#41 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

144:4.6 Jesus consistently employed the beneficial influence of praying for one’s fellows. The Master usually prayed in the plural, not in the singular. Only in the great crises of his earth life did Jesus ever pray for himself.

Excuse me, but I think that the quote has no relation to the experience told by Pike!

Greetings,

Alina

#42 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:34 AM

Excuse me, but I think that the quote has no relation to the experience told by Pike!

Greetings,

Alina

Why not?

#43 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

Why not?

Because when family, friends, or self is in trouble there is nothing to prevent us from increasing prayers by such person or persons especially! Is not it? Jesus also prayed for his disciples and family, this does not mean that daily also we pray for all our fellow.
It seems logical and desable so be it. We should not take in isolation the teachings of Jesus, there He not wanted us to live his life as is but rather to do our own experience. based on their teaching of Truth, Beauty, Goodness: Love to all and to each.Give us like what we've been able to receiveProvide either individually or collectively. Depends, is relative, according to circumstances.

(1095.5) 100:2.1 Spiritual development depends, first, on the maintenance of a living spiritual connection with true spiritual forces and, second, on the continuous bearing of spiritual fruit: yielding the ministry to one’s fellows of that which has been received from one’s spiritual benefactors...

Alina

#44 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

Jesus prayed for other people and we should also. TUB says, "Jesus consistently employed the beneficial influence of praying for one’s fellows".

We are not talking about worship here. Worship has no element of interest for self or for others, only for God. We are talking about prayer, and we are told that praying for one's fellows has a beneficial influence.

Here is another quote where it says that Jesus prayed for others:

130:1.3 Gadiah was mightily moved by Jesus’ teaching, and they talked long into the night by the seaside, and before they went to their lodgings, they prayed together and for each other.

Praying for others is something that Jesus both taught and did. We are told to look at what he did more than what he taught, and Jesus prayed for others. So should we.

p2088:5 196:0.10 When you study the career of the Master, as concerns prayer or any other feature of the religious life, look not so much for what he taught as for what he did.

#45 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:47 AM

144:4.6 Jesus consistently employed the beneficial influence of praying for one’s fellows. The Master usually prayed in the plural, not in the singular. Only in the great crises of his earth life did Jesus ever pray for himself.

Yes ... Bonita ... is precisely what I was saying! :( :) in contrast to first quote! (above) which seemed to mean that Jesus prayed only for fellow! but never by a person or group of persons specially...

Greetings,

Alina

Edited by Alina, 29 February 2012 - 11:22 AM.

#46 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

Yes ... Bonita ... is precisely what I was saying! :( :) in contrast to first quote! (above) which seemed to mean that Jesus prayed only for fellow! but never by a person or group of persons specially...

Greetings,

Alina

So if you agree, why, when Pike said this: "I felt great compasion for greaving friends which make me sad because I couldn't comfort them at this moment. So I preyed for them that Father comfort their souls and they would feel better."

And I offered the quote saying that Jesus employs the beneficial influence of praying for one's fellows, (which is what Pike did),

Did you say this: "Excuse me, but I think that the quote has no relation to the experience told by Pike!"

First you disagree with the quote and now you agree???? I'm confused. :wacko: :blink: Which one is it?

#47 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

So if you agree, why, when Pike said this: "I felt great compasion for greaving friends which make me sad because I couldn't comfort them at this moment. So I preyed for them that Father comfort their souls and they would feel better."

And I offered the quote saying that Jesus employs the beneficial influence of praying for one's fellows, (which is what Pike did),

Did you say this: "Excuse me, but I think that the quote has no relation to the experience told by Pike!"

First you disagree with the quote and now you agree???? I'm confused. :wacko: :blink: Which one is it?

Because as you gave no explanation, I thought you would reply to Pike say that was not right, as praying only for all fellow ... (sometimes I do not understand much to Pike)
But it is understood ... :rolleyes:
By the way. Today I learned that we should meet personally :D because the inconvenience of the forums is that sometimes the messages get distorted a little,either because we do not want them too long, or because did not understand, or for many reasons.
But is a useful medio of communication.

Thanks!

Alina

#48 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

Luckily we are living in time of comunication.
What does everybody think about Webconference?
Peace be upon you

#49 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

hello,

listen what other people are talking.
you might learn something new.

peace be with you
Peace be upon you

#50 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

Hello,

watch the world around you very carefully.
Some things you will see only once in you Urantian life.

Peace be with you
Peace be upon you

#51 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:46 AM

hello,

I think I will never understand people which enjoy to fight (verbaly).
How do you get them to understand that there are better ways of handling differences in opinion?

peace be with you
Peace be upon you

#52 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

hello,

in last few days I have learned that I need a lot to learn.

About the world and about myself

peace
Peace be upon you

#53 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

Hi

Pike, me too! but tomorrow, after tomorrow and for many years we will say the same thing! This is beautiful because it moves us and pull forward and upward! :rolleyes:

peace and love

Alina

#54 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:32 AM

Hi all!

Today I learned what good is to have the posiblity of to offer a idea hopeful to another person that is passing for a moment no very good in her life.Never we knows when this moment appears front us and is better to be alert for not lost it the oportunity to offered what we have to provide as fruit of our harvest.
There is a saying: No one is so poor as to have nothing to offer, nor so rich that nothing needs to receive.

peace and love

Alina

Edited by Alina, 16 March 2012 - 09:20 AM.

#55 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:34 PM

hello,

did you ever had a feeling that "something" is conspireing to make you do the right thing?

Pike
Peace be upon you

#56 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:29 AM

hello,

did you ever had a feeling that "something" is conspireing to make you do the right thing?

Pike

Must be true Pike! :D

...There truly exists within you a conspiracy of spiritual forces, a confederation of divine powers, whose exclusive purpose is to effect your final deliverance from material bondage and finite handicaps.... P.381 - 3

...With divine selflessness, consummate generosity, the Universal Father relinquishes authority and delegates power, but he is still primal; his hand is on the mighty lever of the circumstances of the universal realms; he has reserved all final decisions and unerringly wields the all-powerful veto scepter of his eternal purpose with unchallengeable authority over the welfare and destiny of the outstretched, whirling, and ever-circling creation.... P.52 - 4

#57 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:34 AM

hello Rick,

this explains a lot :-)

Peace be with you
Peace be upon you

#58 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

hello,

starting a day with a pray really makes it better.

peace be with you
Peace be upon you

#59 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:24 PM

Also, ending the day with a prayer makes it even better yet. In fact, praying all day long, never forgetting to check in and say hello, sharing my thoughts with my very best friend, is really the best ever. All is well when we live every moment of life together. At least that's the way I like it.

Edited by Bonita, 29 March 2012 - 01:24 PM.

#60 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

hi Bonita,

I totaly agree with you!

peace
Peace be upon you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users