A clean heart

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Martin Culligan_*

Guest_Martin Culligan_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

149:2.11 Jesus transcended all the teachings of his forebears when he boldly substituted clean hearts for clean hands as the mark of true religion

145:2.5 " Have you not read in the Scriptures where the Prophet Jeremiah says ' I will even write my law in their hearts.'

145:2.7 " Have you not read also, Ezekiel ‘A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you.’ "

148:6.10 you have already learned that the Father does not thus reveal himself, but rather that he speaks within the human heart as a still, small voice, saying, ‘This is the way; walk therein.’

When we hear this still, small voice. I interpret it as not words, but my heart speaking to me, the "this way" moment. It is sometimes beyond words, it can be a meaning flash, a truth moment, that expands my soul and insight which may make me rethink how I view things or any given situation.

(2095.4) 196:3.20 Every time man makes a reflective moral choice, he immediately experiences a new divine invasion of his soul. Moral choosing constitutes religion as the motive of inner response to outer conditions. But such a real religion is not a purely subjective experience. It signifies the whole of the subjectivity of the individual engaged in a meaningful and intelligent response to total objectivity — the universe and its Maker.

Edited by Martin Culligan, 15 February 2012 - 06:10 PM.

#2 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

Of course Martin!

I understand, many people call "flashes of consciousness" to what you say.
Is difficult to define in words a feeling, and also difficult that the person understand because it is not merely intellectual; is a a feeling deep and not emotional.
Is the non-transferable spiritual experience.
Genuine personal experience.

(1099.3) 100:5.5 But emotion alone is a false conversion; one must have faith as well as feeling. To the extent that such psychic mobilization is partial, and in so far as such human-loyalty motivation is incomplete, to that extent will the experience of conversion be a blended intellectual, emotional, and spiritual reality.

Alina

#3 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

I think a clean heart is the same as a pure mind.

The divine nature may be perceived only with the eyes of the mind. But the mind that really discerns God, hears the indwelling Adjuster, is the pure mind. "Without holiness no man may see the Lord." All such inner and spiritual communion is termed spiritual insight. Such religious experiences result from the impress made upon the mind of man by the combined operations of the Adjuster and the Spirit of Truth as they function amid and upon the ideas, ideals, insights, and spirit strivings of the evolving sons of God. p1104:06

#4 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:51 AM

Mind and heart become one as we struggle to balance, for the unification of our personality.

(9.10) 0:6.8 Mind is a phenomenon connoting the presence-activity of living ministry in addition to varied energy systems; and this is true on all levels of intelligence. In personality, mind ever intervenes between spirit and matter; therefore is the universe illuminated by three kinds of light: material light, intellectual insight, and spirit luminosity.

Alina

#5 Nigel Nunn

Nigel Nunn

Poster

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

Hi Alina,

Mind and heart become one as we struggle to balance, for the unification of our personality.

I like to think of "heart" as one of the seven strings in my mortal animation (human mind).
For me, any "struggle to balance" involves learning to strum harmonies not only on each,
but also from all seven at once :)

Nigel

#6 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

How do you all suppose we should define the word "heart"? Can it be defined?

#7 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

Yes Nigel! One contains the seven! :)

Edited by Alina, 17 February 2012 - 12:34 PM.

#8 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

For me, the heart is where we feel our emotions and also our feelings more expensive.
Of course, the mind is the command, there must first pass our thoughts, but when it is a spiritual fact, the feeling is anchored more in the heart in our minds, although we know that this is a must.
We did not assess when we feel love, unless we are very speculative. We just felt.
When the thoughts and sentiments agree, there is peace in the soul.
I observe that many times the UB tell us " mental reality ,"spiritual reality, this means that there are two realities.
The first is territory of the mind and brain is the material medium, the other is the spirit, it feels in the heart.
Of course, sometimes we say "bad feelings, bad heart," but I think that this happens because the human mind is what is wrong and causes disharmony.

(195.7) 16:9.1 The cosmic-mind-endowed, Adjuster-indwelt, personal creature possesses innate recognition-realization of energy reality, mind reality, and spirit reality. The will creature is thus equipped to discern the fact, the law, and the love of God. Aside from these three inalienables of human consciousness, all human experience is really subjective except that intuitive realization of validity attaches to the unification of these three universe reality responses of cosmic recognition.

(1638.4) 146:2.4 3. By opening the human end of the channel of the God-man communication, mortals make immediately available the ever-flowing stream of divine ministry to the creatures of the worlds. When man hears God’s spirit speak within the human heart, inherent in such an experience is the fact that God simultaneously hears that man’s prayer…..

Peace

Alina

#9 Guest_Martin Culligan_*

Guest_Martin Culligan_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

I think my heart is more then just mere emotions, let my first go into mind

111:1.5 Mind is about all you have of universe reality that is subject to your will, and the soul—the morontia self—will faithfully portray the harvest of the temporal decisions which the mortal self is making

111:1.4 and it is by mind that you live or die

We face situations and decisions we have to make, In our hearts we know what is right and wrong, if we are willing to listen. As a friend said to me

‎"True sincerity, to me, causes distress and severe inner conflicts from time to time" But the decision we make in heart and then of mind is imprinted onto the evolving soul. Make the heart right and the courage to make the right decisions and the mind will clean itself. I know our hearts it is different from mind but I also know they are related in the evolving human soul.

Cool conversation by the way ;)

Edited by Martin Culligan, 17 February 2012 - 04:32 PM.

#10 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

I think that the heart is where we discover, recognize, interpret and choose.

#11 Guest_Martin Culligan_*

Guest_Martin Culligan_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

Yes Bonita, and you know I come to think about Morality, making those right decisions, it can be hard, even to voice something you think it is wrong. I think the more you make the right choice, it is like building a muscle. Moral strength and spiritual stamina!

#12 Coop

Coop

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:19 AM

"Without holiness no man may see the Lord."

IS Holiness then Considerd A Pure Mind ?

Can A Human Mortal Being BE HOLY ?

Or Only At Times Be In A State Of Holiness ?
Human Beings Still Contain A Animal Nature and The Mark Of The Beast .

Yet We Can Strive For Self Mastery , GOD Consciousness 24/7 , For Spirit an Soul Growth
For Adjuster Guidance as Will Creatures in True Sincerity To BE All We Can BE ,
Threw Sincere Prayer an Worship .

It Is Only While in Prayer And Worship That I Can Feel a Sense , A State or In The Presence
Of Holiness Of Father , The Holy Spirit , The Spirit of Truth And Jesus Christ Michaels Divine Spirit
Of Holiness .

To Know an To Be Known By The Divine Holy Personalities Is To Be In A State Of Grace .

Strive To BE IN GOD Consciousness 24/7

And Thankful Prayers .

How Should We Define HOLY OR HOLINESS ?

Lao Tzu said

"Chanting is no more holy than listening to the murmur of a stream, Counting prayer beads no more sacred than simply breathing, Religious robes no more spiritual than work clothes." Lao-tzu

132:3.8 Spiritual evolution is an experience of the increasing and voluntary choice of goodness attended by an equal and progressive diminution of the possibility of evil. With the attainment of finality of choice for goodness and of completed capacity for truth appreciation, there comes into existence a perfection of beauty and holiness whose righteousness eternally inhibits the possibility of the emergence of even the concept of potential evil. Such a God-knowing soul casts no shadow of doubting evil when functioning on such a high spirit level of divine goodness.

159:4.4 Many of these books were not written by the persons whose names they bear, but that in no way detracts from the value of the truths which they contain. If the story of Jonah should not be a fact, even if Jonah had never lived, still would the profound truth of this narrative, the love of God for Nineveh and the so-called heathen, be none the less precious in the eyes of all those who love their fellow men. The Scriptures are sacred because they present the thoughts and acts of men who were searching for God, and who in these writings left on record their highest concepts of righteousness, truth, and holiness. The Scriptures contain much that is true, very much, but in the light of your present teaching, you know that these writings also contain much that is misrepresentative of the Father in heaven, the loving God I have come to reveal to all the worlds.

162:6.3 At the conclusion of this early morning service Jesus continued to teach the multitude, saying: “Have you not read in the Scripture: ‘Behold, as the waters are poured out upon the dry ground and spread over the parched soil, so will I give the spirit of holiness to be poured out upon your children for a blessing even to your children’s children’? Why will you thirst for the ministry of the spirit while you seek to water your souls with the traditions of men, poured from the broken pitchers of ceremonial service? That which you see going on about this temple is the way in which your fathers sought to symbolize the bestowal of the divine spirit upon the children of faith, and you have done well to perpetuate these symbols, even down to this day. But now has come to this generation the revelation of the Father of spirits through the bestowal of his Son, and all of this will certainly be followed by the bestowal of the spirit of the Father and the Son upon the children of men. To every one who has faith shall this bestowal of the spirit become the true teacher of the way which leads to life everlasting, to the true waters of life in the kingdom of heaven on earth and in the Father’s Paradise over there.”

NAMASTE

Faith son
Coop

Edited by Coop, 19 February 2012 - 02:07 AM.

#13 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:58 AM

for me heart was allways equal to the soul. when we finish our life in the flash our material body is returned to the universe, but our heart/soul goes with us to mantion worlds.

peace be with you
Peace be upon you

#14 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

"Without holiness no man may see the Lord."
How Should We Define HOLY OR HOLINESS ?

As you say, holiness is a state of grace. It is a state of mind characterized by absolute devotion and complete loyalty to God and his will. The heart is where this takes place. When Jesus taught us about devotion and loyalty, he said we have to be wholehearted, without doubt and completely trusting, like a child.

The heart is a part of the mind. It is the part of the mind that communes with God. It is the gateway to the soul, the bridge between human and divine and it can be found during prayer, attempted communion with God.

p1638:04 When man hears God's spirit speak within the human heart, inherent in such an experience is the fact that God simultaneously hears that man's prayer.

Jesus gave us four faith-attitudes, also known as beatitudes (blessed attitudes) (p1573). And they are: humbleness (willingness); hunger and thirst for righteousness (desire); meekness (cheerful cooperation); purity of heart (intelligent acceptance of loyalty and trust).

The heart, which is part of the mind, must be pure in order for the personality to enter the gateway, the place where it discovers, recognizes, interprets and chooses God's way.

#15 Coop

Coop

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:49 PM

Agreed

Thank You

Inner Peace Of The Heart , Soul , Spirit and The Mind
IS Found In GODs GRACE
AMEN

NAMASTE TO ALL

#16 rebecca

rebecca

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:45 AM

Heart to my thought is the aminals reaction to Good, True and Beautiful. It is the chemical and emmotional response. A heart can be tamed :0) and cleansed in the water of the Spirit. Create in me a clean heart oh Lord.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users