#1 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:19 AM

http://www.youtube.c...bed/xwem43PVf-8

In this 3 minute video Allison Zopel talks about her car crash, and her subsequent five-year coma during which her closest companion was God. Her background with The Urantia Book helped her in her recovery...

#2 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:destiny interception, kindred spirits, Sailing my ketch, cooking, reading ( a book a day, if possible), helping fellow sojurners on the path of righteousness.I am most interested in building strong relationships with fellow kingdom builders knowing that we will be serving together, off and on, through time and into eternity.

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

I can literally see the "true light," the inner illumination in Allison's eyes.Her certitude is equaled by her soft-spoken humility. Thank You for bringing this Rick.
Slowly but surely the Power of Love is overcoming the Love of Power

#3 JR Sherrod

JR Sherrod

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:I am a Lapidary, and Jewelry Artist & Designer. I love reading the Urantia Book, science fiction, and speculative non-fiction. I am a Choral Singer. I was, at various times in my past, a Military Policeman, Police Instructor, Computer Programmer/Analyst, and Post-secondary technical instructor. I love astronomy, aeronautice & aerospace, and planes & rockets of all types. I bicycle and walk for fun and fitness. I am an Advanced Toastmaster - Bronze. I write Autobiographic Self-Help, and Speculative Non-Fiction.

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:49 AM

Simply... WOW! Thanks for bringing this clip to us, Rick!! There's just something wonderful about how God turns all experience towards better, if we let his love into our life, even terrible auto accidents!
Ah! To be host to God, Himself; and to be enriched beyond measure by that incomprehensible treasure!

#4 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

Forum Friends. This is the latest from Allison:

The Angel Inside
by Allison Zopel

Posted Image

"A Young Woman’s Healing Journey through Coma and Brain Injury”

Hi Everyone,

My name is Allison Zopel, and I would first like to say thank you for having me share about my story and experiences here, on this beautiful site. I am thankful that a website like this is here, and I am also grateful for the Urantia book being a part of this beautiful planet. As a second generation reader, I cannot imagine what life would be like here without it, in my life, or in the world. I give thanks for having this book a part of my life experiences here, daily.

I would like to share with you about a book that I am currently preparing to release, after twelve long years of completing what I feel is a very important mission on this planet; helping people who are recovering from coma and traumatic brain injuries. You might think that this may be a small percentage of the population of our world, but I am here to share with you that with all of the wars, sports injuries, car accidents, and injuries that happen here on a daily basis, it is all too common, and all too misunderstood.

On December 23rd, 1999, just six months after the International Urantia Conference in Vancouver, BC, I was involved in a serious car accident, in which my brain slowly swelled up, and my level of consciousness slowly went down, until I was in what is called a level two coma on the Ranchos Los Amigos scale of coma. I quickly began to realize that a coma is not what most people think it is, as I spent the next five years of my life slowly regaining consciousness, and trapped in-between worlds... where I spent all of my time with only my thoughts, my loving angels, and God.

In my book, The Angel Inside, I describe what it was like to be in a coma from the “inside looking out” on a mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual level. I describe the different levels of consciousness between unconscious and conscious, what it was like to endure brain injuries from the inside, my evolving relationship with God, what I have learned from this experience, how I was able to heal, as well as how we can be of better assistance to people in need of care.

The Angel Inside is filled with descriptive full color illustrations, poetry, drawings, and journal entries to God while in the coma, and I make my way through an unfathomable journey to return to life to help others who may be trapped inside and voiceless.

Blessed to return to life, and complete my mission here, I am happy to share that I have recently opened a non-profit organization, The Return to Life Foundation, dedicated to help raise awareness of coma and brain injury through education. It has a long term goal of opening a healing retreat center where people who are currently recovering from coma and brain injury can come to heal.

Posted Image

The Angel Inside is available in full color at www.TheReturntoLifeFoundation.org in November 2012, as well as on Kindle, Barnes and Noble, and in a black and white edition on Amazon.com. The healing solo piano music that came through me while I was regaining consciousness in the coma is available at: www.musicfromwithin.com .

All of the proceeds of The Angel Inside, as well as a percentage of the speaking engagements that I will do, will be donated to The Return to Life Foundation and its goals.

If you would like to read more about the foundation and our goals, or if you would like to make a donation to our cause, please visit us at:www.TheReturntoLifeFoundation.org.

Thank you so much for having me share about my story with you here, and thank you so much for all of your love and support on my path!

With much love,
Allison Zopel ^j^

#5 Coop

Coop

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

Thanks Brother Rick For The Update

And Thank You Allison For Sharing Your Amazing Story
And For All The Work on The Return to Life Foundation and its goals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwem43PVf-8

Edited by Coop, 31 October 2012 - 06:23 PM.

#6 Coop

Coop

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

Allison Zopel ' A Feeling of Our Love ' from Music From Within

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDkCNfGZ1iE

Edited by Coop, 01 November 2012 - 03:37 AM.

#7 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Hello all,

I don't know why is piano music so important,
But hearing it in the moments between beeing awake and falling in sleep
Always make me happy.

Peace
Peace be upon you

#8 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Soccer, Movies, Games,

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

I talk to Allison sometimes through email, she is the most sweet, kind and caring girl. :) :)
If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#9 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

Wanted to let everyone know that Allison is on tour: she will be coming from Chicago to KC next week (Jan 15-17) and then OKC to Dallas to Austin....so far. Does anyone have a personal connection to a book store or brain injury clinic/hospital or church in KC that would host/sponsor a book or foundation (hers) presentation by Allison on Jan. 16 in the afternoon or early eve? Sorry the time is so very short. You may contact me here by messenger or contact her directly via internet.

Allison's is a rare voice that appeals on so many levels...a true minister of music, spirit, healing, transcendence, near death survivor, and fellow devotee of our Revelation. She brings truth and light to those who often need it most without evangelistic fervor or by leading with text but by the spirit and attraction. Your help to facilitate her tour, especially in KC, would be appreciated. I am unaware of any "official" sponsorship and I hope my "promotion" here does not violate any rules nor offends any fellow students. Peace.

http://www.youtube.c...bed/xwem43PVf-8

www.TheReturntoLifeFoundation.org

: www.musicfromwithin.com

www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=zopel Amazon's listings for music and books by Allison Zopel.
Peace be upon you."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users