#21 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Soccer, Movies, Games,

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

Many people can experience auditory hallucinations which compel them to start a new religion. The easiest way to dispell these fantasies is the urantia book. We can take what ever information is out there and use the u.b to tell us just how much myth is there. Of coarse there are other ways to tell if someone is making something up. Just because there is channelled material out there that doesn't mean it has anything all to do with the u.b or reality. The u.b was not channelled or written by a human being.

I have experienced an auditory hallucination when I was really lost and hurt once in my life. The mind is very powerfull we can use it to trick ourselves if we try hard enough.

Edited by boomshuka, 15 October 2012 - 04:07 PM.

If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#22 brooklyn_born

brooklyn_born

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Interests:Urantia, Bible, mysticism, metaphysics, computers.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

• I think Alina hit the nail on the head.
Also we have to remember how many powerfull cellestial beings are on our planet. There is an arch-angel headquarters on our world. I am pretty sure that a thousand arch-angels could snuff out a weak Calagastia in a instant if they wanted. I am sure he is walking around alone and only contacting those mortals who really desire to know the devil. It is not like there is an army of rebels on the other side marching around.

boom, how do you know that Caligastia is not winning over many of these angels to the rebellion, as we speak? I have said this before, TUB ends its report of the account of the Lucifer rebellion, 1956. From that point to now, we have no idea what is going on. And until all rebels are interned, the threat of new rebellions springing forth to life exists. In my opinion, based on world events, Caligastia is winning over many of the angels presently who administer to our planet.

BB

Edited by brooklyn_born, 15 October 2012 - 04:38 PM.

#23 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

Hi Bonita,

That "perfect and final cure" was not Chuck's hope, but a directive from our Divine Mins,

"10. The Divine Minister of Salvington issued as her third independent proclamation a mandate directing that nothing be done to half cure, cowardly suppress, or otherwise hide the hideous visage of rebels and rebellion. The angelic hosts were directed to work for full disclosure and unlimited opportunity for sin-expression as the quickest technique of achieving the perfect and final cure of the plague of evil and sin." (617.11) 54:5.11

Some background may help: As I understand it, Chuck Thurston and friends were alarmed that a group of UB reading folk (prone to hearing voices) were reporting to other readers that "the rebellion is over, the circuits are open". The article above (essentially a collection of UB quotes) was an attempt to pour cold water over the excitement this group of channelers is currently stirring up in South America.

Regarding the channelers themselves, my guess is they like to style themselves as channelers, otherwise they'd have to admit they are just folks with voices in their head, which is usually sad.

Nigel

Thanks for the background but there are liberties in Thurston's interpretation that simply are not true. He claims: "The adjudication process is governed by unchanging universe policy, which requires the complete ending of ALL sympathy for the rebel leaders and their seductive sophistries:"

He's implying that people have some onerous task of eliminating every speck of sympathy towards evil and that the devil is the source of all evil sophistries. The adjudication process does not hinge on eradicating sympathy for all evil. There will be sympathy for evil regardless of whether or not the adjudication takes place. Furthermore, the quote you offered is not referring to just the rebellion, but to ALL evil, forever. Ending sympathy for evil will not end all evil. The quote actually says that there should be unlimited opportunity for sin expression. Thurston's ideas and TUB's ideas don't match up, and this is evidenced by Marisa's fear that Caligastia is tormenting even sincere believers, taking us backward 2000 years. He's playing with fire here and it's dangerous stuff.

#24 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

The greatest error/evil IMO regarding this entire issue is blaming the inherencies of free choice, especially on a pre-L&L planet, on the rebellion or sins of others. We are who we are, individually and collectively, based exclusively on free will choices.....some good, some not so much, and some quite iniquitous. We cannot assign the good results based on good choices on any universe agents or agencies.....good springs forth from good, eh? Why then do we need to find someone or something to blame for the outcome of BAD choices? Both are direct responses to the agency of free will....the inherent and universal benefit/consequence calculation that is as powerful a force as gravity or mass + momentum or any physical relationship.

I am mildly amused to consider that a half million years after rebellion and 2000 years after the Creator Son became the Master Son and the archangels headquarters were established here that any would fret over "new" fallen angels or "old" fallen ones either. It is my understanding that Caligastia roams without voice or audience except those foolish enough to openly and willingly request such. But angels? Now? Really? Here? Do any believe rebellion can succeed? Or are they temporarily duped by their leadership and within isolation until given truth and opportunity to recognize their error and repent therefrom?

The 5th Revelation is VERY clear about much: we live in a friendly universe; we have all mind and spirit circuits open and fully operational for each ascender; we have benefitted greatly as a result of the rebellion; no mind can be invaded or even influenced by any external source; Urantia has made great progress toward L&L despite rebellion and default; free will is sacred to God who will not use ANY form of coercsion or fear or trickery to induce loyalty or better choosing; free will allows for evil and sin and iniquity....it does not require it but it does allow it; experience by error or within truth and beauty and goodness is the source of normal progress; love is the principal force throughout all the universes; the whole progresses based on the individuals' truth perception and reality experience; and there is no boogey man (or hell)!!

There is much to learn and much to do. Until one learns to love more and fear less, we have much more to do, eh? Ascension 101. Fearless and Lovemore!! Trust Heavenly Father's love, mercy, patience, power, and plan. Fear attachment is one of the first shackles that must be broken to escape the fetters of its evil and provide the fulcrum point for the TA's leverage of mind ministry. Our fear PREVENTS our progress. Period. Less fear + more love = acceleration of truth experience. It's an easy recipe/formula. And there is no wiggle or quibble....FEAR PREVENTS PROGRESS! This ain't rocket science! Peace.

Edited by fanofVan, 15 October 2012 - 05:33 PM.

Peace be upon you."

#25 Guest_As-Within-So-Without_*

Guest_As-Within-So-Without_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

It would seem that the following “Be as wise as serpents but as harmless as doves” was important enough to list four times.

(1580.8) 140:8.13 He made it clear that indiscriminate kindness may be blamed for many social evils. The following day Jesus definitely instructed Judas that no apostolic funds were to be given out as alms except upon his request or upon the joint petition of two of the apostles. In all these matters it was the practice of Jesus always to say, “Be as wise as serpents but as harmless as doves.” It seemed to be his purpose in all social situations to teach patience, tolerance, and forgiveness.

(1584.2) 140:9.3 Jesus advised them to take neither money nor extra clothing, saying, “The laborer is worthy of his hire.” And finally he said: “Behold I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves; be you therefore as wise as serpents and as harmless as doves. But take heed, for your enemies will bring you up before their councils, while in their synagogues they will castigate you. Before governors and rulers you will be brought because you believe this gospel, and your very testimony shall be a witness for me to them. And when they lead you to judgment, be not anxious about what you shall say, for the spirit of my Father indwells you and will at such a time speak through you. Some of you will be put to death, and before you establish the kingdom on earth, you will be hated by many peoples because of this gospel; but fear not; I will be with you, and my spirit shall go before you into all the world. And my Father’s presence will abide with you while you go first to the Jews, then to the gentiles.”

(1800.5) 163:1.3 Before Jesus laid his hands upon the heads of the seventy to set them apart as gospel messengers, addressing them, he said: “The harvest is indeed plenteous, but the laborers are few; therefore I exhort all of you to pray that the Lord of the harvest will send still other laborers into his harvest. I am about to set you apart as messengers of the kingdom; I am about to send you to Jew and gentile as lambs among wolves. As you go your ways, two and two, I instruct you to carry neither purse nor extra clothing, for you go forth on this first mission for only a short season. Salute no man by the way, attend only to your work. Whenever you go to stay at a home, first say: Peace be to this household. If those who love peace live therein, you shall abide there; if not, then shall you depart. And having selected this home, remain there for your stay in that city, eating and drinking whatever is set before you. And you do this because the laborer is worthy of his sustenance. Move not from house to house because a better lodging may be offered. Remember, as you go forth proclaiming peace on earth and good will among men, you must contend with bitter and self-deceived enemies; therefore be as wise as serpents while you are also as harmless as doves.

(1930.4) 178:1.7 Display wisdom and exhibit sagacity in your dealings with unbelieving civil rulers. By discretion show yourselves to be expert in ironing out minor disagreements and in adjusting trifling misunderstandings. In every possible way — in everything short of your spiritual allegiance to the rulers of the universe — seek to live peaceably with all men. Be you always as wise as serpents but as harmless as doves.

And, there is an old saying, “It takes a con man to know a con man” which does not suggest that we go out and practice the art of being a con man to gain experience in recognizing when one is being deceived.

But, we must also assume that we are not born with wisdom and that a learning process must be present although filled with pitfalls and error, which again puts the burden on the village and not necessarily the parents in that there may be inherent defects which will take time to work themselves out over unsuspecting generations to come.

For, it has also been said:

“The reason for the slow progress of the world seems to lie in a single fact. Every man is born under the yoke, and grows up beneath the oppressions of his age. He can only get a vision of the unselfish forces in the world by appealing to them, and every appeal is a call to arms. If he fights he must fight, not one man, but a conspiracy. He is always at war with a civilization. On his side is proverbial philosophy, a galaxy of invisible saints and sages, and the half-developed consciousness and professions of everybody. Against him is the world, and every selfish passion in his own heart.” — John Jay Chapman.

“There's a sucker born every minute.” — Phineas Barnum.

“Never give a sucker an even break.” — W. C. Fields.

I must admit that I agree with Bonita’s stalwart position however, here again, if we are not given a choice, how can we choose?

#26 marisa33

marisa33

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Bonita quote: " Seems to me that you're saying that anyone can be deceived and no one can be trusted"..... I never said that; I am not presumptuous enough to know that answer. I am only trying to understand. I'm not "saying" anything.

Bonita quote: "Listen Marisa: If worrying about Thurston's tripe makes you more joyful; Spend all of your days reading Thurston and thinking about his words. Worry yourself away! ...... Forgive me if I misunderstood, but this feels like a sarcastic comment. If you consider my desire to understand a topic unimportant to you, then why make comments.

Bonita quote: "I honestly cannot tolerate this stuff".....
Then WHY are you making comments on this post. There are plenty of other topics in another thread, which may be more tolerable to you. Using multiple adjectives to belittle my intelligence, spirituality, and my interest in this topic, which I am currently studying, is pretty upsetting to see.

Everybody is a different level of understanding and may have questions that may be of no interest to you. Saying, "this has to stop" makes me (as a new poster) feel very unwelcomed. I am new here and I have no idea of the history in this forum previous to my post. This is what I've heard from you: "Malarky", "shallow", how stupid "people like YOU are" for paying attention to this article, etc...

Plus, None of this is referring to anyone of evil intent or desire. I'm referring to people who are sincere, love god, pray and are only seeking good....period! So, why even mention people with evil desires. Of course, the topic would be silly, if it was regarding people who are TRYING to do evil things, and lastly, this topic has nothing to do with Halloween...that didn't even enter my mind.

This topic is important for me to understand and if it's silly to you, please don't degrade me for asking. Thanks.

Yes, it's all malarky. How is it that you've come to trust Thurston so much? If his theory is correct, then how can we be sure that he's not being deceived too? Seems to me that you're saying that anyone can be deceived and no one can be trusted, which is exactly the opposite of what Jesus taught.

192:2.7 When they had gone a short distance, Jesus said to Andrew, "Andrew, do you trust me?" And when the former chief of the apostles heard Jesus ask such a question, he stood still and answered, "Yes, Master, of a certainty I trust you, and you know that I do." Then said Jesus: "Andrew, if you trust me, trust your brethren more - even Peter.

Yes. People succumb to evil because they are weak, because their faith is shallow. But evil is of their own making. There is no devil tempting people to forgo truth for evil. The potential for evil is in your own heart. It is not someone else's fault when evil is permitted to happen. It's very immature to say, "The devil made me do it." I'll ask again, why do you put so much faith and trust in Thurston and so little faith and trust in God?

Because people like you will read it and believe it.

The mind at mischief is a very powerful force. Nothing evil can happen to people unless they allow it. There are times when we have to suffer from the evil choices others make, but we do that joyfully, returning good for evil at every turn. Focus on reality and not this side show of, "Oh look, there's the devil . . . no wait, he's over there . . . and now he's coming for you!" It's all nonsense.

Since when can you measure God and his spirit mathematically?

Listen Marisa, test yourself this way: If worrying about Thurston's tripe makes you more joyful; allows you to function more efficiently; helps you love and serve others with more patience and tolerance; calms your mind and bolsters your spirit as well as giving you an enlarged and deepened appreciation for truth, beauty and goodness, then go with it wholeheartedly. Spend all of your days reading Thurston and thinking about his words. Worry yourself away!

But I choose not to give a microsecond of attention to anything with even a shadow of a hair's turning for an untrue purpose because it creates no lasting peace. Worry over falsehood is fruitless.

p555:1 48:6.22 The shadow of a hair's turning, premeditated for an untrue purpose, the slightest twisting or perversion of that which is principle—these constitute falseness.

#27 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

boom, how do you know that Caligastia is not winning over many of these angels to the rebellion, as we speak? I have said this before, TUB ends its report of the account of the Lucifer rebellion, 1956. From that point to now, we have no idea what is going on. And until all rebels are interned, the threat of new rebellions springing forth to life exists. In my opinion, based on world events, Caligastia is winning over many of the angels presently who administer to our planet.

BB

If the u.b says the rebellion is over I believe it. They also speak about how there will not be another rebellion. I believe that as well.

This entire topic brings up another topic. Which is what can happen to people who view the urantia book as a channeled affirmation of their beliefs and not a revelation. The only confusion that happens here is people only accept bits and parts of the u.b and they take what appeals to them. That is where the confusion, and error happens. The part about 1st circlers is a part that I have seen readers take as fact and than reject the u.b's stance on how long it takes to get there. They than assume that they can talk to cellestial beings because that is what they think happened with the urantia book. It happens way to much. The urantia book did not come about in channelings, or people hearing voices, or anything like that. It was literally written by midwayers, and transmitted threw someone who was completely unaware of the entire event. Nothing like this happens, it is unique. It is not even like a self revelation. It is not even like a vision people may get of the mansion worlds. Some people like to take just bits and parts of all religions and concepts and make their own opinion. That is not really what the urantia book is meant for. Its meant to be taken as a revelation not a affirmation.

This is what I've heard from you: "Malarky", "shallow", how stupid "people like YOU are" for paying attention to this article, etc...

Marrisa she is just mad at this Thurston guy, and she thinks he is Malarky, shallow etc. You are just being deceived by delusional human beings not the devil. The lies this man and others like him puts out is dangerous stuff.

Edited by boomshuka, 15 October 2012 - 07:00 PM.

If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#28 brooklyn_born

brooklyn_born

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

boom, I was under the impression Lucifer's rebellion was over, but Caligastia's is ongoing.

If the u.b says the rebellion is over I believe it. They also speak about how there will not be another rebellion. I believe that as well.

This entire topic brings up another topic. Which is what can happen to people who view the urantia book as a channeled affirmation of their beliefs and not a revelation. The only confusion that happens here is people only accept bits and parts of the u.b and they take what appeals to them. That is where the confusion, and error happens. The part about 1st circlers is a part that I have seen readers take as fact and than reject the u.b's stance on how long it takes to get there. They than assume that they can talk to cellestial beings because that is what they think happened with the urantia book. It happens way to much. The urantia book did not come about in channelings, or people hearing voices, or anything like that. It was literally written by midwayers, and transmitted threw someone who was completely unaware of the entire event. Nothing like this happens, it is unique. It is not even like a self revelation. It is not even like a vision people may get of the mansion worlds. Some people like to take just bits and parts of all religions and concepts and make their own opinion. That is not really what the urantia book is meant for. Its meant to be taken as a revelation not a affirmation.

Marrisa she is just mad at this Thurston guy, and she thinks he is Malarky, shallow etc. You are just being deceived by delusional human beings not the devil. The lies this man and others like him puts out is dangerous stuff.

Edited by brooklyn_born, 15 October 2012 - 07:29 PM.

#29 menno

menno

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Lifetime pursuit: Searching for truth. Found the Urantia Book to be an excellent source. I feel fortunate to have an original 1955 copy of "Big Blue" given to me by a friend in the book selling Business. Hobbies: traveling through the mountains in my Yukon XL

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

Boom
Although I agree with basically 99% of what you post on this forum and the other one; I hope that you don't mind if I point out a slight error contained within your post made just a few hours ago.

You said within your 2nd paragraph " The urantia book did not come about in channeling or people hearing voices......"

I believe that if you research the history of how the UB came about, you'll discover that Dr. William Sadler and his wife Lena had voice communication through the sleeping subject. This type of communication occured during the early years before the UB was transmitted in hanwritten form.

Sorry for going off the topic. Carry on with your interesting dialogue.

#30 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

You said within your 2nd paragraph " The urantia book did not come about in channeling or people hearing voices......"

Right but, that is not a voice in their head. Which is what I meant by hearing voices. This is the sort of thing that is going on with some of these groups. And I don't mind people disagreeing with me, sometimes I look back at posts I made months back and I disagree with what I said lol. :)

Posted Today, 08:23 PM
boom, I was under the impression Lucifer's rebellion was over, but Caligastia's is ongoing.

Yes, but he is impotent now. He is also bat-#$% crazy. I can't remember the quote in the book that talks about his mental state, but its not good.

In my opinion, based on world events, Caligastia is winning over many of the angels presently who administer to our planet.

Compared to the non-breather world our world seems to be fairing well. The u.b hints that this planet has gone threw many world wars, and we may as a world may face more world wars. But this has nothing to do with devils. War is just a natural result of human beings not being true religionists and it will go on until we find true religion. The u.b also seems to give good hints about how to defend against attacks, apparently building up a strong defence is important lol. One of the first things to go up for both Eden and Dalamantia was a wall :). Lol

Edited by boomshuka, 15 October 2012 - 09:53 PM.

#31 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

This topic is important for me to understand and if it's silly to you, please don't degrade me for asking. Thanks.

marisa33, I'm not degrading you or your questions. I'm degrading Thurston's long, tedious and hopelessly misleading essay which you posted here on this forum. If you take my comments about Thurston's essay personally, it is because you most likely have emotionally identified with what he wrote. If you are really opened minded in your questions about his theories, if you're truly questioning them, then my opinion should not bother you at all. After all, it's only opinion. I happen to like my opinion, but you don't have to like it. You're free to dislike my opinion as much as you want. And you're free and WELCOME to voice your opinion as well.

I happen to be extremely passionate about this topic and I'm sickened by the many different ways people come up with to perpetuate primitive myths. I will not, I absolutely cannot, tolerate anyone blaming the devil for anything. The rebellion is over. Michael is sovereign. No one should be wasting one second thinking or worrying about devils or disadjustered beings because all such thinking only serves to feed fear . . . and that's exactly what evil loves . . . FEAR AND WORRY. And anyone who thinks that adjudicating rebels is the only way to end evil is being very seriously misled. It really does have to stop.

Why? Well look at BB . . . now he's been lead to think that angels might be starting a new rebellion . . . he thinks the devil might be busy conniving innocents! It's amazing to me that more can't see how malignantly poisonous this stuff is? It MUST stop! It really, really must. It's actually blasphemous, it's a refusal to accept Michael as sovereign. I will never tolerate that and I don't care who pitches a fit about it. I'm more than willing and happy to bear the cross for Michael's sovereignty over all sources of evil. He ended the rebellion. It's over. He's the boss and no puny, pernicious peon like Caligastia can do anything to change that. Caligastia and his minions are trivial and unimportant, definitely not worth wasting any time worrying about. I don't know how else to say it. If what I say is not true, then Pentecost was a waste of time and Michael is the impotent one. And that is simply OUTRAGEOUS; it cannot stand.

p610:03 But since the day of Pentecost this traitorous Caligastia and his equally contemptible associate, Daligastia, are servile before the divine majesty of the Paradise Thought Adjusters and the protective Spirit of Truth, the spirit of Michael, which has been poured out upon all flesh.

#32 Guest_As-Within-So-Without_*

Guest_As-Within-So-Without_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

marisa33, I'm not degrading you or your questions. I'm degrading Thurston's long, tedious and hopelessly misleading essay which you posted here on this forum. If you take my comments about Thurston's essay personally, it is because you most likely have emotionally identified with what he wrote. If you are really opened minded in your questions about his theories, if you're truly questioning them, then my opinion should not bother you at all. After all, it's only opinion. I happen to like my opinion, but you don't have to like it. You're free to dislike my opinion as much as you want. And you're free and WELCOME to voice your opinion as well.

I happen to be extremely passionate about this topic and I'm sickened by the many different ways people come up with to perpetuate primitive myths. I will not, I absolutely cannot, tolerate anyone blaming the devil for anything. The rebellion is over. Michael is sovereign. No one should be wasting one second thinking or worrying about devils or disadjustered beings because all such thinking only serves to feed fear . . . and that's exactly what evil loves . . . FEAR AND WORRY. And anyone who thinks that adjudicating rebels is the only way to end evil is being very seriously misled. It really does have to stop.

Why? Well look at BB . . . now he's been lead to think that angels might be starting a new rebellion . . . he thinks the devil might be busy conniving innocents! It's amazing to me that more can't see how malignantly poisonous this stuff is? It MUST stop! It really, really must. It's actually blasphemous, it's a refusal to accept Michael as sovereign. I will never tolerate that and I don't care who pitches a fit about it. I'm more than willing and happy to bear the cross for Michael's sovereignty over all sources of evil. He ended the rebellion. It's over. He's the boss and no puny, pernicious peon like Caligastia can do anything to change that. Caligastia and his minions are trivial and unimportant, definitely not worth wasting any time worrying about. I don't know how else to say it. If what I say is not true, then Pentecost was a waste of time and Michael is the impotent one. And that is simply OUTRAGEOUS; it cannot stand.

p610:03 But since the day of Pentecost this traitorous Caligastia and his equally contemptible associate, Daligastia, are servile before the divine majesty of the Paradise Thought Adjusters and the protective Spirit of Truth, the spirit of Michael, which has been poured out upon all flesh.

Just wondering Bonita? What part of you, or your TA, is influencing your presentation here in that by your tone it would be evident that you stand hiding in fear of what exactly? Evidently I was not mistaken regarding Michael verses Jesus, and that F.D.R. was correct in saying that "there is nothing to fear but fear itself?

PS: Have you forgotten your own posts from your own topic:
http://urantia.invis...post__p__19645
http://urantia.invis...post__p__19626
http://urantia.invis...post__p__19583

Edited by As-Within-So-Without, 15 October 2012 - 10:05 PM.

#33 marisa33

marisa33

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

Bonita,

I did not post Thurston's article...someone else did.

I came onto this thread and responded to the article that was already posted, but it made sense to me. It came from the Urantia Book.

There are things happening out in the world that make it hard to simply overlook this issue. As the world changes, we have to understand what's going on; If you are lucky, you can ignore it and be joyful. If you run across it, you're going to be asking questions.

Let me ask you a hypothetical. I know you think this is nonsense, but it IS happening, whether you want to acknowledge it or not.
Say there were UFO sightings in your neighborhood and various things had been reported. Then, one night you go out to take your dog out for her bathroom needs, and suddenly a bright light pops on over top of you....a silent (no sound) thing slips up to you out of no where and suddenly turns a bright beam on you. Do you feel fearful or ask them for tea? I don't know. So, me? I'd hold my head down and get inside as fast as possible.

This is something that can happen to the most spiritual/god - loving people. You would not be looking for trouble or wanting this to happen....It just does.

After an event like that, would you be talking about how foolish the TV programs are and how they just want high ratings OR would you be asking questions, especially in a forum where people are students of the same source you trust.

For me, the next thing I'd do, was look up info on the subject, and thus ran across biblical folks saying that it's fallen angels, so the next thing I do, is come here to this forum, to see your thoughts.

Suppose the one-time event suddenly made more appearances. Would you ignore that? Should you encourage them, as they are possibly "friendly" or check into it a bit further? Frankly, I'd LOVE to be free of ALL fear ... truely. So, would that be your advice in this circumstance?

#34 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

Then, one night you go out to take your dog out for her bathroom needs, and suddenly a bright light pops on over top of you....a silent (no sound) thing slips up to you out of no where and suddenly turns a bright beam on you. Do you feel fearful or ask them for tea? I don't know. So, me? I'd hold my head down and get inside as fast as possible.

Well that is what the u.b is here for, to give us an idea of what is actually out there so when something strange does happen we do not freak out. Caligastia cannot harm you, you are safe. None of these beings can enter our world, their leader is Impotent. :) Whatever you experienced was of the natural world or it was something supernaturally friendly.

The Universe is actually very friendly :). I don't understand if people have experienced a UFO sighting or a strange experience that they immediately think that evil is behind it?

Edited by boomshuka, 15 October 2012 - 11:03 PM.

#35 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

marisa33, on 15 October 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

Plus, None of this is referring to anyone of evil intent or desire. I'm referring to people who are sincere, love god, pray and are only seeking good....period! So, why even mention people with evil desires.

Hi marisa33,

Your comment above leads me to think you are not naive about channeling. From what you say, "I'm referring to people who are sincere, love god, pray and are only seeking good....period!" that you are suggesting you actually know some of these people. Your comments from an earlier post also suggest you know some of these people.

marisa33, on 15 October 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

Thurston's article explains that "Caligastia deceives and goes after sincere individuals who believe they are doing the right thing". So, are you [Bonita] saying that this is just a bunch of "malarky" that we shouldn't care about? Thing is, it's going on with sincere urantia students. They are not untintelligent/ungodly people who don't pray or aknowledge their thought adjusters guidance.

Your [Bonita] quote: "Why people waste their time paying attention to UFO claptrap never ceases to amaze me. "Why not give equal time to prayer and boost the ratings of God instead?" .... Does that mean that people who are acknowledging the events happening all around us are not Praying and focused on god? That couldn't be further from the truth. Many are very spiritual and very focused on god. Just because it many not have been your experience, does not mean that it is not happening on a wide scale to others. Isn't it wise to attempt to understand how it fits in with the heavently father's plan? Do we just stick our heads in the sand and ignore that it's happening.

That’s why I think you must know some of these people about whom you refer. Also it seems to me there is an emotional component to your concerns about them. Maybe I am misreading you and you, yourself, are sincere in your questions. Or, maybe you are on a fishing expedition, so to speak, here in this forum on the subject of channeling. But I do not know. You did ask how it all fits into God’s plan. And I don’t know the answer to that either. Jesus never did it, nor did the Apostles. They were engaged in spreading the good news of the gospel.

But I do know that millions of people across our world "are very spiritual and focused on god [sic]". This is well and good. But a number of well-meaning people, spiritual and focused on God, are knowingly perverting the teachings found on the pages of the Urantia Book by deluding other people into the deception and amusement of getting messages from disembodied persons. It's a shame. Some people are lured into such things as Ouija board, tarot cards, astrology, channeling, spiritism and other new age activities. It’s a seduction. Makes people think they are special. But those who dabble in these amusements are not easily dissuaded, because those practitioners receive so much attention in their groups, and they are invested emotionally in it. It's an ego trip doubly sinister in my opinion because of references to the UB and because other UB readers are taken in by it. Too bad there aren’t more Doubting Thomas’ in the UB communities.

As for UFOs I'll leave it alone. It doesn't really. pertain to the UB. There are a lot of subjects we would love to know more about, but the UB is not an encyclopedia.

As boom says, the universe is very friendly!

All the best,
Meredith

#36 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:01 AM

Hello all,

I feel need to post following quote here

(151:5.5) As Jesus came out in the rain, he looked first at Peter, and then peering into the darkness at the struggling oarsmen, he turned his glance back upon Simon Peter, who, in his agitation, had not yet returned to his oar, and said: "Why are all of you so filled with fear? Where is your faith? Peace, be quiet." Jesus had hardly uttered this rebuke to Peter and the other apostles, he had hardly bidden Peter seek peace wherewith to quiet his troubled soul, when the disturbed atmosphere, having established its equilibrium, settled down into a great calm. The angry waves almost immediately subsided, while the dark clouds, having spent themselves in a short shower, vanished, and the stars of heaven shone overhead. All this was purely coincidental as far as we can judge; but the apostles, particularly Simon Peter, never ceased to regard the episode as a nature miracle. It was especially easy for the men of that day to believe in nature miracles inasmuch as they firmly believed that all nature was a phenomenon directly under the control of spirit forces and supernatural beings.

I see that whole debate is around fear. It is hard to win out animal side but to learn to live without fear is one great victory.
When you learn the lesson of being fearless and self-forgetful you are on the good road.
It is very hard lesson and most likely it will repeat it self many times. But once mustered it will be like drinking watter :)

Following quote help me a lot
(100:2.7) Jesus portrayed the profound surety of the God-knowing mortal when he said: "To a God-knowing kingdom believer, what does it matter if all things earthlycrash?" Temporal securities are vulnerable, but spiritual sureties are impregnable. When the flood tides of human adversity, selfishness, cruelty, hate, malice, and jealousy beat about the mortal soul, you may rest in the assurance that there is one inner bastion, the citadel of the spirit, which is absolutely unassailable; at least this is true of every human being who has dedicated the keeping of his soul to the indwelling spirit of the eternal God.

We are here to experience and learn something that a lot of personalities in Universe will never have opportunity to learn. If Lucifer, Caligastia and Satan came from ascending order they would probably not go astray, they would be able to admit that they were wrong and see forgiveness.
I can't even imagine how hard is to be isolated from God. But pride in this fallen angels was so great that they rebuke the possibility to admit that someone else was right. In occasions when I am passing through test it is not the test what troubles me but silence from the Father is ripping my soul apart. But faith is with me. I believe that Father loves me, that Universe is a peaceful place with many beauty full things to see and learn.

Brothers and Sisters walk this place with cheer in your heart, help each other, show each other Love and even to those which you don't like.The day will come when we will be united in one goal. Goal to become like our Father. To unite with him in Isle of Paradise and to help him create this Universe to be perfect, even as He is perfect.
Fear not.
Worry not.

Our Father is with us.

Peace on Earth and good (God) will among men

Peace be upon you

#37 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:18 AM

Suppose the one-time event suddenly made more appearances. Would you ignore that? Should you encourage them, as they are possibly "friendly" or check into it a bit further? Frankly, I'd LOVE to be free of ALL fear ... truely. So, would that be your advice in this circumstance?

marisa33,

First, let me say that I'm sorry for assigning the posting of Thurston's essay to you. Second, I have to ask, are you saying that you've been contacted by aliens and that UFO's are following you around? It's not clear from your hypothetical statements if that's the case.

I personally have never seen a UFO or an alien and I don't know anyone who has. Until I do encounter an alien or a UFO myself, I cannot believe in them at all and I have little tolerance for all the media hype. But let's just say, for the sake of your question, that they actually do exist and that it's just a matter of time before one lands in my back yard and tries to communicate with me. How would I act? I would jump up and down with joy that I had the opportunity to show that there are humans on the planet who are friendly. And of course, I would pump them for their obviously advanced knowledge and experience. There would be a lot to learn there.

But I have to ask, with all sincerity, how on earth did you get UFO's and aliens from Thurston's essay? What is the link? I can't see any connection at all between adjudicating the Lucifer Rebellion and UFO's. Please tell me what I am missing because it's not making any sense.

#38 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

(1950.3) 180:5.8 But the highest realization and the truest interpretation of the golden rule consists in the consciousness of the spirit of the truth of the enduring and living reality of such a divine declaration. The true cosmic meaning of this rule of universal relationship is revealed only in its spiritual realization, in the interpretation of the law of conduct by the spirit of the Son to the spirit of the Father that indwells the soul of mortal man. And when such spirit-led mortals realize the true meaning of this golden rule, they are filled to overflowing with the assurance of citizenship in a friendly universe, and their ideals of spirit reality are satisfied only when they love their fellows as Jesus loved us all, and that is the reality of the realization of the love of God.

(2094.7) 196:3.8 2. Interpretation of the universe — wisdom. Only the spirit-indwelt mind can comprehend that the universe is friendly to the individual.

(38.2) 2:4.2 God is inherently kind, naturally compassionate, and everlastingly merciful. And never is it necessary that any influence be brought to bear upon the Father to call forth his loving-kindness. The creature’s need is wholly sufficient to insure the full flow of the Father’s tender mercies and his saving grace. Since God knows all about his children, it is easy for him to forgive. The better man understands his neighbor, the easier it will be to forgive him, even to love him.

(42.1) 2:6.9 Facing the world of personality, God is discovered to be a loving person; facing the spiritual world, he is a personal love; in religious experience he is both. Love identifies the volitional will of God. The goodness of God rests at the bottom of the divine free-willness — the universal tendency to love, show mercy, manifest patience, and minister forgiveness.

When did the aliens get here? Although a big Trekkie and scifi fan myself, TUB taught me better. Speed of light (or multiples thereof - warpspeed) inter-galactic, mechanical ships with other mortals inside (and if not mortals, then no space ships) is an unsupported improbability for multiple reasons: physics is but one; the prime directive is second (thanks Bradbury for that), and seraphic transport requirements are another - although, belief in beings on other worlds is a positive general influence on the planet's perspective, eh? A rather benign virus in my opinion. But how'd they land on this thread?

But if they are buzzing around, hiding from empirical support and anyone with scientific training or education, then they also are cosmic citizens in a friendly universe with far greater progress than our own, no? What's to fear then? Or blame? And why wonder who's in charge? Fear less and Love more. Peace.
Peace be upon you."

#39 brooklyn_born

brooklyn_born

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

boom, do you have a passage to support this?

... They also speak about how there will not be another rebellion.

#40 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

From Marissa's first post: "Based on this summary, it seems that we are not safe to seek any spiritual connections, without encountering rebellious beings. I think about the UFO phenominon and worry about whether most of these are manifestations of rebellious beings or whether they are our unseen friends from the seraphic planetary government. How would you know the difference? With all these deceptions, how will we ever recognize our true friends? As we progress spiritually, do we fear the unknown or the "new earth/5th demintional" transitions that the new age community have been discussing OR is that also a deception? If the circuits are open, do we have anything to fear?"

Safe to seek spiritual connections? No rebellious beings were ever or ever are within your mind or spirit circuits - not ever. Who are you trying to connect to?

UFOs are not "manifestations" - they are either unidentified and unexplained facts or they are not factual at all. What's to fear in either case? Seraphim seems more likely, if still unlikely and why fear any angels?

Mortal mind filled with fear, superstitions, imagination combined with a lack of knowledge is the source of self - "deception" - not the universe.

Please post a quote regarding the "new earth 5th dimensional transition" - whatever that means. Planetary progress is well defined in TUB, I must have missed that one or I don't understand the issue.

This book you say brings you faith should do just that. There is nothing to fear and all fear is evil (error within free will) and prevents progress. The tadpole will not get legs and feet by being afraid - first things first. Trust in God and His love and power and purpose and plan will eliminate all fear from all minds....eventuallly and absolutely. Peace.
Peace be upon you."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users