• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:52 PM

hi,

i agree with you.
as a parent my task is to correct the children to go in right diretcion.
teach them what is sin and that there is allways consiquence for every deed.
they are rolling with their eyes when i say them : treat other people in the same way you want that they treat you.

:-)

peace be with you
Peace be upon you

#22 Nigel Nunn

Nigel Nunn

Poster

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:54 AM

Another angle is that Urantia is the-place-to-be for Adjusters looking for personalization. On such a world, at such a time (with the fifth epochal revelation nicely in place), truly experienced adjusters may have begun to flock... [(1193.1) 108:6.2].

Maybe we should expect a rise in the arrival of self-acting adjusters? What does this mean for parents of such children? Maybe they do need support groups :D

Nigel

#23 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

Maybe we should expect a rise in the arrival of self-acting adjusters?

This doesn't exactly coincide with the following:

110:4.6 For many thousands of years, so the records of Jerusem show, in each generation there have lived fewer and fewer beings who could function safely with self-acting Adjusters. This is an alarming picture, and the supervising personalities of Satania look with favor upon the proposals of some of your more immediate planetary supervisors who advocate the inauguration of measures designed to foster and conserve the higher spiritual types of the Urantia races.

Don't we need more of the "higher spiritual types" first before we get more self-acting Adjusters? Or, do you think that the Adjusters are responsible for producing the "higher spiritual types"? What do you think they mean by "foster and conserve the higher spiritual types"?

#24 Nigel Nunn

Nigel Nunn

Poster

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

What do you think they mean by "foster and conserve the higher spiritual types"?

Good question. Also worth noting, almost 2 generations have passed since that "alarming picture" was painted...

Nigel

#25 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

What does this mean for parents of such children? Maybe they do need support groups :D
Nigel

Hi!

Nigel,I think many parents actually need support group. But ... Who is going to lead? It's a problem!
Well, it could be a very studious reader of LU! :D
A psychologist, not please, and less traditional psychiatrist! I know a case, the psychiatrist wanted to medicate a child because it expressed some ideas for many "apparently" incomprehensible!
Fortunately a new trend is emerging called "Evolutionary Psychology" which includes the spiritual human being.

Alina

#26 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:48 AM

Good question. Also worth noting, almost 2 generations have passed since that "alarming picture" was painted...

And what's that in heavenly time . . . an hour or so?

I really don't know how the higher spiritual types are being conserved and fostered, or even what the higher spiritual types are other than those who can make it to the third psychic circle or function as a member of the reserve corps. I would think that conserving means protecting from harm and fostering means encouraging development and growth. How God intends to do this, I have no clue since messing with evolution or genes seems to be taboo. Do you think they're encouraging certain people to mate up; encouraging environmental circumstances conducive to multiple births; employing more angels; extending intervention by midwayers, or sending more advanced Adjusters? I'm supposing it could be all of it or none of it.

#27 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

Hello again!

Watching from the scientific perspective:
Questions: What about the approach of our solar system to the photon belt??
Are increasing our vibrations along with the whole system?
It appears that this influence would increased vibrational frequency in all We are not separate from the universe.
This presumably would result in awakening the conscience of many people who would lean more toward the spiritual?
Is known to influence the physical body is to think that also in the mind?
Or not?

Alina

#28 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

Photons are part of physical, material matter. Why would an increase in the vibration of physical matter increase one's spiritual capacity? The material level does not dominate the spiritual level; it's the other way around.

#29 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

Yes Bonita, is true that the material level does not dominate the spiritual level, but we are a unit and it is also true that if our brain is affected also our mind. For something you have to take the decision of survival, in the event of something happens in our brain.
Our physical body is the temple of espíritu and if it is affected, we can draw our conclusions.
In addition,our mind can be affected because we are chemical and electromagnetic unit.Just as gravity affects us, to give an example, we also are affect for other energy forces.

(484.2) 42:12.14 The spirit is the creative reality; the physical counterpart is the time-space reflection of the spirit reality, the physical repercussion of the creative action of spirit-mind.

(484.3) 42:12.15 Mind universally dominates matter, even as it is in turn responsive to the ultimate overcontrol of spirit. And with mortal man, only that mind which freely submits itself to the spirit direction can hope to survive the mortal time-space existence as an immortal child of the eternal spirit world of theSupreme, the Ultimate, and the Absolute: the Infinite.

(131.4) 12:3.1 All forms of force-energy — material, mindal, or spiritual — are alike subject to those grasps, those universal presences, which we call gravity. Personality also is responsive to gravity — to the Father’s exclusive circuit; but though this circuit is exclusive to the Father, he is not excluded from the other circuits; the Universal Father is infinite and acts over all four absolute-gravity circuits in the master universe

(456.2)...Basing their activities on such focal points of energy control, the power centers, by their living presences, directionize and channelize the physical energies of space. And these energy circuits are basic to all physical-material and morontia-spiritual phenomena.

Alina

Edited by Alina, 23 February 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#30 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

In addition,our mind can be affected because we are chemical and electromagnetic unit.Just as gravity affects us, to give an example, we also are affect for other energy forces.

But our mind and our physical brains are not the same thing. How do you know if an increasing a vibrational frequency will have a positive or negative effect on the brain, and how do you know what that effect will have on the mind? The mind is much, much more than brain tissue or the stuff it's made of.

And don't forget that the mind is not spirit either. Spirit is not mind, nor is it physical, material energy vibrations. Where does it say that spirit energy is vibrational?

I'm curious, why do people think that spirit vibrates? Is there evidence? Do some think that spirit is something on the far end of the frequency scale that humans just have difficulty perceiving? I never understood that. Spirit is not mind or matter, so why would spirit vibrate?

0:6.9 Light — spirit luminosity — is a word symbol, a figure of speech, which connotes the personality manifestation characteristic of spirit beings of diverse orders. This luminous emanation is in no respect related either to intellectual insight or to physical-light manifestations.

#31 Guest_As-Above-So-Below_*

Guest_As-Above-So-Below_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

But our mind and our physical brains are not the same thing. How do you know if an increasing a vibrational frequency will have a positive or negative effect on the brain, and how do you know what that effect will have on the mind? The mind is much, much more than brain tissue or the stuff it's made of.

And don't forget that the mind is not spirit either. Spirit is not mind, nor is it physical, material energy vibrations. Where does it say that spirit energy is vibrational?

I'm curious, why do people think that spirit vibrates? Is there evidence? Do some think that spirit is something on the far end of the frequency scale that humans just have difficulty perceiving? I never understood that. Spirit is not mind or matter, so why would spirit vibrate?

0:6.9 Light — spirit luminosity — is a word symbol, a figure of speech, which connotes the personality manifestation characteristic of spirit beings of diverse orders. This luminous emanation is in no respect related either to intellectual insight or to physical-light manifestations.

Bonita: in your UB quote selection above the key word which describes the previous words you underlined is “connotes” which in this case in its previous underlined words would be definition {1.} below, in that the above term “spirit luminosity —“ is the expressed definition for the previous word “Light” but, later in the phrase it “This luminous emanation” is re-defined when expressed what it is not. Also, this quote (0:6.9) is located in the UB in the forward section and in reference too “VII. The Supreme Being” and acts as a glossary only for a specific area of the UB, Remember that the UB is sectioned off into four books and each may contain their own glossary or definitions built-in. Therefore you might not wish to use this definition for “Light” in other places in the UB.

http://dictionary.re...qsrc=2894&l=dir
con·note
verb, -not·ed, -not·ing.
verb (used with object)

1. to signify or suggest (certain meanings, ideas, etc.) in addition to the explicit or primary meaning: The word “fireplace” often connotes hospitality, warm comfort, etc.
2. to involve as a condition or accompaniment: Injury connotes pain.
verb (used without object)
3. to have significance only by association, as with another word: Adjectives can only connote, nouns can denote.

Word Origin & History -- connote
1660s, from M.L. connotare "to mark along with," from con- "with" + notare "to mark" (see note). A common word in medieval logic.

In reference to your query on vibration; all matter, even light and frequency have a specific vibration. The Planet Earth actually puts out a distinct vibrational frequency, which by the way is slowing down since 1996. I have found that the Rosicrucian Order, AMORC, has very good study material regarding many forms of vibration even as they relate to humans and the mind and brain/body. This information is not open to the public, therefore it would go against my promise to not divulge this information from my study material but, it might explain it better.

Regarding physical brain, mind etc., the UB does point to an area of interest which it really does not explain that well but it can be found elsewhere; the one-, two-, and three-brained races, which would also refer to human beings. To find out the difference between the three, I had to read over 300 pages in a book over 1100 pages. I have since then found the authors original manuscript which is actually different from the published version. At any rate, the entire physical being and their DNA have an effect on the minds ability to function as connoted in the UB.

Edited by As-Above-So-Below, 23 February 2012 - 06:18 PM.

#32 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

Bonita, Vibration is life, movement, change ... ! The opposite is the total stillness ... The spirit is Life, as the Father is.
The UB.give great importance to the difference between beings of one, two or three brains so the material vehicle is important, serving a function, is the counterpart material.

(9.10) 0:6.8 Mind is a phenomenon connoting the presence-activity of living ministry in addition to varied energy systems; and this is true on all levels of intelligence. In personality, mind ever intervenes between spirit and matter; therefore is the universe illuminated by three kinds of light: material light, intellectual insight, and spirit luminosity.

(84.4) 7:3.4 The discriminative operation of the spirit-gravity circuit might possibly be compared to the functions of the neural circuits in the material humanbody: Sensations travel inward over the neural paths; some are detained and responded to by the lower automatic spinal centers; others pass on to the less automatic but habit-trained centers of the lower brain, while the most important and vital incoming messages flash by these subordinate centers and are immediately registered in the highest levels of human consciousne

#33 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

Bonita, Vibration is life, movement, change ... !

No, I don't think so. TUB clearly says life is neither energy or force. How can it be a vibration? But, we're talking about spirit, aren't we?

p404:4 36:6.6 We speak of life as "energy" and as "force," but it is really neither. Force-energy is variously gravity responsive; life is not. Pattern is also nonresponsive to gravity, being a configuration of energies that have already fulfilled all gravity-responsive obligations. Life, as such, constitutes the animation of some pattern-configured or otherwise segregated system of energy—material, mindal, or spiritual.

p403:6 36:6.1 Life is something different from all energy manifestations.

#34 Julian McGarry

Julian McGarry

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:21 AM

Hello again!

Watching from the scientific perspective:
Questions: What about the approach of our solar system to the photon belt??
Are increasing our vibrations along with the whole system?
It appears that this influence would increased vibrational frequency in all We are not separate from the universe.
This presumably would result in awakening the conscience of many people who would lean more toward the spiritual?
Is known to influence the physical body is to think that also in the mind?
Or not?

Alina

Hi Alina! I'm interested in where you got your information about our solar system approaching the photon belt. And if this is true, how do you know that such a phenomenon will increase "our vibrations along with the whole system? It's a bit confusing. As Above also Below says that since 1996 the distinct vibrational frequency of Planet Earth has been slowing down, not increasing. And does the UB indicate that increasing our vibrational frequency would make us more spiritual? I tend to be sceptical of these sort of statements....they sound amazing but I wonder if there is any hard evidence to support them.

Thanks for participating!

Julian

#35 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:12 AM

This discussion reminds me of the harmonic convergence nonsense. Why do people still believe that heavenly bodies have an influence on human behavior?

From Wikipedia: The core of the Photon Belt beliefs is that there is an immense belt of photons orbiting around the Pleiades. According to some New Age beliefs, Earth will pass through this belt of photons, resulting either in humanity's elevation to a higher plane of existence, the end of the world, or both.

This is just more EOTW (end-of-the-world) superstition that belongs in the same garbage bucket as astrology. Sorry to be so blunt, but I just can't tolerate this stuff.

#36 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

Hi!

Bonita. I think we were talking about the "manifestations" of life and Not Origin.
Of course, the depths of life, apparently not even know for Son Vorondarek ! But that does not mean that we have the ability to decipher life the most superficial, in this reality.
Say us that physical life is "segregated" for energy pure or "certain... energy system" Therefore
should be from at least three sources.Now the "spark" that triggered the life we do not know
completely, but its essence is spirit.
And of course that is life! To say that life has energy and strength, not wrong, but is More than that! because comes from God.
LIFE IS.

(look p- 467-405)

---------------------------------------------------
Hello Julian! welcome!

It is precisely the questions that I have done.
Much is discussed, there sources rather serious, discernible, others less so on this information.The information is in the web but we must choose reliable source because there is everything...
I realized the question because, like you Julian, I want to know more, but nobody has responded so far, I hope that someone on the forum we can report!
The other hand we know that the Revelation do not tell us everything so we have the possibility
to investigate.But tell us about climate change... and its consequences, among many other things.
It appears that for mankind, the encounter with the photon belt will be very mobilizing but this really depends on the man. It is linked with convergencias, if calls are so well developed at that time, major advances will occur in our consciousness, to get in tune with the highest frequencies.
I think it is the Schumann Resonance.
We need a scientist to help us with this. :)

Thanks!

Greetings

Alina

#37 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:02 AM

The photon belt does not exist. It is a figment of the imagination. It is a myth created by magical thinkers hoping for miracles. People have been trying to predict convergence with the photon belt much the same way that they've been trying to predict Jesus' second coming, the antichrist and the EOTW. Somehow, their predictions are ALWAYS wrong. Why is that? Because it's all IMAGINARY. It's no different than believing in leprechauns and gold at the end of the rainbow. PAH . . . LEEZE!

From Nasa:

My job is not dull; I never cease to be amazed at the crazy ideas that are circulating and the number of gullible people who fall for them. The photon belt is one of the craziest. The explanation given by the questioner is correct until it comes to Paul Otto Hesse, who was not an astronomer but wrote in 1950 a supposedly prophetic book called Der Jüngste Tag (The Last Day), which has been taken up by some in the New Age movement. According to Wikipedia, "The core of the Photon Belt beliefs is that there is an immense belt of photons orbiting around the Pleiades. According to some New Age beliefs, Earth will pass though this belt of photons, resulting either in humanity's elevation to a higher plane of existence, or the end of the world."http://en.wikipedia....iki/Photon_belt. This mystical belief has nothing to do with science, and in addition the concept of a belt of orbiting photons is absurd. Photons are light, not particles, and they move in nearly straights lines, not orbiting around anything, let alone the Pleiades star cluster, which is 400 light years away.

David Morrison
Astrobiology Senior Scientist

December 6, 2011

From the straightdope.com:

(1) No photon belt or other such region of increased energy has been discovered. Photons in any case are merely particles of electromagnetic energy, which we commonly experience as light. Upon exposure to excess photons the most common transformation of your being is sunburn.

(2) There's no "anomaly" near the Pleiades star cluster. The Pleiades are surrounded by a nebula, or gas cloud. This cloud is composed not of photons but of dust and hydrogen gas.

(3) The earth isn't heading toward the Pleiades but away from them. In the 1850s it was conjectured that the earth orbited the Pleiades, but this has long since been discredited.

From Wikipedia:

Mainstream scientists assert that there is no scientific evidence for the existence of any sort of "photon belt," and they have made the following statements in support of that conclusion:

• A photon is a boson--one of the elementary particle that carry the four forces of physics--in this case, the force that produces light, i.e., the electromagnetic force. To the extent that such a thing as a "photon belt" is physically possible, it would require the gravitational pull of a black hole, with light rays being bent around the black hole near the event horizon, forming a photon sphere.[37] Barring interaction with gravity or matter, photons otherwise always travel in straight lines.
  • Alcyone is a star in the Pleiades cluster, some 440 light-years away. The core of the Pleiades cluster is approximately 8 light-years across. The Sun, and with it the Earth, is moving away from Alcyone.[35]

#38 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

It seems that neither NASA agrees.
There are conflicting reports since 2009 when NASA-Voyager confirmed the discovery of the Photon Belt.
Therefore, we have no chance of trying to study here something concrete.
Well, each to investigate according to their best knowledge! :)
Over time however we will know what is truth.

Thanks all!

Alina

#39 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

Alina,

The sites that have stories about Voyager and the photon belt are not scientific sites. The sites with those stories are conspiracy theory or new age religion sites. There's nothing directly from NASA confirming any of it. It's BOGUS BALONEY!

#40 Nigel Nunn

Nigel Nunn

Poster

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

Maybe folks are confusing that old sci-fi story with what's called the "heliopause"? This is a region where the solar wind and interstellar wind kind of interact and balance out. Talking of conspiracy theories, some questions just have to be asked: for example, why wait for photons to tickle your fancy when the one who invented photons is already with you?

Nigel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users