#1 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:15 AM

Dear Forum Friends,

In the most recent issue of The Journal, Lone Star Urantia Association member and chief editor, Suzanne Kelly, pulls together disparate essays from within UAI.

CONTENTS:

1 The Search for Perfection: the Quest for the Grail.........................................Marc Belleau, Canada

2 Editorial.........................................................................................................Suzanne Kelly, USA

6 The Divine Perfection Plans...........................................................................Dorothy J. Elder, USA

7 The Second Mile—the Challenge,the Message, the Way................................Dorothy J. Elder, USA

9 Survival of the Subnormal Mind.....................................................................Rick Lyon, USA

15 Truth, Beauty and Goodness In The Urantia Book, Chapter 5 ~ Love...........Rick Warren, USA

16 “It begins with Giving.”..................................................................................Lou Nicksic, USA

Editor's introduction:

Greetings fellow UAI Journal readers,

Our April issue follows the changing of the seasons and our authors’ messages echo that change for us in our daily lives. We begin with an in-depth examination of the “Search for Perfection” by Marc Belleau. Mark has not only found the starting point for this search but he clearly understands the vehicle that is needed for the journey; “Becoming perfect means to adapt and transform ourselves, greeting change and demonstrating flexibility. The answer to the challenges that crop up in our everyday life is found within our capacity to adapt ourselves. The environmental adjustment mentioned in the preceding quotation is the mechanism by which we can gain perfection.”

Our next contributor, a long time reader and teacher, Dorothy Elder, has given us a detailed curriculum for our study in “The Divine Perfection Plan”. Dorothy easily explains the goal of our directive, “It seems to me as though our response to the challenge of this age is to try to duplicate the Divine Perfection Plans in our lives.”She continues the plan in her next article “The 2nd Mile,” where we are enticed with her statement “why is The Urantia Book so revealing in its extent of Universal truth? Why is it “out of step” in its up stepping? I believe that modern Agondonter man has been given a unique challenge, and it’s not what you’re thinking—live The Urantia Book teachings in our lives—disseminate the book—it’s more than that—much more…”

Our third truly thought provoking essay is from Rick Lyon.“Survival of the subnormal mind” delves into those areas of thought where the change we encounter is our perception. Rick’s personal journey becomes part of our own as we follow the changing answer to his query; “This article has taken me a few years to write. During that time a lot has changed. My thinking about this topic has evolved and the reason for writing it took on greater significance. I finished this article several times but I was never convinced of the very thing I was trying to prove or disprove—until now.”

Our final article is part of a continuing essay from another long time reader/contributor Rick Warren. In the fifth chapter of his book, “Truth Beauty and Goodness In The Urantia Book”, Rick examines Truth, Beauty and Goodness (TB&G) from the standpoint of divine affection: “Love may carry the same truth, beauty and goodness, but never does it manifest in the same way. Love and compassion require that revealed truth always be adapted to the student’s mind…”. Discernment of real need is crucial to love properly applied.

On page 16 from contributor Lou Nicksic, a brief interlude purveying great wisdom with a few select words in his poem, “It Begins with Giving” Never pass up the opportunity to give of yourself. For the act of giving creates an inner Joy.
Happy and Enlightened Reading!
Suzanne Kelly

UAI Journal in four idioms, with art and photos: http://urantia-uai.org/Journal/

UAI Main

Join UAI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users