• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

Hello all,

I'm very happy that I found the place where I can find so many friendly souls to talk to.
For that reason I want to share with you my introduction to the UB.

I grew up in Croatia in Catholic family and had "Catholic" childhood. Church on Sundays, Church school once a week and so on.
But in one point of my life I stopped attending the Church.
Sometime during 90's Catholic Church started to mingle with politics and it was a very bad mix.
We had (and still have) Priests talking about God, Jesus, modesty and in the some time they were driving expensive cars, having children (which is not allowed for Catholic Priests) and doing everything they preached we should not to.

Anyway I didn't lose my faith, I just stopped going into Church because sometimes was WRONG!
I grew up with very strong moral standings which were put into my mind by my beautiful Parents (thank you Mom and Dad).
I got Married, had to beautiful Daughters and life went on.
During this period of my life I had period when God was very important to me, and period when I felt alone (now I see it was always when I didn't follow Father's will).
Also during this years I learned that Father always has great plans for me and when I follow his will everything turns just as it should be.
So in last 2 years I just trained myself to see and do Father's will.
Last spring I was lead to a book from Ted Burpo - Heaven is for real.
Ted is Protestant Preacher in USA and his son has got ill and got better when everybody in hospital thinked that he can't be saved.
After he got home and in following period he kept surprising his parents with remembering Jesus and Paradise.
In this book it was mentioned one girl in Mexico who regulary visit Jesus and made true painting of him (the boy said that it looked the same)
So I decided to search it on the net because I really had the need to see the Jesus.
Instead of painting I ran into UB.
I had my doubts.
But I downloaded the book anyway. After download I was still full of questions. What if it destroy everything I believe in? What if the origin of the book is not good?
Then I decided I'll read it!
My faith is strong enough to face false things.
I decided I'will read it from beginning. The beginning was hard (even the second time :) )
but it was the right way.
After a week I was astonished!
I couldn't believe what I'm reading!
And everything start fitting into place. I needed 5 month's to finish the book. And slowly noticing what was "incorrect" in my behavior and working on it.
Today, one year after me meeting the UB, I'm happier, more grateful on everything, noticing true beauty of the world. I have no fears of nothing. I'm better husband and parent.
I'm praying every day, at least once a day and sometimes even more, and knowing I'm right there where I should be.

I know I had written a lot , but I just wanted to share my experience from last week.
It was around 7 PM and I was walking my dog. On the sky there was thick clouds.
Usually during this walks I prey and meditate. At this occasion I preyed to our Father and brother to give me a sign. A sign that my time has come.
And few seconds later clouds braked in one spot and Venus showed up.
I was once more astonished . Venus was visible for couple of minutes and I was overwhelmed with emotions.
And who can then reject our Father?
I only can say: Father I put my life to your hands. I'm going wherever you send me.

Peace be with you all

Hrvoje Pajk
Peace be upon you

#2 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

Welcome, and congratulations on finding and recognizing the revelation Pike. Glad you found the Fourm too. It's very beautiful what you wrote.

My story of finding the book 25 years ago was not that different from yours. It took a year to read the first time, I still study and get new things from it every day.

Probably will be a while before the established religions accept this new and wonderful teaching, intended to lift all faiths I think. Interesting time to be alive, eh?!

#3 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:57 AM

Hello,

i think that life is one of great gifts from our Father.
actualy i think that Father gives us many gifts but we just needs to recognise them and ofcourse accept them.

thank you Rick on warm welcome
Peace be upon you

#4 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:21 AM

And everything start fitting into place. I needed 5 month's to finish the book. And slowly noticing what was "incorrect" in my behavior and working on it.
Today, one year after me meeting the UB, I'm happier, more grateful on everything, noticing true beauty of the world. I have no fears of nothing. I'm better husband and parent.

This is what I hear from most people who read TUB who are not overly burdened with skepticism. This book cuts right through mental darkness and allows light to shine in such a way that it transforms the inner person and his personal outlook, and in so doing, the world seems to be a much more loveable place. One of the tremedous benefits of reading and absorbing the book is a sense that the universe is friendly and everything will be OK. It takes a huge burden off the soul.

#5 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

Hi all!

Exactly Pike, something the developers tell us that Revelations save us "ages and ages in our evolution"
Sometimes It is almost unbelievable, when we realize that many people ignore what we know.Then comes the inner personal need to spread the Book.
The mind is wide ... in intellectually and sensitive knowledge, it provide more security, joy and we feel that reality is not only a philosophical concept, reality we are Citizens of the Universe! This is wonderful!
We are also tools for opening a vast field for research!
Because, as you know, celestial beings, we clarify that: a "revelation too enlarged stifle our imagination"and with it our desire to continue. They are wise, no doubt!
There is a before and after in our life from our identification with the teachings of The Urantia Book.

PD: I think we already are millions of readers around the world of The Urantia Book, I say this because for the account of sales of books, this should be the minority. Also many share read the same book, for example in a family, or friends sometimes share a single book. Others printed, and many read it directly from the web.
Make a projection is not very difficult if we consider these data and the number of pages that appears UB (blogs, scientific forums, etc...)
The hope of a better future for this civilization is present! So be it!

Many greetings

Alina

#6 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:17 PM

hi,

if somebody would ask me what is the biggest invention in 20th century, high on the list would be the internet!

Internet could be compared with comunication circuits. it brings information to the every Urantian, so spreading the good news of Kingdom of the Father is faster and easier.

in my country i couldn't find printed book but on the net i found the book in electronic form in Croatian language!

i hope that number of readers will increase even more.
i would really love to see that my children live un the world of truth beauty and goodness.

peace be with you
Hrvoje
Peace be upon you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users