#1 Midsoniter woman

Midsoniter woman

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:politics

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

Hey everybody! Can anyone tell me if the adjutants are in the Bible too? Because I found them in the Book of Mormon.

2 Nephi 21:2 And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord.

2 Nephi 21:3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord, and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears.

"If woman aspires literally to enjoy all of man's rights, then sooner or later, pitiless and emotionless competition will certainly replace that chivalry and special consideration which many women now enjoy, and which they have so recently won from men (Urantia Book, 938)."

#2 JR Sherrod

JR Sherrod

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:I am a Lapidary, and Jewelry Artist & Designer. I love reading the Urantia Book, science fiction, and speculative non-fiction. I am a Choral Singer. I was, at various times in my past, a Military Policeman, Police Instructor, Computer Programmer/Analyst, and Post-secondary technical instructor. I love astronomy, aeronautice & aerospace, and planes & rockets of all types. I bicycle and walk for fun and fitness. I am an Advanced Toastmaster - Bronze. I write Autobiographic Self-Help, and Speculative Non-Fiction.

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

Good Morning, Midsoniter Woman!

If you read the Old Testament of the Bible, you will read in Isaiah Chapter 11 nearly the same exact thing.

1 AND there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.
6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

These verses in Isaiah and in 2Nephi are taught as representing the time of the Great Millennium. Say, didn't it say something in TUB about the FER being able to spur the next 1,000 years worth of exploration and discovery and curiosity by mankind here on Urantia? Makes one say: "...hmmmm..." doesn't it?

"JR"
Ah! To be host to God, Himself; and to be enriched beyond measure by that incomprehensible treasure!

#3 Midsoniter woman

Midsoniter woman

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

Wow! That's amazing. Thanks, JR. I'm having a terrible time Googling Bible verses. I'm researching The Pearl of Great Price where it says Adam lived 930 years and I know how to do the UB search engine, which says Adam lived 530 years. So if I want to know what the Bible says about how long Adam lived, how do I search engine it?

Edited by Midsoniter woman, 06 February 2012 - 09:49 PM.

"If woman aspires literally to enjoy all of man's rights, then sooner or later, pitiless and emotionless competition will certainly replace that chivalry and special consideration which many women now enjoy, and which they have so recently won from men (Urantia Book, 938)."

#4 Midsoniter woman

Midsoniter woman

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

Nevermind. I think I got it. Biblegateway.com just said Adam lived 930 years.

I think it is also interesting that the BOM thinks Adam's name was Michael. It's like so close, but no cigar. When I did a Bible search it shows that the Bible has only the name Michael as an archangel. The name Michael comes up a lot in the Bible search, but I don't think referring to Adam.

#5 JR Sherrod

JR Sherrod

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:I am a Lapidary, and Jewelry Artist & Designer. I love reading the Urantia Book, science fiction, and speculative non-fiction. I am a Choral Singer. I was, at various times in my past, a Military Policeman, Police Instructor, Computer Programmer/Analyst, and Post-secondary technical instructor. I love astronomy, aeronautice & aerospace, and planes & rockets of all types. I bicycle and walk for fun and fitness. I am an Advanced Toastmaster - Bronze. I write Autobiographic Self-Help, and Speculative Non-Fiction.

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

It is interesting to me that there are so many thought-provoking concepts in the BOM, but it is like "Cliff Notes" for the realities of the cosmos, compared to the "Encyclopedia Britannica" that TUB is. It is why the Latter Day Saints are the only church that satisfied my eternal longings for so long. Now-a-days, I find myself biting my tongue more and more often. I am certain that many faithful members would squirt blood right out of their eyes at many of the higher truths and advanced concepts found in TUB! Many, very many, are not yet ready for TUB's revelations - especially about Michael, Adam & Eve, and Nebadon.

Not to worry, though. We are taught about the cultivation of the capabilities to comprehend such higher-level teachings. When teaching about the Seraphim, Transition Ministers, we read:

[P.554 - 6 thru P.555 - 0] These angels are all in the chain of recorders extending from the lowest to the highest custodians of the facts of time and the truths of eternity. Some day they will teach you to seek truth as well as fact, to expand your soul as well as your mind. Even now you should learn to water the garden of your heart as well as to seek for the dry sands of knowledge. Forms are valueless when lessons are learned. No chick may be had without the shell, and no shell is of any worth after the chick is hatched. But sometimes error is so great that its rectification by revelation would be fatal to those slowly emerging truths which are essential to its experiential overthrow. When children have their ideals, do not dislodge them; let them grow. And while you are learning to think as men, you should also be learning to pray as children.

We may think of the teachings of the Mormon Church, much as we do with so very many other churches. They are scaffolding, supporting the construction of the "Citizens of Eternity" each Urantian may become. As such, those teachings are the fertile soil where untold tomorrows may eventually be grown.

Think of the "Santa Claus" myths & traditions. A huge percentage of folks perpetuate these literal falsehoods because of the valuable social and individual characteristics that may become lodged into the personalities of our dear little ones. Altruism, self-lessness, generousity, love of others, dedication to goodness, reward for proper behavior, and many other things are taught thusly. It is little surprise that few adults still believe in the literal existence of a world-travelling elf, using flying reindeer to deliver toys to all the world's good little boys and girls in a single night; but is an astounding surprise to find an adult who does not perpetuate the same literal falsehood, by teaching it to their children.

Maybe the little children of Urantia include ALL of us; and if they/we display even the slightest inclination toward faith in God, or even the faintest flickering of desire to believe in God, let them be. The schools of Mansonia will come soon enough. We who acknowledge, understand, and embrace TUB may be few now, but the next 1,000 years will fly by! More and more of Heavenly Father's children will grow past the current limitations of the dogmatic, restrictive, and circumscribed teachings of today's churches as the years go by. I believe the Seraphim of the Churches are doing a wonderful job on this isolated little sphere!

When it comes to the expanded revelations in TUB, I am satisfied being "the little boy who knows the real truth about Mommy, Daddy, & Santa Claus" while my fellows still believe. I taught my sons the myth, and now note with satisfaction that they teach their children valuable personality traits with the same "Santa Claus" myths. So it should be with the FER. Children will face a profoundly complex cosmos soon enough, don't you think?

"JR"

Edited by JR Sherrod, 07 February 2012 - 12:34 AM.

Ah! To be host to God, Himself; and to be enriched beyond measure by that incomprehensible treasure!

#6 Midsoniter woman

Midsoniter woman

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

The Doctrine and Covenants talks about fusion. I can't find where the Bible makes this fusion clear.

D&C 63:51 Wherefore children shall grow up until they become old, old men shall die; but they shall not sleep in the dust, but they shall be changed in the twinkling of an eye.

D&C 101:29 And there shall be no sorrow because there is no death.

101:31 And when he dies he shall not sleep, that is to say in the earth, but shall be changed in the twinkling of an eye, and shall be caught up and his rest shall be glorious.

1 Corinthians 15:52

New International Version (NIV)

52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

Stay with me, JR.

Edited by Midsoniter woman, 07 February 2012 - 10:11 PM.

#7 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

1 Corinthians 6:17 "But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit."

2 Kings 2:11 "And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven."

#8 Midsoniter woman

Midsoniter woman

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

Awesome, Bonita. That is definitely a reference to fusion.

I also like where the Pearl of Great Price talks about Jesus as a universe creator, not just the Son of God. And I like the reference to worlds without number here.

Moses 1:33 And worlds without number have I created; and I also created them for mine own purpose; And by the Son I created them, which is mine only Begotten.

#9 Midsoniter woman

Midsoniter woman

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

The LDS obviously got their tradition of the seventy from the Bible, but Jesus coincidentally chose seventy teachers.

(1800.1) 163:0.1 After devoting a few days to visiting and the reorganization of the camp, Jesus and the twelve began a course of intensive training for this special group of believers, and from this well-trained and experienced aggregation of disciples the Master subsequently chose the seventy teachers and sent them forth to proclaim the gospel of the kingdom.

The tradition of laying hands on the heads was also used by Jesus.

(1800.5) 163:1.3 Before Jesus laid his hands upon the heads of the seventy to set them apart as gospel messengers, addressing them, he said: “The harvest is indeed plenteous, but the laborers are few; therefore I exhort all of you to pray that the Lord of the harvest will send still other laborers into his harvest. I am about to set you apart as messengers of the kingdom; I am about to send you to Jew and gentile as lambs among wolves.

(1569.5) 140:2.1 Then the Master placed his hands upon the head of each apostle, beginning with Judas Iscariot and ending with Andrew.

Jesus also sent out teachers in twos.

(1678.4) 150:0.4 The evangelists were sent out in groups of five, while Jesus and the twelve traveled together most of the time, the apostles going out two and two to baptize believers as occasion required.

(1800.5) 163:1.3As you go your ways, two and two, I instruct you to carry neither purse nor extra clothing, for you go forth on this first mission for only a short season. Salute no man by the way, attend only to your work. Whenever you go to stay at a home, first say: Peace be to this household.

(1801.3) 163:1.6And these thirty-five couples went forth preaching and teaching for about six weeks, all of them returning to the new camp near Pella, in Perea, on Friday, December 30.

Edited by Midsoniter woman, 11 February 2012 - 03:42 PM.

#10 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:18 AM

Did you know that the number "70" has symbolic meaning in the Old Testament? It's not supposed to be taken literally. It is supposed to represent God's administration of the post diluvial world that was allegedly populated by 70 descendants of Noah (Gn. 10) The number 70 appears everywhere in the Bible, much like the number 40, both numbers having symbolic meaning. For example:
  • 70 persons went down to Egypt (Gn. 46:27)
  • 70 Elders were appointed to help Moses administer Israel in the wilderness (Nu. 11:16)
  • The people of Judah spent 70 years of exile in Babylon (Je. 5:11; 29:10)
  • 70 weeks were decreed by God as the period in which Messianic redemption was to be accomplished. (Dn. 9:24)
  • Jacob fathered 70 children. (Ex. 1:5)
  • 70 peoples of the earth were dispersed after the tower of Babel (Gn. 10)
  • 70 elders met God on Sinai and ate a sacred meal (Ex. 24:9-10)
  • 70 elders of Israel comprised the Sanhedrin
  • The Septuagent was written by 70 scribes, 6 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel.
  • Jesus said to forgive 70 + 7 times.
Scholars tell us that because the number 70 was considered to be sacred by the Jews, in the years after Jesus, they began to assign the number 72 to the Gentiles. And that is why you sometimes see in the literature, and even in different bible editions, that Jesus sent out 72 disciples rather than 70.

But TUB tells us that the number 70 represented the heathen nations and that Jesus did not pick the number 70 for any symbolic reason; but in fact, would have preferred 76.

163:4.17 Although the Jews had a peculiar regard for the number seventy, sometimes considering the nations of heathendom as being seventy in number, and although these seventy messengers were to go with the gospel to all peoples, still as far as we can discern, it was only coincidental that this group happened to number just seventy. Certain it was that Jesus would have accepted no less than half a dozen others, but they were unwilling to pay the price of forsaking wealth and families.

#11 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

And here's another little interesting factoid. TUB explains why Jesus said to forgive 77 times:

159:1.7: [The use of the term seventy-seven as an illustration of mercy and forbearance was derived from the Scriptures referring to Lamech’s exultation because of the metal weapons of his son Tubal-Cain, who, comparing these superior instruments with those of his enemies, exclaimed: “If Cain, with no weapon in his hand, was avenged seven times, I shall now be avenged seventy-seven."]

Just for fun, here's the reference from the Bible, Gn 3:18-24:

18 To Enoch was born Irad, and Irad fathered Mehujael, and Mehujael fathered Methushael, and Methushael fathered Lamech. 19 And Lamech took two wives. The name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah. 20 Adah bore Jabal; he was the father of those who dwell in tents and have livestock. 21 His brother's name was Jubal; he was the father of all those who play the lyre and pipe.22 Zillah also bore Tubal-cain; he was the forger of all instruments of bronze and iron. The sister of Tubal-cain was Naamah.
23 Lamech said to his wives:
“Adah and Zillah, hear my voice;
you wives of Lamech, listen to what I say:
I have killed a man for wounding me,
a young man for striking me.
24 If Cain's revenge is sevenfold,
then Lamech's is seventy-sevenfold.”

#12 Midsoniter woman

Midsoniter woman

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

Thanks, Bonita. A lot of coincidences got turned into tradition. Another example of this is the making of the seventh day the Sabbath just because Adam and Eve happened to be exhausted after six days of hard work surveying the planet. But I don't believe the UB ever discourages Sabbath observance. It says that the Adamites continued to observe the Sabbath. And if the Garden of Eden were still here as it should have been, we would all still be observing the Sabbath the way the Adamites did.

(832.6) 74:4.6 And this was the origin of the Sabbath-day tradition. Always in Eden the seventh day was devoted to the noontide assembly at the temple; long it was the custom to devote this day to self-culture. The forenoon was devoted to physical improvement, the noontime to spiritual worship, the afternoon to mind culture, while the evening was spent in social rejoicing. This was never the law in Eden, but it was the custom as long as the Adamic administration held sway on earth.

Edited by Midsoniter woman, 12 February 2012 - 03:37 PM.

#13 Coop

Coop

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:16 AM

HI ALL
This Is The Day The Lord Has Made for US
May We All Be Blessed And Glad In His Divine Love And Mercy
AMEN

'' The Septuagent was written by 70 scribes, 6 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel.''

I Remember In My Bible Studies with a friend years ago something about There Being
A Issue About That , That In Fact there were NOT * 12 tribes of Israel *
Albeit my memory fails me at the moment , AS To WHY .
It was during my time with a Pauline Group Study that this was discussed as to the reason WHY.
Yet I Forget Now , Any Truth that there Was NOT * 12 tribes of Israel * ?

NAMASTE TO ALL

Faith son
Coop

#14 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:48 AM

97:9.1 There never were twelve tribes of the Israelites — only three or four tribes settled in Palestine. The Hebrew nation came into being as the result of the union of the so-called Israelites and the Canaanites. “And the children of Israel dwelt among the Canaanites. And they took their daughters to be their wives and gave their daughters to the sons of the Canaanites.” The Hebrews never drove the Canaanites out of Palestine, notwithstanding that the priests’ record of these things unhesitatingly declared that they did.

Jewish legend states that Jacob fathered twelve sons who were the ancestors of the twelve tribes of Israel. But it is a legend that was created during the Babylonian captivity designed to foster the "chosen people" myth. The Jewish scribes decided on the following lineage:

• The history of Judaism begins with Abraham, who came to believe in one Supreme Being,
• his son Isaac,
• Isaac's son Jacob, later called Israel,
• and Jacob's 12 sons who founded the twelve tribes of Israel

96:2.3 It was only after the days of Machiventa Melchizedek and Abraham that certain tribes of Semites, because of their peculiar religious beliefs, were called the children of Israel and later on Hebrews, Jews, and the "chosen people.”
93:9.9 The national ego of the Jews was tremendously depressed by the Babylonian captivity. In their reaction against national inferiority they swung to the other extreme of national and racial egotism, in which they distorted and perverted their traditions with the view of exalting themselves above all races as the chosen people of God; and hence they carefully edited all their records for the purpose of raising Abraham and their other national leaders high up above all other persons, not excepting Melchizedek himself. The Hebrew scribes therefore destroyed every record of these momentous times which they could find, preserving only the narrative of the meeting of Abraham and Melchizedek after the battle of Siddim, which they deemed reflected great honor upon Abraham.

#15 Coop

Coop

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

Thank You Kindly Bonita

For Clarifying an refreshing my memory .
The Jewish Scribes Rewrote their History To Paint Themselves In A Greater Light
As Chosen People .

Yet They Forgot To Edit out ... The Land Of Nod .
Which some so called Bible Scholars refuse to accept ...or ignore ...

148:4.7 You are confused, Thomas, by the doctrines of the Greeks and the errors of the Persians. You do not understand the relationships of evil and sin because you view mankind as beginning on earth with a perfect Adam and rapidly degenerating, through sin, to man’s present deplorable estate. But why do you refuse to comprehend the meaning of the record which discloses how Cain, the son of Adam, went over into the land of Nod and there got himself a wife? And why do you refuse to interpret the meaning of the record which portrays the sons of God finding wives for themselves among the daughters of men?

67:4.2 The sixty members of the planetary staff who went into rebellion chose Nod as their leader. They worked wholeheartedly for the rebel Prince but soon discovered that they were deprived of the sustenance of the system life circuits. They awakened to the fact that they had been degraded to the status of mortal beings. They were indeed superhuman but, at the same time, material and mortal. In an effort to increase their numbers, Daligastia ordered immediate resort to sexual reproduction, knowing full well that the original sixty and their forty-four modified Andonite associates were doomed to suffer extinction by death, sooner or later. After the fall of Dalamatia the disloyal staff migrated to the north and the east. Their descendants were long known as the Nodites, and their dwelling place as “the land of Nod.”

76:2.9 And so Cain departed for the land of Nod, east of the second Eden. He became a great leader among one group of his father’s people and did, to a certain degree, fulfill the predictions of Serapatatia, for he did promote peace between this division of the Nodites and the Adamites throughout his lifetime. Cain married Remona, his distant cousin, and their first son, Enoch, became the head of the Elamite Nodites. And for hundreds of years the Elamites and the Adamites continued to be at peace.

77:4.5 After the establishment of the second garden it was customary to allude to this near-by Nodite settlement as “the land of Nod”; and during the long period of relative peace between this Nodite group and the Adamites, the two races were greatly blended, for it became more and more the custom for the Sons of God (the Adamites) to intermarry with the daughters of men (the Nodites).

NAMASTE

Posted Image

Edited by Coop, 13 February 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#16 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

Yeah, the scribes weren't as thorough as they thought. They also left in two stories of creation in Genesis, one of man created from clay, the other of man descended from the gods.

74:8.4 The majority of the world’s peoples have been influenced by the tradition that Adam and Eve had physical forms created for them upon their arrival on Urantia. The belief in man’s having been created from clay was well-nigh universal in the Eastern Hemisphere; this tradition can be traced from the Philippine Islands around the world to Africa. And many groups accepted this story of man’s clay origin by some form of special creation in the place of the earlier beliefs in progressive creation — evolution
74:8.6 The Babylonians, because of immediate contact with the remnants of the civilization of the Adamites, enlarged and embellished the story of man’s creation; they taught that he had descended directly from the gods. They held to an aristocratic origin for the race which was incompatible with even the doctrine of creation out of clay.

#17 Coop

Coop

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

Also Theres the Jewish Folklore / myth about LILITH .
Sad That Woman has been givin such a bad rap and made a Scapegoat
Scince The Dawn of Time eh ...

http://www.art.net/~...lilithmyth.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith

Posted Image

According to Jewish folklore, Lilith was the first wife of Adam. She was banished from the Garden of Eden when she refused to make herself subservient to Adam (specifically, she refused to get into the missionary position with him during sex). When she was cast out, she was made into a demon figure, and Adam was given a second wife, Eve, who was fashioned from his rib to ensure her obedience to her man. The following is an excerpt from a Jewish folktale that describes some of the evils attributed to Lilith:

"The wife brought the mirror and all of the fine furnishings in the cellar to her own home and proudly displayed it. She hung the mirror in the room of their daughter, who was a dark-haired coquette. The girl glanced at herself in the mirror all the time, and in this way she was drawn into Lilith's web.... For that mirror had hung in the the den of demons, and a daughter of Lilith had made her home there. And when the mirror was taken from the haunted house, the demoness came with it. For every mirror is a gateway to the Other World and leads directly to Lilith's cave. That is the cave Lilith went to when she abandoned Adam and the Garden of Eden for all time, the cave where she sported with her demon lovers. From these unions multitudes of demons were born, who flocked from that cave and infiltrated the world. And when they want to return, they simply enter the nearest mirror. That is why it is said that Lilith makes her home in every mirror...

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

This article is about the mythological character Lilith. For other uses, see Lilith (disambiguation).
Lilith (Hebrew: לילית‎; lilit, or lilith) is a character in Jewish mythology, developed earliest in the Babylonian Talmud, who is generally thought to be related to a class of female demons Līlīṯu in Mesopotamian texts. However, Lowell K. Handy (1997) notes, "Very little information has been found relating to the Akkadian and Babylonian view of these demons. Two sources of information previously used to define Lilith are both suspect."[1] The two problematic sources are the Gilgamesh appendix and the Arslan Tash amulets, which are discussed below.[2]
The term Lilith occurs in Isaiah 34:14, either singular or plural according to variations in the earliest manuscripts, though in a list of animals. In the Dead Sea Scrolls Songs of the Sage the term first occurs in a list of monsters. In Jewish magical inscriptions, on bowls and amulets from the 6th century CE onwards, Lilith is identified as a female demon and the first visual depictions appear.
In Jewish folklore, from the 8th–10th centuries Alphabet of Ben Sira onwards, Lilith becomes Adam's first wife, who was created at the same time and from the same earth as Adam. This contrasts with Eve, who was created from one of Adam's ribs. The legend was greatly developed during the Middle Ages, in the tradition of Aggadic midrashim, the Zohar and Jewish mysticism.[3] In the 13th Century writings of Rabbi Isaac ben Jacob ha-Cohen, for example, Lilith left Adam after she refused to become subservient to him and then would not return to the Garden of Eden after she mated with archangel Samael.[4] The resulting Lilith legend is still commonly used as source material in modern Western culture, literature, occultism, fantasy, and horror.

Edited by Coop, 13 February 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#18 Coop

Coop

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

More on the Lilith Myth

http://jewishchristi.../Topics/Lilith/

#19 Midsoniter woman

Midsoniter woman

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

Although the LDS idea of how Adam and Eve became mortals after their transgression is weird, just the mere fact that they understand the down step from super-mortal to mortal is amazing. Not only do they have an idea of the down step, but they fully understand the UB definition of sin and error. They understand that sin is deliberate and willful. And what Adam and Eve did was not sin, only a transgression of duty.

Moses 5:11 Were it not for our transgression we never should have had seed and never should have known good and evil, and the joy of our redemtption, and the eternal life which God giveth unto all the obedient.

#20 JR Sherrod

JR Sherrod

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

Hi Jessica!

Here is where I have to bite my tongue so very often...

Adam & Eve are known to have fallen into error by the LDS; but the whole idea that they could not have had children until after they fell is repulsive!

Moses 5:11 Were it not for our transgression we never should have had seed and never should have known good and evil, and the joy of our redemtption, and the eternal life which God giveth unto all the obedient.

This leads LDS faithful into the pitfall of thinking that God intentionally set Adam & Eve up to fail! This single idea belittles our Heavenly Father, it attributes to him the characteristics of vengence, duplicity, and pettiness.

This wrong idea clearly points the LDS faithful toward the conclusion that Heavenly Father trapped Adam & Eve by his issuing two conflicting commandments. First - be fruitful and multiply; and second - do not partake of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. The LDS faithful are taught that God (called Elohim) conspired with His son, Jesus (called Jehovah) to allow Lucifer to try and tempt Adam & Eve. If they yield to temptation and eat of the forbidden fruit, Jehovah was to become the sacrificial lamb, and be tortured & killed to wash away their sin, and the sins of all mankind.

Of course, this conspiracy was complete because of one conflicting supposed truth - the LDS faithful are taught that Adam & Eve were like little children and could not have children until after they sinned, and thereafter fall into mortal bodies.

I cannot even speak the distaste I have for this perverted teaching! TUB clearly teaches a more truthful picture of the attributes of God, and of the mission of Adam & Eve.

(828.4) 74:1.3 When the proclamation was issued calling for volunteers for the mission of Adamic adventure on Urantia, the entire senior corps of Material Sons and Daughters volunteered. The Melchizedek examiners, with the approval of Lanaforge and the Most Highs of Edentia, finally selected the Adam and Eve who subsequently came to function as the biologic uplifters of Urantia

(828.5) 74:1.4 Adam and Eve had remained loyal to Michael during the Lucifer rebellion; nevertheless, the pair were called before the System Sovereign and his entire cabinet for examination and instruction. The details of Urantia affairs were fully presented; they were exhaustively instructed as to the plans to be pursued in accepting the responsibilities of rulership on such a strife-torn world.

(828.3) 74:1.2 At the time Adam was chosen to come to Urantia, he was employed, with his mate, in the trial-and-testing physical laboratories of Jerusem. For more than fifteen thousand years they had been directors of the division of experimental energy as applied to the modification of living forms. Long before this they had been teachers in the citizenship schools for new arrivals on Jerusem. And all this should be borne in mind in connection with the narration of their subsequent conduct on Urantia.

(829.2) 74:1.6 And thus did Adam and Eve leave Jerusem amidst the acclaim and well-wishing of its citizens. They went forth to their new responsibilities adequately equipped and fully instructed concerning every duty and danger to be encountered on Urantia.

(838.5) 74:8.13 The Christian teachers perpetuated the belief in the fiat creation of the human race, and all this led directly to the formation of the hypothesis of a onetime golden age of utopian bliss and the theory of the fall of man or superman which accounted for the nonutopian condition of society. These outlooks on life and man’s place in the universe were at best discouraging since they were predicated upon a belief in retrogression rather than progression, as well as implying a vengeful Deity, who had vented wrath upon the human race in retribution for the errors of certain onetime planetary administrators.

(838.6) 74:8.14 The “golden age” is a myth, but Eden was a fact, and the Garden civilization was actually overthrown. Adam and Eve carried on in the Garden for one hundred and seventeen years when, through the impatience of Eve and the errors of judgment of Adam, they presumed to turn aside from the ordained way, speedily bringing disaster upon themselves and ruinous retardation upon the developmental progression of all Urantia.

The LDS, among many others, twist and confuse facts and myths and superstitions to create and paint a morbid picture of perfect beings intentionally set-up to break either one commandment of God or another; which then necessitates the brutal torture and horrific murder of yet another perfect being, all to let the church members become "washed clean of their sins" by the blood of said tortured and murdered being.

The whole scheme of the "Atonement of Jesus" is predicated upon the "Fall of Adam & Eve" in such a way as to completely lift personal responsibility for sin and error from mankind and place it on the shoulders of Adam & Eve - especially on Eve. The subsequent "sacrifice and atonement" of Jesus is then put forward as a way to lift personal responsibility for becoming clean from the blood and sins of our lives and give it all to "The Savior" to take care of.

Is there any reason why such a responsibility-shirking generation should not hang its head in shame? I sometimes wish I could live on one of the nearly 600 planets in Satania who didn't embrace sin and rebellion! I know our future is bright and sure, but these intertwined perversions of "The Fall" and "The Atonement" are the two biggest reasons I am often struggling to bite my tongue at church - even with all the good that can be taught from TUB that doesn't directly conflict with LDS beliefs.

"JR"

Edited by JR Sherrod, 15 February 2012 - 09:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users