I will leave you two alone.

#22 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

Majestone, I'm truly sorry to hear about your misfortune.

But let's get back to the question. Am I reading you right? Are you saying that preaching the word of God (proselytizing) is God's will?

I really can't argue with you since it very well may be what God asks of you, but you should be aware that not all are called to that kind of ministry. And thankfully so! There is enough work for every type of soul, including the sitting and sipping type.

Doing God's will, as you say, does not always mean actually doing something physical. There are many forms of doing and preaching is only one of them. I personally think teaching is better than preaching, but just being the best you can be is tops in my book.

I'm wondering, did you stop to think that maybe you should have given your shirt to the guy/gal who stole your wallet. You know, go the extra mile like Jesus said. Perhaps they really do need your wallet more than you. That would be some mighty fine ministry, wouldn't it? I don't know, I think that would have sent a brilliant message of God's goodness to that person, don't you? I'm not saying that to be mean, because I know a loss like the one you had really stings, I'm just being philosophical, trying to look at the whole thing from different point of view in terms of outreach, ministry, etc..

#23 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

What is will?

I think first we would have defined the word "will" and then talk about "The Will of God"
The human will can be used to good or evil, truth or error, depends to where we want
to orient.

I copy only a quote:

(1217.1) 111:1.6 Mind is the cosmic instrument on which the human will can play the discords of destruction, or upon which this same human will can bring forth the exquisite melodies of God identification and consequent eternal survival. The Adjuster bestowed upon man is, in the last analysis, impervious to evil and incapable of sin, but mortal mind can actually be twisted, distorted, and rendered evil and ugly by the sinful machinations of a perverse and self-seeking human will. Likewise can this mind be made noble, beautiful, true, and good — actually great — in accordance with the spirit-illuminated will of a God-knowing human being.

Alina

#24 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:10 AM

Brother Majestone - please forgive my tone, I hear your sincerity and feel your wish to bring the light and remove the darkness from others. A noble aspiration and endeavor. It is the will of God that each of us feel this compassion and act on it for the benefit of our fellows...it is love. As you embark on this mission of personal ministry I pray you will find how best to accomplish your work. Like Bonita, I have little regard for the priests and preachers I have known or read about who are masters of fear and punishment and manipulation and self agrandizement. Conversion seems to be the watchword. But on what basis? For fear is evil. But to make others fearful is a sin. And Jesus taught few "mortal" sins but one - the dimminshment or destruction of another's faith; and I would think using fear to do so even more sinful. Faith and love and faith IN love is God's will. The symbols, ceremonies, and words are, by our nature, incorrect - a simple function of ignorance or lack of information/knowledge. To be incorrect is but error. But if the error in facts brings faith and carries it forward into love experience, then the error is unimportant is it not? But enter those who are focused intently on correcting other's errors with their own, "superior", form of error with the use of fear to convert the faithful into the faithless. Less error at the cost of less faith is counterproductive. Universal Realities will be made more factual to believers by progression but progress BEGINS in faith and love....not facts or beliefs. There seems to me to be little to preach about....except to the devout who suffer, still, from intolerance, materialism, selfishness, and FEAR of suffering and damnation. Go in peace Brother and share your love and do God's will for you.
Peace be upon you."

#25 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

111:5.3 Mortals live in God, and so God has willed to live in mortals. As men trust themselves to him, so has he - and first - trusted a part of himself to be with men; has consented to live in men and to indwell men subject to the human will.

Isn't this magnificent . . . subject to the human will! What trust! It's a beautiful yet confounding thing considering the titanic immaturity of the human will. Breathtaking, really.

Edited by Bonita, 06 May 2012 - 12:12 PM.

#26 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

I'm not a poet, so God didn't want me to writte poems.
I'm not a man of lot of words, so God didn't want me to preach.
I cant draw good, so God didn't want me to be an artist.
But God gave me a big heart, so I can do his will and walk on this planet with a purpose.
Purpose for my sisters and brothers and purpose for my soul.

peace be with you all
and good night
Peace be upon you

#27 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

Who says you're not a poet??!! Your words drip truth and their aroma is like honeysuckle. Your light shines and I can find no shadow to confuse or distract from your luminosity. Peace to you Brother.
Peace be upon you."

#28 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

Who says you're not a poet??!! Your words drip truth and their aroma is like honeysuckle. Your light shines and I can find no shadow to confuse or distract from your luminosity. Peace to you Brother.

hi fanofVan,

I am realy not a poet.
This thread just blinked in my mind during meditation and with strange urge to post it here.

peace be with you
Peace be upon you

#29 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hi all!

(68.4)"...the spiritual experience (having realized God) demands that man find him and sincerely strive to be like him.I will try to be like more and more to the Father?"

Therefore we must first have "the purpose" How will having this laudable goal?:

(1295.2) 118:1.2 The personality of the mortal creature may eternalize by self-identification with the indwelling spirit through the technique of choosing to do the will of the Father. Such a consecration of will is tantamount to the realization of eternity-reality of purpose. This means that the purpose of the creature has become fixed with regard to the succession of moments; stated otherwise, that the succession of moments will witness no change in creature purpose.

Also there are limits between the Creator's will and the will of the creature, However this does not mean that we have taken liberty, but wisely this has been restricted temporarily of our immaturity. I think in reality that we already have enough to achieve the early stages,Then come other.

(1300.5) 118:7.1 The function of Creator will and creature will, in the grand universe, operates within the limits, and in accordance with the possibilities, established by the Master Architects. This foreordination of these maximum limits does not, however in the least abridge the sovereignty of creature will within these boundaries. Neither does ultimate foreknowledge — full allowance for all finite choice — constitute an abrogation of finite volition. A mature and farseeing human being might be able to forecast the decision of some younger associate most accurately, but this foreknowledge takes nothing away from the freedom and genuineness of the decision itself. The Gods have wisely limited the range of the action of immature will, but it is true will, nonetheless, within these defined limits.

The wisdom is great and this process is updated in accordance with our choices. the higher we rise more freedom we get to do the Will of the Father (seem).
Analogously, it is as earthly parents give their children freedom as they grow,
Gradually ... until they realize about their maturity and then they give you new attributes.
But they not should believed that already are Great people! because the progression continues.
We still have the logical limitations but we still have our will, our guide for making decisions that allow us to move forward.
So, it's like a new beginning, but from a different position, with more freedom but also much so responsibility.

(1300.3) 118:6.7 Volition, the act of choosing, must function within the universe frame which has actualized in response to higher and prior choosing. The entire range of human will is strictly finite-limited except in one particular: When man chooses to find God and to be like him, such a choice is superfinite; only eternity can disclose whether this choice is also superabsonite.

(1300.4) 118:6.8 To recognize Deity omnipotence is to enjoy security in your experience of cosmic citizenship, to possess assurance of safety in the long journey to Paradise. But to accept the fallacy of omnificence is to embrace the colossal error of pantheism.

Greetings to all!

Alina

Edited by Alina, 09 May 2012 - 10:46 AM.

#30 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

Alina - excellent post and text! God's will must be chosen by each....and not determined nor enforced by any others. This goes to the heart of the topic. For so many for so long have believed that THEY know God's will...at least for others. American politics and religions are beleagured or plagued by this belief that people need rules, taboos, social isolation, and even criminality applied to "protect" people from themselves....by eliminating choices or the right to make choices (yes, even in the Land of Liberty!). Now there are foolish choices and stupid choices and selfish choices and self destructive choices. But elimination of choice does not elevate those making the choices. And those who would make choices for others do not begin to understand free will. It is the CONSEQUENCES of our choices that guide us to better ones. The forbidden fruit is always the sweetest regardless of their sometimes poisenous results.

"....earthly parents give their children freedom as they grow..." is an excellent point. However, unlike our Heavenly Father, earthly parents too often protect their children from the consequences that result from this freedom. This is done from love but is very unwise and counter productive and leads to spoiled and selfish or self indulgent and shallow choosers/free-willers to come. But there are resultant responses or consequences to every choice made by free will. We are each made better and enlarged by our free will or we are dimminished and suffer (sometimes materially but inherently and inevitably PERSONALLY). We either grow or shrink by each choice with this freedom to choose. For me, any who feel qualified to tell others what to think, feel, believe, or do are, BY DEFINITION, wrong....even if they may be correct time to time. For it is not for any mortal to define right and wrong for another mortal or to judge the motivation and intent (heart) of any other mortal regarding their individual spiritualization process.

The collective "we" certainly have the right to determine criminal acts and punishments for acts which bring physical danger to others or harm the group collectively but the morality police in politics and churches today wish to go way beyond this....they wish to criminialize all manner of liberties to protect us from ourselves with a moral piety and narrow mindeness that is dangerous and contrary to God's gift to all....free will. I am saddened too by all the bad choices and horrific consequences they bring....but who am I to determine anything for any others? Indeed, who among us is wise enough to do so and yet so foolish as to act against God's will, which is free will to choose Him and His better Way. The perfecting progression is the most sacred reality for ascenders....and it requires free will....as ugly as that process may be for us mere mortals. Peace....
Peace be upon you."

#31 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

The will of God abroad in the universes is the Thought Adjuster. (1:3.6) Anyone wanting to do God's will should be concerned with personality attunement to the Adjuster, and this can be accomplished only through love. God's will is simply living love. (3:6.2) One should never forget that the soul is the result of the union of human will with the will of God. (94:3.7) Only love can produce such a union.

I find it best to concentrate on living love, which can be accomplished by making life a living prayer of communion with Love himself.

#32 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:15 PM

Hi all!

FanofVan, I do not know why you look familiar mmm? Perhaps you have thoughts like someone I know. :)

False liberty exists everywhere, but there are also persons looking for the Ideal of this
prerogative, as they say the quotes I copied, At this point I was referring to the Creator-creature
relationship. (Of course, everything is in life)
How do you evolve the human will to connect with so sublime spiritual relationship? like
the material, certainly not, in my opinion and according to UB. this happens through other channels.
Of couse the Thought Adjuster is the pilot, but we have free will to accept or reject.

Because:

In the mortal life, paths of differential conduct are continually opening and closing, and during the times when choice is possible the human personality is constantly deciding between these many courses of action. Temporal volition is linked to time, and it must await the passing of time to find opportunity for expression. Spiritual volition has begun to taste liberation from the fetters of time, having achieved partial escape from time sequence, and that is because spiritual volition is self-identifying with the will of God.(1300.2)

Alina

#33 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

I am reminded of an old Beatles song refrain...."The love you get is equal to the love you give/make." Love cannot be acquired, held, stored, or hoarded - it must be given and given freely without obligations or expectations of personal reward but given for its own sake. Love is the only "thing" which has an endlessly growing supply - the more it is given, the more there is to give. It is also the only "thing" that both giver and getter are rewarded equally - the giver of love never has less love to give but more love to give. The one receiving love is then blessed by that love in the giving away of that which was received to others.

There is an economic principal that is illustrative: it is not the amount of money within an economy that determines prosperity and growth - it is the FLOW of money or the spending "rate" of currency which drives all economies. The $100 I spend today is spent again and again and again, over and over, endlessly "blessing" a concentric ripple of prosperity spending by many others. Only money in motion DOES anything while money-not-in-motion does nothing. The difference between the currency of money and the currency of love (is current the root of currency?) is money is limited while love is limitless.

God's will is truly simple.....SPEND YOUR LOVE WHICH I HAVE GIVEN YOU....and He will give us more to SPEND.....as much as we want, as much as we can SPEND, He will provide, without limit or end.

The Dali Lhama has predicted that our planet is approaching a point of collective critical mass where the current (currency) of love will overwhelm the currencies of fear and greed and materialism from which we all suffer. He also teaches that Urantia is "quivering on the brink" and that it is LOVE for one another and only love that can "deliver us from evil" and take us to our destiny. If love were dollars, we should spend it like we were multi-billionaires....for indeed we are rich!! Those rich in love need to spend it on those less fortunate and encourage them to spend it too! Peace.
Peace be upon you."

#34 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

If true goodness is unconscious, then worthwhile spending of spiritual currency is also unconscious. I honestly don't think that it is possible to plan love, but it is possible to provide the appropriate environment for the growth of love. Love grows. Jesus once told a parable about this very thing:

151:3.15 Before he dismissed the group for the night, Jesus said: "Now will I tell you the last of the parable of the sower. I would test you to know how you will receive this: The kingdom of heaven is also like a man who cast good seed upon the earth; and while he slept by night and went about his business by day, the seed sprang up and grew, and although he knew not how it came about, the plant came to fruit. First there was the blade, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear. And then when the grain was ripe, he put forth the sickle, and the harvest was finished. He who has an ear to hear, let him hear."

#35 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:23 AM

Here's the complementary quote to the above parable:

100:3.7 Man cannot cause growth, but he can supply favorable conditions. Growth is always unconscious, be it physical, intellectual, or spiritual. Love thus grows; it cannot be created, manufactured, or purchased; it must grow.

#36 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:50 AM

It would appear so fanofVan:

• (n.) Current value; general estimation; the rate at which anything is generally valued.
  • (n.) That which is in circulation, or is given and taken as having or representing value; as, the currency of a country; a specie currency; esp., government or bank notes circulating as a substitute for metallic money.
  • (n.) Fluency; readiness of utterance.
  • (n.) A continued or uninterrupted course or flow like that of a stream; as, the currency of time.
  • (n.) The state or quality of being current; general acceptance or reception; a passing from person to person, or from hand to hand; circulation; as, a report has had a long or general currency; the currency of bank notes.
Source: http://thinkexist.co...aning/currency/

#37 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

I think this point made in Paper 100 is imperative, that only genuine and unselfish love is truly contagious, and sincere love must also be intelligent and wise. Reckless spending in the name of love is often nothing more than the outgrowth of emotional moralism. One of the most brilliant statements in TUB is: "God is love, but love is not God." About love, Jesus once said: "Love is the outworking of the divine and inner urge of life. It is founded on understanding, nurtured by unselfish service, and perfected in wisdom." (p1898:5 174:1.5)

How does a wise man spend his spiritual currency? By attuning his personality to the Adjuster, by conforming to the Adjuster's mind. Love is the outworking of this inner urge; without it, there is no spiritual currency to spend. Love is a partnership. Without the Adjuster, it really isn't love at all, it's just an emotional state we commonly call love. And, without morontia intellect, how can understanding and unselfish service ever be perfected in wisdom?

p1205:03 You as a personal creature have mind and will. The Adjuster as a prepersonal creature has premind and prewill. If you so fully conform to the Adjuster's mind that you see eye to eye, then your minds become one, and you receive the reinforcement of the Adjuster's mind. Subsequently, if your will orders and enforces the execution of the decisions of this new or combined mind, the Adjuster's prepersonal will attains to personality expression through your decision, and as far as that particular project is concerned, you and the Adjuster are one. Your mind has attained to divinity attunement, and the Adjuster's will has achieved personality expression.
To the extent that this identity is realized, you are mentally approaching the morontia order of existence. Morontia mind is a term signifying the substance and sum total of the co-operating minds of diversely material and spiritual natures. Morontia intellect, therefore, connotes a dual mind in the local universe dominated by one will. And with mortals this is a will, human in origin, which is becoming divine through man's identification of the human mind with the mindedness of God.

#38 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:09 AM

Thanks Bonita - I've always known that Jesus did not "attend" each soul encountered in the same way and that was fascinating and challenging to apply personalized love and service but the far more difficult question for me is "how" did He know WHO to minister to at all?....or most interestingly who NOT to? For if the Lord ministered to every person or every person the same way, He never would have made it out of town (so to speak). His mind and wisdom either led Him where He should/would be or they discerned and filtered and selected those He ministered to. I am studying the Trip to Rome and the seeds planted became the pillars of The Church. Did Jesus "find" those of such strength and spiritualization or did He affect those He met arbitrarily so strongly that they morphed into their own potential with more power? Or both? Jesus never withheld love but He did focus it selectively or so it would appear.
Peace be upon you."

#39 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:50 AM

Well, isn't that the secret of socializing the personality? Jesus did this "as he passed by". In other words, he rarely sought people out, they came to him, or by him, or near him, looking for something. He was always open to those who were seeking. He was not the seeker, he didn't approach people with the idea of pushing his agenda on them. What Jesus did is easy to do if you don't approach life with an agenda, a predetermined plan of action concerning the spiritual life. All you need is sincerity and opportunities abound continuously without the need to go about specifically looking for them. Really, it's very simple. It only gets complicated if you have the opinion that you've been chosen or have a special duty to go about changing the world. The gospel is simple; it's friendship with God. All you have to do is be friendly. It's so easy, a caveman can do it.

171:7.5-6 Jesus was never in a hurry. He had time to comfort his fellow men "as he passed by." And he always made his friends feel at ease. He was a charming listener. He never engaged in the meddlesome probing of the souls of his associates. As he comforted hungry minds and ministered to thirsty souls, the recipients of his mercy did not so much feel that they were confessing to him as that they were conferring with him. They had unbounded confidence in him because they saw he had so much faith in them. He never seemed to be curious about people, and he never manifested a desire to direct, manage, or follow them up. He inspired profound self-confidence and robust courage in all who enjoyed his association. When he smiled on a man, that mortal experienced increased capacity for solving his manifold problems.

#40 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

Thanks Bonita....this will take time for this caveman to consider, despite its "simplicity". I love your mind, it is far more nimble and far better educated while far less "cluttered" with misconceptions than mine. Despite my efforts to be free of prior attachments, I keep bumping into them. So, the circuits of love, mind, personality, etc., take us to where we are to be or, where we are becomes where we are to be by our being there. We have no obligation then to "seek" where we "should" be or wonder "what" we should do. As my guru taught, Be Here Now....and everything will be as it should be and as it is intended to BE. I do strive for this and do far more of it than when I felt so compelled to become and do to "change" those around me and the world itself. It works for me and for those "attracted" to me. I do minister as I walk by, mostly in little ways, sometimes in bigger ways but mostly in ways I have no clue about....and am learning not to care or attach myself further to any results. My wife says I have a typical male need to understand and fix and solve that which is none of my business (I also have a perverse "need" to be "right") and I need to learn to give more over, in faith, to God and His Way. I am learning and my wife often tells me how weird it is that total strangers open up and relax and laugh and share and approach me easily and frequently no matter where we are or what we are doing. The Master's words and deeds and demeanor and faith, as portrayed in TUB, remains the most thrilling and inspiring model for me (and all seekers/believers). Thank you Bonita for your masterful portrayal of truth, beauty, and goodness....you are a blessing, a mentor, and role model for modern faith children. Peace.
Peace be upon you."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users