10 replies to this topic

#1 Coop

Coop

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

101:6.8 The teachings of Jesus constituted the first Urantian religion which so fully embraced a harmonious co-ordination of knowledge, wisdom, faith, truth, and love as completely and simultaneously to provide temporal tranquillity, intellectual certainty, moral enlightenment, philosophic stability, ethical sensitivity, God-consciousness, and the positive assurance of personal survival. The faith of Jesus pointed the way to finality of human salvation, to the ultimate of mortal universe attainment, since it provided for:

1. Salvation from material fetters in the personal realization of sonship with God, who is spirit.
2. Salvation from intellectual bondage: man shall know the truth, and the truth shall set him free.
3. Salvation from spiritual blindness, the human realization of the fraternity of mortal beings and the morontian awareness of the brotherhood of all universe creatures; the service-discovery of spiritual reality and the ministry-revelation of the goodness of spirit values.
4. Salvation from incompleteness of self through the attainment of the spirit levels of the universe and through the eventual realization of the harmony of Havona and the perfection of Paradise.
5. Salvation from self, deliverance from the limitations of self-consciousness through the attainment of the cosmic levels of the Supreme mind and by co-ordination with the attainments of all other self-conscious beings.
6. Salvation from time, the achievement of an eternal life of unending progression in God-recognition and God-service.
7. <a href="http://www.truthbook...1836">Salvation from the finite, the perfected oneness with Deity in and through the Supreme by which the creature attempts the transcendental discovery of the Ultimate on the postfinaliter levels of the absonite.

101:6.16 Such a sevenfold salvation is the equivalent of the completeness and perfection of the realization of the ultimate experience of the Universal Father. And all this, in potential, is contained within the reality of the faith of the human experience of religion. And it can be so contained since the faith of Jesus was nourished by, and was revelatory of, even realities beyond the ultimate; the faith of Jesus approached the status of a universe absolute in so far as such is possible of manifestation in the evolving cosmos of time and space.
101:6.17 Through the appropriation of the faith of Jesus, mortal man can foretaste in time the realities of eternity. Jesus made the discovery, in human experience, of the Final Father, and his brothers in the flesh of mortal life can follow him along this same experience of Father discovery. They can even attain, as they are, the same satisfaction in this experience with the Father as did Jesus as he was. New potentials were actualized in the universe of Nebadon consequent upon the terminal bestowal of Michael, and one of these was the new illumination of the path of eternity that leads to the Father of all, and which can be traversed even by the mortals of material flesh and blood in the initial life on the planets of space. Jesus was and is the new and living way whereby man can come into the divine inheritance which the Father has decreed shall be his for but the asking. In Jesus there is abundantly demonstrated both the beginnings and endings of the faith experience of humanity, even of divine humanity.

Then , WHY Through the Ages And Even Now Today
DO So Many Still Hate Jesus , Deny Him and His Teachings
Twist or Misunderstand His Teachings , Even Deny He Ever Existed,

Or When You Mention His Name ... Even Laugh ?

NAMASTE

Faith Son
Coop

Edited by Coop, 29 August 2012 - 08:47 AM.

#2 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:05 AM

People are funny that way it seems. There are those who deny the holocaust and the moon landing too and they were recent and plenty of photo and videographic records of both. And yet others believe in alien abduction for pete's sake with no credible evidence of any kind!! The problem lies in Jesus becoming a caricature of the hypocracies of those religions ABOUT Him and the truly insane presentation of a wrathful god who ransomed and blugeoned his child for the sins of mankind - rather than any clear presentation of His Word and His Life - and I wonder if The Spirit of Truth is the source of the growing disillusionment of religionists with their religion institutionally as stale and irrelevant and FALSE???!!! But remember, christianity is the fastest growing religion in the East...perhaps a new direction and reawakening may come yet? TUB says it will be so.....but the butterfly must leave the worm's cocoon, eh? It's a quandry. Peace.

PS I don't think there is near the "hate" for Jesus as for that done in his name by and for those who carry his banner today.

Edited by fanofVan, 29 August 2012 - 09:07 AM.

Peace be upon you."

#3 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:28 AM

Hi,

people tend to dissaprove the things they don't understand and what makes them affraid.
If they really would wish to know Jesus and the Father, Jesus and Father would come to them,
just as they came to you, me and all other brothers and sister who let them in their souls.

Peace
Peace be upon you

#4 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:05 AM

Then , WHY Through the Ages And Even Now Today
DO So Many Still Hate Jesus , Deny Him and His Teachings
Twist or Misunderstand His Teachings , Even Deny He Ever Existed,

Or When You Mention His Name ... Even Laugh ?

Here's the problem in a nutshell: "Human things must be known in order to be loved, but divine things must be loved in order to be known."

Many people do not love divine things or divine people. And here's why Jesus/Michael/the Spirit of Truth can't just waltz into a person's soul and convince him/her to fall in love with him:

p379:05 Though the Spirit of Truth is poured out upon all flesh, this spirit of the Son is almost wholly limited in function and power by man's personal reception of that which constitutes the sum and substance of the mission of the bestowal Son.

Jesus may be the Way, his religion may be a revelation for the world, but all things spiritual are totally limited by the capacity for reception.

p1007:01 Always must the religion of revelation be limited by man's capacity of receptivity.

And in addition to the capacity for receptivity, one must be willing and able to love in return, which brings us back to the quote which states that divine things must be loved in order to be known.

3:4.6 Such a love can be truly experienced, albeit while quality of experience is unlimited, quantity of such an experience is strictly limited by the human capacity for spiritual receptivity and by the associated capacity to love the Father in return.

Some people, like the man who Ganid asked about, simply are not ready to hear the truth, the Spirit of Truth. Some people are self-satisfied or are completely convinced that their "religion," whatever it might be, supplies all of their needs and have no room in their hearts to fall in love with divine things or divine persons.

p1466:02 Ganid, the man was not hungry for truth. He was not dissatisfied with himself. He was not ready to ask for help, and the eyes of his mind were not open to receive light for the soul. That man was not ripe for the harvest of salvation; he must be allowed more time for the trials and difficulties of life to prepare him for the reception of wisdom and higher learning. Or, if we could have him live with us, we might by our lives show him the Father in heaven, and thus would he become so attracted by our lives as sons of God that he would be constrained to inquire about our Father. You cannot reveal God to those who do not seek for him; you cannot lead unwilling souls into the joys of salvation. Man must become hungry for truth as a result of the experiences of living, or he must desire to know God as the result of contact with the lives of those who are acquainted with the divine Father before another human being can act as the means of leading such a fellow mortal to the Father in heaven. If we know God, our real business on earth is so to live as to permit the Father to reveal himself in our lives, and thus will all God-seeking persons see the Father and ask for our help in finding out more about the God who in this manner finds expression in our lives.

#5 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

Hi Coop,

In my experience, which is to say my experience with the variety of the many people I know, I do not see the so-called hate of Jesus. I know many people, even several atheists. I have never met someone who said "I hate Jesus."

If you know people who hate Jesus, maybe you could enlighten us with your understanding of why they do. I imagine something really awful happened to such a person to have such bitterness.

Maybe such people need to ripen in experience and maturity.

There has to be a reason behind hate. Here's a reference familiar to us:

In the mind's eye conjure up a picture of one of your primitive ancestors of cave-dwelling times--a short, misshapen, filthy, snarling hulk of a man standing, legs spread, club upraised, breathing hate and animosity as he looks fiercely just ahead. Such a picture hardly depicts the divine dignity of man. But allow us to enlarge the picture. In front of this animated human crouches a saber-toothed tiger. Behind him, a woman and two children. Immediately you recognize that such a picture stands for the beginnings of much that is fine and noble in the human race, but the man is the same in both pictures. Only in the second sketch you are favored with a widened horizon. You therein discern the motivation of this evolving mortal. His attitude becomes praiseworthy because you understand him. If you could only fathom the motives of your associates, how much better you would understand them. If you could only know your fellows, you would eventually fall in love with them. P.1098 - §2

This reference refers to hate in a general sense, but the point I'm making is that we need to try to fathom the motives of people. And the only way I know of to do that is to associate with them.

All the best,
Meredith

#6 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

Hi Coop, all!

I do not know anyone who says they hate Jesus, it must be because there is everything, sometimes resentment and ignorance can lead someone to that state,
But it's not always true what is said in words.
So I agree with Meredith, maybe if someone talks to that person, you will discover that in the end, not what he-she says.
There is much resentment that has resulted from the same institutional religions, as we know his oratorio based on the figure of Jesus, misrepresented its true, then many people stopped believing.
Perhaps without realizing it is not Jesus but erroneous beliefs that lead them to that state.
Furthermore, the seeker, who has spiritual concerns, absolutely nothing and nobody can stop their spiritual growth.

Alina

#7 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:23 AM

195:9.6 Modern men and women of intelligence evade the religion of Jesus because of their fears of what it will do to them — and with them. And all such fears are well founded.

So there you go! Many modern people are scared to death of Jesus and TUB says that their fears are well founded. So then, our goal as Jesus lovers is to help assuage their fears by making them realize that, "The gospel yoke is easy and the burden of truth is light." p1766:03

#8 JR Sherrod

JR Sherrod

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:I am a Lapidary, and Jewelry Artist & Designer. I love reading the Urantia Book, science fiction, and speculative non-fiction. I am a Choral Singer. I was, at various times in my past, a Military Policeman, Police Instructor, Computer Programmer/Analyst, and Post-secondary technical instructor. I love astronomy, aeronautice & aerospace, and planes & rockets of all types. I bicycle and walk for fun and fitness. I am an Advanced Toastmaster - Bronze. I write Autobiographic Self-Help, and Speculative Non-Fiction.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:26 PM

195:9.6 Modern men and women of intelligence evade the religion of Jesus because of their fears of what it will do to them — and with them. And all such fears are well founded.

So there you go! Many modern people are scared to death of Jesus and TUB says that their fears are well founded. So then, our goal as Jesus lovers is to help assuage their fears by making them realize that, "The gospel yoke is easy and the burden of truth is light." p1766:03

Well said, Bonita! What an eye-opening concept; which concept I never realized until this moment! I can identify with fearful folks, those who are afraid of being led outside their own comfort zone. Now, I can conceptualize their fears stem from being a comfortablely big fish in their own little ponds, while they shrink away from the wider, wilder and deeper ocean of existence which are the living waters of Jesus!

Way to go, Bonita!!

Edited by JR Sherrod, 30 August 2012 - 12:28 PM.

Ah! To be host to God, Himself; and to be enriched beyond measure by that incomprehensible treasure!

#9 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

Hey JR, good to hear from you, and thanks.

Using your analogy, I've discovered that the best way to lead those fish, or tadpoles, into the living waters is by allowing them to swim around in small, sheltered pools near the shores of the river which leads to the open seas. There they can grow a little and get used to the environment before venturing out into the river and finally the sea. I really believe that God nurtures all of in this way . . . little by little . . . gently moving us forward, but never before we're ready. That's one of the things I love the most about him.

#10 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Soccer, Movies, Games,

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

I think the biggest problem is that without the Urantia Book people do not have a proper revelation of Jesus. Their b.s detector goes off when they hear the adultered teachings in the bible and so they egnore the rest. But I have no doubt--->>>>"in an age to come the gospel which I declare to you will rule this very world."

"Believers react to this temporal life as if immortality already were within their grasp." :)

Edited by boomshuka, 01 September 2012 - 08:13 PM.

If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#11 Nelson G

Nelson G

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Pianos fast cars and airplanes.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

My take on this is that possibly the people who may reject Jesus as you have suggested, in reality fear the life changing experinece that goes along with getting to know him.
For many it is extraordinarily difficult to even think about forgiving, or loving their neighbor or parcticing the Golden Rule - let alone actually doing it. There is work involved 24-7.
Life often gives us our greatest gifts brilliantly disguised as our worst nightmares.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users