in and live within it now or we can choose the shadows of doubt, despair, fear, anxiety, and loneliness. The so-called "second coming" is the same to christians as the Messiah was to the Jews....we are not to wait for our deliverence or wonder where is the Kingdom and when will it come?? For truly, it is here and now. There is nothing to wait for....or hope for....for a believer living in the Kingdom, eh? Peace. And again, WELCOME! :rolleyes:

what you say is right fanofVan,
but as I said to Meredith, I wanted to deepen especially the prophetic aspect of the cap. 170.
http://urantia.invis...of-the-kingdom/
Thanks to you too

Edited by Finalitario, 11 September 2012 - 10:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users