92 replies to this topic

#41 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

fanofVan, I'm very flattered, but do you know that I'm brain damaged? It wasn't until half of my brain got squashed with a massive hemorrhage for over a month that I started living the simple life. It's really an accident of fate. So you're right, my brain is not cluttered; half of it is pretty much empty. Don't get me wrong, I love conversing about the intellectual details of the written word, but when it comes to actual living . . . I'm real, real simple. No foofoo at all. I don't have the brain capacity to handle foofoo.

You most probably approach life simply yourself, particularly if people are attracted to you. People are only attracted to the ornate and pretentious when they're seeking the wrong thing. Real truth seekers are attracted to simplicity. And by simplicity I mean, effortless clarity, accessibility, modesty and naturalness. You don't have to be right about everything all of the time. You just have to be sincere . . . genuinely sincere. People forgive mistakes when they're made honestly and corrected without a lot of fanfare, don't you think?

48:7.17 15. Affectation is the ridiculous effort of the ignorant to appear wise, the attempt of the barren soul to appear rich.

#42 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

No Sister, I did not know that part of your story....or anything else really except your words and the passion displayed for truth and accuracy and knowledge and your tenderness for those of us who seek that which you share so generously. I've never been one for celebrity in sports or music or truth seeking....so your mind is what appeals regardless of the brain of its current association......and your mind is not damaged evidently.

You have me pegged Bonita. I once led a VERY simple life, not easy but not cluttered.....hippie and yonderer, traveling by thumb to many places meeting many new friends and learning the complexities of my fellows and this mortal path. Then 20 years of vertical learning curve to become a professional practitioner of wealth management for working class folk in a small town with my wife. Now, again, simple...I live 3 blocks from our office and come home every day for lunch, nap, and a little TUB. I am busy with 3 daughters and aging parents. My clients, community, and family fill my life with all that I need to be content and available for that which arises for me to do, without hurry or anxiety. My wife is my best friend and fellow TUB believer and we laugh more than we do anything else. These are good days.

Bless you Sister and keep shining your light. Peace.
Peace be upon you."

#43 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:35 AM

You're a rich man fanofVan.

#44 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

I am richer now...thanks to you and all the sweet, wise, and learned souls I have met and learned from here. You have turned more than one of my paradigms inside out Bonita by your perspective and scholarship....especially the lessons on poverty/money and our personal ministry "obligation" (as opposed to a missionary or save the planet obligation). Your distillation processing is quite impressive and very helpful. I fear I am much less detail oriented than I should be. But then I live in love and follow the small still voice in confidence.....so I am a bit lazier than I should be regarding the vast details of our universe and adventure to come. But I am reinvigorated now to become more of a soldier in service to my fellows and for the force of love and mercy.
Peace be upon you."

#45 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

Wow! That's inspiring fanofVan. You know, it's remarkable how much there is to do when you're satisfied with the little things. So often, when you're looking for the big things to do, the ones with the universe ka-pow factor, you miss the little things right in front of you that just might be more important in the grand scheme of things.

Have you ever wondered about the life the sleeping subject led? He was so important, and a reservist too! yet no one knows anything about him, his line of work, how many kids he had, rich, poor, nothing about his personality, hobbies and interests, what he did on a daily basis. I'll bet you anything that he didn't wake up in the morning thinking he was going to save the world. He was just another regular joe happy to be living a regular life, and talk about ka-pow factor, huh? He didn't even realize it. Makes you think that maybe just helping the old lady in the supermarket get the can off the top shelf might be pretty darn spectacular after all. You just never know. We never hear about the really great people in this world probably because they don't know that they're great. I still think that a million little acts of love are much, much better than one really big one . . . unless, of course, you're Jesus and really are sent here to save the world.

#46 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

Yes, I have laughed out loud more than once when I hear others speculate as to who was and is a Reservist! For, as I recall, no one/mortal on planet would ever know....including the Reservists themselves. The ego is so easily basked in the legend we are in our own minds....which allows the predatory manipulation of those who would tell us how special we are for their benefit. Agree a million points of light are far greater in illumination than one million-watt bulb (wouldn't that be a bit blinding?). I fear that those most enamored by a single voice or personality are more easily led astray anyway....there simply are no shortcuts - no beliefs, ceremonies, or words that substitute for the work required of our hearts and minds and bodies. There is much work to do and the lazy will not help get it done...once past the milk and cookie moment. I believe the sleeping subject had a very balanced life and mind with little anxiety, fear, anger, etc. to clutter the mind with such obstacles. I am most amazed by his long time cooperation and, as I remember, his indifference? You said something earlier or quoted something about Jesus not waiting for or caring about any "results" manifestation as He Walked By. Such sublime confidence in God's Will and the power of His Love - a caring indiffernce in the moment due to a sublime assurance of end results. I still wonder if He found those who would later spring forth into warriors and saints of Christianity or were those He encountered so enlarged and inspired by Him that they transformed? So much to learn and do. Peace.
Peace be upon you."

#47 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

today I can say that really confirmed to myself that I walk the path of the Father.
things didn't go as I expected and I had one problem which ocured and first what cross my mind was: let your will be done. in the next moment it cross my mind that I need to call my friend, which I did. it also came to me how to solve my problem.my friend answered my call and proposed the same solution!
problem is solved and I'm oncemore speachless.
Jesus, don't stop being my light in this world of shadows.
Peace be upon you

#48 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

I believe it was Twain who said, "Nine out of ten of the worst things that ever happened to me....never did happen" - I just worried about them a lot! I think reasonable anxiety (perhaps that's an oxymoron?) comes when we are not clear in our own motive or know our emotional basis is flawed (anger, fear, resentment, greed, etc.) but when we can align our options and strategies in a self-forgetful and loving outreach method, somehow, the results are better than we thought possible!! I do not understand it and cannot explain it except the power of love and personal alignment with God's will is very powerful!!
Peace be upon you."

#49 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

48:7.21 Anxiety must be abandoned. The disappointments hardest to bear are those which never come.

Great quote huh?

#50 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:22 AM

As a dad and as a professional consultant, I work endlessly to manage others' expectations....for disappointment usually results from poor or inaccurate or nonexistant expectations. The outcome experienced was different than the outcome expected. Reason, experience, understanding possibilities and probabilities ALL reduce mismanaged expectations and anxieties and disappointments. Jesus had all that!! But the greatest opportunity lies in how we choose to respond to disappointments, challenges, changes, and even the tragedies of life. The immature mind tends to react rather than respond - sometimes hysterically or emotionally with great release of sorrow, sometimes seeking to defend or improve our personal advantage, sometimes with blame and lashing out and seeking fault and retribution.

More mature minds immediately explore the meanings or actual damage/loss/consequence within the change/challenge/disappointment to find the, usually, multiple response strategies and solution options that are ALWAYS present, to then plot next steps to improve the bucket of lemons we were just handed to overcome the disappointment which should be brief, small, and not so stressful. One who expects the unexpected and understands the fluidity of life is rarely "disappointed" but merely re-challenged to adapt and move forward to even greater opportunities to come. I have found that anxiety and disappointment and procrastination are close siblings and the speed/pace/density of our daily life feed these triplets and nurture them into a very busy and stressful life and a mind without peace or the ability to concentrate and problem solve - and rarely results in productivity or capacity or strength for the constant challenges and changes that are inevitable. This results in those with the most anxiety, stress, and disappointment also being the least able to manage or overcome their continuous stream of difficulties.....as shallow and preventable as they usually are. Life feels so very unfair when all you focus on is your own life and the wants we have and the "unfairness" of not getting what we "wanted". Be more careful what you wish for and be ready for the unexpected...it's coming - it's always coming - it's really a little silly to NOT expect the unexpected isn't it? I mean, it just keeps happening, over and over and over....
Peace be upon you."

#51 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:00 AM

You're so right, which reminds me of my most favorite quote of all time:

p291:3 26:5.3 That, then, is the primary or elementary course which confronts the faith-tested and much-traveled pilgrims of space. But long before reaching Havona, these ascendant children of time have learned to feast upon uncertainty, to fatten upon disappointment, to enthuse over apparent defeat, to invigorate in the presence of difficulties, to exhibit indomitable courage in the face of immensity, and to exercise unconquerable faith when confronted with the challenge of the inexplicable. Long since, the battle cry of these pilgrims became: "In liaison with God, nothing—absolutely nothing—is impossible."

And it's close cousin quote:

p438:2 39:5.9 In the more advanced planetary ages these seraphim enhance man's appreciation of the truth that uncertainty is the secret of contented continuity.

#52 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

Herein lies the power of those mind manipulators and deceivers who work to their own ends at others' expense. They sell easy and quick, they create and then offer relief from fear, they promise what cannot be delivered but is desired, or they offer themselves as surrogates endowed with the wisdom and power so the audience will give over their powers and faith to have that which the surrogate pretends to have. Modern man HAS the time, compared to agricultural/hunting/gathering man, to learn and grow and become. But we are just so busy and so distracted and so anxious and so materially self identified, and so aftaid of losing that little we have (and the more you have, the more fear you have...believe me, that's my business and it's a well documented psych behavior). Jesus always managed the flow and pace and allowed private and reflective time to stay "aligned and attuned" and quiet the noise of mankind's chaotic din. This explains, perhaps, why we tend to make the same errors of judgement in the same circles of choice....we're too unthinking and too impatient to analyze and adjust OUR responses and foolish enough to hope things will get better despite our inattention and avoidance proclivities. The decadence of prosperity is a curious challenge for mankind and its effect profound. God's will is apparently more important the more desperate we are rather than the more blessed we are....societally speaking, if not personally or exclusively. Managing our blessings begins with recognizing them and appreciating them and sharing them in love with others. May God's will be done to reduce our confusions and grow in prosperity and peace and harmony. Peace.
Peace be upon you."

#53 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

Sometimes we have to make the same mistakes over and over again in order to see a pattern of behavior in order to get tired of it. When we're tired of it, we might start looking for something else and perhaps break the bad habit. This same method works for living truth. We are told that we are asked to make repeated decisions in favor of truth in order for it to become a spiritual habit. No matter what, we will be making similar decisions over and over and over again. The learning curve is actually a spiral.

p1210:1 110:6.6 Every decision you make either impedes or facilitates the function of the Adjuster; likewise do these very decisions determine your advancement in the circles of human achievement. It is true that the supremacy of a decision, its crisis relationship, has a great deal to do with its circle-making influence; nevertheless, numbers of decisions, frequent repetitions, persistent repetitions, are also essential to the habit-forming certainty of such reactions.

One might wonder why this is. 'Cause we're basically just animals, lazy and fearful. Everyone knows that when you train animals, you have to repeat the lesson and remain consistent. But I still think my dog learns faster than I, probably because he loves me so much.

p1459:3 132:3.3 Man tends to crystallize science, formulate philosophy, and dogmatize truth because he is mentally lazy in adjusting to the progressive struggles of living, while he is also terribly afraid of the unknown. Natural man is slow to initiate changes in his habits of thinking and in his techniques of living.

#54 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:57 AM

You know what they say...."insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result". And....."what is not learned from history is repeated". I imagine this learning cycle is less insane on world's where leadership and upliftment succeed to reduce the effects of greed and materialism through the process of social prosperity from cooperation and altruism. But it is thrilling and compelling, if mysterious, to witness so much love by those who choose it despite all the animalistic priorities of their fellows and the lack of any material benefits from such compunction to seek God and serve mankind. Bless those with such determination and such rightness....who are not blessed with the knowledge we are.....may we be inspired to ACT in support of such living truth as we are witness to on this world. Peace.
Peace be upon you."

#55 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

Hi!

Continuing the topic "Doing the Will of God in your life" I found this point very enlightening.

Expansion is our will! :o

The Consecration of Choice

(1221.2) 111:5.1 The doing of the will of God is nothing more or less than an exhibition of creature willingness to share the inner life with God — with the very God who has made such a creature life of inner meaning-value possible. Sharing is Godlike — divine.God shares all with the Eternal Son and the Infinite Spirit, whilethey, in turn, share all things with the divine Sons and spirit Daughters of the universes.

(1221.3) 111:5.2 The imitation of God is the key to perfection;the doing of his will is the secret of survival and of perfectionin survival.

(1221.4) 111:5.3 Mortals live in God, and so God has willed tolive in mortals. As men trust themselves to him, so has he — and first — trusted a part of himself to be with men; has consented to live in men and to indwell men subject to the human will.

(1221.5) 111:5.4 Peace in this life, survival in death, perfectionin the next life, service in eternity — all these are achieved (in spirit) now when the creature personality consents — chooses — to subject the creature will to the Father’s will. And already has the Father chosen to make a fragment of himself subject to the will of the creature personality.

(1221.6) 111:5.5 Such a creature choice is not a surrender of will. It is a consecration of will, an expansion of will, a glorification of will, a perfecting of will; and such choosing raises the creature will from the level of temporal significance to that higher estate wherein the personality of the creature son communes with the personality of the spirit Father.

(1221.7) 111:5.6 This choosing of the Father’s will is the spiritual finding of the spirit Father by mortal man, even though an age must pass before the creature son may actually stand in the factual presence of God on Paradise. This choosing does not so much consist in the negation of creature will — “Not my will but yours be done” — as it consists in the creature’s positive affirmation: “It is my will that your will be done.” And if this choice is made, sooner or later will the God-choosing son find inner union (fusion) with the indwelling God fragment, while this same perfecting son will find supreme personality satisfaction in the worship communion of the personality of man and the personality of his Maker, two personalities whose creative attributes have eternally joined in self-willed mutuality of expression — the birth of another eternal partnership of the will of man and the will of God.

But then we have The Human Paradox and gets a bit complicated :)

(1221.8) 111:6.1 Many of the temporal troubles of mortal man grow out of his twofold relation to the cosmos...

Comments?

Love...

Alina

#56 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Soccer, Movies, Games,

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:43 AM

If there was one thing I learned from Judas it is when you desire to do good to others do not have high expectations of the results of what you are doing. Much of Judas disappointment came about as a result of him expecting to much in return.
If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#57 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:13 AM

I don't understand that which is predetermined and that which is random or choice-function - but Judas, as one of 12 personalities, certainly demonstrated a very trypical behavior - a life managed and destroyed by expectations and disappointments in those preconceived attachments to the outcome. So many of us are driven by OUR perspective of priorities and outcomes and measure every person, circumstance, and result by the measure we have created - having far more faith in ourselves than in God. This lack of patience, this belief in "uncertainty" (rather than confidence in God's absoluteness and inevitability) can warp the mind and inflate the ego beyond recognition. Ever been angry at God? Childish if common. We can make ourself more important than God if we cling to this long enough. Woe unto us then. Bitterness is the flavor of disappointment.

We must trust God in all things and seek the truth within every challenge. Well said Alina and Boom. Peace.
Peace be upon you."

#58 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

If there was one thing I learned from Judas it is when you desire to do good to others do not have high expectations of the results of what you are doing. Much of Judas disappointment came about as a result of him expecting to much in return.

There's a quote for that:

48:6.25 Even as mortals, so have these angels been father to many disappointments, and they will point out that sometimes your most disappointing disappointments have become your greatest blessings. Sometimes the planting of a seed necessitates its death, the death of your fondest hopes, before it can be reborn to bear the fruits of new life and new opportunity. And from them you will learn to suffer less through sorrow and disappointment, first, by making fewer personal plans concerning other personalities, and then, by accepting your lot when you have faithfully performed your duty.

#59 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

HI! :)

This is the Human Paradox. is the struggle between our two natures, and this prevents us from doing the will of the Father, until no unifiquen. but I think we should always remember that the attempt is worth, and that those intentions going forward, although we not realize .
According to UB. gradually free ourselves of some errors, mainly of arrogance (as opposed to true humility) and values ​​that we acquire may fail us, such as: courage. (not easy in practice)
Only in this way, I think, we approach to do the Father's Will.

(1221.8) 111:6.1 Many of the temporal troubles of mortal man grow out of his twofold relation to the cosmos. Man is a part of nature — he exists in nature — and yet he is able to transcend nature. Man is finite, but he is indwelt by a spark of infinity. Such a dual situation not only provides the potential for evil but also engenders many social and moral situations fraught with much uncertainty and not a little anxiety.

(1222.1) 111:6.2 The courage required to effect the conquest of nature and to transcend one’s self is a courage that might succumb to the temptations of self-pride. The mortal who can transcend self might yield to the temptation to deify his own self-consciousness. The mortal dilemma consists in the double fact that man is in bondage to nature while at the same time he possesses a unique liberty — freedom of spiritual choice and action. On material levels man finds himself subservient to nature, while on spiritual levels he is triumphant over nature and over all things temporal and finite. Such a paradox is inseparable from temptation, potential evil, decisional errors, and when self becomes proud and arrogant, sin may evolve.

(1222.2) 111:6.3 The problem of sin is not self-existent in the finite world. The fact of finiteness is not evil or sinful. The finite world was made by an infinite Creator — it is the handiwork of his divine Sons — and therefore it must be good. It is the misuse, distortion, and perversion of the finite that gives origin to evil and sin.

(1222.7) 111:6.8 It is only natural that mortal man should be harassed by feelings of insecurity as he views himself inextricably bound to nature while he possesses spiritual powers wholly transcendent to all things temporal and finite. Only religious confidence — living faith — can sustain man amid such difficult and perplexing problems.

(1223.1) 111:6.9 Of all the dangers which beset man’s mortal nature and jeopardize his spiritual integrity, pride is the greatest. Courage is valorous, but egotism is vainglorious and suicidal. Reasonable self-confidence is not to be deplored. Man’s ability to transcend himself is the one thing which distinguishes him from the animal kingdom.

(1223.2) 111:6.10 Pride is deceitful, intoxicating, and sin-breeding whether found in an individual, a group, a race, or a nation. It is literally true, “Pride goes before a fall.”

Greetings...

Alina

#60 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

I add one point that I forgot in my previous post and see what you think?

The paradox is that we can not move forward if we want to stay while at the same place, without making positive changes in our character.We can not make the Father's Will without taking off before more pronounced defects
(Actually to a greater or less degree, we all have defects, otherwise we would be perfect.and for this we have a ways to go :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users