• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#21 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

it is definitly tricky.
it is the same reason why lucifer fall.
im not happy to know that temptation will follow us all the way through our ascension but what i do know that Our Father oves us and faith in him is enough to keep us safe.
Peace be upon you

#22 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

hi,

what did I learn today?
If you are downcast or feeling low, take a walk through nature.
Father will take care to show you something during your walk which will make you feel better.

peace be with you
Peace be upon you

#23 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

what did I learn today?
If you are downcast or feeling low, take a walk through nature.
Father will take care to show you something during your walk which will make you feel better.

Very true, Pike. Even going outside into the air out-of-doors is beneficial. The following poem expresses for me what I learned in the past, and also what I continue to learn in the present. The person who wrote it, Wynne, is not someone I know.

Enjoy!

Be thankful that you don’t already have

everything you desire.

If you did, what would there

be to look forward to?

Be thankful you don’t know something,

for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.

During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations,

because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge,

because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes.

They will teach you valuable lessons.

It’s easy to be thankful for the good things.

A life of rich fulfillment comes to those

who are also thankful for the setbacks.

Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.

Find a way to be thankful for your troubles,

and they will become your blessings.

By Wynne

#24 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:52 AM

Hello Meredith,

very beautifull poem. Thank you for sharing.
Can I borrow it?
Do you maybe have some more poems from this author?

Peace be with you
Peace be upon you

#25 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

Hello Meredith,

very beautifull poem. Thank you for sharing.
Can I borrow it?
Do you maybe have some more poems from this author?

Peace be with you

You are welcome to print the poem and give it away. Someone gave it to me. I found it yesterday as a bookmark in book I loaned to a friend.. Maybe the friend gave it to me. (By the way, I recommend the book: Mr Rosenblum's List by Natasha Solomons, 2010.) No, I do not have other poems by the author who remains anonymous.

All the best,
Meredith

#26 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

hello,

sometimes you must go and stand in the dark to see the light.

peace be with you
Peace be upon you

#27 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

hello, sometimes you must go and stand in the dark to see the light. peace be with you

That's much like the following:

48:7.15 13. Stars are best discerned from the lonely isolation of experiential depths, not from the illuminated and ecstatic mountain tops.

#28 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

hi Bonita,

i really don't remember reading this :-)

you are really walking library.
i'm impressed!

peace be with you
Peace be upon you

#29 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:14 PM

if I miss a prayer I become sad.
Peace be upon you

#30 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

What do you mean, if you miss a prayer? Do you mean a formal prayer? Isn't your entire life supposed to be one never-ending prayer?

#31 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

i tend to pray every day. it is more like my personal talk with father and jesus.

if i someday miss this i become sad
Peace be upon you

#32 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

Oh, you mean your quiet time. Yeah, it's essential.

#33 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

hello,

it is necesary to listen what other people say to you about you. it is hard to discern which comments are honest but it is the only way to fix your own behavior.

peace be with you
Peace be upon you

#34 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

I was just thinking about this today, myself. Hmmm.

Example: My girlfriend just changed her whole outlook on life: She lost 40 pounds, became a vegan, exercises strenuously every day, does yoga, takes all kinds of herbs and supplements and claims to have a renewed sense of youth and vigor.

This is all good and I'm happy for her, even though I know it's all about her mid-life crisis and the need to stay in control. But now she ridicules me for being tired, fat and lazy. Is she right or is she being self-righteous? I'm perfectly happy being tired, fat and lazy. Does she see me as I really am or the way she would like me to be according to her own outlook on life?

#35 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:00 AM

well I never cared if someone called me chubby, or tell me anything about my phisical looks.
But when someone tells me that I'm not fair or being angry without any good reason, that makes me wonder Is it true?
Do I need to work onthis topic?
Phisical looks is not such a big consern for me because it will stay here on Urantia,
and Personality is totaly different thing. It goes with you to the journey for Paradise.
Peace be upon you

#36 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

But when someone tells me that I'm not fair or being angry without any good reason, that makes me wonder Is it true?
Do I need to work onthis topic?

This is something that each person has to decide for himself, but I think that there are some guidelines available which I have learned from personal experience. And from here I will describe how it works with me; whether or not it will be the same for everyone, I cannot say with certainty.

If someone chastises me by pointing out a character flaw, I generally do not brush it off for three reasons: 1) they might be right about me; 2) they may be telling me something about themselves; 3) they might be telling me something about our relationship. All of these things are important to me.

If the criticism is aimed at my character, then that is a serious matter. If the comment is something trivial like, "You're overly obsessed with cleanliness," then I ignore it or laugh it off. I know that cleanliness is not a character flaw and if I am truly obsessed with it, then it is my business and no one else's. However, if my habits are ruining my relationship with someone, then something has to be done about it. Either the other person cleans up or I loosen up, or a combination of the two.

If someone levies a harsh criticism at my character such as, "You're an arrogant, egotistical elitist," I also ignore it and laugh it off because I know that when those allegations are being made, it's usually the other person with the problem.

Then there are those times when some comment comes your way and it wakes you up to your behavior in a way that you didn't see before, or a problem you knew you had but didn't realize that others noticed, cared or were affected by it. These rebukes usually sting, they have an element of truth to them that is easily recognizable and generally it is something that you've been hearing the little voice in your head tell you to pay attention to, but have ignored.

As an example: Just recently I overheard my aforementioned friend tell another friend that I am very negative about the community chorus we all sing in. Well that stung a little because in my heart I know she's right. At the time, I thought we were all dissatisfied and looking for a new chorus. When I thought about it, it was really just me being negative because my heart was not in it anymore. The other two were not exactly happy, but satisfied. What I thought was convivial complaining really wasn't. I had to take that criticism very, very seriously. My behavior was affecting others in a negative way and the problem was solely mine in that I was having trouble wholeheartedly engaging in the activity. It presents as a major decision on my part, maybe even a circle-making one, one which I continue to struggle with even though I know the right answer in my heart. Now that I've discovered this and recognized it, I have to interpret and choose the higher, more ideal thing to do. It's not always easy to be honest with your true self; indifference and indecision are much easier.

Edited by Bonita, 27 February 2012 - 12:07 PM.

#37 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

i'm allways following my heart but you excelently described what I meant.

peace be with you
Peace be upon you

#38 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

Hello,

This year I had few funurals. This was all parents from my friends.
Altough now I know this should be moment of joy because I know that their soul started great journey,
I felt great compasion for greaving friends which make me sad because I couldn't comfort them at this moment.
So I preyed for them that Father comfort their souls and they would feel better.
I hope my prey helped.

Peace be with you
Peace be upon you

#39 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:51 AM

Surely that has helped Pike!
Sometimes you feel we can not talk directly to people, because it is not appropriate or because they do not understand.
Then I do the same as you. In silence and solitude pray for them, or just talk to them as if they were present (which is also a form of personal prayer) and I think I've helped several times because I could see the change in them.
And I tell you this is for any conflict situation in which the person is.

Peace be with you

Alina

#40 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

144:4.6 Jesus consistently employed the beneficial influence of praying for one’s fellows. The Master usually prayed in the plural, not in the singular. Only in the great crises of his earth life did Jesus ever pray for himself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users