Gods Will Jesus Christ

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Majestone_*

Guest_Majestone_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:16 AM

Doing The Will Of God In Your Life:

Since I was a pre-teen I was always wondering what is the will of God?

After searching all my life and now knowing the Urantia Book I have discovered two very important things:

First: Doing the will of God is nothing more nor less than sharing your life with God

Second: Serve your fellow man. (Be of service to mankind) To the degree you serve other people is the measure of maturity and the gauge of testing if you are actually doing our Father's will. (Look to the teachings, the many exhortations of Christ, to find out what to do to follow God- to do the Father's will. If you follow Christ you are doing God's will - gauranteed!!)

P.S. If you are concerned about if you are doing God’s will then this is proof that you are actually doing God’s will in a measure. To seek God’s will in everyday life try just reaching out to one soul per day. Tell one person that God loves them . And if they would believe that God has given them eternal life through faith then they shall inherit the kingdom of heaven.

#2 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

To seek God's will in everyday life means consecrating one's whole life, heart, mind, body and soul to God whenever and whatever you find yourself doing. You don't have to go out of your way and search for things to do or say in order to prove to yourself or others that you're following God's will. If you think you need to prove that you're doing God's will by telling other people about God, chances are you're not doing God's will. Remember Jesus' teaching: The extent to which you have to go with your message to the people is, in a way, the measure of your failure to live the whole or righteous life, the truth-co-ordinated life .

#3 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

Majestone beautiful theme!
Thanks!

We must do something as you rightly say. "Doing the Will of God" is trying to be like increasingly him. Our Father in Heaven.

(68.4) 5:5.1... Man’s physical environmententails the battle for existence; the social surroundings necessitate ethical adjustments;the moral situations require the making of choices in the highest realms of reason; the spiritual experience (having realized God) demands that man find him and sincerely strive to be like him.

Let's not forget God the Supreme , He needs to evolve through our because:

(1260.1) 115:0.1 WITH God the Father, sonship is the great relationship. With God the Supreme, achievement is the prerequisite to status one must do something as well as be something.

LOVE All.

Alina

Edited by Alina, 04 May 2012 - 12:02 PM.

#4 Guest_Majestone_*

Guest_Majestone_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

Thank you Alina!!

I agree Bonita, I am not implying anyone to try and prove to anyone that they are doing the will of God.

However, as a student of UBIS and also in my daily associations, I have encountered people who are wondering what it means to "Do the will of God".

Sure, someone of your age and experience may already know what that means.
But, we should not be unmindful of those who are searching, as a new truth-seeker, what it means to do the will of our Father.

"But, To love is the first requirement. To love God and your brethren I ask of you first.
Then you must learn to serve your brethren. To actually do for them what God would have you do.
If you would be great in the kingdom, you must serve your brethren. (You must go beyond the call of duty).
Can you be unique, original, inventive and even imaginative?
Can you find ways to help your fellow man in ways that are custom-designed to fit their particular needs?
In all this you will be doing the Will Of God."

So then, we must not indulge in resolutions, we must act.

TUB says: "The weak indulge in resolutions but, the strong act."

Edited by Majestone, 04 May 2012 - 01:03 PM.

#5 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

p317:01 And the manifestation of greatness on a world like Urantia is the exhibition of self-control. The great man is not he who "takes a city" or "overthrows a nation," but rather "he who subdues his own tongue."

You don't have to be unique, original, inventive or imaginative to do this! Sometimes, the best thing you can do for a person is nothing.

Serving can be done by the least unique, original, inventive and imaginative person on earth. (Remember the twins?) God's will doesn't require any of that, if so it would leave out most of the population. Not even all the apostles were capable of these things. Simplicity and purity of desire is all that is required. God does not ask for olympic style service; if that were so, few of us would be able to comply.

Don't forget that service is determined by trustworthiness. Allow God to decide what you can be trusted with, there's no need for anyone to imagine or invent what they should be doing as service. Prove your trustworthiness by accomplishing well the simple tasks set before you every day. True service, goodness, is unconscious and not conjured up, invented or imagined. If real, it must flow from the soul with complete disinterest in the material self. This is what holiness is all about, a spontaneous outflowing of love passing from God within the soul to others. How can you possibly do anything good on your own? It's just not possible. How can you be spontaneously loving if you're busy being inventive? Best to develop a prayerful life of loving service in the simplest fashion, prove yourself trustworthy of the little things in life first and let God do his own work.

192.2.13 Never forget that, when you are a faith son of God, all upright work of the realm is sacred. Nothing which a son of God does can be common. Do your work, therefore, from this time on, as for God. And when you are through on this world, I have other and better worlds where you shall likewise work for me. And in all of this work, on this world and on other worlds, I will work with you, and my spirit shall dwell within you.

p1732:4 155:6.11 All things are sacred in the lives of those who are spirit led; that is, subordinated to truth, ennobled by love, dominated by mercy, and restrained by fairness— justice.

#6 Guest_Majestone_*

Guest_Majestone_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:47 AM

I will just leave you alone

#7 Guest_Majestone_*

Guest_Majestone_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

Something to think about...

When the Thought Adjuster needs to speak to you........He does not use the internet

When the Spirit of Truth guides you personally...............He does not use the internet

When the Holy Spirit ministers to you...............................She does not use the internet

When the Angel(s) carries you...........................................He does not use the internet

#8 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

"But, To love is the first requirement. To love God and your brethren I ask of you first.
Then you must learn to serve your brethren. To actually do for them what God would have you do.
If you would be great in the kingdom, you must serve your brethren. (You must go beyond the call of duty).
Can you be unique, original, inventive and even imaginative?
Can you find ways to help your fellow man in ways that are custom-designed to fit their particular needs?
In all this you will be doing the Will Of God."

Just curious, Majestone, about the statements in quotes. Whom are you referencing?

Many thanks!

#9 Guest_Majestone_*

Guest_Majestone_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

My sister,

I quoted myself.

#10 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:28 AM

Oh. I thought it was someone else. I went back to try to find whom you were quoting, but couldn't find anything.

I think doing the will of God pertains to how we treat each other. :)

All the best,
Meredith

#11 Guest_Majestone_*

Guest_Majestone_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

Yes Meredith,

I find today when we engage in conversation -people have a pre-conceptual idea of the actual delivery.

Especially the younger generation (who are unconsciously thinking you have to be picture-perfect),
they think you should portray yourself as the one in the video they been watching (the guy or girl with make-up on).

It is such a material world these days, you know- "Fashion & Flesh", it makes it difficult to reach this younger generation -
(Especially if your not wearing the right clothes or hair style-maybe they like tattoos also).

What happened to the days when we could just go out in the neighborhood and start a conversation without
all the pre-judging mindset?

But, even with all of this, I find I can reach some people who are still "down to earth".

#12 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

The thing to remember is that God's will is individualized for each one of us, which takes into account where we are and who we are, not only here on earth, but in the grander scheme of universe family affairs. All that is required of us is the willingness to say, "I will that your will be done". It's really not possible to do that if you insist on being the director of the show, dreaming up little schemes of your own and then labeling them as service.

That's not to say that genuine feelings of love and a desire to do something for someone can't suddenly rise up within a person, but these usually come as gentle inner nudgings from the Adjuster. They don't have to be imagined or invented. They're either there, or not there, as fruit of a well-watered soul. There is a big difference between what is propagated by the intellect and what is growing naturally in the soul.

p1745:02 And when the feelings of service for your fellow men arise within your soul, do not stifle them; when the emotions of love for your neighbor well up within your heart, give expression to such urges of affection in intelligent ministry to the real needs of your fellows.

#13 Guest_Majestone_*

Guest_Majestone_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

To each their own..........

If I am not appreciated by my fellow man, at least I know that my Father loves me for who I am

#14 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

Jesus said that the amount of "reaching out" you have to do is a measure of your FAILURE to live a righteous life. If you're doing God's will, no "reaching out" is necessary. They come to you.

The extent to which you have to go with your message to the people is, in a way, the measure of your failure to live the whole or righteous life, the truth-co-ordinated life .

#15 Guest_Majestone_*

Guest_Majestone_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

Oh Please, Bonita!!

You are sitting there waiting for them to COME TO YOU?

I can see the extension of your OUT reach.

It sounds like it is non existent !!

#16 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

I take Jesus' words very seriously. No one wants to be a failure. Are you saying that Jesus' words are untrue?

#17 Guest_Majestone_*

Guest_Majestone_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:17 PM

If you sit in your house and call that "out reach" I got news for you....

#18 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

Well, since I last posted, a friend called me on the phone and asked me for some help. She called me, I didn't call her. Just got back from doing some errands for her. Tonight a few of us will go over and bring her dinner, wine and birthday cake, a little surprise because she thinks we're coming over to feed her 9 cats and scoop the litter. You see, she mangled her foot in a car accident last week. She knows she can call me any time. Tomorrow I'm singing in a benefit concert for a children's center. They asked me, I didn't ask them. So yes, I can sit in my house and reach out to people day and night. Just this morning I helped my sister, who is 3,000 miles away, understand my mother's medical condition so she can take better care of her. She was in the dark about several things which are potentially life-threatening. She was quite grateful and I never had to leave my comfy chair to do that. Last week a neighbor banged on my door breathless, she had locked herself out of the house accidentally with the stove on, full burner, heating a can of corn. I got the police and fire department there just as her house was filling with smoke. Never had to leave the house for that one either, but I did go over and help her clean up and then invited her to dinner. Actually, we shared a bottle of wine too because her nerves were shot.

Jesus' teaching doesn't say anything about being in or out of your house as a requirement to doing God's will. His teaching is about living a righteous life which makes a person spiritually fragrant. That can be done wherever you are. It is one's spiritual fragrance that draws people to you, in your house or outside of it. It's your aura of friendliness and kindness that makes people want to get to know you and also makes them feel comfortable asking for help or sharing themselves with you.

I'm curious. What exactly do you mean by outreach? Are you talking about saving souls by proselytizing? I sure hope you know that proselytizing and God's will are not synonymous. Friendliness goes a lot further than proselytizing any day.

#19 Guest_Majestone_*

Guest_Majestone_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

Bonita,

I would like to sit and sip.

But, some of us don't have that luxury.

I live in a big city and crime is every where, And being just robbed of everything I have to pay for this month,
I still stand by my words of adapting the teachings of Christ (2000 years ago) to fit in with the NOW generation.

I am 49 years old, so I am old school, but I can still adapt to today's need for ministry.

The people of today still need to hear the word of God,
but don't try to quote them the bible or the Urantia Book,
just tell them (in) your own words.

#20 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

No one, including those who grace this site, deserves sanctimonious judgement nor does such piety advance truth, beauty, goodness, or love. For one who feels their superiority makes them an authority or source for loving ministry is mysterious to me....and contrary to every page in TUB, especially the example given by The Master. Perhaps friend you were hit on the head while recently mugged and robbed? Surely there is some reason for you to lash out at those who mean no harm by their/our disagreements over the many lessons and complexities presented by TUB. Perhaps this is a curious preface or setup for a demonstration of "Doing The Will of God In Your Life"? Hope you're feeling better soon and find your center for anger and insults are not you're usual style at all. I am perplexed. No one here needs defending, but Bonita? She is without guile or agenda but her wit is as sharp as a buzz saw....you might want to back up a step or two. :o
Peace be upon you."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users