Photo

VIRGIN BIRTH SAGA

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_As-Above-So-Below_*

Guest_As-Above-So-Below_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

If "Paradise is the original pattern", and without time, then its upper and lower plains are rotating in different directions in order to circumvent their aspect of time management. If time in the upper and lower plain is constant as to its periphery then by their directional opposite movements with paradise as a constant, communication between the plains are halved. If the shape of these plains are somewhat oblong as described in the UB, the communication factor is decreased again depending on the origination and ending points. Thereby creating a fold in the time space continuum.

#42 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

The words "personalit(*)" are listed 2120 times in the UB and the word "pattern" 112 times. Therefore "personalit(*) must have a variable meaning in that if it is a specific pattern, how or what does it have to do with the individual.

I've often suspected that people don't read the quotes I supply. I know that it adds to the work of plowing through my posts, so allow me to repeat:

p10:4 0:6.12 In contrast to the aspect of the total, pattern discloses the individual aspect of energy and of personality. Personality or identity forms are patterns resultant from energy (physical, spiritual, or mindal) but are not inherent therein.

If no personality exists except the Father, then how could we have our own unique individual personality? The answer is pattern. Pattern discloses the individual aspect of personality, our own uniquely special aspect of the whole.

Based on the various phrasings listed, would a adjuster have a specific or unique personality and if so, to what extent is their adjustment of an individual and fit within a personality pattern?

Adjusters do not have personality. Adjusters are prepersonal; they are not personalities. They are destined to become part of a personality.

0:5.9 3. Spirit. The divine spirit that indwells the mind of man — the Thought Adjuster. This immortal spirit is prepersonalnot a personality, though destined to become a part of the personality of the surviving mortal creature.

The Adjuster doesn't adjust the personality, he adjusts the mind, hence they're called Thought Adjusters. The Thought Adjuster brings with him a model career, an ideal of life, for the one he indwells, and he goes about his work in the mind arena in order to effect it. But an Adjuster cannot change a personality, he can only guide the transformation of the character of the personality in the evolution of a soul.

110:2.1 When Thought Adjusters indwell human minds, they bring with them the model careers, the ideal lives, as determined and foreordained by themselves and the Personalized Adjusters of Divinington, which have been certified by the Personalized Adjuster of Urantia. Thus they begin work with a definite and predetermined plan for the intellectual and spiritual development of their human subjects, but it is not incumbent upon any human being to accept this plan. You are all subjects of predestination, but it is not foreordained that you must accept this divine predestination; you are at full liberty to reject any part or all of the Thought Adjusters’ program. It is their mission to effect such mind changes and to make such spiritual adjustments as you may willingly and intelligently authorize, to the end that they may gain more influence over the personality directionization; but under no circumstances do these divine Monitors ever take advantage of you or in any way arbitrarily influence you in your choices and decisions. The Adjusters respect your sovereignty of personality; they are always subservient to your will.

If the Father or God is the only personality, how does pattern play in the fragmentation of this totality of a single personality? If everyone were to be adjusted to this one personality there would only be one again.

Not exactly. When everyone has their mind adjusted and personality attuned to perfection as the result of experience, then we have God the Supreme. God the Supreme requires that every personality play his/her own unique and individual role by having a life experience. (p
1283:04)

It would make more sense to say that everyone lives within one total entity which cannot function properly until all of its parts are linked in such a way or pattern where there are no short circuits within the path from alpha to omega (beginning to end). Therefore, over time and space, The Father has become chaotically fragmented to such a degree that he can not connect to everyone, ergo the need for an adjuster. All these adjustments within the circuit cause everything to slow down to the point that the beginning can not catch up with the end.

The Father is not chaotically fragmented and he is not catching up with himself. The Father is existential. It is his through his experiential universe, the evolution of the Supreme, that he is finding personality self-realization and enlarging experiential sovereignty. Each individual personality plays a role in that evolution.

117:4.2 Throughout the grand universe the Supreme struggles for expression. His divine evolution is in measure predicated on the wisdom-action of every personality in existence. When a human being chooses eternal survival, he is cocreating destiny; and in the life of this ascending mortal the finite God finds an increased measure of personality self-realization and an enlargement of experiential sovereignty. But if a creature rejects the eternal career, that part of the Supreme which was dependent on this creature’s choice experiences inescapable delay, a deprivation which must be compensated by substitutional or collateral experience; as for the personality of the nonsurvivor, it is absorbed into the oversoul of creation, becoming a part of the Deity of the Supreme.

And it is true that the parts will not be able to experience the whole until every single personality in existence simultaneously does so.

117.6.16 God the Father can be found by any individual who has attained the divine level of Godlikeness, but God the Supreme will never be personally discovered by any one creature until that far-distant time when, through the universal attainment of perfection, all creatures will simultaneously find him.

117.6.21 But no single ascender will ever find the Supreme until all ascenders have reached that maximum universe maturity which qualifies them simultaneously to participate in this discovery.

#43 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Soccer, Movies, Games,

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

I've often suspected that people don't read the quotes I supply.

Haha I read what you said and it makes alot of sense to me, at first I was a little confused about this but I am starting to see how it all fits together. I wonder is the Supreme Gods attempt to experience the fullness of finite reality?

Edited by boomshuka, 26 March 2012 - 05:28 PM.

If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#44 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

I like the way Jesus explained the Supreme, which pretty much sums it up perfectly:

p1434:01 130:4.2 The source of universe reality is the Infinite. The material things of finite creation are the time-space repercussions of the Paradise Pattern and the Universal Mind of the eternal God. Causation in the physical world, self-consciousness in the intellectual world, and progressing selfhood in the spirit world—these realities, projected on a universal scale, combined in eternal relatedness, and experienced with perfection of quality and divinity of value—constitute the reality of the Supreme. But in an ever-changing universe the Original Personality of causation, intelligence, and spirit experience is changeless, absolute. All things, even in an eternal universe of limitless values and divine qualities, may, and oftentimes do, change except the Absolutes and that which has attained the physical status, intellectual embrace, or spiritual identity which is absolute.

Edited by Bonita, 26 March 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#45 Guest_As-Above-So-Below_*

Guest_As-Above-So-Below_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

(3.16) 0:2.3 1. Prepersonal — as in the ministry of the Father fragments, such as the Thought Adjusters.

(17.2) 0:12.13 We are fully cognizant of the difficulties of our assignment; we recognize the impossibility of fully translating the language of the concepts of divinity and eternity into the symbols of the language of the finite concepts of the mortal mind. But we know that there dwells within the human mind a fragment of God, and that there sojourns with the human soul the Spirit of Truth; and we further know that these spirit forces conspire to enable material man to grasp the reality of spiritual values and to comprehend the philosophy of universe meanings. But even more certainly we know that these spirits of the Divine Presence are able to assist man in the spiritual appropriation of all truth contributory to the enhancement of the ever-progressing reality of personal religious experience — God-consciousness.

(24.8) 1:2.10 As a physical controller in the material universe of universes, the First Source and Center functions in the patterns of the eternal Isle of Paradise, and through this absolute gravity center the eternal God exercises cosmic overcontrol of the physical level equally in the central universe and throughout the universe of universes. As mind, God functions in the Deity of the Infinite Spirit; as spirit, God is manifest in the person of the Eternal Son and in the persons of the divine children of the Eternal Son. This interrelation of the First Source and Center with the co-ordinate Persons and Absolutes of Paradise does not in the least preclude the direct personal action of the Universal Father throughout all creation and on all levels thereof. Through the presence of his fragmentized spirit the Creator Father maintains immediate contact with his creature children and his created universes.

(25.6) 1:3.6 In the universes God the Father is, in potential, the overcontroller of matter, mind, and spirit. Only by means of his far-flung personality circuit does God deal directly with the personalities of his vast creation of will creatures, but he is contactable (outside of Paradise) only in the presences of his fragmented entities, the will of God abroad in the universes. This Paradise spirit that indwells the minds of the mortals of time and there fosters the evolution of the immortal soul of the surviving creature is of the nature and divinity of the Universal Father. But the minds of such evolutionary creatures originate in the local universes and must gain divine perfection by achieving those experiential transformations of spiritual attainment which are the inevitable result of a creature’s choosing to do the will of the Father in heaven.

(35.4) 2:1.11 Divinity and eternity the Father shares with large numbers of the higher Paradise beings, but we question whether infinity and consequent universal primacy is fully shared with any save his co-ordinate associates of the Paradise Trinity. Infinity of personality must, perforce, embrace all finitude of personality; hence the truth — literal truth — of the teaching which declares that “In Him we live and move and have our being.” That fragment of the pure Deity of the Universal Father which indwells mortal man is a part of the infinity of the First Great Source and Center, the Father of Fathers.

God’s Relation to the Individual

(62.1) 5:0.1 IF THE finite mind of man is unable to comprehend how so great and so majestic a God as the Universal Father can descend from his eternal abode in infinite perfection to fraternize with the individual human creature, then must such a finite intellect rest assurance of divine fellowship upon the truth of the fact that an actual fragment of the living God resides within the intellect of every normal-minded and morally conscious Urantia mortal. The indwelling Thought Adjusters are a part of the eternal Deity of the Paradise Father. Man does not have to go farther than his own inner experience of the soul’s contemplation of this spiritual-reality presence to find God and attempt communion with him.

#46 Nigel Nunn

Nigel Nunn

Poster

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

Thanks for this great discussion about how changeless things and beings change!

As a reductionist, it's "in me bones" to pull things apart. When I pull myself apart, I discover that both adjuster and personality are rooted in the absolute. So this sequential, timely assembly of our soul ("nothing but change" 112:0.15) is truly mysterious. I'm guessing this relationship is what the Michaels (well, God the Sevenfold and the Supreme) make possible. So here we humans are, essentially the relationship between two absolute fingertips dipped into the finite, serving as a medium between absolute poles, a place in space where morontia fabric can be wilfully woven. But notice there is no need for these tips themselves to change ("The Adjuster and the personality are changeless" 112:0.15). They simply align, combine and click - one being, a personalized adjuster.

Clearly, this alignment repercusses directly in the absolute. So let's not think of the finite as separate from the absolute, but simply as a wonder-full qualification within the one and only unified, absolute eternal reality. Remember that one day, things which seemed sequential will appear obviously (duh!) circularly simultaneous (130:7.5).

If "Paradise is the original pattern", and without time, then its upper and lower plains are rotating in different directions in order to circumvent their aspect of time management. If time in the upper and lower plain is constant as to its periphery then by their directional opposite movements with paradise as a constant, communication between the plains are halved. If the shape of these plains are somewhat oblong as described in the UB, the communication factor is decreased again depending on the origination and ending points. Thereby creating a fold in the time space continuum.

I imagine more of a 7-fold fold :-D Here's a linked hint about one possible projection of the geometries involved:

Nigel

#47 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

So here we humans are, essentially the relationship between two absolute fingertips dipped into the finite, serving as a medium between absolute poles, a place in space where morontia fabric can be wilfully woven. But notice there is no need for these tips themselves to change ("The Adjuster and the personality are changeless" 112:0.15). They simply align, combine and click - one being, a personalized adjuster.

Clearly, this alignment repercusses directly in the absolute.

It has been my understanding that alignment of human will with divine will repercuss in the Supreme because it is experiential. How does this directly relate to the absolute? When the two unchanging fingertips align (as you describe), doesn't an entirely new entity form called the soul? And upon fusion, not all potentials will be actualized.

I'm also not sure if it is correct to call a post-fusion personality a personalized Adjuster. It's my understanding that that title is reserved for those Adjusters who do not fuse with a personality and are personalized by the Universal Father; their "pre" status is removed and their will is allowed to function on its own, able to actuate. In a fused personality, the Adjuster will and human will unite into one personality (two wills acting as one) thereby creating an actualized personality with never-ending potential to continue actualizing. Adjuster fusion is the Adjuster's potential personality actuated by uniting with experiential human personality. A personalized Adjuster does not have the human personality and is therefore in essence partnerless (no human experiential partner), thus requiring a special act of personalization.

Well anyway, now that I probably muddled that all up sufficiently I need to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users